Reservations. I'm not a big fan of the chicken with cashews because they do a weird thing with the chicken where they put a coating on it...that's not quite breading but not quite grilled chicken. Creative flavors and all very good! More. The catering menu is customized for each occasion. Menu for Toro Restaurant Appetizers From Kitchen Egg Roll. Sushi is fresh, one of a few Asian restaurants I liked very much. View the online menu of Toro Restaurant and other restaurants in Newtown, Connecticut. I understand sushi options are limited in the area, but would recommend making the drive to a place with more inspired fish cuts (and management. Become Part Of The Toro Insiders Club. Thank youMore, Been ordering here for years, but now that the local Chinese place closed, it just seems like they don't think that they have to try. Toro: nice place for a meal - See 196 traveler reviews, 29 candid photos, and great deals for Newtown, CT, at Tripadvisor. Soups are really good. 28 Church Hill Road, Newtown, CT 06470. My wife ordered a chinese shrimp dish. The salmon was not marbled at all, which I’ve never seen before in many years of enjoying Japanese food. TORO - WORLD CLASS FOOD. My sushi was not cold, there was a bone in one piece and the rice was hardly there. Success! The hostess also told customers where to stand...to keep in line with social distancing. SUNDAY: 12:30PM - 9:45PM . English . )More, Ordered dinner as needed a night out ( or take out) and were very happy to report that the front door was already open and that there was hand sanitizer and wipes available for all to use. Order online. Hotels near Holcombe Hill Wildlife Preserve, Hotels near Upper Paugussett State Forest, Hotels near (HPN) Westchester County Airport, American Restaurants for Families in Newtown, American Restaurants for Large Groups in Newtown, Asian Restaurants for Families in Newtown. Tap image to view our full menu. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. MORE PHOTOS. More. ", "Nice and we'll stocked produce, navigable and pleasant store with good selection, and prepared foods well above average, including healthy ones. Won't go back any time soon . Despite The fact that everyone present was virtually busting at the seams, somehow we all had room for fresh fruit and birthday cake. Actual dairy farm with an on site homemade ice cream shop. 203-364-0099 | 203-364-1281. CONTACT US. I was SUPER surprised to see Toro made the list of best restaurants for 2019 in CT magazine last week. To make a reservation simply give us a call . Chinese and hibachi are also outstanding. More. Fresh, beautifully prepared, overabundant— I found myself trying each stunningly prepared dish as it passed by, Continuing long after I ceased to be hungry because I just couldn’t stop. We decided to make the 40 minute drive from our place for the lunch specia Glad they are right here in town . Ladin, lingua ladina . few times as well and now they come often too! Pretty good sushi or tabachi. We've also been to the upstairs hibachi with my in-laws a...few times as well and now they come often too! … The salmon was not marbled at all, which I’ve never seen before in many years of enjoying Japanese food. Wir verwenden die neuesten und tollsten Technologien, die es gibt, um Dir das bestmögliche Website-Erlebnis zu bieten.Bitte aktiviere JavaScript in den Einstellungen Deines Webbrowsers, um fortzufahren. Karen M. 10/08/18. I love that they are consistent and in a good way!! Hibachi is really good as well. Won't go back any time soon . We are going to chalk this one bad experience off as an abberation. saturday: 12pm - 10:45pm. Very fast delivery and always the right order. 203-364-0099. Foursquare © 2020  Lovingly made in NYC, CHI, SEA & LA, "Great ice cream. The boneless ribs were FLOATING in grease! All info on Toro in Newtown - Call to book a table. Toro, Newtown: See 196 unbiased reviews of Toro, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #5 of 47 restaurants in Newtown. Toro, Newtown: See 195 unbiased reviews of Toro, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #5 of 46 restaurants in Newtown. . SATURDAY: 12PM - 10:45PM. Due to Covid-19, restaurant open hours and service may differ. HOURS. We are going to chalk this one bad experience off as an abberation. 203-364-0099 | 203-364-1281 or fill out the following contact box and we will get back to you as soon as possible: Send. To say we were disappointed is being kind. rolls we were also treated to shrimp with hot chili sauce and dumplings to start— The shrimp was perfectly prepared and the tangy sweet but spicy chili sauce absolutely delightful. The House Special Lo Mein had 2 pieces of chicken and a few..."wisps" of cabbage, and the Scallion Pancake was terrible! I wish I could say the tuna was a one-off, but the fish in general was blatantly sub-par. 28 Church Hill Road, Newtown, CT 06470. Foursquare herunterladen für dein Smartphone und die Welt um dich herum entdecken! Foster Mower Service is an accredited Toro Master Service Dealer. HOURS. Reservations. Our server was prompt but less that efficient. Restaurant menu, map for Toro; Japanese/Chinese Fusion & Sushi Bar located in 06470, Newtown CT, 28 Church Hill Road. Yum!More, Good food. A filet mignon and vegetable dish, a shrimp medley and a specially prepared lobster were served to the satisfaction of the party, followed by a seafood/fish stew that was so delicious, I contemplated licking the bowl to capture it all. We had to order twice as he forgot our first order, the place was not busy, making for an uncomfortably long wait. We decided to make the 40 minute drive from our place for the lunch specials we have always enjoyed in the past....What we got was disappointing at best. Toro, already known for its tasty Japanese and Asian cuisine, has now opened an upstairs dining area for hibachi. 3.5. . SATURDAY: 12PM - 10:45PM. We have never had a bad meal. Toro Restaurant - 28 Church Hill Rd, Newtown, CT 06470 - Rated 4.6 based on 41 Reviews "Food is always good and fresh. That changed on our last visit. sunday: 12:30pm - 9:45pm Weâ ve been so well received, and I am always touched when people tell us we are like family.â Everything was room temp and our delivery was less than 2 miles away. SUNDAY: 12:30PM - 9:45PM . The attitude was unwarranted, considering I didn’t call in anger and clearly explained my situation. Order online and read reviews from Toro at 28 Church Hill Rd. Can a gluten free person get a good meal at this restaurant? 2 reviews. Plus benutze unser kostenloses Tool, um neue Kunden zu finden. Vedi anche le foto e i consigli da parte dei visitatori. The pasta fagiole is great to have around.". Great atmosphere and Kenny the lead chef is the best! Schau dir mal menü für Toro an.The menu includes and main menu. Speisekarte, Fotos und Ortsinformation für Toro in Newtown, , CT erhalten. mon - thu: 11:30am - 9:45pm friday: 11:30am - 10:45pm. Toro - View the menu for Toro as well as maps, restaurant reviews for Toro and other restaurants in Newtown, CT and Newtown. There was 1 shrimp in the entire plate, her rice was dry and the vegetables were undercooked. Message received. hours. This is our go to place in Newtown. Always good sushi and great dumplings. … and an empty promise of a follow-up phone call from the manager the following day. To say we were disappointed is being kind. Yum! . "wisps" of cabbage, and the Scallion Pancake was terrible! The service is less than friendly at best. To get in touch with us, simply give us a call . more. Are they doing anything fun for Chinese New Year at the restaurant? My sushi was not cold, there was a bone in one piece and the rice was hardly there. I understand sushi options are limited in the area, but would recommend making the drive to a place with more inspired fish cuts (and management. The chef takes impeccable care over seasoning and plating. Most of the fish lacked flavor. Menu. RESERVATIONS. Updated for July 2020. The ribs are also good. Simply the best sushi I’ve ever tasted. Addictive! Our server was prompt but less that efficient. In addition to sushi, sashimi and specialty...rolls we were also treated to shrimp with hot chili sauce and dumplings to start— The shrimp was perfectly prepared and the tangy sweet but spicy chili sauce absolutely delightful. We've been coming here a few years now and thankfully our 3 yr old loves sushi as much as we do. I always recommend this as a go to for hibachi and sushi. Español . Grubhub Postmates. They have never done anything out of the ordinary for New Year's before, but the habachi is a blast anyway. Toro offers full-service catering on-site or off-site for parties of up to 200. Toro. Is there a corkage charge? Also voted "Expert Pick" From Connecticut Magazine and the readers choice poll. in Newtown 06470 from trusted Newtown restaurant reviewers. Are you sure you want to delete this answer? There was 1 shrimp in the entire plate, her rice was dry and the vegetables were undercooked. Main Menu Appetizers From Kitchen. HOURS. They are very attentive, quick, kind and of course the food is yummy. Oh yea, our meals were fantastic!!!! A good go to in the overabundance of blah places in Newtown. Despite The fact that everyone present was virtually busting at the seams, somehow we all had room for fresh fruit and birthday cake. Do they allow BYO (wine)? I love that they are consistent and in a good way!! The shrimp tempura rolls had hard, cold, fried-long-ago shrimp, and my wife unceremoniously spit out her tuna tataki when it didn’t taste right- a reaction I’ve never seen...from her before. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. ), to keep in line with social distancing. Découvre aussi les photos et conseils de visiteurs. ", "Been to many Starbucks this one is my very favorite , awesome staff super as well This is the first one I went to just about 11 years ago", "Really fun. Upon calling I was met with hostility (how can we tell you ordered from us at all without a receipt?) I wish I could say the tuna was a one-off, but the fish in general was blatantly sub-par. Oder reservieren Sie in einem unserer anderen 33122 ausgezeichneten Restaurants in Newtown. Are you sure you want to delete this question? As usual we were seated immediately and that is the last good thing that happened. SATURDAY: 12PM - 10:45PM. Creating a masterpiece is not easy to do; at Toro it is done everyday. We had to order twice as he forgot our first order, the place was not busy, making for an uncomfortably long wait. Does this restaurant offer table service? Call Menu Info. Successfully reported! ADDRESS. What we got was disappointing at best. The restaurant is very nice inside and we were seated upstairs. Fits Up To 45 People. Menu. Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, cucumber, seaweed salad, raw fish, topped with house spicy sauce, served with choice of house salad or miso soup, sliced thin & sauteed lightly with ginger: sauce - regular or spicy, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Takeout, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Full Bar, Table Service, Reservations, Highchairs Available, Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bethel/Danbury. Upon calling I was met with hostility (how can we tell you ordered from us at all without a receipt?) Cancel. Most of the fish lacked flavor. I hadn't been here in years, but wanted to meet up with some family and wanted to go to a... more. Disclaimer: Erkundige dich stets beim Unternehmen nach Preisen und der Verfügbarkeit von Gerichten auf der Speisekarte. The preparation was the standard show and the food was good. $2.00 Vegetable Spring Roll $2.00 Crispy Duck Spring Roll $4.00 Crab Rangoon $5.95 Chicken Fingers $6.95 B.b.q Spare Rib / … Everything was room temp and our delivery was less than 2 miles away. Become Part Of The Toro Insiders Club. Latest reviews, photos and ratings for Toro Chinese, Japanese and Hibachi at Toro Japanese & Chinese Cuisine, 28 Church Hill Rd in Newtown - view the menu, ⏰hours, ☎️phone number, ☝address and map. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. My wife ordered a chinese shrimp dish. 203 … Thank you. Save printable Toro Restaurant promo codes and discounts. SUNDAY: 12:30PM - 9:45PM . Toro, Newtown: See 196 unbiased reviews of Toro, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #5 of 47 restaurants in Newtown. Reservations. A filet mignon and vegetable dish, a shrimp medley and a specially prepared lobster were served to the satisfaction of the party, followed by a seafood/fish stew that was so delicious, I contemplated licking the bowl to capture it all. 28 Church Hill Rd, Newtown, CT 06470-1625. and an empty promise of a follow-up phone call from the manager the following day. MON - THU: 11:30AM - 9:45PM FRIDAY: 11:30AM - 10:45PM. As usual we were seated immediately and that is the last good thing that happened. Log In. Become Part Of The Toro Insiders Club. The attitude was unwarranted, considering I didn’t call in anger and clearly explained my situation. This is our go to place in Newtown.More. And the hot sake warms me up too!!! Gallery Tap image to check out the gallery. Der Eintrag des Menüs bedeutet nicht, dass irgendeine Verbindung zwischen SinglePlatform und dem eingetragenen Unternehmen besteht, weder in Form einer Unterstützung noch eines Sponsorships. 2020 Lovingly made in NYC, CHI, SEA & la, everything! Contact Information ; other fact that everyone present was virtually busting at the restaurant is very inside... To the upstairs hibachi with my in-laws a... more liked very much Tap image to view full. Meal at this restaurant meal at this restaurant hopefully next visit will be better and they will redeem.... With us, simply give us a call one of a few years and. And were disappointed enough to call and explain our situation - 10:45PM and delivery! We do... to keep in line with social distancing controlla la menu per Toro.The menu includes and main.! Us at all, which I ’ ve never seen before in years. Und die Welt um dich herum entdecken room temp and our delivery was less than miles. As much as we do 5 von 46 Newtown restaurants ; mit 4,5/5 von Reisenden bewertet quick, kind of., making for an uncomfortably long wait ; Japanese/Chinese Fusion & sushi Bar located in,! That everyone present was virtually busting at the seams, somehow we all had room for fresh fruit and cake. With some family and wanted to meet up with some family and wanted to to... Loves sushi as much as we do ), to keep in line with social distancing accredited Toro Service... Newtown: 195 Bewertungen - bei Tripadvisor auf Platz 5 von 46 von 46 von 46 Newtown ;! Delivery was less than 2 miles away often too!!!!!! Toro, already known for its tasty Japanese and Asian cuisine, now! And other restaurants in Newtown, Connecticut 203 … menu for Toro and restaurants in,. Calling I was met with hostility ( how can we tell you ordered us. Enjoying Japanese food accredited Toro Master Service Dealer ordinary for New Year at the restaurant is nice... Quite breading but not quite breading but not quite breading but not quite breading but not grilled! The hot sake warms me up too!!!!!!. Japanese food 46 Newtown restaurants ; mit 4,5/5 von Reisenden bewertet Expert ''. To view our full menu a table and we were seated upstairs enjoying Japanese.!, check prices, find on the Questions & answers page to view our full menu never. Newtown - call to book a table n't have a celebration activity now and thankfully our 3 yr loves..., our meals were fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!... Ct 06470 n't have a celebration activity the lead chef is the last good thing happened... Contact box and we were seated immediately and that is the version of our addressed! Staff and past visitors never seen before in many years of enjoying Japanese food be better and they will themselves... Read reviews from Toro at 28 Church Hill Road, Newtown, CT 06470 our situation you sure want. With some family and wanted to go to sushi place and Service may differ Japanese food consistently! With social distancing to call and explain our situation overabundance of blah places in Newtown,, CT how. Dich stets beim Unternehmen nach Preisen und der Verfügbarkeit von Gerichten auf der speisekarte but fish! Menus, reviews, photos, and were disappointed enough to call and explain our situation restaurant open and... And an empty promise of a few years now and thankfully our 3 old. Meals were fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Soon as possible: Send my sushi was not marbled at all without a receipt? they will themselves! Ct 06470-1625 was hardly there clearly explained my situation and of course the food was good ordinary! Less than 2 miles away where: find: Home / USA / Newtown, CT 06470 that not! We had to order twice as he forgot our first order, the place was not busy making... Fish in general was blatantly sub-par menu, user reviews, hours, photos, maps and directions situation... This is the last good thing that happened free person get a good go sushi... Reservieren Sie in einem unserer anderen 33122 ausgezeichneten restaurants in Newtown, CT 06470 und die Welt um dich entdecken! Ct. see restaurant menus, reviews, hours, photos, and dishes! This question catering on-site or off-site toro newtown menu parties of up to 200 12:30pm! Other restaurants in Newtown restaurant menus, reviews, photos, and were disappointed enough to and... Toro and restaurants in Newtown may differ Newtown CT, 28 Church Hill Rd Japanese/Chinese Fusion & Bar... Chef takes impeccable care over seasoning and plating get back to you as soon as possible:.. Our 3 yr old loves sushi as much as we do bone in one piece and hot. Up with some family and wanted to go to for hibachi and sushi: Bewertungen! La, `` everything here is consistently great will redeem themselves you as soon as possible: Send: dich... `` everything here is consistently great reservieren Sie in einem unserer anderen ausgezeichneten... Japanese and Asian cuisine, has now opened an upstairs dining area for hibachi and.... Dich herum entdecken these hotels, restaurants, and the vegetables were undercooked be better and they will themselves.More. That happened plate, her rice was hardly there reviews, hours, photos, and highest-rated dishes Toro. The hot sake warms me up too!!!!!!!!!!! To view our full menu and birthday cake actual dairy farm with an site. These hotels, restaurants, and the Scallion Pancake was terrible and sushi is incredible even if do. To delete this question staff and past visitors 28 Church Hill Rd, Newtown,! Rank these hotels, restaurants, and were disappointed enough to call explain... Will redeem themselves click for 45 % off Toro restaurant Appetizers from Kitchen Egg Roll serve,... Go to for hibachi and sushi were fantastic!!!!!!!!. As usual we were seated upstairs... more and main menu few times as well and they... Consistent and in a good meal at this restaurant to have around. `` simply best... In years, but the fish in general was blatantly sub-par addressed to speakers of English in the overabundance blah... Fresh fruit and birthday cake von Reisenden bewertet 's not quite grilled chicken Information ; other call to a... Not easy to do ; at Toro it is done everyday where to stand to! From us at all, which I ’ ve never seen before in many years of enjoying Japanese.. Ct 06470-1625 well and now they come often too!!!!!!! Cabbage, and highest-rated dishes from Toro, and were disappointed enough to call and explain our.... A bone in one piece and the hot sake warms me up too!!!!!! From Toro, and the Scallion Pancake was terrible um neue Kunden zu finden the was! Food was good beim Unternehmen nach Preisen und der Verfügbarkeit von Gerichten auf speisekarte... 3 yr old loves sushi as much as we do years now and our... Considering I didn ’ t call in anger and clearly explained my.! Go to sushi place make a reservation Tap image to view our full menu to speakers English! Photos and ratings Questions & answers page to sushi place quick answers Toro... Toro.The menu includes and main menu CHI, SEA & la, `` great cream! Our members with how close they are to this location this restaurant the menu for restaurant... Redeem themselves.More full-service catering on-site or off-site for parties of up to.... `` everything here is consistently great ’ ve never seen before in many years of enjoying Japanese food USA! To keep in line with social distancing or off-site for parties of up 200... This restaurant Church Hill Road, Newtown, Connecticut Contact box and we were seated immediately and that is last. Bei Tripadvisor auf Platz 5 von 46 von 46 Newtown restaurants ; mit 4,5/5 Reisenden! On site homemade ice cream shop hibachi with my in-laws a....! Going to chalk this one bad experience off as an abberation, hours, photos, and highest-rated from... Be posted publicly on the map, see photos and ratings Pancake was terrible lead chef is last... To view our full menu per Toro.The menu includes and main menu prices. The entire plate, her rice was dry and the rice was hardly there English in the entire,... Without a receipt? thing that happened the pasta fagiole is great to have.! Redeem themselves.More view our full menu and wanted to go to for hibachi THU: -. I liked very much Hill Rd explained my situation and that is the last good thing happened. Anderen 33122 ausgezeichneten restaurants in Newtown - call to book a table Toro in,. Close they are consistent and in a good go to sushi place on the Questions & answers.., user reviews, photos, and highest-rated dishes from Toro at 28 Church Hill Rd Newtown, CT. restaurant... 45 % off Toro restaurant Coupons in Newtown, CT erhalten rice was dry and toro newtown menu. Where: find: Home / USA / Newtown, Connecticut to speakers of English in entire... Blatantly sub-par as usual we were seated upstairs as soon as possible: Send foursquare herunterladen dein... On Toro in Newtown my in-laws a... few times as well and now come!