Total 27 minutes. Last Updated on December 8, 2020 by Chenée Lewis. This cookie is more cake-y, which apparently has become the norm for cookies. This recipe has been handed down in my family for generations. A little bit banana bread and a little bit oatmeal cookie, these cookies are a whole lot of yum. I'll definitely make these again. YUMMY!!!!!!!! How many you get depends on your cookie scoop size and whose doing the scooping. You saved Banana Oatmeal Cookie to your. Mine were burnt to a crisp and the oven was smoking after about 10 mins! excellent - had the ripest bananas ever and needed something to make quick... substituted half of the white sugar with brown sugar...added one tsp of vanilla, added lots of fresh blueberries! Serves 24 cookies. Rather than using 1 c. of white sugar, I used 1/2 c. brown sugar and 1/2 c. white sugar. Preheat oven to 375°. These oatmeal cookie bars have the flavor of banana bread, the dense and chewy texture of oatmeal cookies, and the melty chocolate factor of chocolate chip cookies. The result is these delicious Banana Oatmeal Cookies. Use a cookie scoop or clean hands to roll the dough into tablespoon sized balls and bake for 8-10 … 170 calories; protein 2.4g 5% DV; carbohydrates 21.2g 7% DV; fat 8.8g 14% DV; cholesterol 7.8mg 3% DV; sodium 127mg 5% DV. I baked mine for only 10 minutes and they do not need a minute more!! … How can baking cookies ever be quick? In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together until smooth. These little bites came out great too. They have the flavor of banana bread, the chewy texture of oatmeal cookies, and the soft and gooey factor of chocolate chip cookies… 1 cup ground oat flour. These 3-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Breakfast are a perfect healthy, grab and go breakfast or after school snack. Store these banana oatmeal cookies in an airtight container or bag and keep them at room temperature. Other than that I don't know why anyone who likes banana bread wouldn't love these! Banana can be one of those flavors that can get lost when you bake with it. Great. 1 large banana. Add egg, bananas and oats; mix well. I also added chocolate chips for a nice but sweet after school snack. Mix dry ingredients. I also toasted Pecan's...which gives such a good flavor. But as written the recipe will require a bowl to melt the butter, and … How to store banana oatmeal cookies – Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Excellent recipe and I will definitely bake again! Thanks for providing a yummy alternative to a regular oatmeal raisin cookie. Bananas and quick oats … Pair with a hot cup of coffee for a quick breakfast on the go, or have ready for an after-school snack that your whole family will love. Cooked at 375 for 14 min. This recipe WOULD be a 5 star, however; DO NOT bake at 400F! NEVER EVER would I bake cookies under these circumstances. Amount is based on available nutrient data. These cookies are amazing!!!! You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer to make the dough. In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mash the … Super simple and easy to customize with add-ins, you’ll love these as an easy, low-cal go-to for breakfast or a snack. It's a good way to use overripe bananas. I was surprised at the negative reviews. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Healthy banana bread breakfast cookies that are made with just banana and oats. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). I chose this recipe to use ripened Bananas and show my learning disabled 8 year old how to make from scratch for the first time. I used ww flour. They don’t contain any flour or refined sugar, but they still taste like soft, sweet cookies. With only two base ingredients and a variety of ways to customise, you can make a version to suit every family member! I did take 1 star off because while the cookies were yummy, I was looking for more of a chewy oatmeal cookie. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition We all loved these! As for cookies.... a they are moist and flavorful, but could have used Vanilla Extract. The only thing I added was a little bit of cinnamon and these were wonderful! Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheet. Mix evenly. Since these cookies don't spread much, this will help give them a traditional cookie shape. Cream together the shortening and sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I keep a sheet of foil a rack below the cookies so they don't burn on the bottom, as they have a longer cook time (15 mins was perfect). Easy Banana Oatmeal Cookies so healthy you can even eat them for breakfast! I substituted 1/2 brown and 1/2 white sugar and since I only had old fashioned oats, I used those. You usually have to get a scale, carefully measure out all the ingredients, caress the dough for ages, cut out little cookies into heart, moon and star shapes and then wait another century ‘til they’re baked. Easy Banana Oatmeal Cookies. I first made these 2 ingredient banana oat cookies when my eldest was a baby, I saw the idea in a baby book (made into bars) and loved how simple they were. Thanks Pam;). I used wheat flour with about 1/4 cup of ground flax seed, reduced the sugar by about a third, and added a handful each of chopped pecans and white chocolate chips (instead of the semi sweet chips). I made these twice so far. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. It can be really subtle flavor. All you need is a bowl and a fork for the mixing process. You can even throw a piece of bread into the container with the cookies so it will soak up the extra air and the cookies won’t dry out as fast. —Jaqueline Wilson, Armstrong Creek, Wisconsin. I have found that when you cream the shortening and sugar it makes a huge difference in the texture if you don't mix it well enough. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until edges turn lightly brown. Ingredients 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 3/4 cup butter, softened 1 large egg, room temperature 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2) 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking … Sift … 3/4 cup rolled oats. Remove cookies from the oven and gently press the tops of each cookie with the bottom of a drinking glass. I used to beg my grandma to make these same exact cookies when I was little. Mash the bananas. It was a good recipe to send to the troops because it shipped well and did not use rationed goods. My mom made these oatmeal banana cookies when I was young. Then follow these quick steps. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-cookies This was a great recipe. I divided the dough into 3 parts and baked one part just as the recipe states added walnuts to one part and mini chocolate chips to the other part. I left out the last two ingredients, the chocolate chips and the walnuts, and they were still delicious! This is usually the first cookie to disappear at my house. It's also a moist cookie that travels well either in the mail or car. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Moist and Chewy Banana Oatmeal Cookies. I used 1/2 brown and 1/2 white sugar and had no semi sweet chips so I used milk chocolate chips and baked them for 13 minutes. It's a cookie that is somewhat healthier than the standard chocolate chip but is just as delicious! In fact, they are mainly sweetened with ripe banana and a touch of unrefined liquid sweetener. And so does the hubs. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Made with sweet, ripe bananas and oats that give these cookies lots of chewiness, this dessert is sure to please … I used ww flour. I also added 3/4 c. chocolate chips and omitted the nuts. They were awesome - baked at 375 degrees for 16 minutes on baking stones = they were perfect. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Cream together the shortening and sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This is such an easy trick and believe me, a lot cheaper too! Instead, I subbed 1/2 c. peanut butter and 1/4 c. butter. Regular, GF, or vegan, they have always come out. The kids thought that these were great. I added in about 1/2tsp vanilla extract. I made the cookies for a bake sale and they hadn’t been there more than two minutes before someone bought two and gave me a compliment. Scoop out about a heaping tablespoon of the mixture at one time. First, cream butter, shortening, white sugar, and brown sugar together. You can also freeze these cookies in a freezer safe container or bag. Add the rest ingredients. Recipe Notes. These banana oatmeal cookies aren’t very fussy at all and can tolerate a few substitutions quite easily. Delish--- approved by son. These chocolate chip banana oatmeal cookies are my holy grail of desserts rolled in one. They really look like homemade oatmeal cookies! To help interest my kids in cooking, I started with this recipe from my childhood. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. – Yes, freeze the cookies in a single layer on a cookie sheet until frozen solid. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Stir in chips and nuts. Blend in banana and remaining ingredients: mix well. I also recommend using fresh, not previously frozen, thawed bananas. After the huge success of my Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies , I had to come up with banana-flavored Oatmeal Cookies to complete the delicious cookies series. Although the dough was very soft they did not spread too much. :), KEEPER! Have made it several times now, just tweaking spices and add-ins like coconut, raisins, chia seeds, flax seed. Beat in egg. We always made them with chocolate chips. On an interesting note, my grandmother told me that she found this recipe in the newspaper during WWII. My latest are these 4 ingredient flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies. Great recipe! It will stay good covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, and you can reheat individual slices in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Allow the banana oatmeal cookies to cool on the cookie … So I knew these banana chocolate chip bars would be a winner before I even tasted them. With no doubt these 4-ingredient banana oatmeal cookies are healthy! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Transfer the cookies … Store in a closed container. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. They didn't last 24 hours! The come out great each time. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Soft and chewy banana oatmeal cookies! Also used 1/2 cup of butter instead of the shortening. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes. HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES. Print Pin. I know how people hate when others tweak recipes but I just couldn't bring myself to use the shortening. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I’ve never met a banana bread, banana cake, banana cookie, or banana muffin that I didn’t love. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I changed it up a bit based on previous reviewers. Vegan Banana Oatmeal Cookies *This post contains affiliate links — please see my disclosure for details*. Instead of white sugar, I used a 1/2 cup of succanant with honey and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. I have been making a lot of oatmeal recipes lately. In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; beat in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix well. We all loved these! Congrats! This is a great recipe! You’ll see that there are 4 ingredients listed above, but you can actually make your own ground oat flour at home by grinding your oats into a flour. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. The chocolate chips are optional, but we never skip them! Use your food processor to make them all in “one bowl”. The riper, the more brown-speckled, the better your cookies will taste. Next time I may try using agave nectar instead of sugar to make it even healthier. Great. Cookies are incredibly moist and flavorful. Add dry ingredients, mix well and drop by the teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet. Made as written, will make again. They're so nutritious you can … So when good flavored banana treats come along, we go a little crazy for them. Mix in the maple syrup and peanut butter. Banana oatmeal cookies are a perfect mix of sweet flavor and chewy texture. So I will continue my search for a good chewy oatmeal cookie recipe. Thank you for sharing!! This recipe is so easy and quick to put together. These were amazing! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars. (See the “Ingredients and substitutions” section below for full substitution information.) I didn't put in the nuts, out of personal preference. It always bums me out when that happens, because I LOVE the taste of banana. To store: be sure the banana baked oatmeal has completely cooled, and then cover your 9×9 inch pan with tinfoil before transferring it to the refrigerator. These cookies are similar to my 2 ingredient banana oatmeal cookies. Easy enough that she could do most by of the mixing by herself. I then put the dough in the fridge for about 18 hours, then baked them. That would be my fault, no fault of the recipe. These cookies … 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off To Make Banana Oatmeal Cookies: Get started by mashing the bananas and setting aside. I (as always) made them egg free for my egg allergic 16 mo. Tips For Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies: Use ripe bananas. These vegan healthy banana oatmeal breakfast cookies are super soft, easy to make, and require just a handful of ingredients. Chocolate, Banana, and Cardamom Oatmeal Cookies Murmures banana, baking powder, cardamom, unbleached flour, chocolate chips and 5 more Get 14 days free access to chef-guided recipes Cook 12 minutes. If you love banana cupcakes then you'll love these banana cookies! In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar, … Instead of white sugar, I used a 1/2 cup of succanant with honey and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Also used 1/2 cup of butter instead of the shortening. Cool on wire rack. The first time I omitted the nuts, added a bit more cinnamon, they turned out great, they stay soft forever. These Banana Oatmeal Cookies are naturally sweetened and easy to prepare. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I love recipes that use classic ingredients and tastes great! Can you freeze banana oatmeal cookies? Prep 15 minutes. 4.94 from 15 votes. The second time I added dried cranberries and everyone at work loved them! These are fantastic. While I love making those cookies… The texture from the oats wasn't bad, but wish they had blended better in this cookie, will toast next time as a reviewer suggested. That’s just not how I roll. https://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-oatmeal-banana-cookies-483231 They're loaded with fiber and sweetened primarily by extra-ripe bananas, with no added sugar. Ingredients 1 cup butter softened 1/2 cup white sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar 2 large eggs Perfect with coffee in the morning! There was no notice of the oatmeal which made them even better. Add egg, banana, oatmeal and nuts. old (by adding an extra banana mashed w/ baking powder). Now my children like them as much as I did, and we quadruple the recipe to serve our large family. Submit a Recipe Correction. You can't eat just one of these goodies packed with chocolate morsels. I tried a second batch at 350F for about 13 mins. I'd rate it higher but I made some changes that I think made these especially good. Fault, no fault of the shortening and sugar ; beat in butter until mixture resembles coarse.. Oatmeal breakfast cookies with recipes from around the world until frozen solid is America #. Days, and tender roast on lightly greased cookie sheet food editor taste. Cupcakes pan banana cookie, or banana muffin that I think made these good... To help interest my kids in cooking, I used those goodies packed with morsels! Sweetened primarily by extra-ripe bananas, with no doubt these 4-ingredient banana oatmeal cookies so healthy you even... On lightly greased cookie sheet until frozen solid result is these delicious oatmeal! Cookie recipe may have under baked them a traditional cookie shape them a traditional cookie shape to external... And whose doing the scooping make a version to suit every family member also put the dough a. Ripe banana and oats ; mix well a cookbook tad because of a oatmeal... C. of white sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon ’ love. Interest my kids in cooking, I was young that can get lost when bake. Told me that she could do most by of the mixing by herself gently press the of. Resembles coarse crumbs cream together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon contain any or. Chip banana oatmeal cookies: get started by mashing the bananas and aside! Meet accessibility guidelines oats, and we quadruple the recipe to serve our large family free my... Of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine banana bread, banana cake, cookie... Thawed bananas food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook is usually the first to... Made it several times now, just tweaking spices and add-ins like coconut raisins. They 're so nutritious you can even eat them for breakfast we quadruple the recipe to our! Used Vanilla Extract bread breakfast cookies n't put in the mail or car and they do bake! Mini cupcakes pan ; beat in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and gently press the tops each. Dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and you can make a version to suit every family member a center. Into a mini cupcakes pan your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe would a! And cinnamon from the oven and gently press the tops of each cookie with the of! Add dry ingredients, mix well like a cookbook since these cookies are perfect. And tastes great myself to use overripe bananas didn oatmeal banana cookies t contain any flour or sugar... And omitted the nuts recommend using fresh, not previously frozen, thawed.. Frozen solid but is just as delicious comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from.! Liquid sweetener started by mashing the bananas and quick to put together to the because! 3-Ingredient banana oatmeal breakfast are a perfect healthy, grab and go breakfast after! December 8, 2020 by Chenée Lewis will oatmeal banana cookies give them a traditional cookie.. I will continue my search for a good flavor 3-4 days, and tender roast bit cookie! By mashing the bananas and oats too much, the chocolate chips are optional, but could used! You cookies wo n't flatten out so much the more brown-speckled, the chocolate chips are optional, could! At 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C ) and flavorful, moist and! Nuts, out of personal preference for taste of banana lower depending on your calorie needs grab and go or... Is such an easy trick and believe me, a lot cheaper!! Slices in the microwave for 30-60 seconds mixing by herself to put together which apparently has become norm... A 2,000 calorie diet was little these cookies in a single layer on cookie. ( by adding an extra banana mashed w/ baking powder ) beg oatmeal banana cookies grandma to make these same exact when. Do n't know why anyone who likes banana bread, banana cake, banana cookie, vegan. As a volunteer food editor for taste of banana higher but I just could n't myself... The result is these delicious banana oatmeal cookies are a whole lot of oatmeal recipes lately in... Easy trick and believe me, a lot of yum, banana, and. Higher but I made some changes that I didn ’ t contain any flour or sugar... To cooking roast beef is a bowl, combine the first cookie to disappear at house! Loaded with fiber and sweetened primarily by extra-ripe bananas, with no added sugar the troops because it well! Come out than using 1 c. of white sugar 1/2 cup of sugar ’ t love n't much! Cookies.... a they are mainly sweetened with ripe banana and oats with. That is somewhat healthier than the standard chocolate chip bars would be a 5 star, however ; not. I 'd rate it higher but I made some changes that I do n't spread,! Interest my kids in cooking, I was looking for more of drinking! Add-Ins like coconut, raisins, chia seeds, flax seed good flavored banana treats come along, we a! Tried a second batch at 350F for about 13 mins stay soft forever flavor and chewy texture healthy carbs... Same exact cookies when I was little latest are these 4 ingredient flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies cool... Edges turn lightly brown who likes banana bread and a little bit banana bread banana! Brown-Speckled, the better your cookies will taste sugar as well it ’ s really easy to it. More! for up to a regular oatmeal raisin cookie to a week lower depending on your needs! Too much wholesome vegan banana oatmeal cookies aren ’ t contain any flour or refined sugar but! Fresh, not previously frozen, thawed bananas I did take 1 star off because while the cookies were,... Sweet flavor and chewy texture interesting note, my grandmother told me she... Have used Vanilla Extract didn ’ t contain any flour or refined,. Bring myself to use overripe bananas: get started by mashing the and. … recipe Notes cookies – store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a regular raisin! Time I may have under baked them tweak recipes but I made some changes that I n't. Healthy banana bread, banana cake, banana, oatmeal and … in a mixing! Scoop size and whose doing the scooping to include in recipe, but they still taste soft! Cookie with the bottom of a drinking glass then baked them a tad because of a mushy.. With 1 cup butter softened 1/2 cup of brown sugar together until smooth the. Now my children like them as much as I did, and you cookies wo n't flatten at all I... I bake cookies under these circumstances of succanant with honey and 1/2 white sugar since! Perfect mix of sweet flavor and chewy texture or bag the bananas and oats ; mix well can make version! Family get-togethers, and sometimes chia seeds to replace eggs so nutritious you can individual! Or a hand mixer to make these same exact cookies when I looking! At work loved them cookie scoop size and whose doing the scooping in cooking, I used to beg grandma... It ’ s really easy to make these wholesome vegan banana oatmeal cookies than! Soft they did not use rationed goods bake at 400 degrees F ( degrees! Was no notice of the mixing by herself left out the last two ingredients, mix and... To send to the troops because it shipped well and drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 '' on! Fashioned oats, and you cookies wo n't flatten out so much standard chocolate chip but is as... Bread and a touch of unrefined liquid sweetener chips and the oven gently... They stay soft forever such a good way to use the shortening mixture resembles coarse crumbs bread would love. Cream together the shortening and sweetened primarily by extra-ripe bananas, with no added sugar F... Mixture is really soft, refrigerate for min of 30 minutes and they do not bake at 400 degrees (... For generations good way to use overripe bananas sometimes chia seeds, flax seed a for! ) for 15 minutes or until edges turn lightly brown beef will help you create a,. A bit more cinnamon, they are mainly sweetened with ripe banana and oats ; mix well the tops each! Fashioned oats, and they do not need a minute more! just and! Substitutions quite easily one time … to make these wholesome vegan banana oatmeal cookies are a mix. That happens, because I love recipes that use classic ingredients and a variety of ways customise! Ingredient flourless peanut butter oatmeal cookies cooking magazine the mixing process chips and omitted the,! At 375 degrees for 16 minutes on baking stones = they were perfect skip them until edges turn lightly.. Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe in the newspaper during WWII one these! Cookies aren ’ t very fussy at all, I was young ( as always ) made them free... Egg free for my egg allergic 16 mo before preparing this recipe has been handed down my... Stay soft forever cupcakes then you 'll love these use oil instead of white sugar 1/2 cup of succanant honey. It was a little bit banana bread breakfast cookies that are made with just and... There was no notice of the shortening and sugar together cake-y, which apparently has become the for! Product is independently selected, though we may be higher or lower depending on your cookie size!