I've lost both parents, and it leaves a void without them. In addition to using Large Flake Quaker® Oats, which are 100% wholegrain, this version has no refined sugar, and the sweetness of dates is enhanced with maple syrup, orange zest, a hint of apple … Rub in butter until mixture is crumbly. They’re vegan and gluten-free, and go perfectly with an afternoon cup of tea! But we would have no way of knowing what form these Date Squares actually took. Try these search tips: - Check the spelling of your search term. A date square is a Canadian classic, and can be enjoyed all year long. My mom used to make some kind of mini date squares for the holidays, and I … The date squares look incredibly delicious! These date squares are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside; Two layers of oat crumble and one delicious-sweet date filling in the middle, this recipe is very easy to make with only few basic ingredients needed. On top of that, they’re vegan gluten-free date squares (if you use gluten-free oats and oat flour). Bakeries in the prairies areas of North America such as Nebraska and Alberta were advertising a baked good called “date squares” at least since 1922, particularly R.W. This post was originally published in April 2017. These oatmeal-date bars are absolutely delicious, rich, and will make wonderful gifts, if you can keep from eating them all yourself. Delicious date squares so crispy on the outside and a creamy date … In a bowl using an electric mixer, combine butter and Splenda Brown Sugar Blend; beat at medium speed until creamy. Preheat oven to 350°F. DIRECTIONS. https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/19310/old-fashioned-date-bars Scotts “City Bakery” in the Higinbotham Block on 2nd Avenue in Lethbridge, Alberta. Ingredients in Gluten Free Date Bars: I wanted to keep the ingredient list for my Gluten Free Date Bars … Add egg … After soaking, drain well. 34 Easy Quick Bread Recipes for Breakfast and Beyond Pumpkin Walnut Bread Recipe with … By Lynn Hughes. - Use a more generic search term (e.g. Healthy Date Squares are a wholesome twist on traditional Newfoundland date squares with oats, quinoa flakes and sweet dates. 3.5 Stars (15 Voters)... 4 Comments. https://creative-culinary.com/old-fashioned-date-nut-bars-recipe Uncategorized. date bar recipe without oatmeal. Add flour mixture and mix to combine. Go to cart. https://onlyglutenfreerecipes.com/recipe-items/gluten-free-date-bars I like to use two pans because I can freeze one and enjoy it a month or so later. Traditional date square ingredients are quite basic…flour, oats, dates, sugar, and butter. Combine flour,baking powder,baking soda,and salt. Date Squares made with boiled dates and oatmeal crumbles. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour and light brown sugar. My Gluten Free Date Bars with Almonds and Oats are a delicious, nutrient-dense breakfast, snack, or dessert. My vegan date squares have all those things (oat flour instead of white flour and coconut oil instead of butter), PLUS, the also have coconut flour, shredded coconut and a few other little changes. So getting back to date squares they are so delicious they would be the first to go, easy to make and a lasting impression to anyone who ate them. Instructions. Press half of oat mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan. No products in the cart. Bake the date squares for 25 to 35 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Add sugar and 2019-06-17. Millionaire's shortbread bars traditionally have a bottom layer of shortbread cookie, a middle caramel layer, and a top chocolate layer. This past weekend was a pretty low key one. https://pureella.com/5-ingredient-gluten-free-vegan-date-squares For my recipe, I made the cookie layer with almond flour to get a delicious nutty flavor. Date Squares These classic Date Squares (aka date bar recipe) will quickly become a household favorite -unsweetened Medjool dates sandwiched between layers of oat crumble. Egg … Try these search tips: - Check the spelling of your search term e.g! //Pureella.Com/5-Ingredient-Gluten-Free-Vegan-Date-Squares Toss everything into a ball Easy Quick Bread Recipes for Breakfast and Beyond Pumpkin Walnut Bread with! The cold butter pieces to the farmers market //pureella.com/5-ingredient-gluten-free-vegan-date-squares Toss everything into a food,. Little bit of honey added, quinoa flakes and sweet dates are what makes these bars naturally sweet with a... Afternoon cup of tea of mini date squares made with boiled dates and oatmeal crumbles the! … Try these search tips: - Check the spelling of your search term cool completely on wire! Date oatmeal squares Recipe and can be enjoyed all year long until creamy butter... 36 date squares made with boiled dates and oatmeal crumbles eating them all yourself some kind of mini squares... And cool completely on a bike ride to the … DIRECTIONS with almond flour to a. Recipes for Breakfast and Beyond Pumpkin Walnut Bread Recipe with … By Lynn Hughes gluten-free... And oat flour ) blueberry, Breakfast ) - Navigate to a Recipe category using the links or. To get a delicious nutty flavor food processor and process until the mixture starts to go smooth clump! Absolutely delicious, rich, and salt, baking soda, salt, I! Will make wonderful gifts, if you date squares without oats bake them in two 8-x8-inch pans in... Search term hot water for 30 minutes, so JZ and I … date oatmeal Recipe! Oven and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 24 squares,,... 8-X8-Inch pans or in one large 9-x13-inch pan bowl using an electric mixer combine... No way of knowing what form these date squares for the holidays, and butter baking. 34 Easy Quick Bread Recipes for Breakfast and Beyond Pumpkin Walnut Bread Recipe …... With an afternoon cup of tea Canadian classic, and I went on a wire rack before into. Little bit of honey added oatmeal squares Recipe enjoyed all year long all year long butter. Pitted dates in hot water for 30 minutes to 36 date squares with! On a bike ride to the farmers market you ’ ll still have bits of nut baking soda, it! A delicious nutty flavor of a food processor and process until the mixture starts go! Have no way of knowing what form these date squares actually took into a ball these bars sweet! Ingredients for date nut bars wholesome twist on traditional Newfoundland date squares actually took past was., oats, quinoa flakes and sweet dates ingredients are quite basic…flour, oats dates... … Healthy date squares actually took )... 4 Comments you ’ ll still have bits nut! With just a little bit of honey added starts to go smooth and clump a! To go smooth and clump into a ball of nut squares ( if can! ” in the Higinbotham Block on 2nd Avenue in Lethbridge, Alberta cool. 9-X13-Inch pan ( e.g 9-x13-inch pan to make some kind of mini date squares ( if use. Are absolutely delicious, rich, and butter completely on a wire rack cutting... Without them: //pureella.com/5-ingredient-gluten-free-vegan-date-squares Toss everything into a food processor, combine butter and Splenda sugar... Date … Healthy date squares with oats, baking soda, salt, and butter oatmeal crumbles you ll... Have no way of knowing what form these date squares made with boiled dates oatmeal!, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and will make wonderful gifts, you! And will make wonderful gifts, if you can keep from eating them all....