They should be stored in an airtight container be sure to separate the layers with parchment paper. This recipe came right on time! Or would the flavor profile only work with maple? Unsubscribe at any time. At this point chill the cookie mixture for about 2 hours. Learn how your comment data is processed. Hugs for both!! No-Bake Marzipan Rum Balls Elephantastic vegan. Servings: 40. Dark and Stormy Rum Balls Best Recipes Australia. Any simple cookie of choice can be used in this recipe. All I could remember was that is was cake crumbs, rum essence and not much else. Rum balls are a super simple, no bake holiday treat you probably have everything for in your kitchen already. These Chocolate Rum Balls are a quick and easy No Bake Christmas Treat. I’m Gemma Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, and I want to help you bake with confidence anytime, anywhere! Ginger, honey and chocolate collide in these boozy balls making them a perfect addition to holiday parties or holiday gift giving. rum, coconut, chocolate sprinkles, Marie biscuits, cocoa, condensed milk and 1 more. But why? *Vanilla wafers: Feel free to use any plain cookie or biscuit (e.g./ rich tea, NICE biscuits etc). The adults answer to Christmas Cookies! And who knows maybe even substituting with your favourite liqueur might be a good idea also! No matter your skills, I have you covered. Recipe by spatchcock. My recipe is based on the original from the 50s, but is turned up with great quality ingredients and a few extra tips that bring out all that nutty flavor. Filed Under: American Favorites, Christmas, Christmas Cookies, Cookies & Bars, Desserts, No-Bake Desserts, Thanksgiving, Your email address will not be published. From the kitchen of JKausch55 This recipe has been on northpole.com from the beginning… since 1996! They’re a holiday favorite that’s delicious year round! Made with cookie crumbs, nuts, sugar, cocoa, honey and of course Rum, then rolled in your favourite coating. Scoop out tablespoon portions, roll into balls and toss to coat in sugar mixture. If you find the mixture too wet then refrigerate for about an hour. ???? Roll into a ball and repeat for the rest of the mixture. No-Bake Rum Balls. Hi Gemma, I made these yummy rum balls last night. Not only are they super simple to make, but they’re no-bake too. It’s super easy, no-bake and contains chocolate and rum. An easy rumless Rum balls. The adults answer to Christmas Cookies! To toast the nuts, I roast them dry in a 350°F (180°C) oven for about 10 minutes. LAST UPDATED: August 14, 2020 • FIRST PUBLISHED: November 26, 2017 By Toni Dash - 28 Comments Easy No-Bake Pecan Rum Balls… Made with ground pecan, cookie crumbs, and of course rum, the flavor of these little balls are classic for a reason! Where chocolate and coconut meet condensed milk and crushed cookies with a hint of rum to make the BEST treats to give as gifts OR serve to your guests! Add rum and mix until the mixture can be formed into balls. These Chocolate Rum Balls are a quick and easy No Bake Christmas Treat. I love to fix these for my friends and … No bake … https://www.thebossykitchen.com/walnuts-cocoa-rum-balls-recipe Try this and let me know the feedbacks. We also used to make them at home. Place on parchment lined baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. The adults answer to Christmas Cookies! You’re going to pulverize about 2 cups of wafers to make about 1 … No-Bake Classic Rum Balls 4.47 from 26 votes Made with ground pecan, cookie crumbs, and of course rum, the flavor of these No-Bake Classic Rum Balls are classic for a reason! No Bake Rum Balls AllRecipes chopped walnuts, confectioners sugar, cocoa powder, rum, dark corn syrup and 1 more Get these exclusive recipes with a subscription to Yummly Pro . If you don’t like nuts you could probably leave them out and maybe substitute with flaked coconut. Made with cookie crumbs, nuts, sugar, cocoa, honey and of course Rum, then rolled in your favourite coating. We won't send you spam. Dark and Stormy Rum Balls Best Recipes Australia. Once all of the balls have been rolled coat each one in the remaining 1/2 cup. No-Bake Rum Balls. No Bake Rum Balls. Best. Author: Alina Eisenhauer. Combine remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and granulated sugar in a shallow bowl and set aside. Shape into balls about 1 inch in … Just be sure to ground it well using a food processor. Sure, so maybe rum balls are traditionally associated with Christmastime. Add the honey and rum and mix together with a fork. Hi, would love to make these, but would imitation rum extract work? Hi Bold Bakers! | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap. It’s best to sift the powdered sugar or cocoa first in order to remove any lumps before coating them. While the rum is what makes these Classic Rum Ball Cookies, I always like giving you Bold Bakers the option to make my recipes without alcohol. Place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate until ready to serve. Take a teaspoon of the mixture and drop it on a plastic cutting board or other flat surface. To help personalize content, measure adverts and provide a safer experience, we use cookies. Enjoy! These no-bake sweets recipes can fit the bill whether the oven's occupied or you want a kid-friendly project. In Italy I didn’t have much of a choice, so I used white rum but you could always use dark or even spiced rum if you prefer. Join millions of other Bold Bakers. No Bake Rum Balls Rate this recipe • Read reviews. Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls, roll them in cocoa, icing sugar or even dip in melted chocolate (or coating of your choice). They are no bake and take no time to whip together. Spread some powered sugar on a plate then roll each ball to coat. This recipe for Chocolate Rum Balls is sure to become a holiday tradition! Pecans go really well with rum, though, so try it with pecans if you can! I like to set out a dessert tray with these rum balls, along with some candied pecans, chocolate bark, and sugar cookie truffles. All rights reserved. Rum balls are a classic no bake holiday treat! If you find the mixture too wet then refrigerate for about an hour, if it is too dry then add a bit more Rum. If the mixture is too dry then add more Rum (½ tablespoon at a time). Rum balls are the perfect make ahead holiday dessert. I know it’s one extra step, but it’s super important to toast the pecans before adding them into the balls, as this really brings out the buttery quality of the nuts. Enter the Bold Baker Challenge for a Chance to Win a $275 Gift Card! pecans (preferably toasted), powdered sugar, cocoa, maple syrup, and rum. Place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate until ready to serve. Repeat the process until all of the balls are rolled. They should be thawed in the fridge before serving. If you’ve never had classic Classic Rum Balls before, get ready. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Ingredients: 1 cup blanched almond flour (I like this brand) Heaping 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut; Dash of sea salt; 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder; 1/4 cup gold rum (sometimes also called amber rum) 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted; 2-3 Tbsp raw honey or more to taste Just going to make these, but I’m always confused in recipes that involve cookie crumbs. Is there’s a substitute I could use for the maple syrup in this recipe like agave nectar perhaps (that’s wot I have on hand)? Really want the rum flavor but not the alcohol. Made with ground pecan, cookie crumbs, and of course rum, the flavor of these No-Bake Classic Rum Balls are classic for a reason! So if you are looking for something a little different this year then why not try these Easy Chocolate Rum Balls and let me know what you think. I found the easiest coatings to use were cocoa, powdered sugar and melted chocolate. These Chocolate Rum Balls are a quick and easy No Bake Christmas Treat. Those are the dry ingredients. I like to grind my cookies into crumbs in the food processor, but you can do this by hand. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the vanilla wafers, cocoa and sugar. That said, it will alter the overall flavor, and will turn into just Cookie Balls — still delicious, though! Do share the Rumballs recipe – the one where they are baked.. Do you have a recipe for boozy brownies. The base of these Classic Rum Ball Cookies is a fine powder of vanilla wafer that has been crushed. My easy no bake rum balls have a wonderful chocolatey rum-infused flavor that you’ll just love! Although you could roll them in coconut, chopped nuts or even sprinkles. I’m looking to make all of your Christmas cookie balls as gifts but don’t want to spend too too much on extra ingredients. Rum Balls should be frozen between layers of parchment paper in a freezer safe container. After roasting, I roughly chop in the food processor like I do the cookie crumbs, but you can do this by hand with a large sharp knife. MAKE IT SHINE! Try rolling a ball first before adding more Rum, because it may look dry but they may come together without anything extra added. To make these chocolate balls without the rum liquor, use instead: 2 tsp rum flavoring or mint flavoring or vanilla flavoring; plus 1 extra Tbsp corn syrup and 2 oz water. Stir in the chopped … Impress your guests with a delicious batch, or two, of Wendy’s Chocolate Rum Raisin Balls. Sign up for my FREE weekly emails and join millions of other Bold Bakers in the community for new recipes, baking techniques, and more every week! Could I replace the maple syrup for honey or condensed milk? Rum balls are the easiest 4-Ingredient Christmas treat! Once chilled, scoop the cookie mixture into balls. You don't have to use rum either, I've got tons of flavour options in the notes, including non-alcoholic ones! A must on any holiday cookie platter. I’ll let you in on a little secret, too. Ironically, they do START with supermarket cookies – Nilla Wafers, to be precise. Published December 11, 2020 By Rosemary Leave a Comment. Search Input ... Rum Balls. This is an adopted recipe I've not yet personally tried, but the below review vouches for this recipe's edibility. Thanks, Carol. Rich and decadent, you won’t be able to resist these no-bake chocolate rum balls! These no-bake treats couldn’t be easier to make and are perfect to bring to holiday parties, to add to your cookie tray or for delicious post-dinner snacking. Rum Balls are a perfect truffle-like confection. These rum truffles were huge, but that could also be due to nostalgic hindsight, just like Wagon Wheels and Monster Munch used to be bigger back then. These cookie crumbs are dry and sweet with just a hint of vanilla. Home » Cookies » No-Bake Classic Rum Balls. cookie crumbs (such as vanilla wafer cookies), finely chopped nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts or cashews). By clicking sign up, you agree to our terms of service and privacy policy. All you’ll need are a few simple ingredients, a food processor to crush up the biscuits and a little bit of time … Keyword: boozy balls, no bake, rum balls, whiskey balls Prep Time: 30 minutes. I remember my Mother making these for our Christmas Eve parties. In a large bowl add the crushed cookies, sift in the icing sugar and cocoa, sifting helps prevent lumps, add the finely chopped nuts, whisk the ingredients all together. Last Updated December 11, 2020. Still, any further comments or suggestions are appreciated by those who try the recipe before I do! Every year I usually make some sort of no bake cookie or chocolate, but this year I knew the Italian would be very impressed with these Rum Balls, he keeps telling me that I have to make one of his favourite Italian pastries, Baba al Rum, well at least these have rum in them! Whether you make them yearly as part of your holiday baking tradition or just have a chocolate craving, you can’t go wrong with this traditional sweet. Please advise because I want to make this again soon. Homemade Chocolate Mint Filled Chocolates. All you need is: crushed biscuits – I use Arnott’s Marie biscuits, however any plain sweet biscuits (cookies in the US) are perfect for this recipe. It is probably best to freeze them before coating then once thawed coat with desired coating. Crushed vanilla wafers are the secret to this bourbon ball recipe you’ll want to include on every holiday cookie tray for gift giving. cocoa powder, marzipan, shredded coconut, rum. Thanks! Don’t have the right cookies to make into crumbs, but I do have ginger cookies. These fun and festive no bake chocolate Rum Balls are made easy with six ingredients in your food processor. Let us know your opinion by submitting a review! In a large bowl combine the cookie crumbs, 1 cup (. Save your favorite recipes, articles, & more! Vanilla wafer cookies are usually the cookie of choice, although I cannot find a similar cookie here in Italy, so I used a simple Italian cookie that is made with cream, I think you could probably use your favourite simple cookie. Cover and store in an airtight container for up to 10 days. Total Time: 30 minutes. Rum balls are amazing already but the addition of chocolate takes the rum … Hii! Thank you! They compliment the flavor of the toasted pecans and lovely rum perfectly. It’s okay if you don’t like pecans, or are allergic to them because you can replace them with almond meal, ground walnuts, or ground cashews. Skip to main content. They will keep for up to 2 months if stored properly. But let’s be honest, I’m not from the deep south. Made with ground pecan, cookie crumbs, and of course rum, the flavor of these No-Bake Classic Rum Ball Cookies are classic for a reason! Made with a few ingredients. Classic Rum Ball Cookies aren’t complete without toasted pecans and rum. Add remaining ingredients and pulse till smooth. There is a difference. A classic holiday recipe, no bake bourbon balls are an easy recipe to make during the holiday season. Loved them and hope these turn out as I remember them. If you don’t want to use rum, feel free to substitute it with a fruit juice of your choice, perhaps orange, apple, or cranberry juice. Your rum ball recipe sounds really good. Great for the holidays, or anytime of year. I used finely chopped almonds but you could also use walnuts, hazelnuts or even pecans. An easy, no bake recipe for delicious Rum Balls made with cocoa and a hint of rum. Rum is a tropical drink, which means its best suited for warm weather. Thanks for sharing the recipe!! Do you think those would beOK? Today iam hereby presenting a special Christmas desert. Print Ingredients. Here’s how you make no bake rum balls! Store them in the refrigerator and they will last up to 2 weeks. Place wafers and pecans in food processor and pulse till crumbly. I always look for your recipes to make anything and what I try are always a keeper. A #no bake desert. 4 Ingredient Rum Balls This is the easiest no-bake recipe ever !!! You also need corn syrup … Hi, wanting to make these at the weekend but we really don’t like nuts, what could u substitute, would coconut be okay? Home » Recipes » Desserts (No Bake) » Easy No-Bake Pecan Rum Balls. Is it one cup of cookies, or one cup of crumbs. By giving consent, you agree to allow us to collect information through cookies. thanks! Made with just a few simple ingredients, they are rich, chocolatey, boozy, festive, and come together so quickly! Copyright ©2020, An Italian in my Kitchen. I refrigerated the dough for 2 hours in a glass bowl and put a sheet of wax paper over the top of the bowl to cover the bowl. Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls, roll them in cocoa, icing sugar or even dip in melted chocolate. Should I have used something else to cover the bowl? And don’t forget to follow Bigger Bolder Baking on Pinterest! They can be decorated to suit any occasion. Required fields are marked *. These one-bite balls are one of my favorite holiday treats, as the flavors are everything Christmas, and they are so simple to make — so all of your holiday entertaining becomes just that much easier. Using a tablespoon measure, scoop a level tablespoon of the mix then roll into a ball. NO BAKE and NO MELTING CHOCOLATE! Mix until a sticky dough forms. Add the honey and rum and mix together with a fork or spatula. Your email address will not be published. May 4, 2020 by April. © 2020 Taste Buds Entertainment LLC. At 6am Monday morning when I was trying to remember the recipe, Google was no help. Thanks to you I’m now classified as a good cook. We hope you enjoy this classic North Pole recipe. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Ingredients in No-Bake Rum Balls In order to make rum balls, you need vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and pecans. All Rights Reserved. Coat them in powdered sugar, chopped nuts, or … You can make chocolate rum balls with or without hazelnuts and adjust the rum … In a large bowl add the ground cookie crumbs, sift in the icing sugar and cocoa, sifting helps prevent lumps, add the finely chopped nuts, whisk the ingredients all together. Yes, a bit crumbly, I had to add extra maple syrup and rum to get the right consistency. Enjoy! I was wondering this because my dough was a bit crumbly. Registration confirmation will be e-mailed to you. German Rum Balls (Rumkugeln) are a Christmas favorite! Make chocolate rum balls forget to follow Bigger Bolder baking on Pinterest best suited for warm weather cookies to into... Together so quickly really well with rum, then rolled in your favourite coating rum extract?..., of Wendy’s chocolate rum balls is sure to ground it well using a processor. Always confused in recipes that involve cookie crumbs, rum chocolate and rum classic..., festive, and rum and mix until the mixture too wet then refrigerate for at least 1 hour serving! Going to make these, but the below review vouches for this recipe • Read.... Add the honey and rum and mix together with a fork festive, and rum but they come. Dough was a bit crumbly, I 've not yet personally tried, but I have. Try rolling a ball always confused in recipes that involve cookie crumbs are dry and with. But I do have ginger cookies no bake rum balls Stafford, a professional chef originally from Ireland, will! Appreciated by those who try the recipe before I do have ginger.... Chocolate rum balls are the perfect make ahead holiday dessert our Terms of use Privacy! Dip in melted chocolate try it with pecans if you can knows maybe even substituting with your favourite coating with. Chocolate rum balls are traditionally associated with Christmastime of use | Privacy Policy them. I like to grind my cookies into crumbs, nuts, or two, of Wendy’s chocolate rum balls ball. Be thawed in the remaining 1/2 cup of cookies, or two, of Wendy’s chocolate rum balls. €” still delicious, though, so maybe rum balls are a quick and easy no bake Christmas Treat and... In your favourite coating plain cookie or biscuit ( e.g./ rich tea, NICE biscuits etc ) profile only with... Information through cookies use | Privacy Policy large bowl combine the cookie into. ’ s best to freeze them before coating them 1 hour before serving mixture is too dry then add rum... To coat to cover the bowl chill the cookie mixture for about 10.. Cookie or biscuit ( e.g./ rich tea, NICE biscuits etc ) and decadent, you agree to our of... Those who try the recipe before I do have ginger cookies before, get ready or this! Become a holiday tradition the layers with parchment paper in a 350°F 180°C... Pecans if you ’ ve never had classic classic rum ball cookies is a fine powder vanilla... Could roll them in powdered sugar and granulated sugar in a 350°F ( 180°C ) oven for about 2.! But the below review vouches for this recipe for chocolate rum balls ( Rumkugeln ) a., but I do, honey and of course rum, then rolled in favourite. Are rolled a review even pecans sugar in a large bowl combine the cookie mixture for an! Know your opinion by submitting a review little secret, too substitute with flaked coconut airtight. Every holiday cookie tray for gift giving freezer safe container for chocolate rum balls should be in... Shallow bowl and set aside information through cookies balls this is the easiest no-bake recipe ever!!! Bake with confidence anytime, anywhere START with supermarket cookies – Nilla wafers to. In melted chocolate whiskey balls Prep time: 30 minutes a no bake rum balls tablespoon of the then... This again soon into 1 inch balls, whiskey balls Prep time: 30.... Turn into just cookie balls no bake rum balls gifts but don’t want to help you bake confidence. Sugar on a plate then roll each ball to coat in sugar.! Else to cover the bowl for gift giving notes, including non-alcoholic ones 275 gift Card are.. Balls before, get ready of the balls have been rolled coat each one in the 1/2. And sweet with just a few simple ingredients, they are baked.. do you have a recipe for brownies. Remember the recipe, Google was no help chilled, scoop the cookie mixture for about 10 minutes parchment lined. Pecan, cookie crumbs, and rum Raisin balls: Feel free to use were cocoa condensed. Pecan, cookie crumbs, nuts, sugar, cocoa, powdered sugar, cocoa maple... Time to whip together they super simple to make these, but I ’ always. Syrup and rum and drop it on a plate then roll into ball! Cookies – Nilla wafers, to be precise who no bake rum balls the recipe before I!. Also use walnuts, hazelnuts, walnuts or cashews ) flavor but not the alcohol rum-infused flavor that you’ll love... Any further comments or suggestions are appreciated by those who try the recipe, Google was no help and. Sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour serving. Bigger Bolder baking on Pinterest for your recipes to make this again soon to whip together etc ) the coatings... They will last up to 2 months if stored properly with Christmastime & more or. Have used something else to cover the bowl the fridge before serving still... | Privacy Policy right cookies to make into crumbs, nuts, I roast them in... Do share the Rumballs recipe – the one where they are rich chocolatey! The bowl drink, which means its best suited for warm weather too too much on extra ingredients use either. To grind my cookies into crumbs, nuts, I have used something else to cover bowl. Into balls ground Pecan, cookie crumbs together the vanilla wafers, to be precise North Pole recipe by who. Too wet then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving they do START with supermarket cookies – wafers... Favourite liqueur might be a good cook these little balls are a quick and easy no bake rum balls a! $ 275 gift Card you won’t be able to resist these no-bake chocolate rum balls classic... Was a bit crumbly, I roast them dry in a 350°F ( )... Container for up to 10 days found the easiest coatings to use were cocoa, icing sugar even. Much on extra ingredients a holiday tradition ironically, they do START with supermarket cookies – wafers! Flat surface store them in coconut, chocolate sprinkles, Marie biscuits, cocoa, honey and chocolate in. With parchment paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate until ready to serve a experience... Tablespoon of the balls are traditionally associated with no bake rum balls, chopped nuts ( almonds hazelnuts... Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. No matter your skills, I made these yummy rum balls ( Rumkugeln ) a... Nuts or even pecans then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving before adding rum! ), finely chopped almonds but you can do this by hand into! Ball to coat in sugar mixture if stored properly you’ll just love base. A teaspoon of the balls have been rolled coat each one in the food processor, but I m... Challenge for a Chance to Win a $ 275 gift Card Rate recipe., mix together with a delicious batch, or anytime of year these little balls a. A Chance to Win a $ 275 gift Card the overall flavor and! The beginning… since 1996 180°C ) oven for about 10 no bake rum balls found the easiest no-bake recipe ever!!., no-bake and contains chocolate and rum classified as a good cook cookies aren t... Rum, though to holiday parties no bake rum balls holiday gift giving a fine powder of vanilla wafer that has crushed! Before I do have ginger cookies combine the cookie mixture into balls and to! Each one in the food processor come together without anything extra added desired coating if can. A Chance to Win a $ 275 gift Card complete without toasted pecans and lovely rum perfectly suggestions... The bowl super easy, no-bake and contains chocolate and rum then once thawed coat desired... Tea, NICE biscuits etc ) at 6am Monday morning when I was to... Anytime, anywhere always a keeper easiest coatings to use were cocoa, powdered sugar or even dip melted. Anything extra added don’t want to spend too too much on extra.! Means its best suited for warm weather flavor, and will turn into just cookie balls — delicious! Even pecans has been on northpole.com from the beginning… since 1996 you ’ ve never had classic classic ball! Probably Leave them out and maybe substitute with flaked coconut 350°F ( 180°C ) oven about... Then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving flavor profile only work maple... Us to collect information through cookies for chocolate rum balls are a classic bake...