2 lbs broccoli; ¼ cup vegetable or olive oil; 1¼ cups chopped onion; ½ cup chopped celery; 1¼ cups chopped leeks (white and light green parts) ¼ cup all-purpose flour; 6 cups chicken broth; ½ cup heavy cream, heated; Fresh lemon juice to taste; Salt to taste; Freshly ground black pepper to taste Your email address will not be published. A pot luck or holiday dinner wouldn’t be complete without it. Dec 3, 2017 - Original Recipe, Old fashioned broccoli Cheez Whiz Rice casserole. This classic is so satisfying and ready in minutes! Bring stock to a boil, and add broccoli and mushrooms. It's speckled with soft, mellow broccoli florets for added flavor and depth, giving this classic soup both it's name and beloved taste. I would appreciate the chance to troubleshoot any issues you might have had before you leave the rating! October 24, 2011 at 8:35 pm Anonymous, Welcome to you! Must Love Home is a food blog where you’ll find easy, family recipes with lots of flavor that even the beginner home cook can make. Puree soup and return to heat. Instructions. Made from scratch and flavored with yellow onions sautéed in butter, this easy potato soup recipe only takes 30 minutes start to finish. Zuppa Toscana Italian Tuscan sausage soup. October 24, 2011 at 3:43 pm YUM! In a measuring cup, add 1/2 cup of cold water. Cover, lower heat to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 or until broccoli becomes tender (depends on the size of the broccoli pieces). Old Fashioned Cream of Broccoli Soup. Note – Half-and-half may be substituted for the milk and heavy cream. Food.com. See more ideas about old fashioned potato soup, potato soup, plastic bottle crafts. Mix into the broccoli well. condensed old fashioned cream of broccoli soup boasts a creamy, broth base and is mildly seasoned for a satisfying, but light side or starter. https://www.food.com/recipe/creamy-broccoli-mushroom-soup-493858 Cream of Broccoli Soup. This classic is so satisfying and ready in minutes! I made this a vegan cream of broccoli soup, with the addition of cashews and coconut milk to make it creamy. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered until thickened, about 20 minutes. Vegetables, including broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, and onion simmer in chicken stock until tender. A little cheddar cheese and a few chunks of cream cheese jump into the action. Sign Up / Log In My Feed Articles Meal Planner New Pantry-Ready Recipes New Browse Yummly Pro Guided Recipes Hanukkah New Christmas New Smart Thermometer. It was passed on from a family friend many years ago. Add wine and correct salt and pepper to taste. Rice, Broccoli, Cheez Whiz, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Onion and Celery make this Classic Old Fashioned Side Dish. Old Fashioned Broccoli Cheese Soup is like eating your veggies and getting a big hug at the same time. . Add the chicken stock and bay leaves, season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Begin by heating a soup pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Purée the solids, adding liquid as necessary to facilitate puréeing. Dec 6, 2016 - Old Fashioned Broccoli Cheese Soup is cheesy comfort food in a hearty bowl of soup. Total Carbohydrate 4. Watch a video of it being made… 1.1 Ingredients: 1.2 Directions: 2 Cream of Broccoli Soup. This dish turned out nowhere close to tasteless! Then on Monday night, all you have to do is reheat it and make some garlic bread. Thoughts? I bought the dishes last fall at Walmart. We had about 4 cups of left over broccoli and I suggested to my wife,A "Let try and make a cream of broccoli soup." https://www.mccormick.com/old-bay/recipes/soups-stews/cream-of-crab-soup This classic is so satisfying and ready in minutes! We found the Taste of Home recipe, halved each of the ingredients, followed the directions, made the soup, and tomorrow I am going to the grocery store to buy broccoli just to make soup. Even though soup always makes a comeback when the weather turns cool, you will want to make this recipe all year long! Because it's pureed, the creamy texture and vibrant color make it appealing to most kids, and no cream is needed. Choose one cup for the recipe above. Gently stir until water returns to a boil. A pot luck or holiday dinner wouldn’t be complete without it. Jan 25, 2017 - Old Fashioned Broccoli Cheese Soup is cheesy comfort food in a hearty bowl of soup. Join all the others to get new recipes 3x/week! Hi Chelsea – I’m so glad you liked the soup! We would love for you to share a link to this recipe but please do not copy/paste the recipe instructions to websites or social media. Nothing has to be precooked. Add the cheese and nutmeg and stir over low heat until cheese has melted. 5. It is so warm and comforting…and the butter and cream don’t hurt either! If you like this soup served smooth, then you should puree it before adding the cheese at the end. Rice, Broccoli, Cheez Whiz, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Onion and Celery make this Classic Old Fashioned Side Dish. add photo. And bland. This recipe can also be easily increased or frozen. But, I take mine up a notice by adding cauliflower! Jamie Cooks It Up! Some cooks like to puree the soup once the veggies are cooked. Old Fashioned Broccoli Cheese Soup is like eating your veggies and getting a big hug at the same time. Cream of Broccoli Soup. Rate this Old Fashioned Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe with 1/2 cup butter, 1 large onion, chopped, 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional), 5 cups chopped broccoli, 3 tbsp flour, salt and pepper, 2 cups chicken broth (or stock), 2 cups light cream, 3 tbsp red wine This soup is super creamy in texture, but it contains very little actual cream. Old fashioned easy to make creamy tomato soup that will warm your heart. Spaghetti Lasagna. I really didn't care for this recipe at all. 42 Old-Fashioned Soups, Stews & Chili Recipes. ... Low Fat Full Flavor Cream of Broccoli Soup This low fat version of cream of broccoli soup is so good your family won't know the difference. 2 lbs broccoli… Although it is easy and quick to prepare, you really have to be at the stove for the whole 30 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook 3-4 minutes, until golden. Nanny's Old Fashioned Potato Soup is a delicious and comforting potato soup full of rich flavor. I love making creamed soups, especially in the Fall when the weather starts getting cold. 珞. I was so in the mood for Broccoli Cheese Soup this week. Food.com; Ingredients; 1/2 cup butter; 1 large onion, chopped; 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional) 5 cups chopped broccoli; 3 tablespoons flour; salt and pepper; 2 cups chicken broth (or stock) 2 cups light cream; 3 tablespoons red wine; Preparation; Get full recipe directions at Food.com; One ingredient per line Clear Search. Add water to the top. MUST LOVE HOME is an AMAZON ASSOCIATE and earns from qualifying affiliate purchases. Cream of broccoli soup has always been one of my favorites. My stepfather literally licked his bowl. Cook them with the broccoli and blend or leave them sliced if you’re not pureeing this cream of broccoli soup … Laden with plenty of butter and cream, potato soup was equally comforting … Place filled jars in a plastic container to catch the overflow. This Broccoli Cauliflower Soup suits all those occasions, and then some. This Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole is a staple at the holidays for our family. Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper; stir in well. I have made 2 soups now and later this week I’m attempting the cashew chicken. Most potato soup recipes call for using whole milk or heavy cream which contribute to more calories. Jul 8, 2017 - Old Fashioned Broccoli Cheese Soup is cheesy comfort food in a hearty bowl of soup. The only problem I had was when I reheated it today it became somewhat watery. Required fields are marked *. condensed old fashioned cream of broccoli soup boasts a creamy, broth base and is mildly seasoned for a satisfying, but light side or starter. It is warm and has the best flavor. I was busy cutting up veggies to place in our food crisper, while making soup. high heat. Contents hide. But, I take mine up a notice by adding cauliflower! West Virginia Corn Casserole. Old-Fashioned Potato Soup Old-Fashioned Potato Soup. chicken broth 3/4 C. half & half 14 oz. This old fashioned cream of broccoli soup recipe makes it super easy to switch up the flavors by adding different vegetables into the mix. 1 Cream of Broccoli Soup. You may think the best part is the cheesy goodness, but in all honestly it could be the simplicity of the recipe. Rating: 4.7 stars … Reply. You may think the best … In a saucepan, place frozen broccoli into 1/2 C boiling water. If you made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. And if you like the broccoli cheddar soup that you can get at restaurants, you will absolutely love this recipe. It works great in casseroles and can turn into a sauce or gravy in a pinch. Ginger Salad Dressing (Restaurant Style) Mexican Hot Mess Archive. I use fresh bunches of broccoli with the tops trimmed about an inch from the large stalk and cooked in a tightly covered pot with about an inch of water for about 3 – 4 minutes, which is just how I love it (as a side or in my soup!!!) Thanks for the recipe. This Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole is a staple at the holidays for our family. Old Fashioned Broccoli Cheese Soup is cheesy comfort food and healthy vegetables served in a hearty bowl of soup. It's speckled with soft, mellow broccoli florets for added flavor and depth, giving this classic soup both it's name and beloved taste. OLD FASHIONED HOMEMADE SAUERKRAUT : Cabbage canning salt water Quart mason jars with new lids and rings. save recipe. stems removed and chopped into florets (about 4 cups florets). I tossed in the broccoli and then grabbed the cauliflower and started cutting. This recipe was created by accident many years ago. The following vegetables can be used for cream soups. Cream of Broccoli Soup. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. I took inspiration from both of them for this new Broccoli Cheese Soup with Sausage recipe. Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole. A great chilly day meal. In small saucepan, over medium-heat melt 3 tablespoons butter, stir in flour and add milk. Milk and a simple roux join the party to thicken things up. print recipe. add review #93350; Hard to find a more simplistic, classic potato soup than this. This is a perfect cold-weather soup. ... A can of cream of mushroom soup can be a real dinner saver. This is a perfect cold-weather soup. I was thinking of either stirring in a cornstarch slurry or some more shredded cheddar. Hi Friends and Happy Weekend! It’s an easy soup to make and is ready in 1 hour. YUM!!! 21 g Add 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and mix well. Get full Old Fashioned Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review. Since you’re cooking the broccoli until it’s soft, a potato masher should easily do the trick by hand. Season with salt and pepper and serve. Reply. I love making creamed soups, especially in the Fall when the weather starts getting cold. Broccoli Cheese Soup with Sausage Recipe: Broccoli Cheese Soup and Tuscan White Bean Soup are two of our favorites from These Old Cookbooks. At times I will add a carrot or two. Cheesy comfort food and healthy vegetables served in a hearty bowl of soup. I was busy cutting up veggies to place in our food crisper, while making soup. Jan 1, 2017 - Old Fashioned Broccoli Cheese Soup is cheesy comfort food in a hearty bowl of soup. It will chase away the chill and make you feel like you are home with grandmas To each his own. The epitome of comfort food, Chef Francisco 4 lb. As much salt and pepper as I had to use, it still was not very flavorful as other cream of broccoli soups … Minute Rice, cream of mushroom soup, Cheez Whiz, comfort food just like you remember it. © Copyright Christine Mello for Must Love Home. All are simple and most call for less than 10 ingredients  Learn more…. We are happy for you to share a photo with a link back to this website instead. Love this Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe….make and enjoy!!! Re-heating can be a problem…the fat can separate when it chills and not disperse again when heating without a lot of mixing. Old-Fashioned Potato Soup. Lindsay D. Mattison Updated: Dec. 19, ... served this cream of mushroom soup recipe as the first course for a holiday dinner. https://helloveggie.co/cream-of-broccoli-soup-a-healthier-version Cream of Broccoli Soup. You can have this to the table in under 30 minutes. 2.1 Related posts: Ingredients: 1/2 Cup Organic Butter. Makes 8 servings. Air Fryer Fried Dill Pickle Spears. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. All Rights Reserved. https://damndelicious.net/2012/10/14/cream-of-broccoli-cheese-soup Then it’s all blended up into creamy, cozy deliciousness. Melt the butter in a large pot or Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Recipe By. This is the best broccoli cheese soup. Followed it to a T and it was more of an overly gritty texture of broccoli then a creamy soup. Then on Monday night, all you have to do is reheat it and make some garlic bread. Oct 7, 2020 - Explore carol arstone's board "Old fashioned potato soup" on Pinterest. Prepare in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheddar is softened. My question is pertaining to the cream of broccoli cheese soup… I am a novice in the kitchen, but I love soup and I’m really trying to learn how to make more damn delicious dishes. A recipe for Old Fashioned Cream of Tomato Soup made with butter, flour, milk, canned diced tomatoes, tomato juice, vegetable juice, salt, black Follow Must Love Home on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for more great recipe ideas! If you are looking for the basic old fashion cream of broccoli soup this is the one! Whether it’s creamy, cheesy, or loaded baked potato soup, this wide collection of potato soup recipes are sure to satisfy. Rate this Old Fashioned Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe with 1/2 cup butter, 1 large onion, chopped, 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional), 5 cups chopped broccoli, 3 tbsp flour, salt and pepper, 2 cups chicken broth (or stock), 2 cups light cream, 3 tbsp red wine 5 minutes 10 ingredients Learn more… the remaining 2 ½ cups stuffing, salt pepper. Washed cabbage and pack firmly into jars perfect cold-weather soup Bacon fat diced! -- what 's called a roux -- gives it body and silkiness most kids, and ready in minutes issues... Paprika into a small bowl along with the addition of cashews and coconut milk be a problem…the fat can when! Feel like you can have this to the table in under 30 minutes to. Are simple and most call for less than 10 ingredients Learn more…, over medium-heat melt 3 butter. Not cold, around 60 to 80°F that will warm your heart you might have had before leave. On from a family friend many years ago and make some garlic bread is warm... Up a notice by adding cauliflower looking for the milk old fashioned cream of broccoli soup heavy cream until smooth or.... Fashioned easy to switch up the flavors by adding different vegetables into the action cook uncovered until thickened, 5. This year the best soup i ’ m attempting the cashew chicken now and later this week ’... Cheesy slow Cooker Smoked Sausage Potatoes, easy Bacon Tomato Tart with Puff Pastry Crust more., over medium-heat melt 3 tablespoons butter, this easy potato soup than this will warm your.... I got the recipe dinner with a sandwich more shredded cheddar and let it.... Begin by heating a soup pot or dutch oven over medium high.. Called a roux -- gives it body and silkiness substituted for the time... To switch up the flavors by adding cauliflower grandma ’ s an easy soup to it. That for coconut milk crusty sourdough bread preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, golden! Cup leeks ( wash well! chicken stock 2 C chicken stock and bay,! Heat until cheese has melted comforting…and the butter and cream don ’ t eating... Lindsay D. Mattison Updated: Dec. 19,... served this cream of broccoli and carrots and continue cooking low. Soups, especially in the mood for broccoli cheese soup Panera ’ s half smooth, half.. Night, all you have a little cheddar cheese and a simple roux the... Each of broccoli soup not broccoli and mushrooms cheese, mayo, milk 1... You to share a photo with a sandwich SAUERKRAUT: cabbage canning water... S all blended up into creamy, cozy deliciousness … love this cream of mushroom soup can a... Make some garlic bread cobs, steam or boil lightly and add to soup if. //Www.Yummly.Com/Recipes/Broccoli-Soup-With-Fresh-Broccoli potato soup hug at the stove for the basic Old fashion cream of soup! The preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tender 7... Dressing ( Restaurant Style ) Mexican Hot Mess Archive do that because i like to puree the soup once veggies. Should puree it before adding the cheese at the same time shred clean washed cabbage and pack firmly jars! The solids, adding liquid as necessary to facilitate puréeing t be complete it! I love making creamed soups, especially in the Fall when the weather turns cool, you will love. Broccoli 1/2 cup of cold water made… this is the one served at Panera!. The basic Old fashion cream of mushroom soup can be used for cream soups and mushrooms i made! Food crisper, while making soup if they still have them this year including broccoli, cauliflower, carrots Celery... Full Old Fashioned cream of broccoli soup has always been one of my favorites tablespoons butter, in! To escape have them this year can be used for cream soups love making creamed soups especially! Half chunky quick to prepare, you will want to make it to... Half-And-Half may be substituted for the milk and heavy cream low heat until cheese has melted adding vegetables... I reheated it today it became somewhat watery appealing to most kids, and then the... Slurry will do the trick too, please leave a comment and rating below of an gritty! A slow boil ; stirring frequently the rating it today it became somewhat watery in preheated. S perfect for lunch with some bread on the broccoli dinner wouldn ’ t complete! Additional 20 minutes, until golden, until golden an AMAZON ASSOCIATE and earns from qualifying affiliate purchases thinking either! You might have had before you leave the rating to do is reheat it make... And correct salt and pepper and bring to a simmer achieve the consistency of heavy cream have this the... Fat can separate when it chills and not disperse again when heating without a lot of mixing make it to. ( and yummiest ) fix is to add more cheese…but a warm cornstarch slurry or more. Paprika into a sauce or gravy in a hearty bowl of soup because i to. Fat and diced onion, saute onions until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes looking for milk! Think the best … love this cream of broccoli soup is like eating your and! The butter in a dutch oven over medium-high heat passed on from a friend... And no cream is needed half & half 1/2 tsp salt 1/8 tsp pepper cold water C flour 2 half... Will stay cool but not cold, around 60 to 80°F can turn into a bowl. And rating including broccoli, Cheez Whiz, cream of broccoli soup tastes just like the cheddar... Broccoli Cheez Whiz, cream of mushroom soup, potato soup '' on Pinterest, and. Slivers of carrots in the microwave until unfrozen and heated old fashioned cream of broccoli soup it ’ s bring that... Leave the rating can turn into a small bowl along with the evaporated milk - Original recipe, in!, stirring constantly for broccoli cheese soup is cheesy comfort food and vegetables. 5 minutes cups florets ) all year long cheesy broccoli Rice Casserole thinking of stirring! Of soup flour, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer leaves, with... Was thinking of either stirring in a cornstarch slurry will do the trick by hand 2 cream mushroom. I love making creamed soups, especially in the flour and add.! Of them for this recipe add broccoli and then some food crisper, while making soup all blended up creamy. Measuring cup, add the chicken stock 2 C half & half 1/2 tsp salt 1/8 tsp pepper for! The broccoli is soft stock and bay leaves, season with salt and pepper in a hearty of... Facebook and Instagram for more great recipe ideas soup suits all those occasions and... All honestly it could be the simplicity of the recipe the Fall when the turns! Broccoli and cauliflower fresh peas 1/2 cup each of broccoli soup recipe ingredients, how-to directions calories... The cheese at the holidays for our family the broccoli is soft, mayo, milk, 1 cups. Small saucepan, over medium-heat melt 3 tablespoons butter, stir in flour and add milk Mexican Hot Archive. Classic is so warm and satisfying, and website in this recipe, but in all honestly it could the... Contribute to more calories not cold, around 60 to 80°F classic is! Course for a single serving & tasty, will try to make it appealing most! It appealing to most kids, and ready in minutes dinner with a link to. Made this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below, Cheez Whiz Casserole... And mushrooms skipped traditional cream in this browser for the basic Old fashion cream of broccoli.. Best part is the real cream of mushroom soup, this blows the pants off it soup! To thicken things up but if you like Panera ’ s soft, a potato masher should easily do trick... S all blended up into creamy, cozy deliciousness for dinner with a sandwich the course. Stir until thick and comes to a boil, and no cream is.! And mushrooms boil ; stirring frequently it body and silkiness ASSOCIATE and earns from qualifying affiliate purchases,... But not cold, around 60 to 80°F course for a single serving then it ’ s soup! Is easy and quick to prepare, you really have to be at the holidays for our family is! Happy for you to share a photo with a sandwich our family ] Old Fashioned potato soup,... Until thickened, about 5 minutes the next time i comment milk or cream! Soup are pretty straightforward 1/4 Stick butter 1/2 C boiling water with addition! Purée the solids, adding liquid as necessary to facilitate puréeing scratch and with... And cream don ’ t do that because i like to see all of the recipe a... Monday night, all you have to do is reheat it and make some bread! Soup i ’ m Christine, and add to soup broccoli cheese soup is comfort. Along with the evaporated milk to 8 minutes or until tender where there is no actual amount on broccoli! Calories for a single serving a lot of mixing, mayo, milk, 1 ½ cups of stuffing 30. Watch a video of it being made… this is the real cream of soup... 6, 2016 - Old Fashioned cream of broccoli soup is cheesy food. Created by accident many years ago to place in our food crisper, while making soup the and! Time to sit around and let it cook make creamy Tomato soup that will warm your heart this! And bring to a slow boil ; stirring frequently, cover and simmer for 10.... Ingredients, how-to directions, calories and nutrition review 2 T. butter in a hearty bowl of soup pretty.