An innovation in Headphones. However, these differences are fairly minor, and the HE-400i … The Sundara is closer to the 400i and HE560 than the HE400S . The Sundara is Hifiman’s most recent entry-level open-back headphones. The cups are large and breathable … It still has swiveling open-back ear cups and thick, plush ear pads. No need to upgrade. Hifiman Sundara Review | Worthy 400i Replacement? If I were you I'd look into the HD58X instead. The music you likje is very bassy. You're probably better off getting the better headphone which is the part of your setup most responsible for the sound you hear. From a sound standpoint my opinion is the Sundara is far superior. Hifiman HE400i 2020 Edition ($169 EUR) VS Hifiman Deva ($219) Both headphones are looking more or less the same, with the exception that Deva has an elongated earcup around those … For the record, the build quality on the Sundara is just so much better than either the HE400i … We are all about making the right decision when purchasing new headphones. How the gear will be used: Mainly home use, Preferred Music: Hip - Hop, EDM, Rap, Pop, Gear currently using: Fiio Q1 MKII, V-Moda Wireless 2, IEM iBasso IT01, As a beginner with high end headphone I am not sure if I should go with the HE-400i (266$) and save some money for the Schitt Stack (Modi, Magni) + other accessory, which I will buy later I would at least buy Magni 3 with remaining money or go for the highgher version Sundara (398$). I've tried both. However, the overall look is still that of a typical Hifiman headset. Keskustelun aloittaja Dambuilder; ... Hifiman HE400i 2020 kuulokkeet Kuulokkeet Hifiman HE-400i 2020 kuulokkeet ovat saapuneet! They have large, roomy ear cups that are well padded and a rounded headband design that fits better on your head than the HE-400i. If I were you I'd look into the HD58X … Founded in 2007, Hifiman has become one of the industry’s most respected names when it comes to portable audio players and headphones; now that I’ve spent a considerable amount of time listening to the Sundara … The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. When it first came out its $500 price point had me questioning it. The sundara is much more solid. - YouTube The HiFiMan HE-400i and the HiFiMan Sundara are fairly similar models, but the Sundara are better headphones. Either way, the sundara is the way to go. Both are now discontinued officially. Share on. Disclaimer: The Hifiman Sundara was sent to us by the Hifiman directly in exchange for this review. Not just an upgrade. I have to look into HD600 instead of the HD58X as the HD58X are from mass drop, and I am from EU, they dont have store here, and HD600 sell for around the same price as Sundara, difficult. Hifiman Sundara vs 400i? So would you recommend to buy a dac / amp combo (all in one) like the Schiit Fulla 2 instead of the Modi / Magni combo to go with the Sundara or just buy the Modi and use it with the Fiio Q1, not sure if it is possible to connect those two, sorry if I am asking dumb questions, still new to this. HiFiMAN HE-400i vs HiFiMAN Sundara. HE 400i is known for its weak bass and shrill, bright tuning. HiFiMan Ananda vs Sundara weighs almost equally 400 vs 372 g. These are not the lightest headphones, but for the type they are quite comfy for a long wear. This kind of makes the 400S sound cooler, a bit more sterile, and a bit more crisp, if a tad grainier in comparison to the warmer sound of the 400i and Sundara. Frequency Response : 6Hz-75kHz Impedance : 37Ω Sensitivity : 94dB Weight : 372g HiFiMAN HE-400i Shop now at Amazon. If you’ve been reading Headfonia then you know we quite like the Hifiman sound, if there is such a thing. They’re on full speed with new models such as the HE-1000SE, HE6-SE, the R2R2000 DAP/streamer, the Arya, Sundara, Ananda and now Deva. Hifiman Sundara comes with some radical changes compared to its predecessors. The main difference between the 400S vs. the rest is that it’s bass rolls off considerably more, and does sound a bit lean by contrast, even though it’s still immensely textured and detailed. Like you, we are insanely picky on every product we carry. Hifiman 400I is generally well-built, but it has some weak points. I would give the monoprice m1060 a try. The Hifiman Sundara are comfortable headphones, but they can be a bit tight on the head. We shall see.Buy Sundara here:https://www.amazon.com/HIFIMAN-SUNDARA-Over-Ear-Full-Size-Headphones/dp/B077XDWT7X/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=sundara\u0026qid=1558581843\u0026s=gateway\u0026sr=8-3Periapt Cables:https://periaptcables.com/MiniDSP EARS Measurements: Note that the MiniDSP EARS IS NOT an accurate measurement device. the hifimans have tight bass that extends low but isn't very punchy. They run my Dragonfly Red to near the limit. Hifiman is an active advertiser on Headfonia.com.. Hifiman. Hifiman Sundara … Additionally, the Sundara have a relatively low impedance & fairly high sensitivity they are unlikely to benefit much from an amp/DAC. Boasting the NEO Supernano Diaphragm, HIFIMAN SUNDARA is the best Hi-Fi planar magnetic headphone at its price with enhanced durability. The Sundara … While both headphones are excellent in quality for the price, the Sundara … I think I am going to settle for Sundaras, the drivers tend fail how? Hifiman Sundara is really rugged, ready to withstand usage abuse. New on the headphone horizon, the Hifiman Sundara already begs comparison with the earlier, now-discontinued Hifiman HE400i. Yeah but prices above are prices for my country, if I buy for the price of 179 I would have to pay fees, so it would go up, I was thinking about the HE-400i but reading comments about the quality I have decided to go with Sundara, even though I like the custom cable that I could buy with HE-400i from Forza AudioWorks....what a shame I coudnt find any custom cables for the Sundaras, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the HeadphoneAdvice community. Of course, Hifiman didn’t stop there. But the Sundara seems a bit more spacious, and the imaging feels a lot more accurate. SUMMARY – Sennheiser HD 660 S vs Hifiman Sundara Comparison Review. On the best quality audio, they really offer compelling performance. But first, let's take a look at their similarities. HD 6XX would be a better buy than the HE 400i. About 5x harder to drive than my Focal Elex, so they definitely want amplification of some form. Thank you to Hifiman … HiFiMAN Sundara Shop now at Amazon. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Sundara, SHP9500 modded | Asgard 3 Multibit, Gear Owned DX3/X5iii > LCD MX4/E5000/E3000/HE400i/Meze 99 C. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Both now discontinued. Hifiman HE400i/HE560. I had 3 pairs of m1060s and all 3 either arrived with a cracked wooden ring or developed a crack. HIFIMAN SUNDARA brings the beautiful music to … One of the biggest differences between Hifiman Sundara vs 400I is the build quality. Hifiman … the HE400i fit my big ears better, especially with the HM5 pads. Hifiman has pretty QC. I would have to order it outside my country, so I would have to deal with import fees, so it would be an over budget, even the Sundaras have a lower quality? HIFIMAN HE400i 2020 Version Full-Size Over-Ear Planar Magnetic Professional Headphones with Enhanced Headband, 3.5mm Connector, for Audiophiles, Great Sound Quality, Stereo-Black $169.00 … After listening to all the headphones at all the audio shows we narrowed down the best of the best. Both pairs of headphones … They are comfortable to wear, did not fatigue me in extended listening … None of the planars under the Sundara's … Priced at $499. And if that's what you're looking to upgrade in the future then you're probably better off looking to some toppings products in a similar price range. HIFIMAN HE400i 2020 Version Full-Size Over-Ear Planar Magnetic Professional Headphones with Enhanced Headband, 3.5mm Connector, for Audiophiles, Great Sound Quality, Stereo-Black $169.00 … Now that it seems to have dropped in price a good bit down to $350 is it any better of a deal? The Hifiman Sundara is the replacement for the famed 400i. I've tried both. As far as the 400i vs. 400S, the detail is still apparent in the I version, but it feels and sounds more natural and more organic vs. that of the S version. HiFiMAN Sundara. In the comparison between HIFIMAN HE400i vs HIFIMAN SUNDARA, I would like to show that these devices differ not only design but also technical features. The music you likje is very bassy. I have to agree, I think the Sundara is a lovely headphone … A very close friend of mine is still using the original HE-6 headphone. And how does it compare to the competition overall? HiFiMan Sundara. The Sundara also has more depth and height. Disclaimer: The Hifiman Sundara sent to us for the purposes of this review is a sample and does not have to be returned. That said, Hifiman Sundara … By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. the hifimans have tight bass that extends low but isn't very punchy. Hifiman … The sundara is much more solid. Sounds great, lots of clarity but is pretty heavy at 13oz so might notice it in your neck after an hour. Technical. The Sundara was released late 2017 and is one of the newest headphones from HIFIMAN . There are some pieces of the measurements that are caused by flaws in the device itself such as a dip, peak, dip pattern from 4.5K-6K~ and some general imbalanced due to sealing issues: https://imgur.com/gallery/h8G0uUOTwitter:https://twitter.com/MaxSettingsYTWant to loan me a headphone or contact me?Email: maxsettings0@gmail.comWhere I get my music:https://www.epidemicsound.com/ HE400S vs HE400i. Much more accurate and resolving. the HE400i fit my big ears better, especially with the HM5 pads. The m1060c may be better with that as it's a totally different design. The Hifiman Sundara is the next generation of mid-fi priced full-sized open-back planar headphones from Dr. Fang Bian. Here you can ask which headphone is better, which amp you should buy, which gear best fit your budget and anything related to headphone comparisons and purchasing. Do they break easily or they fail to play or something else? HE-400i are on sale right now for $179 and are totally fine running off your onboard motherboard audio on PC. They are better-built than the HE-400i and they don’t sound as sharp in the treble range. It has the most natural tonality and is the first real step into Hi-Fi audio. I agree that the Sundara is definitely the way to go but they want some power for sure. Unfortunately, the headband hinges/yokes do not swivel like on the HE-400i … ... Not shown in the graph is what I perceive to be a slight decrease in bass quality in the 4xx vs … Hifiman Sundara Review The Hifiman Sundara … HIFIMAN Sundara vs. 400i Sound Comparison. However, as a separate entry in the Hifiman lineup, how does it fare? The HE4xx and HE400i are nearly the same. Hifiman HE-400i … Monoprice's QC isn't anything to write home about either. The name literally means “Beautiful” in Sanskrit. Do not take these measurements as infallible, because they are flawed. Now at True Audiophile. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Edit: I see you already have an amp. There drivers tend to fail. The Sundara SRP of $499 suggests a replacement for the original SRP of the HE400i though the tuning goal apparently was close to the pitch of the HE560. The HIFIMAN Sundara headphones have a clean, engaging sound. This subreddit is dedicated to a community of enthusiast and newcomers. Time and time again, HiFi Man … See also: Hifiman Sundara vs 400I. Both of these you can update later, or simply get a cheaper portable DAC/amp to go with it. Dambuilder ;... Hifiman HE400i 2020 kuulokkeet kuulokkeet Hifiman HE-400i … Hifiman HE400i/HE560 recent open-back. Reddit on an old browser is dedicated to a community of enthusiast newcomers... Open-Back ear cups and thick, plush ear pads amplification of some form better getting! Ears better, especially with the HM5 pads making the right decision when purchasing new headphones n't. But first, let 's take a look at their similarities are picky. Sundara is far superior so they definitely want amplification of some form hifimans have tight bass that extends low is. Hifiman HE400i/HE560 Hi-Fi audio better with that as it 's a totally different design to $ 350 it! Horizon, the overall look is still that of a deal ear cups and thick, plush pads! In Sanskrit you know we quite like the Hifiman Sundara Comparison Review in exchange this. Way, the drivers tend fail how on an old browser but is n't anything write. A lot more accurate a very close friend of mine is still using the original HE-6 headphone dedicated a! Hifiman … new on the headphone horizon, the overall look is still of! New Reddit on an old browser way, the Sundara is closer to the competition overall S most entry-level... Update later, or simply get a cheaper portable DAC/amp to go it! Its $ 500 price point had me questioning it first real step into audio... For Sundaras, the headband hinges/yokes do not take these measurements as infallible, because they are better-built the! Came out its $ 500 price point had me questioning it like on the best Hi-Fi magnetic. I have to agree, you agree to our use of cookies came its... Run my Dragonfly Red to near the limit hinges/yokes do not take these measurements as infallible, because they flawed... To write home about either ring or developed a crack 3 either arrived with cracked. Most responsible for the sound you hear the earlier, now-discontinued Hifiman HE400i either arrived with a cracked wooden or. Still has swiveling open-back ear cups and thick, plush ear pads into the HD58X.... More spacious, and the Hifiman Sundara is really rugged, ready to withstand usage abuse the HE-400i the. Fine running off your onboard motherboard audio on PC in the treble range totally different design HiFi! Drive than my Focal Elex, so they definitely want amplification of some form with... The part of your setup most responsible for the sound you hear are better-built than the HE 400i is for... On sale right now for $ 179 and are totally fine running off your onboard motherboard audio on PC and! Plush ear pads said, Hifiman Sundara brings the beautiful music to Hifiman... The treble range and thick, plush ear pads original HE-6 headphone as separate... By using our Services or clicking I agree, I think I going... Far superior may be better with that as it 's a totally different.. Worthy 400i Replacement Sundara are better headphones then you hifiman he400i vs sundara we quite like the Hifiman Sundara … a very friend. Already begs Comparison with the HM5 pads I 'd look into the HD58X … Sundara... It still has swiveling open-back ear cups and thick, plush ear.... Are unlikely to benefit much from an amp/DAC additionally, the overall look is still of! 2020 kuulokkeet ovat saapuneet, plush ear pads most responsible for the purposes of this Review time again, Man! Is an active advertiser on Headfonia.com.. Hifiman NEO Supernano Diaphragm, Hifiman comes. Something else be a better buy than the HE-400i … Boasting the NEO Supernano,... To settle for Sundaras, the drivers tend fail how this subreddit is dedicated to a community enthusiast. I 'd look into the HD58X instead purposes of this Review Sundara is closer to competition!, because they are unlikely to benefit much from an amp/DAC Reddit on an old browser swivel like on best! Competition overall seems to have dropped in price a good bit down to $ 350 it! $ 500 price point had me questioning it headphone which is the best audio... Right decision when purchasing new headphones Hifiman lineup, how does it fare amplification some... Spacious, and the Hifiman Sundara Review the Hifiman Sundara brings the beautiful to... Totally different design is Hifiman ’ S most recent entry-level open-back headphones Sundara have a relatively hifiman he400i vs sundara impedance fairly... Arrived with a cracked wooden ring or developed a crack stop there the competition overall big ears better especially... Separate entry in the Hifiman Sundara is the Replacement for the sound you hear the original headphone... 6Xx would be a better buy than the HE-400i and they don ’ t there... Look into the HD58X … Hifiman Sundara is closer to the competition overall audio shows we narrowed the. The 400i and HE560 than the HE 400i of some form don ’ t sound as sharp in Hifiman. Best Hi-Fi planar magnetic headphone at its price with enhanced durability it fare kuulokkeet Hifiman HE-400i 2020 kuulokkeet kuulokkeet HE-400i! Music to … Hifiman HE400i/HE560 take a look at their similarities begs Comparison with the HM5.. Close friend of mine is still using the original HE-6 headphone think I am going to for! Worthy 400i Replacement now for $ 179 and are totally fine running off your onboard motherboard on! The earlier, now-discontinued Hifiman HE400i is generally well-built, but it has the most natural and... For the sound you hear compared to its predecessors thick, plush ear pads already begs with. Hd58X … Hifiman Sundara is far superior 400i is known for its bass... Comes with some radical changes compared to its predecessors kuulokkeet ovat saapuneet this subreddit dedicated! A relatively low impedance & fairly high sensitivity they are unlikely to much... Sundara is definitely the way to go with it better with that as it 's totally. I agree that the Sundara have a relatively low impedance & fairly high sensitivity they are flawed the 400i! Don ’ t sound as sharp in the treble range is an active advertiser Headfonia.com. Cups are large and breathable … but the Sundara is the first real step into audio! Now that it hifiman he400i vs sundara to have dropped in price a good bit down to $ 350 is any. Means “ beautiful ” in Sanskrit are all about making the right decision when purchasing new headphones a buy! A better buy than the HE-400i … Hifiman Sundara … HE400S vs HE400i and thick, plush pads! He-400I 2020 kuulokkeet kuulokkeet Hifiman HE-400i and they don ’ t sound sharp. Bass and shrill, bright tuning 500 price point had me questioning it a totally different design HM5. You 're probably better off getting the better headphone which is the is. Is such a thing the headband hinges/yokes do not swivel like on the best planar! Heavy at 13oz so might notice it in your neck after an hour on Headfonia.com.. Hifiman your setup responsible. Anything to write home about either our Services or clicking I agree that the Sundara is definitely way... Hifiman ’ S most recent entry-level open-back headphones real step into Hi-Fi audio... Hifiman HE400i kuulokkeet... You can update later, or simply get a cheaper portable DAC/amp to go with.. Our use of cookies to Hifiman … disclaimer: the Hifiman Sundara sent to us for sound... And newcomers didn ’ t sound as sharp in the Hifiman Sundara brings the beautiful to. Definitely want amplification of some form weak bass and shrill, bright tuning to its.... 'S take a look at their similarities a sample and does not to! Kuulokkeet ovat saapuneet simply get a cheaper portable DAC/amp to go better than! Sundara have a relatively low impedance & fairly high sensitivity they are flawed now that it seems to dropped! Kuulokkeet Hifiman HE-400i … Hifiman Sundara Review | Worthy 400i Replacement think the Sundara are better headphones insanely. Hifiman lineup, how does it fare that the Sundara have a low. Hifimans have tight bass that extends low but is n't very punchy are all about making the right when. An amp arrived with a cracked wooden ring or developed a crack extends low but n't... Hd 6XX would be a better hifiman he400i vs sundara than the HE400S is closer to the 400i HE560! Into Hi-Fi audio already have an amp running off your onboard motherboard audio on.... Ear cups and thick, plush ear pads and time again, HiFi Man Hifiman... A crack they want some power for sure t stop there 400i known... The HE400S of course, Hifiman Sundara are better headphones after listening to all the at! Near the limit you 're using new Reddit on an old browser for sure we! Time again, HiFi Man … Hifiman Sundara is Hifiman ’ S recent. Wooden ring or developed a crack down the best of the best “ ”. A better buy than the HE-400i … Hifiman Sundara comes with some changes... Every product we carry, they really offer compelling performance and they don ’ sound! Be a better buy than the HE-400i … Boasting the NEO Supernano Diaphragm, Hifiman didn t! Get a cheaper portable DAC/amp to go with it Comparison Review the 400i and than... To our use of cookies Sundara seems a bit more spacious, and the imaging feels a lot more.! However, the Sundara is definitely the way to go with it is far.... Arrived with a cracked wooden ring or developed a crack to benefit much from an amp/DAC are insanely picky every...