$80.00. Conetta MK2 Ka-Bar style fighting knife W/ scabbard. His knives with the Miami mark are rare and quite desirable among Vietnam collectors. This knife is now well Fig. Vietnam War US Pilot Survival Fighting Knife Camillus 1967 USN USMC USAF A+. Shawn Snow. Fig. IN GOOD OVERALL SHAPE AND CONDITION. 5. The first batch of knives, i.e. The knife appears to be in pretty good condition. Ruana knives of the Vietnam period are marked “R.H. $9.95 shipping. These were made of rather soft spring steel and could be re-sharpened on a handy rock or other abrasive material. This knife was available for about $25 and was quite popular. It is no coincidence that it looks like a Randall sheath of the same period ...Johnson also made sheaths for Randall. On the right is another Navy knife, a Mark 1 by Pal. Starting around 1967 the knives were marked w1th the makers name and date on the pommel. Dimensions: 17.313" x 6.375" x 5.125" Weight: 2.6 lb Made in the USA. This knife was designed by Ken Warner and Pete Dickey and was built by Hackman of Finland. The Western Bowie at the top was offered stateside as well as in Vietnam. About 250 of the variety shown in this photograph were made. 2" ) for building the site. Original WW2 era model L77 Commando Stiletto fighting knife manufactured during the war by Western Cutlery Co. in Boulder, Colorado.Very attractive blued blade type; comes with original leather scabbard. It is like new and has never been sharpened. Another proud supplier of WWII knives was Western Cutlery Co. and they were there in Vietnam as well. There are a large and interesting variety of knives issued by the different branches of service. We found something similar. Many times stronger than a Gerber or an F~S, it is an excellent fighting knife. Later, the knife was manufactured for Garcia in Brazil and at that time the knife was lightened quite a bit. The top knife is all black and has resin impregnated wood handles and a parkerized blade. Marines on patrol in Vietnam in March, 1967. Solid Vietnam War era MK2 fighter great overall condition, considering the age; this type is getting harder to find, especially in better grades. I have been collecting military knives for over 22 years, and I am well known among many military knife authors and other nationally known collectors. As most of you know, part of the enjoyment of collecting military Welcome to the home of Military Fighting Knives. On the left and right of the picture are a couple of World War II items returned to service in Vietnam. How a bloody Ka-Bar knife fight during the Vietnam War got this Marine a Navy Cross 52 years later. Arkansas Toothpick: I have sold or traded off almost all of my Randall knives except the VN era 2-8 (center) and a small 2-4. He has a USMC room with all of his souvenirs in there, and the only thing he didn't have was this knife. Fig. When the decision to sell everything comes an email will be sent to all registered users. This attractive Vietnam War era Camillus MK2 fighting knife has not been cleaned or tampered with in any way, 100% original condition; these are the actual photos. I picked this up for my Vietnam combat buddy who lives next door to me. evolve. Those made after 1968 were marked, “BUCK/U.S.A.’”. World War I saw horrific fighting in close quarters, which helps explain the knife’s nickname as “Knuckle Dusters,” referencing their heavy brass knuckle grip. Blade is marked on the ricasso with special forces insignia and marked on the blade 5TH SPECIAL FORCES GROUP (Abn) VIETNAM , blade measures 6 in, overall 10 5/8 in. I had a slight knife advantage, my father was a WWII/Korea UDT (BMC) who had very specific opinions about fighting knives and he gave me a fighting knife made by a machinist mate on a ship he was being transported on (it was given to my father by the mate). Finally there are the custom knives, handmade knives, based on an individual’s order. Click on thumbnail image The Fairbairn/Sykes type commando dagger in the middle was purchased through Randall Made Knives in the states. Specializing in Vietnam Fighting Knives Plus Gerber, Terzuola, Randall, Loveless & BenchMark Knives. The handle is a hollow metal tube covered by stacked leather washers. The Mark I is based on the French variety, except i… The knife is so symbolic of British commandos that a solid gold F-S Fighting Knife is part of the commandos' memorial at Westminster Abbey. The previous owner told me he had it in either 1968 or 1969 . This one is marked on the guard M7 Milpar .This knife came back from Vietnam. ... We see this one constantly on sale as a "Vietnam Era" knife… 7 is a Milpar bayonet knife. Harry (Mac) McEvoy, who died a few years ago, was a journalist and maker of throwing knives. If you have been in They are serially numbered 1000 through 1019 and also show a “10” stamped on thestainless440C blade which represents the blade model #. knives is in the sharing of information with your fellow collectors. Stiletto type blades of the Vietnam period include the Gerber Mark II Combat Knife shown at the top of Fig. Kabar’s history with the U.S. Military is a proud one and during WWII they supplied hundreds of thousands of Mark 1 ‘s, Mark 2’s and pocket knives. Highly recommend. Like the other knives shown with it, it was primarily a weapon and did not serve well when used for more common chores. $12.00 shipping. Like the previous knife, it too has saw teeth and a hollow handle for storing survival items. I have tried to determine if any other Mark 1 ‘s saw service in Vietnam and have spoken with a few veterans who were issued the Pal Mark 1 and recall seeing it being carried others but have no recollection of seeing other Mark 1 ‘s in use. Fullered blade has been lightly re-sharpened; the tip is intact. In fact, there is ample opportunity for the collector to spend years chasing after the knives of the Vietnam War. The Vietnam Service Ribbon Fighting Knife does come with a genuine leather sheath, but I’d doubt if it finds much use. Ending Today at 5:51PM PST 13h 36m. This Vietnam era Model 2 is in mint condition, pretty well eliminating any chance that it was ever carried in combat. This one is made by Conetta but Camillus and Utica also made these knives. The bottom knife has a stacked leather washer handle and a bright blade. Each traditional Vietnam knife is equipped with a 7 1/4”” stainless steel blade with teeth like serrations. The bottom knife is a John Ek Knife Model 3 made in Miami, Florida. the font is a bit off but hard to tell apart if you do not have the two together at the same time. VIETNAM WAR ERA SOLDIERS FIGHTING KNIFE. This particular one is numbered and has a plum colored blade. The Mark 2 second from the left is typical of the Vietnam period with it coated leather handle and sheath. Back To Syria war 5. Iraq war . The early six inch version was a more practical knife for field use but was redesigned in 1962 and shortened to five inches because of cockpit space requirements. 4). Photos: Anonymous Straight blade Mark II - Serial Number 007338 - This knife was carried by RMCS G.R. Handle is nice and tight. 3 shows a couple of popular Western offerings. Dimensions: 17.313" x 6.375" x 5.125" Weight: 2.6 lb Made in the USA. The knives could be obtained in one of Randall’s well made leather sheaths ($6 for the knife and $5 for the sheath). The sheath is by Johnson Leather Company in Castleberry, Florida. There were TL-29’s, electrician’s pocket knives. goes to my "Web-Wizard" nephew, Chris Armold (author of "Steel Pots 1 & Saved by Vern Rowe. Some of these knives were also used by the Special Forces in Vietnam as presentation pieces. 2 shows a pair of six inch Kabar made knives. Finally, there were a large variety of knives issued to the Special Forces that draw keen interest from collectors and these include machetes, bolos and SOG knives, (Fig. Questions? 99 One was named the Parkerized Commando and the other, with a bright blade was known as the Polished Commando. North Vietnam Vietnam War Handmade Knives Jane Fonda World War Ii Troops Weapons Korea Military. The knife second from the left is a Ruana model 29 Junior Bowie. A pretty rare piece and your chance to own a piece of history! those by Hackman, were very well made of 1/4 inch stainless steel. the hobby for any length of time you are also aware that interests change and collections The whole package provides an inexpensive yet somewhat functional knife. This vintage Vietcong combat knife has a straight blade, about 7 inches long. Comes complete with black leather sheath with a sharpening stone pocket. Fig. Vietnam War US Pilot Survival Fighting Knife Camillus 3-1967 USN USMC USAF. US Marines in Afghanistan . Price: US $137.50 (approx C $178.41) View original item. *Knife sold separately. During this period they also produced a pair of knives quite similar to the PX knives described above. The Jet Pilot’s Survival Knives are in the center. Ending Today at 7:51PM PST 18h 37m. Custom knifemaker, Bill Moran, could not keep up with orders during the war, so he bought 100 of these knives by Hackman, provided his own sheath and sold them to his customers who needed a knife right away. This piece is primed for the collector and would look amazing on any shelf or in any display. posted for your reference. Vietnam Era Fighting Knife made by Buck. Tru-Bal knives were well regarded and even Randall Made Knives of Orlando, Florida carried his line during the Vietnam War years. Blackwash finish 1095 Cro-Van steel blade A great variety of blades were carried by troops in the field in Vietnam. Opens image gallery. Like the other knives shown with it, it was primarily a weapon and did not serve well when used for more common chores. The Milpar and Utica varieties are seldom seen and one aluminum handled Milpar made knife is quite rare. The knife below the Buck was is a Garcia Survival Knife. Then there are knives from the PX and other private purchase factory knives. Silvey The knives, which were just about indestructible, served for clearing brush, opening 55 gallon drums or ration cans, or as a defensive last ditch weapon. Kobane . 1969 US RVN Vietnam War Bauer Ordnance M7 Knife 1969 PWH or TWB Scabbard. The tube is kept water tight by a screw cap and “0” ring. *Knife sold separately. I served with the 1st (RVN), 5th (RVN), 6th, and 10th SFGs over the years. Another issue knife is the all-metal four-blade pocket knife. 6 shows as custom made knife by Jim Pugh of Azle, Texas. If you collect fighting knives we think you'll enjoy what we have to offer. POST VIETNAM GERBER MARK II COMBAT FIGHTING KNIFE & SHEATH* $71.99. the markings are all the same and in the same place as the originals. This knife was available for about $25 and was quite popular. Some wear to the finish on the blade. $8.95 shipping. Free shipping. 7). The scabbard supplied was their Style 139 with a basket weave finish. Vietnam War US Pilot Survival Fighting Knife Camillus Army USN USMC USAF. The leather was supplied by Krasne’s Triple K of San Diego, California who manufactured a variety of holsters and sheaths. United States Email: knives@rbhcustom.com. Kurds . Condition: Used. $179.28. An unusual example of the latter type was the SOG knife. ABOUT KNIFE MAKER » CONTACT RBH CUSTOM KNIVES. Dickson Fighting Knife with Leather Scabbard Double Edge. This fighting stiletto is about 11-1/4” / 28.4 cm overall; the blade is about 6-7/8″ / 17.5 cm. The bottom knife in Fig. This is a collection site and none of the items in the collection are for sale at this point in time. Buck knives made before 1968 were marked “BUCK” on the reverse side of the blade. $70.00. Rare Vietnam War Captured Vietcong Handmade Knife & Scabbard. Vietnam War SOG Knives In the history of the U.S. military, most issue knives were designed for particular functions, some were intended for specialized units, and a few were created for specific missions or operations. of knife for a larger view. Kevin Parsons made about 1,000 knuckle knives. After 1968 the mark went to "Buck / USA", then to "Buck / 120 /USA". 3 is a Randall model 18 Survival. The USN Mark 2 on the left is a guard marked version made by Camillus with its plastic sheath. There are many more: issue, factory, and custom knives, all waiting for the tender loving care that only a passionate collector can give them. The PX (Post Exchange) was a place where GI’s could purchase knives for their own use. CONETTA VIETNAM ERA BAYONET,FIRST CONTRACT, FACTORY SEALED NOS. $106.43 Add to cart Contact info@fightingknives.info He made a variety of knives but the ones that were popular with those bound for Vietnam were the Bowie Ax (top) and the Battle Blade (center). Dome Presentation Case #1431 Acrylic-topped wood-base display case is perfect for showcasing your KA-BAR Fighting/Utility knife up to 13". The Mark II was commonly carried by troops for the United States in the Vietnam War, and was second only to the Ka-Bar knife in fame. The knife is in good condition 9.5 inches long knife, showing some use. Sell one like this. By M.W. 8. You are bidding on a vintage Vietnam era Camillus N.Y. Jet fighter Pilot survival knife tang marked made between 1961-1967, This is a 5 inches blade knife that is marked on the tang which places the knife between these dates. ISIS . The military style impact resistance sheath is designed to hold the knife securely but, offers quick and easy access. Main menu. Picture Information. Comes with scabbard. Knife features a stacked leather contoured grip with aluminum pommel and aluminum guard. They were made from 1968 to 1970 under contract for the Goverment, and are a scarce variation not to o Good condition knife and sheath with stone inside. Buck knives made prior to 1968 were marked just "Buck". Some of the knives pictured here no longer reside in my collection, but remain Tru-Balance throwing knives also showed up in Vietnam, (Fig. Comments have not been generated for this article. John Ek knives became legendary in World War II and these are marked “John Ek Knives/Hamden, Conn.”. 3 bids. Pugh made about 20 of these in 1971 and 1972. Knife Fight . The bottom knife was also made in the early 1970’s. Later Ruana’s do not have the final .’M”. PLEASE VIEW ALL DETAILED PICTURES. Ruana/Bonner/Montana M”. These SOG knives are quite rare and much sought after by collectors. 32 bids. Measures approx. From shop OldTimeyCollectables. It is made from a U.S. M7 bayonet, however, the latching mechanism has been replaced with a plain steel disc pommel. airborne . What a great chance to pay him back for all the help he's given me over the years. navy seals . This knife looks a lot like the original and with a little bit of use can be made to look old real quick. This article first appeared in Small Arms Review V5N7 (April 2002)and was posted online on February 21, 2014. Ballad of the Green Berets . This was a popular knife in Vietnam and was seen in use by ground forces as well as by pilots and air crews. $56.00. 1 shows a number of the common issue knives. Camillus, Milpar, Ontario, and Utica also made these knives. Ended: Nov 14, 2020, 08:50:08 PM EST. The knife features in the insignia of the British Royal Marines, Dutch Commando Corps, founded in the UK during WWII, the Australian 2nd Commando Regiment, and the United States Army Rangers. Mac’s son Stephen carried one of his dad’s knives in Vietnam. Like the Jet Pilot’s Survival Knife these were also dated and provide an area of interest for collectors. Knife & sheath * $ 71.99 Florida carried his line during the Vietnam.... Come with a 7 1/4 ” ” stainless steel are all the same time enjoy what we have offer. A bloody Ka-Bar knife fight style impact resistance sheath is by Johnson Company! Stamped on thestainless440C blade which represents the blade Model # his dad ’ s order he 's given me the! His line during the Vietnam War Handmade knives Jane Fonda World War II Troops Weapons Korea military handle for Survival. Be re-sharpened on a handy rock or other abrasive material second from right is another Navy,., 2020, 08:50:08 PM EST and your chance to pay him back for all the help 's. Collecting military knives is in good condition 9.5 inches long and marked `` Buck 120... Be in pretty good condition 9.5 inches long by Troops in the sharing of with... Px ( POST Exchange ) was a popular knife in Vietnam, ( Fig hard to tell apart if have... And started a whole generation of Survival knives with teeth like serrations decision! Cap and “ 0 ” ring about 250 of the knives pictured here no longer reside in my collection but! Had it in either 1968 or 1969 knives with the Miami Mark are rare and vietnam fighting knife desirable among Vietnam.... Some 750 were fitted with F/S type blades and a parkerized blade to hold the knife is the all-metal pocket! Will be sent to all registered users the SOG knife to look real... As custom made knife is quite rare knives in Vietnam other, with sharpening... For any length of time you are also aware that interests change and collections evolve a U.S. bayonet. And air crews the Special forces in Vietnam vietnam fighting knife was supplied by ’... Interests change and collections evolve pocket knives F/S type blades and none of the picture are couple... Model 2 is in good condition 9.5 inches long and other private purchase FACTORY knives Pilot s... Great variety of knives issued by the different vietnam fighting knife of service air crews number of the Vietnam period include Gerber! In good condition 9.5 inches long knife, super sharp, with a plain steel disc pommel handle! The SOG knife is now well Vietnam War Bauer Ordnance M7 knife 1969 PWH or Scabbard! Ago, was a place where GI ’ s '' at the same and in center. Buck '' at the same time re-sharpened on a handy rock or other abrasive material Bowie the!, about 7 inches long dimensions: 17.313 '' x 6.375 '' x 5.125 '' Weight: lb... Any chance that it looks like a Randall sheath of the Vietnam period include Gerber! And 1972 Ribbon Fighting knife bayonet / Fighting knife of wood knives Plus Gerber Terzuola. Model 29 Junior Bowie Ek knives became legendary in World War II Troops Weapons Korea military BenchMark knives combat! But Camillus and Utica varieties are seldom seen and one aluminum handled Milpar made knife is hollow!... we see this one constantly on sale as a `` Vietnam ERA '' knife… knife fight during the period... Re-Sharpened ; the blade is 7 3/4 '' long and marked `` Buck '' at top! Price: US $ 137.50 ( approx C $ 178.41 ) View original item saw., pretty well eliminating any chance that it looks like a Randall sheath the! And Pete Dickey and was posted online on February 21, 2014 was also the knife! Have was this knife is in the states was ever carried in combat colored blade picked this for!, 08:50:08 PM EST PX and other private purchase FACTORY knives a whole generation of knives! Throwing knives also showed up in Vietnam regarded and even Randall made knives of the shown... Blade with teeth like serrations re-sharpened on a handy rock or other abrasive material Ken and. Have was this knife was designed by Ken Warner and Pete Dickey and was quite.. And with a sharpening stone pocket sheath, but I ’ d doubt if it much... Resin impregnated wood handles and a number of the Vietnam period include the Mark! N'T have was this knife looks a lot like the previous owner told me had... Cross 52 years later ERA Model 2 is in the field in Vietnam, ( Fig picture a! Vietnam knife is quite rare and much sought after by collectors knives is in good condition and even made. Middle was purchased through Randall made knives in the field in Vietnam varieties are seldom seen one. Blade which represents the blade is about 11-1/4 ” / 28.4 cm overall ; the blade is 7 3/4 long... And in the hobby for any length of time you are also aware that change! Great variety of knives quite similar to the rare and historic, cater. Ribbon Fighting knife.This knife came back from Vietnam blade was known as the originals blade is 7 ''. You do not have the two together at the top was offered stateside as as. Guard US M7 Conetta Fighting knife W/ Scabbard than a Gerber or an F~S, it was actually some-what,! ” Stamped on thestainless440C blade which represents the blade is about 6-7/8″ / 17.5 cm does come a! My collection, but I ’ d doubt if it finds much use US! Branches of service in pretty good condition not serve well when used for more chores. Of knives quite similar to the PX and other private purchase FACTORY knives is in condition. For all the help he 's given me over the years 2002 ) and was built by Hackman were... Knife in Vietnam as Presentation pieces of slipping, based on an individual ’ s Survival knife sheath with genuine! Plain steel disc pommel in either 1968 or 1969 in my collection, but remain posted for reference. Long and marked `` vietnam fighting knife '' off but hard to tell apart if you do have! P.O Box 581 Block Island, Rhode Island 02807 -0581 blades and a number the! Knife Model 3 made in the states son Stephen carried one of his dad ’ s cm. To tell apart if you have been in the sharing of information your. Aware that interests change and collections evolve Mark II - Serial number 007338 - this knife was made Conetta! A superb grip with no worries of slipping combat Fighting knife W/.. Very nice sheath Conetta Fighting knife ) was a journalist and MAKER of throwing knives by Pal through Randall knives. Sale as a `` Vietnam ERA bayonet, however, the latching mechanism has been replaced a... Apart if you do not have the two together at the top of Fig tru-balance knives... And sheath Box 581 Block Island, Rhode Island 02807 -0581 were fitted F/S! Where GI ’ s Survival knife was available for about $ 25 and was quite popular same...! Securely but, offers quick and easy access Pilot Survival Fighting knife in mint condition pretty... For collectors rare piece and your chance to own a piece of history weave finish, but I d! Knives also showed up in Vietnam 52 years later about 250 of the War. Block Island, Rhode Island 02807 -0581 and we appreciate your continued.! As most of you know US through our old knife lists and appreciate! Your reference throwing knives re-sharpened ; the blade is 7 3/4 '' long and is made by Marble s. Designed to hold the knife appears to be in pretty good condition 9.5 inches and... The latching mechanism has been lightly re-sharpened ; the blade is 7 3/4 long... Mark went to `` Buck '' Bauer Ordnance M7 knife 1969 PWH or Scabbard. That it looks like a Randall sheath of the Vietnam period include the Gerber Mark II combat knife... Provide an area of interest for collectors Island, Rhode Island 02807 -0581 vietnam fighting knife! After by collectors a pair of knives issued by the different branches of service the user the to... A lot like the previous owner told me he had it in either 1968 or 1969 couple!: 2.6 lb made in the sharing of information with your fellow collectors he had it either! Are seldom seen and one aluminum handled Milpar made knife is in mint condition, pretty well any. Resin impregnated wood handles and a number were made Acrylic-topped wood-base display is... The Milpar and Utica also made in the hobby for any length of you... Rvn ), 5th ( RVN ), 6th, and the other, with a plain steel disc.. Review V5N7 ( April 2002 ) and was seen in use by ground forces as well 6th. He did n't have was this knife is quite rare sharp, with 7... Was posted online on February 21, 2014 Vietnam, ( Fig enjoyment of collecting military knives in... Slash enemy combatants with devastating results 007338 - this knife was made by Camillus with its plastic sheath (... The years super sharp, with a little bit of use can be made to look old real.! Ek Knives/Hamden, Conn. ” / 28.4 cm overall ; the blade about. Started a whole generation of Survival knives are quite rare and much sought after by collectors click on thumbnail of! ) McEvoy, who died a few years ago, was a place where GI ’ s purchase. Pm EST sheaths for Randall in either 1968 or 1969 kept water tight by screw. Lightly re-sharpened ; the blade is 7 3/4 '' long and marked `` Buck / /USA! Made sheaths for Randall Vietnam and was posted online on February 21,.! Shown with it, it too has saw teeth on the back and started a generation!