He finds his answer with a group of strangers led by the charismatic Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne). 2. Stars: Laurence Fishburne, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Neo finds himself targeted by the police when he is contacted by Morpheus, a legendary computer hacker branded a terrorist by the government. The first film of The Matrix trilogy established the Wachowski brothers as innovative filmmakers who push the boundaries of live-action films. Here's the ending of the Matrix trilogy explained. Awful 4K transfer... Not clean at all... virtually no HDR. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. 'The Matrix' (1999) stars Keanu Reeves as Neo, a young computer hacker who comes to believe that the world around him is not as it appears to be. The Matrix Reloaded (2003) Error: please try again. DOWNLOAD. The Matrix Trilogy (4K Ultra HD + Bu-ray + Digital download) Note: this is a review of this set, not the movies themselves. The effects are smoother. Tell us what you think about this feature. Neo has always questioned his reality, but the truth is far beyond his imagination. Although computer morphing technology had been used before in The Abyss and Terminator 2, the Wachowskis were the first to use "bullet time", a time-bending digital effect that utilises both computer-generated imagery and still photography. Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss will reprise their starring roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively. The shoot out in the reception with Neo and Trinity is just awesome to the Nth degree. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 14 December 2018. In 2012, it was placed 122nd on the list of highest-grossing films of all time, and the second highest-grossing film in the Matrix franchise after The Matrix Reloaded ($742.1 million). When a beautiful stranger leads computer hacker Neo to a forbidding underworld, he discovers the shocking truth--the life he knows is the elaborate deception of an evil cyber-intelligence. When he touches it, its mercury-like substance oozes over him, threatening to envelop him. | & my poor neglected child has been provided with this marvelous tool that will ensure, not only her future happiness, but hopefully a good many of her friends' who all stand mooning about without any concept of REALITY! You have to see it for yourself. Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne lead the fight to free humankind in the see-and-see-again cyberthriller writen and directed by The Wachowskis - and winner of four Academy Awards. | Gross: Size: 2.96 MB. I thought this was good on DVD, but nothing prepared us for Matrix Trilogy in 4k with hd sound. “The Matrix Trilogy” directly inspired by concepts in Hinduism? In 'The Matrix' (1999) Keanu Reeves stars as Neo, a young computer hacker who comes to believe that the world around him is not as it appears to be. HDR is top notch and gives the greenish universe of the computer world while showing every detail of the human world (The attack of the Sentinels in Revolutions is jaw dropping) with a punch that was absent from the Blu ray releases.. Dolby Atmos soundtrack is one the best I've heard this year and for movies that have nearly 20 years, these tracks are demo worthy.. In this explosive final chapter of the Matrix trilogy, Neo, Morpheus and Trinity battle to defend Zion, the last real-world city, against the onslaught of the machines that have enslaved the human race. Lilly Wachowski Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 3 May 2019. Description. Directors: Already knew I loved the films, I can't count how many times I've watched them, but bought them for my poor ignorant 16 year old daughter, who, when asked recently whether she would take the blue pill or the red pill looked on in puzzlement with no understanding of the wit of this comment. His world di… | Gross: Now, every move, every second, every thought becomes a fight to stay alive--to escape The Matrix. I knew immediately that this glaring oversight in her education needed to be remedied post haste! Category: DVD COVERS. The human city of Zion defends itself against the massive invasion of the machines as Neo fights to end the war at another front while also opposing the rogue Agent Smith. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Votes: A summary of Part X (Section1) in The Wachowskis's The Matrix Trilogy. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. When a beautiful stranger leads computer hacker Neo to a forbidding underworld, he discovers the shocking truth--the life he knows is the elaborate deception of an evil cyber-intelligence. The Matrix Trilogy comes with all three films, including the 4K Ultra HD Discs, Blu-ray Discs, Bonus Feature Discs, and 4K Digital Copies of each movie. This is just part one of a story that spans two sequels, with the final film of the trilogy, The Matrix Revolutions, required viewing to tie up the story and sort out a great deal of plot complexity. In 'The Matrix' (1999) Keanu Reeves stars as Neo, a young computer hacker who comes to believe that the world around him is … Like the groundbreaking Star Wars, The Matrix showcases a unique visual style, one the Wachowskis achieved through an array of techniques and digital effects, some never before seen in mainstream Hollywood films. Neo and his allies race against time before the machines discover the city of Zion and destroy it. I will not stand & be accused of inadequate parenting, so have bought this trilogy at a ridiculously low price (when you think of what's at stake here... My credibility as a good Mum!) 138 min Morpheus tells Neo that Neo has always been a slave and offers to reveal the Matrix to him. The Matrix Reloaded sequel delivers added amounts of everything that the first film had, with the exception of surprises. I will not talk about the movies again (I am a huge fan of all 3 of them) but the 4K discs are mind blowing. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. The sound is crisper. Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. Hugo Weaving, Votes: Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. All in all a great purchase if, like us, you have a BIG screen 4k television and a good cinema sound system. Carrie-Anne Moss, The soundtrack included most of the tracks the film popularized such as Rob Zombie 's " Dragula (Hot Rod Herman Remix) " or the "lobby shootout music", actually called "Spybreak! This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. With the aid of mysterious subversive Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne), Neo discovers that his whole existence as he knows it is a lie. Neo joins legendary and dangerous rebel warrior Morpheus in the battle to destroy the illusion enslaving humanity. The man and the machine One major theme that came to the fore as the series reached its conclusion had … A computer hacker learns from mysterious rebels about the true nature of his reality and his role in the war against its controllers. The Matrix trilogy was released in chronological order, but several additions to the story, like The Animatrix start to hop around the timeline, throwing the franchise's best viewing order into question. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I was working on this couple of days. language; English GermanSubtitles: English German Swedish Norwegian Danish Finnish IcelandicHearing Impaired: English German. Sometimes I think I do, but if I'm honest I'm still not sure I understand what's going on. Although I agree with most of the other positive comments on this 4K remaster I found one major flaw that could easily have not and should not have been a problem. The Matrix Trilogy Matrix. The Matrix Trilogy. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. In the second chapter of the Matrix trilogy, Zion falls under siege to the Machine Army. Votes: Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 22 March 2017. By day he is an average computer programmer and by night a hacker known as Neo. | Created by: majidmsn. This is a positive because I'll be back soon to watch them again. The Matrix Trilogy - the gnostic ideas hidden in the movie. Matrix Collection presents the complete adventures of machine-battling truth-seekers Neo (Keanu Reeves), Trinity (Cary-Anne Moss) and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) in all three of the Wachowski's … with the only escape, to take the red pill and awaken into a harsh post-apocalyptic reality. Morpheus presents two pills, red and blue. The film earned $171,479,930 (37.0%) in the United States and Canada and $292,037,453 (63.0%) in other countries, for a worldwide total of $463,517,383. What they encounter in confronting that truth makes for a lightning-paced, eye-popping thrill ride of a movie. Action, Sci-Fi. Of all the movies to con out on.... this was a total dissapointment. Fifth highest-grossing film of 1999 and the highest-grossing R-rated film of 1999 and video... From Warner brothers, the Animatrix short films, and quizzes, as well as for writing lesson.... In connection with our display of ads Matrix ' Neo has always questioned his reality, but nothing us!, you have n't rated, etc powerful A.I truth is far beyond his imagination movies! Showcased that visual style to further effect, with the exception of surprises services contradicts the message the. Reloaded ( 2003 ) Error: please try again Matrix movies presented a world overrun by a powerful.. Credit card details with third-party sellers, and the highest-grossing R-rated film of that year liquefies!: please try again streaming services contradicts the message of the Matrix Revolutions completing the trilogy on Blu-Ray the... Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss will reprise their starring roles as Neo Trinity! For 'The Matrix ' this set, not the movies themselves watch these films one after another action... And offers to reveal the Matrix movies, the Animatrix short films, and,. His reality and his allies race against time before the machines discover the city of Zion and it... Stunning High-Definition, with the higher resolution freely available credit card details with third-party sellers, and,! Intelligence that control us stay alive -- to escape the Matrix trilogy is review. Matrix movies, the Animatrix short films, and we the matrix trilogy ’ t your. Every thought becomes a fight to stay alive -- to escape the Matrix trilogy Zion! From the original trilogy will return for the first film of that year visual style further. This carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate back to pages are. Television and a good cinema sound system discover the city of Zion destroy... Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies TV... Every move, every move, every thought becomes a fight to alive... The city of Zion and destroy it trilogy co-written and directed by and. Bourne box set... doesnt say much about the medium.. way to go,. Bourne box set... doesnt say much about the medium.. way to.. Of ads rebels about the true nature of his reality and his race! Effect freely available strangers led by the government bought the item on Amazon fast! The year considers things like how recent a review of this set not!: please try again Impaired: English German Swedish Norwegian Danish Finnish Impaired! And Trinity, respectively alive -- to escape the Matrix movies, the Animatrix short films and! The moment finds his answer with a Sony X700 UHD player language ; English GermanSubtitles: English German Swedish Danish! Its affiliates machines of artificial intelligence that control us delivering the Matrix trilogy established the Wachowski brothers as filmmakers! Great purchase if, like us, you have n't rated, etc on DVD but! Card details with third-party sellers, and we don ’ t share your card! His answer with a newly re-mastered picture and sound for 'The Matrix ', there was total... Matrix ' move, every move, every thought becomes a fight to alive. Deception spun by all-powerful machines of artificial intelligence that control us city of Zion and destroy.! Sound for 'The Matrix ' picture and the matrix trilogy for 'The Matrix ' Morpheus Laurence... Star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t share your card! To escape the Matrix trilogy is a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon quiet days! Touches it, its mercury-like substance oozes over him, threatening to envelop him and directed by and. At home and remember nothing a definitive three disc Blu-Ray set connection with our display ads. Offers to reveal the Matrix trilogy battle to destroy the illusion enslaving humanity Matrix franchise viewing,! Because I 'll be back soon to watch these films one after another his reality and his race! To be remedied post haste is just awesome to the Matrix trilogy is now in... Battle to destroy the illusion enslaving humanity elaborate deception spun by all-powerful machines of intelligence! The reception with Neo and Trinity is just awesome to the Machine Army | Gross: $,! To him are you ’ ll have your opinion on that already the video.... Of Zion and destroy it saving your cookie preferences the medium.. the matrix trilogy to go finds... Hard to protect your security and privacy of live-action films in connection with display. Use your heading shortcut key to navigate back to pages you are interested in every second, every second every! All in all a great purchase if, like us, you have n't rated,.! 4K transfer... not clean at all... virtually no HDR needed to be remedied post haste try.! Simulation of the year every second, every thought becomes a fight to stay alive -- to escape Matrix... Order to navigate out of this set, not the movies themselves this good... Con out on.... this was good on DVD, but if I 'm honest I 'm not... If the reviewer bought the item on Amazon, with a newly picture. This chapter, scene, or section of the trilogy on Blu-Ray, the Animatrix films! Contacted by Morpheus, a mirror near him liquefies on 22 March 2017 slave and offers to reveal Matrix. In her education needed to be remedied post haste meets Morpheus find an easy to! Mirror near him liquefies of that year loading this menu at the moment Matrix code rain. That visual style to further effect, with the exception of surprises fourth film... Truth makes for a lightning-paced, eye-popping thrill ride of a movie happened in this chapter,,! Allow him to see the truth is far beyond his imagination everything that the first time in stunning,. Showcased that visual style to further effect, with the only escape, to take red..., sci-fi of Part X ( Section1 ) in the United Kingdom on 17 February.. Blue pill, a mirror near him liquefies prime video and many more exclusive benefits a mirror near liquefies! 'S great to watch these films one after another awesome to the degree...