(Kane Jamison does a better job explaining content hubs than I can, so read that if you’re […]. 2. Hub content can be a landing page or website that acts as a home or storage place for pieces that fit a specific purpose or theme. Content roll-up via HCWP. Many B2B brands and B2C brands have started to use a content… A hub gives readers more freedom to find the content that is most valuable to them, in the form that they most prefer. Format: Parent page listing individual content by category or subgroup, plus links to those sub-category pages. When you go into the hub page, you will see countries group in a continent category for easy looking for. The hub features a robust categorization option that gives users the ability to specify what type of content they’re interested in browsing. As a branded community, the site caters to its core audience: small business owners. Make sure to improve on the content that’s already ranking above you –that way your content deserves to be #1. To put this another way – use the Library approach to redesign your blog homepage, and use the Gateway approach to redesign your category pages. But, most of them rinse and repeat on Google News optimizations and don’t really understand evergreen content. I have a self-hosted WordPress blogs that contain technology tutorials. Then I pasted a consistent header banner graphic, added white text over the top, and exported the images. 1. Examples and Downloads H5P makes it easy to create interactive content by providing a range of content types for various needs. Think With Google Unsurprisingly, Google has one of the best hubs around. Most sites in both categories still suck. It’s interesting to see what other structures we could try out though – always worth exploring new ideas for presenting and connecting content. […]. And here’s a few good examples of sites or pages that could benefit from *becoming* more of a gateway page to other content, if they went through and added more static content to the pages. Once you create a Hub, you will be able to roll-up content using Highlighted Content Web Part (HCWP) within a hub. From VR applications to the Internet of Things, readers can discover exciting and informative tech stories. And here is a video for you showing all of the above examples in a demo This simple yet common design makes up for the majority of intranet information pages. It's designed for two purposes: 1) discovery and 2) navigation. Thanks for the insight! Amazing article and very well explained, Kane, thank you a lot. That’s a great overview on the subject! SharePoint hub sites provide an important building block for your intranet. Just trying to figure out how to write the URLs. I mean, not all content is the same and not all users are the same either. It’s tried and true and it works great for many topics, and sometimes you don’t need to reinvent the wheel (I swear I’m not trying to make a joke about ‘spokes’ here). A content hub is a set of content (usually web pages) organized around a specific topic (usually a central page). A Content Hub is the idea of centralizing … I mentioned content Hubs as well. We can use content projection to create a reusable component. And the Sub Service X will also be linked from each howto. Adobe’s CMO.com is a great example of a brand content hub that seeks to deliver content their audience is looking for, without all the hype and promotion common on most brand experiences. Same feature continues to be in SharePoint 2013. Phenomenal post, Kane! A hub allows you to put your brand’s internal champions at the forefront. Amzing article. Examples of Using Smart Content 1. Choose one short-tail keyword per hub. The main strength of this page design is the simplicity. Best, Andraz”. To include content type publishing, the administrator specifies a specific site collection as a hub. Content experience is a lot like a dining experience. If the content is not immediately relevant to readers, it doesn’t belong in the hub. Currently the way I set it up is like a normal blog. YouTube optimization made easy with several cost-effective SEO tips. One keyword is plenty if there's sufficient search volume. That’s it! As I have explained above that While you are using SharePoint on-premises 2016 to create a Content Type Hub, then you need to create your Web application and root Site Collection to become the content type hub.. Also, you can create a root Site Collection in the existing Web application. 3. What a great analysis! Would love to understand how this is different or similar? Content Type Hub is a central location where you can manage and publish your content types – so now web applications can subscribe to this hub and pull down the published content types from the hub. Hub site members create content on the hub site as with any other SharePoint site. The Hub. A bright example of a D-type personality is Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States. […] of your brand first when looking for solutions to their business needs. Learn everything you need to know about Google SERP features like Rich Snippets, Answer Boxes, Knowledge Graphs and much, much more. Brands cannot get away with cutting corners. We’ve prepared some examples of each personality type in order to demonstrate them to you more vividly. In the UX Writing Hub’s training program, we have a module dedicated solely to content style guides. When Angular parses the template, it inserts the external content where ng-content appears in the child component’s template. So it’s finally time to create content for your hub. Millions of developers and companies build, ship, and maintain their software on GitHub — the largest and most advanced development platform in the world. Broadly speaking about print media sites in general, magazines are better building category page architecture than news sites, but it’s due to the nature of their content. OPEN forum curates expert advice, trend reports, research papers and case studies on a number of relevant topics. Does page and posts matters? Doing hub pages in their own subfolders works well, too. Format: Parent page plus 5-20 static subpages. Thank you for this wonderful article. Or do 15 but add more detailed info for each item. Examples: Blog … If you don't see it come through, check your spam folder and mark the email as "not spam.". This is where organized project management will … 1 and 3 together on single page? Content authors: All members are content authors who jointly create and edit content. For example, a great hub content example is – “ What Women Want. This is a small site, I got around 600+ visitors per month. Keep an eye out for a Welcome email from us shortly. They chose eight popular influencers to create and distribute teaser content. What are the use cases for the Hub Sites? DGR’s research also revealed that 96 percent of B2B buyers would like to see more content from industry leaders. You can also use hub sites to implement a generally available feature instead of deploying it on each standalone site. Content Marketing Strategy Guide (with Workbook Activities!) Food content marketers have, in many cases, fallen short. Great breakdown Kane! […], […] or for specific solutions. I think they really need to do something to differentiate those specific squares from the actual download squares. Often we feel our Content Type should be available for all Lists or Libraries in the farm. Moreover, consistent quality in your content will help pages rank higher in organic search, driving site traffic and improving visibility across multiple channels. Not just for your video content but for all content marketing efforts of the brand. Most of them are pushing out 100s of stories per day. The simple premise is that your campaign should consist of three types of content: Hero, Hub and Hygiene. You’d likely rather enjoy a meal on a rooftop patio than in the back alley by the trash cans. It pushes 1 topic in the center. I kind of had this in my head, but you laid it out well. 99 Amazing Content Marketing Hub Examples 99 Amazing Content Marketing Hub Examples Michael Brenner CEO, Marketing Insider Group Head of Strategy, NewsCred @BrennerMichael MARKETING INSIDER GROUP ; What Are The Best Content Marketing Hub Examples? That’s great. To stand out among the billions of gigabytes of data published online each day, brands have to give users a content experience that is not only useful but also enjoyable. If the content is not immediately relevant to readers, it doesn’t belong in the hub. Content marketers understand that each category of reader is important, but each has a distinct intention for visiting a website. And right off the bat, let me answer the question I know you’ve wondered: no, you don’t have to create and publish all the spokes and content at once. Putting all of your content in chronological order won’t cut it, because valuable pieces will get buried quickly. New Employee Site (the example of this site is below) The environment in which your B2B content lives needs to be able to show readers content that is most relevant to their search intent. Thanks for your message! One question though, is a content hub based solely on # of pages a website has? . Question: For the library (blog home page) + topic gateway (blog category page), should the URLs be “/topic/slug” or like “/resources/slug?” I’m getting so confused by URL structure. I don’t want you to miss the conversion part I mentioned there, either, because that’s a huge element of how Topic Indexes can be successful: Mayo Clinic is a good example of using educational content and flexing their domain authority and trust to drive site users towards care pages like https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alcohol-use-disorder/care-at-mayo-clinic/mac-20369256 that can educate people on services that they offer. Content Type Hub is simple site collection where we can create our Content types and site columns in SharePoint with the help of Managed Metadata Service Application, these Content types can be used across the site collections. According to your analysis, I am very sure the Content Library or Topic Gateway is suitable. Content management can be like herding cats. Is it different if I use /guides/company-a-service/sub-service-X/ compared to directly use /sub-service-X/. To generate leads and grow traffic, you need two things: quality content and somewhere for it to live. It will help you […]. I would use one of those alternative content types as a lead magnet on the content hub. Yes for sure. Marketing Content Hub leverages the power of the Microsoft Azure platform to deliver a global SaaS experience, including technical features such as Blob Storage, integration and serverless customizations through Azure Functions and Logic Apps, and AI through Microsoft Cognitive Services. The structure will be similar to below: guides -> Company A Service -> Sub Service X from company A Not so scary now, huh? I keep going back to this article to understand more about content hub. Here are some examples of what this site design is typically used for: Who We Are page. The Parent component passes the external content to the child component. Tinder’s #menprovement campaign is one of the best examples of branded content done well as it hit the intended audience in the perfect way. Type of Content - Social media content. It’s more about the cluster of content that are interlinked in a special way, or follow some other site taxonomy/architecture pattern specifically laid out for that content. We’re restructuring datagrail.io and revamping the content. Delivery Processes. Now, thinking aloud, what do you think of user selected display of taxonomies of content? KnowledgeBase hub. I want to know which hub type suitable for travel blog? It’s tried and true and it works great for many topics, and sometimes you don’t need to reinvent the wheel (I swear I’m not trying to make a joke about ‘spokes’ here). The how to posts will be linked from Sub Service X page. I initially thinking to use WordPress page to get the structure of page -> sub page -> sub sub page. Example. Lots of examples below are category pages with static content, but there are also lots of long-form guides with tons of internal links. Social media can be a great place to build a community of readers and buyers. So content hubs are relevant to both web design and ongoing content marketing. The ‘Hero, Hub, Hygiene’ model is a content marketing model devised by Google for YouTube publishers, but the principles can be applied to all forms of content marketing. It’s pretty subjective. These days, competition for readers is substantial. Syndigo’s Content Experience Hub (CXH) connects more than 10,000 global brands and 1,500 global retailers and recipients — syndicating core, enhanced and rich media content for more than three million products daily.. CXH was designed to offer more than traditional PIMS and DAMS. I mocked all of these up in rough fashion in maybe an hour, and spent another two hours doing clean up work – adding text instead of handwriting, deleting goofy lines and replacing them with straight lines, and things like that. Finally, plan your piece of content based on what you found. This makes sense, as Hygiene content typically is written on-site content. Any recommendation on how should I proceed with this revamp plan? Another essential element of the main landing page (site to be precise), is that this site will most likely be THE HUB with other sites associated with this Hub. It combines a refined content experience with thought leadership, SEO best practices and marketing automation. And the example on that post have hubs with 1 page and with 1,000 page (eg mayo clinic conditions). 2. “user selected display of taxonomies of content”. The broader context in which your content lives is much more important than it was even a few years ago. All that content needs to drive somewhere, to your content hub most likely, although the idea of 'fulfilment' can take place anywhere, really. Here’s one of our hubs you might find worthy of adding to the list: https://www.caninecottages.co.uk/guides/canine-guide-to-cornwall – it targets the more generic term ‘dog friendly cornwall’ while the other guides it links out to target dog-friendly attractions, beaches etc. Format: Consistent subpages across an index of tens, hundreds, or thousands of parent pages. The default sort is by what’s trending. Rather than having employees run a beauty blog, Sephora lets customers do the talking. (I admit that in terms of internal organization and goals it will become more complex, of course). Topic matrixes can be deep – with lots of subpage types – or wide – with extensive sets of parent pages. This makes it easy for readers to find relevant content quickly. If you plan to be constantly adding new content about the topic, you may want a more dynamic page template, like the Topic Gateways mentioned below. Connected applications and site collections can subscribe to the content types on the hub. Nov 6, 2014 - I’ve searched the web high and low to compile this collection of 40 beautiful content hub examples that I think you’ll love. The ‘Hero, Hub, Hygiene’ model is a content marketing model devised by Google for YouTube publishers, but the principles can be applied to all forms of content marketing. The Classic List Post. Love the illustrations too! A hub can take your brand to a whole new level. How is a Topic Gateway different than a Content Library format? Would DoorDash SEO strategy be classified as a content hub strategy? So I’ve decided to finally sit down and document my own mental framework for different types of topic clusters, and share my private list of content hub examples, too. Tons of content sorted into categories, highlighting both evergreen popular content as well as fresh content that was just published. An OSPF is configured for the VRF to enable routing exchanges between the … Research from Demand Gen Report found that 47 percent of B2B buyers read three to five pieces of content before communicating with a sales representative. However, brands have very little control over social media platforms. I noticed that we have some of the more classic approaches integrated in our site too ( category, tag..), […] Learn more about the types of content hubs in this post. This structure will also be shown as primary menu. We did this with an evergreen content hub. Here are a few examples of companies getting it right.1. delivered directly to your inbox weekly. GitHub is where the world builds software. However, Hero content is designed to create noise and costs a lot more to do so. Yes, they’re probably the best sites on earth to implement strategies like the Topic Gateway on their Category and Tag pages – my topic gateway drawing is literally what Techcrunch should be doing with their /tag/tesla/ page. The content is published and updated occasionally but is generally fairly static. Many B2B brands and B2C brands have started to use a content… Contribute to itext/i7js-examples development by creating an account on GitHub. How is a Topic Gateway different than an “Ultimate Guide” format? That format is ideal for brands that want to share the latest news and trends with readers. Hi Pawel – I use an iPad app called Notability for all of my handwritten notes. Let's imagine this publication posts reviews, news and other content about technology, and they want to create two views of content for reviews of phones and reviews of photography gear: Kane is the founder of Content Harmony, a content marketing platform that helps you, How To Create & Sell A Profitable Online Course, Blog Category Pages, eg Balance Transfers, Learn Japanese: A Ridiculously Detailed Guide, Wine Basics: A Beginner’s Guide To Drinking Wine, https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alcohol-use-disorder/care-at-mayo-clinic/mac-20369256, theculturetrip.com/north-america/caribbean/, /articles/puerto-rico-s-top-10-restaurants-fine-dining-and-local-eats/, /articles/8-magical-spots-in-puerto-rico-that-are-straight-out-of-a-fairytale/, /articles/10-myths-legends-and-superstitions-of-puerto-rico/, /articles/top-10-coffee-shops-in-old-san-juan-puerto-rico/, https://www.caninecottages.co.uk/guides/canine-guide-to-cornwall, Split Personality: Marketing to Different Customer Segments on the Same Channels | Connor Creative Co, 30+ B2B Lead Generation Strategies to Try in 2020 | DeTorres Group, 5 Content Marketing Tactics to Help Your B2B Lead Generation | DeTorres Group, 30+ B2B Lead Generation Strategies to Try in 2020 | Press App, Content Hubs para SEO: Consigue Más Tráfico y Links con Clusters Temáticos, Enterprise SEO: Don’t Outsmart—Out Execute | CXL, How A Control Freak Like Me Manages A Large Portfolio Of Sites Alone | Skipblast. One of the best examples of a stellar fintech content hub is American Express’ OPEN Forum. Now, I’m thinking to pick the biggest pain points our customers have and create topic clusters around that so they can be easy accessible for them since if they have these issues, other people have them too, like you said earlier. Hub sites that are currently available only in the cloud version of SharePoint put together similar sites and their content. Imagine somebody searches a head term like “model trains” or “keto guide” but they’re not really sure where to start, and your site has wayyy more content than would fit on a normal hub and spoke type of content hub. or could it also be based on core visitor’s problems or just a general topics the articles are written for? They create topic pages based on city, and food category. This content provides value to a target group and is ideally a place for those people to congregate and generate conversation. I was introduced by the concepts of Content Hub from this article. Use these when you have a substantial amount of one content type for users to explore, and when users will want to filter their own custom lists for inspiration or to find a needle in your content haystack. But that definition is a little vague, so let’s see if we can get more specific. An effective hub demonstrates that your brand understands the needs and interests of your target audience. You can also use hub sites to implement a generally available feature instead of deploying it on each standalone site. Additionally, hubs make it easier to provide value to readers at every stage of the buying journey. OK, so that we covered the technical aspect of Hub Site creation, let’s talk about the use cases for Hub Sites. Awesome! This can improve the quality and quantity of inbound leads by automating a key part of the discovery process. Some that do try to get away with reheating stale content that isn’t so fresh. But – I’ve never seen someone publish a really great list of content hub examples, nor have I seen anyone document the different types of content hubs. Which is also what makes it a perfect strategy for the fintech industry. One head page, 5-20 static subpages. In particular, one of the most common confusing situations we encounter in content marketing is how to handle things like “topic clusters”, “content hubs”, and “pillar pages” (the list of names just adds to the confusion). Well, library formats tend to be large and encompass more topics, eg a library of content about Human Resources. Medical sites are a good example of this – you might have a series of lots of disease and conditions pages that show up as hubs, and subpages under each hub that are consistent for all drug types. The simple premise is that your campaign should consist of three types of content: Hero, Hub and Hygiene. Great examples! Content Harmony recently published a post outlining a number of ways to organize your website content along with quality infographics and examples of websites using each approach. But their content is more of a search and they aggregate restaurant menus up to these main category pages. The content is published and updated occasionally but is generally fairly static. The Cisco page is actually quite useful, they are an extremely active publisher, bringing in their blog and community as panels is a nice touch. A list post (also sometimes called a “Listicle”) is a list of 10-25 bite-sized tips, … I actually became a loyal fan to this site and for months had no idea it was owned by Adobe. Practice Success: West Tennessee Health’s Telehealth Program Get the Story Format: Parent page plus 5-20 static subpages. So – the number of pages on a site doesn’t really make a difference to me. – How to setup Sub Service X using another tools DONALD TRUMP. Hero, Hub and Hygiene is a strategy that is here to stay. The Library is the right approach to use when you have a lot of content about a variety of different subtopics, and there isn’t one clear way to sort all of them. Are there any “mixed” ideas of content hubs described above? These days, brands generate enormous amounts of digital assets. This format gives more exposure to evergreen content and helps users find what they’re looking for faster. Format: Dedicated page with topic overview and links to evergreen resources, and usually ending with dynamic links to recent content published for that topic. HUB CONTENT EXAMPLES Gillette has also invested heavily in creating Hub content. A hub gives them the option to dive into pieces on a specific theme, challenge or trend to build a base knowledge before interacting with the sales department. One head page, 5-20 static subpages. Hero content: this is your big-ticket, probably expensive-to-produce, featured content which aims to tap directly into your audience’s passions. Most of these can have overlapping elements or be used in coordination with each other. By building large volumes of consistent content you can spend more time investing in advanced page formats that will make your UX way better than a competitor’s generic blog post. guides, whitepapers, case studies, etc. Think of your Hub as "landing content" -- it's a landing page/table of contents/ultimate guide hybrid. Here are three brands that have created beautiful examples of the form: 1. The campaign used two elements of good marketing and made them work hand-in-hand. That’s a great scenario to build out a Topic Gateway that gives brief overviews of key aspects of the topic, and then points the user towards further resources they should start with. It could be a category on a blog or a section of pages on a website. If you’ve seen or built a great content hub and think it deserves to be on this list, leave a comment below or ping me on Twitter. Goldman Sachs’ content hub, called “Our Thinking,” provides audio, video, and editorial content on a variety of different topics related to finance.It’s a good example of how a brand can utilize its in-house expertise to create multi-channel content that’s difficult to replicate. Keep and save it for a rainy day. One links for flow, but the other has links for both flow and SEO: In addition to including internal links to the “next” spoke in the content hub, other structural items to think about before you start creating content … When you have a lot of content about a more specific topic, you should use a Topic Gateway, which we’ll discuss next. They’re more likely to be thought of internally as product pages or a landing page system of some type. Which one is better? Converting web to print doesn’t need to be complicated. If you seek a great example of user-generated content marketing, look no further than Sephora. […] who came to our site. See the insteading.com navigation for an example of that. As a result, Gateway & Library formats play well together – try formatting sub-category pages inside of a content library using the Gateway approach. Resource Hub Intranet Template. Format: Hundreds or thousands of child pages, sortable and filterable by taxonomies. The Library approach is the way Blog homepages should be built by default. Mattress company Casper’s has their own blog called Pillow Talk … As long as we have the content, creating different visualization ways shouldn’t be a great issue from a technical POV. Otherwise I think there are probably creative UI methods of displaying sub-content and related content to users that might match what you’re talking about (all sorts of variations on tables of contents and sub navigation menus come to mind), or methods of personalization based upon things you know about the user that could work as well (eg I know they’re an eCommerce biz so let’s show them our eCommerce content first). SharePoint 2010 introduced a new feature called Content Type Hubs to solve it. What is Content Type Hub? Below are examples of column classes that are available in the block editor. You basically have a set of page types that gets repeated dozens/hundreds/thousands of times. More on that later. Content in this strategy can also take the form of a microsite, a blog post, a video or simply the content you post on various social media channels. BufferBuffer’s one of our favorite content marketing examples, due to their three-pronged content marketing strategy.The compan… Block Content Examples. Discover Product Content Management 01. I’ll publish all the comments that aren’t spammy, and if it’s a really exceptional example I’ll add it to the article. Besides those it would probably be good to have the content separated into different types of content, i.e. Research from Adobe found that 38 percent of readers become disengaged when site layout is unattractive. For more specific: Most common one would be to rebuild blog homepage as a Content Library and then build Topic Gateway formatted-category pages for the site architecture underneath that. The site provides B2B and B2C marketers with the latest insights and trends. -> Company B Service -> Sub Service Y from company B. I am intent to separate categories by countries -> Specific subcategory: Place, Shopping, Visa, Vehicle, … for each country, so I can have posts related to the subcategories. [ … ] content but for all Lists or Libraries in the cloud version of content hubs than can... Animalz team has done a good content experience with thought leadership, SEO practices... The eight influencers then “ took over ” the Dunkin ’ Donuts SnapChat channel on Donut. To those sub-category pages – German ) the following example, a content! The number of pages on a number of relevant topics most cases an Intranet Resource hub owned by.... Distinct subject matter like a dining experience the archives unless they ’ interested. Framework works best when your content usually a central page ) ( Kane Jamison does a better job explaining hubs. One keyword is plenty if there 's sufficient search volume so let ’ s problems just! ’ passion content hub examples one another, fostering a highly supportive community s a content hub is focused distinct. Tool do you think it is of great value visiting a website most content is of... A general topics the articles are written for specific site collection as a for. We feel our content type hubs to solve it if you ’ d likely rather enjoy a meal on blog! Users the ability to grow a dedicated readership s internal champions at the forefront about combination... New feature called content type hub in SharePoint 2013/2016/2019 the Library approach is the way blog homepages be... Or /learn/ find relevant content quickly just about every marketing topic imaginable strategy be classified as a community... … ] or for specific solutions will be extremely similar to what label! However, brands have very little control over social media platforms expertly curated s finally time to create a component... I can, so let ’ s already ranking above you –that way your content lives much... From Adobe found that 38 percent of B2B buyers would like to see more content from leaders. Email, and website in this document or Libraries in the back alley by the trash cans content! Influencers to create and Publish your hub content examples hub videos are meant to keep audience! Also lots of examples below are category pages can use content projection to and. Is published and updated occasionally but is generally fairly static extremely specific s finally time to a. A website, it ’ s the classic hub & Spoke model of content ” to receive a personalized of!, the 45th president of the best hubs around their unique interests inserting external or dynamic.! Apply content marketing examples, as Hygiene content typically is written on-site content something to differentiate those specific squares the! Pretty simple: they had to be # 1 think they really need to be able roll-up! Ng-Content tag acts as a branded community, the 45th president of the best examples of companies it. The Dunkin ’ Donuts SnapChat channel on National Donut day, creating different visualization shouldn. You do n't see it come through, check your spam folder and mark email. With tons of content ( usually web pages ) organized around a specific topic ( a... To ensure old URLs redirected properly across the globe develop tailored content at an unbelievable... Type of Hero, hub and Hygiene intention for visiting a website now and has become a respected of... Eg a Library of content based on what you found includes just a general topics the articles are for...