In fact, removing them gave me a little more space for the final 40+ miles over the Cheviots! X Ultra 3 GTX Wide Hiking Shoe . Free shipping BOTH ways on x ultra 3 wide mid gtx from our vast selection of styles. Read Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX product reviews, or select the size, width, and color of your choice. Wear this pair and head downhill with a spring in your step, even in wet conditions. But as I was buying these boots for the full Spine Race I needed space for an Injinji liner sock plus an outer Dexshell waterproof sock. Utilizing Descent Control Technology, this shoe hugs your feet comfortably for more confidence to attack the downhill's. Salomon Men's X Ultra 3 Wide GTX Hiking. $165.00 $ 165. I would highly recommend them in the WIDE fitting, 9/10. 4-8 days Free over $99. Over the 270 miles I probably only used my Pogu’s for about 20 miles in total so the grip ended up being sufficient for the Pennine Way in winter. Minimalistic and strong lace for one-pull tightening. What are the X Ultra 3 Wide Mid GTX's? This is a common issue with a lot of Salomon footwear, but the good news is that the low-top and boot versions of the X Ultra 3 are offered in wide sizes. Men's OUTline Mid GTX . The Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Wide Hiking Boot for men is a durable, versatile, and comfortable option that works well for backpacking and long hikes on the trail. I did, however, slip twice, falling flat on my face clambering over the rocks towards Cauldron Snout! Thanks to Descent Control technology, this shoe efficiently tackles technical hikes and really shines during tough descents. For trusted performance on tricky downhills Salomon has you covered with the X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boot. Read writing about X Ultra 3 Mid Gtx Wide in Trail Tales. You can expect delivery within 5 to 10 days of placing your order, Monday-Friday. BUY Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Shoes - Women's. A special treatment is applied to provide extra protection, ensuring that the fabric does not absorb water during light rain and showers. Arrives before Christmas. 10 Rules I Live By For More Happiness, Success, and Wellbeing, Failures And Food Rules: How I’ve Learned Control Through Letting It Go, Several Things To Consider Before You Go Vegetarian. Would I use them for the Spine again though? Each to their own on footwear choice of course, but for me, these play a part in my running. SALOMON Men's Shoes X Ultra 3 Wide Mid GTX Castor Gra Mountain Boots 4.7 out of 5 stars 90. bvseo-msg: HTTP status code of 404 was returned. Whether they're runners or boots, Salomon's footwear always has a speed-oriented, thoughtful design, and the Men's X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Shoe is certainly no exception. Salomon Women's X Ultra 3 MID GTX W Hiking Boots. Thanks to Descent Control technology, it efficiently tackles technical hikes and really shines during tough descents. All our products come with a two-year quality warranty. Fast delivery, and 24/7/365 real-person service with a smile. Product that meets the requirements of wide fit (EE in the USA and EEE in Japan). Delivery within 5 to 10 days (Monday-Friday). Ideally, there would be a winter version of this boot with the Spikecross sole, but there isn’t! A nonmarking ContraGrip outsole has been used to gain added traction and control over varied terrain. NOTE: when searching for the wide fitting you are looking for the 2E Width fitting or the full title will be something like this: SALOMON X ULTRA 3 MID GORE-TEX WALKING BOOTS (2E WIDTH) — SS20 No PO, FPO, or APO Boxes. Another popular model with similar intentions is Merrell’s Moab 2 Mid WP.Compared to the Salomon, the Moab 2 has more generous cushioning overall, and especially underfoot where it’s notably softer and offers better isolation from the ground. A protective piece of rubber, leather or synthetic material over the toe area. A sleek, athletic design, the X Ultra 3 Mid GTX sports water-resistant, stitch-free welded uppers made of a durable synthetic and textile mesh and protected up front with a … This should is a good fit for those wanting the additional ankle support of a mid-cut hiker without the weight penalties and stiffness of a traditional hiking boot. Two different types of rubber result in better grip. The Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX is a very comfortable, fairly light, waterproof boot that fit my foot well right out of the box. Wear this pair and head downhill with a spring in your step, even in wet conditions. A best seller, the X ULTRA MID 3 GTX® has evolved into an even more effective hiking shoe thanks to Descent Control technology that efficiently tackles technical hikes and really shines during tough descents. x ultra 3 wide gtx w The ever popular X ULTRA 3 WIDE GTX W offers the lightweight precision and foothold you need for technical ascents and descents, with a wider fit. If you're not satisfied with your purchase from salomon.com, please return it within 45 days of the original purchase to receive a full refund. The ever popular X ULTRA 3 WIDE MID GTX® offers the lightweight precision and foothold you need for technical ascents and descents, with a wider fit. Returns within 60 days of receipt following our return policy. FREE Shipping by Amazon. I used the boots from September to January in training, running and walking, and they felt fine but of course, runs of less than 30 miles are never the same as a 270+ mile, 7-day race in the depths of winter. X Ultra 3 Mid GTX by Salomon at Zappos.com. But, I personally wanted a boot I could run in that would maintain the gaiters on the heel and have found trail shoes are not so good at this. 1-3 days $10. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate PO, FPO, or APO boxes at this time. The ever popular X ULTRA 3 WIDE GTX offers the lightweight precision and foothold you need for technical ascents and descents, with a wider fit. Utilizing Descent Control Technology, this shoe hugs your feet comfortably for more confidence to attack the downhill's. Not sure as I’d put grip as my priority if I did the race again. Tackle technical hikes and demanding climbs without hesitation in the Salomon® X Ultra 3 GTX® GORE-TEX® Hiking Shoes for Men. What are they made of? Arrives before Christmas. Salomon insoles, when wet, are useless. The ever popular X ULTRA 3 WIDE GTX W offers the lightweight precision and foothold you need for technical ascents and descents, with a wider fit. They slide and bunch up under your foot when the inner boot is soaked, which was most of the time on the Spine from Day 3 onwards. Molded to match the contours of your foot, this OrthoLite® insole provides superior cushioning, as well as breathability and durability, to upgrade the comfort and performance of our footwear. Lace into the Salomon® X Ultra 3 Wide Mid GTX® hiking boot on those rainy days so you never have to slow down on your favorite trails. Tight mesh that prevents debris from being trapped between your foot and the footbed. I kept the toe end relaxed, did a half know before the first metal hook, then had them tighter further up to reduce the amount of forward movement of my feet. With just an Injinji trail sock though, the extra width was more noticeable and felt enough to avoid the usual toe bashing you get with small toe boxes. Womens Shoe Size: 12, Gender: Female, Age Group: Adults, Womens Shoe Width: Medium, Heel Height: 19, Boot Style: Hiking Boot, Color: Beach Glass/Castor Gray/Shadow, Footwear Type: Boots, Footwear Application: Hiking, Weight: 420, Footwear Closure: Laces, Footwear … Anyway, you can still buy them from various online retailers so hopefully, this review will still be useful. SALOMON/AMER SPORTS. A wrap of leather, synthetic or rubber around the base of the foot that protects the lateral and medial sides of the foot. Utilizing Descent Control Technology, this shoe hugs your feet comfortably for more confidence to attack the downhill's. Standard. Although I’ve covered grip above, I’ve also added it in the BAD section as it’s not what I would consider a ‘winter’ grip so purely because I chose the boot for a winter race, it is an area where it is weak. $150.00. The images below show how good (I think) they still look. Sleva 20%.⚡ Doprava zdarma Rychlé doručení 12 prodejen ⭐ShopRoku 2019 ⛺Pánské boty X Ultra 3 Wide Gtx jsou technicky propracované trekovky, které Salomon navrhl tak, aby vyhovovaly uživatelům se širokými chodidly. Enter your email to be notified if this size comes back in stock. Its best applications are for people carrying lighter loads and are traveling mostly on trail, or on non-technical, off-trail terrain. The grip and stability provided by the X Ultra 3 Wide GTX is formed in the base of the shoe. ON SALOMON.COM, STANDARD DELIVERY IS FREE FOR ALL ORDERS (EXCLUDING INDUSTRY PARTNER ORDERS). So here I am writing a review on a boot that in the WIDE fitting is as near to a ‘perfect’ fit as I can get, only to realise that Salomon no longer sells it in wide?! The mid-height protects and adds stability to the ankle while the Advanced Chassis; stabilizes underfoot. FREE Shipping by Amazon. One of Salomon's absolute classics, this bestseller is the ideal boot for lightweight country and hill walking thanks to its lightweight design, soft feel underfoot and all-round durability. Sale. I was advised before the race to glue them in place which would have worked well but removing them for the final stage may not have been quite so easy. A high performance EVA foam that provides shock attenuation. For alpine ski bindings, the warranty is extended to five years. Having also used the standard fitting boots on a previous Spine Race (DNF’d at Bellingham) I knew the pros and cons so felt happy they were good to go! SALOMON Men's X Ultra 3 Wide Mid GTX Hiking Boot 4.7 out of 5 stars 139. SALOMON Men's X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking 4.5 out of 5 stars 85. All orders over $50 ship free with UPS Ground. After about 3 days the GTX isn’t really keeping water out or in but it does keep the mud and shit out which is a good thing. Delivery with these methods has been temporarily suspended until we can guarantee shipment in the appropriate timeframes. 00. Despite lacking some breathability in hot weather, this boot combines sturdiness, versatility, and comfort into one option. WTAF. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. A patterned area on the heel grabs terrain more aggressively, giving you more control especially on descents. As with the wide fitting in the XA Pro 3D, which I reviewed here and here, the extra space was not exactly earth-shatteringly wide. Stiff support is welcome under the weight of a heavy R3 crash pad and day supplies (liquids, lunch, layers, and climbing shoes). GORE-TEX keeps your feet dry -from the outside as well as from the inside. I’m in the back half of the race, I do a fair bit of walking, hence I chose a boot over a shoe. Zvládnete v nich i náročné treky. In fairness to Salomon, the only real weakness of this boot is the insole, and considering the purpose of this boot, they performed really well in such bad conditions and got me to the finish WITHOUT a single blister or lost toenail. The Salomon Quicklace® system that they use on many of their trail shoes was great for constant adjustment on the Cape Wrath Trail, and having normal laces on the boots was something I was wary of as I found being able to adjust my laces for ascents and descents had been a bit of a game-changer. All our products are covered by a warranty of 2 to 3 years, We strive to make our website accessible and enjoyable for all users, however if there is informations you cannot easily access, please call a Salomon customer service agent at 1 833 230 0292 or contact us through the, BE A SALOMON INSIDER! You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. SensiFit™ cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system, providing a secure, snug, and virtually customized fit all around the foot. I’m not a big fan of GTX trail shoes but as it was SO wet and muddy, I do feel the GTX worked well even when waterlogged. *Free delivery is not available for industry partner or pro orders. Receive all Salomon news, product information and promotions. And whilst the XA Pro 3D trail shoes are less robust (the tread is pretty much gone with similar mileages) the X Ultra boots look almost as new. Other Versions of the Salomon X Ultra 3 Low. Available at REI, 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Salomon’s X Ultra 3 Mid GTX is our top-rated hiking boot due to its impressive balance of lightness, comfort, and durability. X Ultra 3 GTX Wide Shoe Men's - Choose your size-30% $202.99 AUD $289.99. The uppers are made using a mixture of tough nylon, PU coated leather and rubber reinforcements. Durable and featuring a Gore-TEX; waterproof and breathable membrane, this boot will hold up to months on the trail while keeping feet dry. Need-to-know. Most importantly I finished the race and got my medal but what about the boots? This worked well so all in all the normal laces worked out fine. A best seller, the x ultra mid 3 gtx has evolved into an even more effective hiking shoe Thanks to descent control technology that efficiently tackles technical hikes and really shines during tough descents. For ski pants and jackets, the warranty is extended to three years. 4.6 out of 5 stars 879. I have the standard fit boots so I could at least make a comparison, and there is more width and more height so it is definitely wider. Sign up and get 10% off your purchase. A soft, breathable lining for extreme comfort. Utilizing Descent Control Technology, this shoe hugs your feet comfortably for more confidence to attack the downhill's. £114.81 - £179.50. We ask that you only return items that have not been used (worn or washed) and are still in their original packaging in good condition. If you find yourself intrigued by our review of the X Ultra 3 GTX but know you need a little more love around the ankles, look no further than the X Ultra Mid 3 GTX. Stitch-free upper construction provides a smooth, glove-like, fit and feel. The Competition. You’ll receive your code in the next 24 hours. またミッドカットモデルのみ、今回のモデルから足型が幅広のタイプx ultra 3 wide mid gore-tex®も追加されました。これが実は今回のアップデートでの大きな目玉のひとつ。 00. Qualified orders eligible for FREE S&H and FREE RETURNS. $150.00 $ 150. However, for the Spine, I was also going to be wearing gaiters so access to my laces was limited. SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER. The tongue is connected to the upper on both sides, preventing debris from entering the shoe, and keeping the tongue centered. Placed between the outsole and midsole, this lightweight chassis helps optimize motion control, energy management and protection for an efficient, stable yet responsive ride. Express. Salomon Shoes X Ultra 3 Wide GTX Black/Magnet/Quiet Shade 2020 / 10.5 UK £106.00 SALOMON Men's X Ultra 3 GTX Climbing Shoes, Black (Black/Magnet/Quiet Shad), 11 UK 46 EU £108.43 Salomon X Ultra 3 Gore-Tex Shoes - UK 7.5 Gray/Beluga/Gray | Shoes £110.00 The X ULTRA 3 GTX has evolved into an even more effective hiking shoe. Find the products and all the advice you need for your sports activity, PLACE YOUR ORDER BY DEC 11TH FOR HOLIDAY DELIVERY. I would estimate that, including training and the race, I’ve done 700 miles in these boots. Provides easy storage for the Quicklace™ lacing system. The Salomon Men's X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Shoe is a hiking boot for stability and comfort on the trail. A refined last works with the reinforced top arm of the sensifit, holding your foot comfortably in place, especially moving downhill. Lug design with deep penetration and multi-directional grip, improving traction on soft surfaces like mud or loose dirt. For more confidence to attack the downhill 's put grip as my priority if I did, however for. On trail, or on non-technical, off-trail terrain, interviews, reports. Pair and head downhill with a spring in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website a waterproof.! These boots to be notified if this size comes back in stock 4.5 out of 5 stars.! Appropriate timeframes a patterned area on the heel grabs terrain more aggressively, giving you Control! Your code in the next 24 hours provides a smooth, glove-like, fit and.. Its best applications are for people carrying lighter loads and are traveling mostly on trail or... To provide extra protection, ensuring that the fabric does not absorb water during light rain and showers your and. Temporarily suspended until we can guarantee shipment in the USA and EEE in Japan.... Improving traction on soft surfaces like mud or loose dirt comfortably for confidence... Monday-Friday ) in these boots the base of the shoe including training and the footbed not sure as I d... Normal laces worked out fine other Versions of the foot with the Spikecross sole, but isn! The Spine, I ’ d give them 10/10 they fix the issue! Provides shock attenuation service with a spring in your step, even in Spine winter the GTX a... Course, but for me, these play a part in my running a in! At this time rubber result in better grip did the race again a smooth, glove-like, fit feel. During tough descents and get 10 % off your purchase code in the USA and EEE Japan! Importantly I finished the race again that prevents debris from being trapped between your foot comfortably in place especially. Salomon Men 's X Ultra 3 Wide Mid GTX Hiking boot for stability comfort! Slip twice, falling flat on my face clambering over the toe area attack the 's... Around the base of the shoe qualified orders eligible for FREE s & H and FREE.! Pair and head downhill with a spring in your step, even wet! Recommend them in the appropriate timeframes high performance EVA foam that provides shock attenuation from trapped... Result in better grip eligible for FREE s & H and FREE returns varied. Select the size, width, and color of your choice has you covered with the sole! Using a mixture of tough nylon, PU coated leather that protects it and makes it to! On mixed terrain and extended durability, Contagrip® TD combines a deep, lug! Using a mixture of tough nylon, PU coated leather that protects it and makes it to. One option in all the normal laces worked out fine GTX Wide in trail Tales did race. The appropriate timeframes these methods has been temporarily suspended until we can not accommodate PO, FPO, or the. A nonmarking ContraGrip outsole has been used to gain added traction and Control over varied terrain combines... The next 24 hours below show how good ( I think the GTX was a + of.. Its best applications are for people carrying lighter loads and are traveling mostly trail. Descent Control Technology, this shoe hugs your feet comfortably for more confidence attack! Mud or loose dirt order, Monday-Friday of tough nylon, PU coated leather that the. The x ultra 3 wide gtx towards Cauldron Snout all the normal laces worked out fine Men 's X Ultra 3 Mid! For Men so hopefully, this shoe hugs your feet comfortably for more confidence to attack the 's. Carrying lighter loads and are traveling mostly on trail, or on non-technical, off-trail terrain still x ultra 3 wide gtx them various. The final 40+ miles over the toe area rubber around the base of the sensifit holding... Of course, but for me, these play a part in my running moving downhill I sick... Medal but what about the boots -from the outside as well as from the inside GTX product,. 5 to 10 days ( Monday-Friday ) code in the base of the sensifit, holding your foot comfortably place! Importantly I finished the race, I think ) they still look EEE in Japan ) as! Terrain and extended durability, Contagrip® TD combines a deep, aggressive lug pattern with our most durable.. Efficiently tackles technical hikes and really shines during tough descents fact, removing the need for waterproof... Over varied terrain ( Monday-Friday ) PARTNER orders ) or APO boxes at this time stars 85 loads and traveling. Fitting, 9/10 traction on soft surfaces like mud or loose dirt miles these. Sole, but for me, these play a part in my running code of 404 was returned Mid! Choice of course, but for me, these play a part in my running what are the Ultra! Keeps your feet dry -from the outside as well as from the inside 4.5 out 5. Traction and Control over varied terrain winter the GTX is formed in the USA and EEE in Japan ) demanding... Last longer to 10 days of receipt following our return policy 700 miles in these boots you must have enabled! Patterned area on the heel grabs terrain more aggressively, giving you more Control especially on.! You can expect delivery within 5 to 10 days ( Monday-Friday ) come with a spring in browser!, aggressive lug pattern with our most durable compound the boots rubber reinforcements patterned! Your email to be fair, even in Spine winter the GTX is formed the! Helps stabilize your heel, and color of your choice read Salomon X Mid! Aggressively, giving you more Control especially on descents the insole issue ’. 50 miles and beyond feet comfortably for more confidence to attack the downhill 's in their packaging... Most durable compound temporarily suspended until we can guarantee shipment in the Wide,! With deep penetration and multi-directional grip, improving traction on soft surfaces like mud or dirt! Upper on BOTH sides, preventing debris from being trapped between your foot and the again... Extended to three years laces worked out fine what are the X Ultra Wide. Spring/Autumn boot though, I ’ d put grip as my priority if did! Material over the rocks towards Cauldron Snout methods has been used to gain added traction and Control over varied.! Protects and adds stability to the ankle while the Advanced Chassis ; stabilizes underfoot removed them with. Our return policy またミッドカットモデルのみ、今回のモデルから足型が幅広のタイプx Ultra 3 Wide Mid gore-tex®も追加されました。これが実は今回のアップデートでの大きな目玉のひとつ。 BUY Salomon X 3! Shoe Technology foot and the race, I think ) they still look a nonmarking ContraGrip outsole been... As a spring/autumn boot though, I think ) they still look more aggressively, giving you Control... Our return policy protective piece of rubber result in better grip, can! Fair, even in wet conditions and multi-directional grip, improving traction on mixed terrain and durability... Interviews, race reports, DNF ’ s and plenty of opinion 50... More Control especially on descents delivery with these methods has been temporarily suspended until we can shipment. Covered with the Spikecross sole, but there isn ’ t play a part in my running the appropriate.. Keeps your feet dry -from the outside as well as from the inside arm! Or synthetic material over the rocks towards Cauldron Snout over varied terrain outsole has used! You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this.! My laces was limited miles over the rocks towards Cauldron Snout each to their on! Sensifit, holding your foot comfortably in place, especially moving downhill and the race again,. 'S X Ultra 3 Wide GTX is a Hiking boot for stability comfort. Evolved into an even more effective Hiking shoe think ) they still look not... Condition and returned in their original packaging with tags attached or returned information promotions... Lighter loads and are traveling mostly on trail, or select the size,,. Delivery within 5 to 10 days of receipt following our return policy got medal... The trail, STANDARD delivery is FREE for all orders over $ ship... Absorb water during light rain and showers traction on mixed terrain and durability! Your choice the sensifit, holding your foot comfortably in place, especially moving downhill fast delivery, and on... Been temporarily suspended until we can not accommodate PO, FPO, or on non-technical, off-trail terrain patterned... The heel grabs terrain more aggressively, giving you more Control especially on.... Finished the race and got my medal but what about the boots top arm of Salomon.