These simple stretches reduce muscle tension and stiffness, Tipping etiquette for all the important people who take care of you, Expert tips to improve your skin complexion and texture, All products and services featured are selected by our editors. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Wrap them in wax paper and chill them for an hour. Then I rolled out the second rectangle, peeled the wax paper off the top, inverted that onto the other sugared half and then peeled off the wax paper from the top and added the remaining sugar/cinnamon. PINWHEEL COOKIES. Sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Brush dough with melted butter. It has been one heck of a cookie party in my corner of the internet this year! Two natural pantry items will have it looking brand new! sharetherecipe.com/Cookies/Cinnamon-Sugar-Pinwheel-Cookies/182 How to Make Cinnamon Pinwheels . It was a subtle flavor, almost like a shortbread, but good. Add brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, vanilla and egg. These pinwheel cookies have a delightful old fashioned look that is totally cute but very tasty, too! They do NOT look ANYTHING like the picture, but I have to confess, they are delicious. Did the successful bakers sift the flour? Brian Premo 499 views. These were a disaster for me. Our recipe makes a full batch of nearly 5-dozen delicious pinwheel cookies from scratch, using simple steps that are easier to follow than most recipes, although it does require a bit of patience. Shape the cookie dough. Ingredients: 5 (flour.. milk.. salt...) 2. The dough was way too brittle after I chilled it, and it just crumbled when I tried to slice it (mistake 2). Step 1. Poorly done. They look like Dr. Seuss made them (or perhaps a three-year-old child), but they taste fantastic. Real Simple may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on Sprinkle with half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture. A little more work than some, but well worth the effort. 4. These cookies are prepared just like cinnamon rolls, but without the yeast, dough rising, and all that razzmatazz. sprinkle the rolling board lightly with flour and the rolling pin too. It was almost as if there was too much flour - but I was very careful and did not use too much when rolling out. Roll other half of dough into a 20 x7 inch rectangle. They were easy to make and turned out fantastic - wonderfully flaky without being too buttery just the right amount of sweetness. Step-by-Step . We’ll use my favorite recipe for sugar cookies. Thanks for the recipe! Using a sharp knife slice the pinwheels between 1-2 cm thick and place in the prepared dish. Using a sharp knife slice the pinwheels between 1-2 cm thick and place in the prepared dish. mix was for both halves of the dough and used it all on the first half. Add egg yolks and yeast mixture to flour mixture, combine until it forms a dough. DATE PINWHEELS COOKIES. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Roll carefully and tightly, and seal the edge with a little of the left over mixture. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 48 hours. Minnie's pinwheels seem to be a favorite with this group. this website. Slice ¼ inch thick. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.... and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon together and sprinkle over dough.... 12 slices. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Super Easy Pie Crust Cinnamon Rolls - Duration: 9:43. Cinnamon Pinwheels | Snack Time | Easy Recipe - Duration: 4:11. This will thin it out a bit. Chilled again and then sliced. Then I peeled the top layer off, added half the cinnamon/ sugar. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Cut butter or margarine into flour with pastry blender. If you’ve already made them, you’re a pro. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Tips & Techniques Pistachio Pinwheels: Prepare Cinnamon Pinwheels as above, but substitute 1 1/4 teaspoons almond extract for vanilla, 1/2 cup shelled pistachios (about 4 … Combine dry ingredients. What a mess - the dough was impossible to work with. Sprinkle with … Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Slowly start to roll the pastry from the end nearest you. Allow cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter to soften, then blend together. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter/margarine and flour until mixture is a sandy texture. cinnamon 1/2 c. raisins 2 tbsp. © Copyright 2020, An Easy Lights-Per-Foot Christmas Tree Guide, 10 Virtual Games to Play When You Can't Be Together, The Easiest Way to Clean A Grimy Glass Oven Door, Easy Homemade Carpet Cleaners to Tackle Every Stain, 6 Stretching Exercises to Help Your Whole Body, The Ultimate Holiday Tipping Checklist (and How Much to Give), 14 Great Christmas Movies You Can Watch Right Now on Netflix. and to roll up I used a metal food scrapper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sprinkle working surface with flour. These turned out beatifully and tasted great. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and remove from the oven. www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2015/...cinnamon-sugar-pie-crust-cookies.html Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Brush the sheet with butter, then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mix evenly on top. Cinnamon … It was a hit with us and well worth the effort. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Even though these were terribly difficult to roll out, I baked my misshapen cookies anyway. When I baked them they did not look like the picture. Only thing that I do different is before baking I dredge the cookies in a cinnamon sugar mixture and then place a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with Reynolds Kitchens ® Parchment Paper. Lay out puff pastry sheet on a clean and flat surface. On a floured surface, roll each piece into an 8-by-12-inch rectangle. Preheat the oven to 425. Cinnamon-Sour Cream Pinwheels My grandmother would make these for holidays and special occasions. Roll out one pie crust and using a rolling pin roll out the pie crust a little more. I made the following changes & the dough turned out much more manageable: Preheat oven to 400* roll out pie crust on a lightly floured surface spread 1/2 a stick of butter on each pie crust Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the crust Roll up the crust, folding in the sides as you go Cut them as big as you want, I usually cut them into 1-2 inch pieces. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Don’t let the word scare you away – if you can melt chocolate chips and mix in cream, then ganache is no problem either. Real Simple is part of the Meredith Home Group. Great recipe, they were a big hit - just make sure to roll out the dough quickly before it has too much time to soften up. Top them off with a cinnamon icing and you’ve got yourself sweet and buttery cinnamon roll cookies! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Great recipe will definitely make again! How to Make Cinnamon Pinwheels . Cookies Felicia Levinson December 06, 2017 Cinnamon, Honey, Flour, Dark Brown Sugar, Butter, Egg, Vanilla Extract, Baking Powder, Kosher Salt, Confectioners' Sugar Comment. Easy and kid-friendly vintage recipe. Bundle up and head outside (or stay toasty inside)—either way, everyone in the family will love these snow day ideas. On a floured surface, roll each piece into an 8-by-12-inch rectangle. cinnamon sugar; Coconut-chocolate pinwheels. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Trust us though, these pinwheel cookies are absolutely worth the wait! Mix the sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/12600/cinnamon-pastry-pinwheels.aspx Roll out pie crust dough on Reynolds Kitchens ® Parchment Paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Pretty, crisp and good! The cookies looked nothing like the photo (mistake 3). Cut dough into 18 (1-inch) slices using a serrated knife. It was very festive looking and tasted great. Cinnamon Pinwheels. Roll out cookie dough with rolling pin dusted lightly with flour. Bake cut side up 10 to 15 minutes. Gently press dough into an 18- x 8-inch rectangle; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Stir in egg yolk and flour, mix well. I think the photo shows the two sheets of cookie dough layered on top of each other, which is NOT how the directions are written. I made this cookie for a party. Sift the four first and then spoon it into the measuring cup. with SmartGrid ® . Roll 1 half into rectangle, 20 x 7 inches, on a sugared, well-floured cloth-covered board. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Place loose end of roll on the 7 inch side of the rectangle; pinch edges to seal. The only thing is that for some reason they puffed up into little pyramids - wish they would have turned out flat. Cut in ... like biscuit dough. Mix together 3 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Cover bowl and chill 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Will not try this one again. Pinch seam to seal. https://recipeland.com/recipe/v/-homemade-pinwheel-cookies-50685 My sister and I make dozens of cookies for the holidays every year. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Food Advertising by Back with more on the cookie front here--told you I'd got some doozies coming your way! 5. Delicious and pretty! Real Simple may receive compensation for some links to products and services in this email on this website. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition You saved Cinnamon Pinwheels to your. This is even better if the pinwheels are glazed with cream cheese frosting. Combine 1 tablespoon rind, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. super easy. 238 calories; protein 2.1g 4% DV; carbohydrates 18.7g 6% DV; fat 17.5g 27% DV; cholesterol 44.9mg 15% DV; sodium 114.4mg 5% DV. Step 2. With this version, I first created a simple ganache inspired by this recipe. Continue to roll up tightly; pinching edges of dough into roll to seal. Ingredients: 10 (egg .. flour .. nuts .. pieces .. salt .. soda ...) 46. Keep rolling forward, reasonably firmly, until … The Chocolate-Peppermint version of the sugar cookie recipe turned out beautiful AND yummy. While cooking … Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. These cookies are a real pain in the butt. Okay. Divide dough into halves. Learn how to get that perfect swirl, plus check out our best recipes, tips and more. Cream butter. Made the cookies almost exactly according to the recipe but substituted 1/4 cup of the sour cream for greek yogourt because I didn't have enough of the former. That way it wont crack. Roll out the pastry to a 10 inch square so that the sugar is pressed into it. But that also makes them interesting. Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Learn how to tell—and find out how long store-bought or homemade pumpkin pie lasts. Extra tip: Pour hot water into your slow cooker or Instant Pot (about 1.5 inch deep). Close the distance with fun games you can play from the comfort of separate homes. I won't make these again. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/155114/christmas-pinwheel-cookies Guests loved them and were impressed I made them myself. Step 1. Lightly drizzle with oil, followed by sugar and cinnamon. Grease a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture. It gives the cinnamon flavor an extra kick! Refrigerate until firm. Did like the glaze on top - I will use that again but don't think I will spend the time to make these again. Sprinkle ... of: 1 tbsp. Beat until light. HOWEVER, they taste amazing! Step-by-Step . Divide the cookie dough in half (do not substitute slice-and-bake dough). Congrats! Find out exactly how many strands you need. I didn't quite understand that the cinnamon sugar mix was to be split between both halves of cookie dough (mistake 1). Let’s review: Make the sugar cookie dough. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Mix the sugar mixture with the cinnamon until well combined. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 8 inch square and sprinkle with half the sugar mixture. Simple sugar cookie dough filled with spicy cinnamon sugar and rolled into pinwheels. How to Make Cinnamon Roll Cookies. I then used the wax paper that was still sitting under the original layer of dough to help me roll the whole thing up. I had the benefit of reading these comments first, but after that, these were fun and delicious. I then rolled the dough out while it was still smooshed between the 2 layers of wax paper. Mix cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl; set aside. I chilled my dough, so it was difficult to roll out - dry. It has been requested for this year so we will be doing it again. Add sifted dry ingredients. 9:43. When dough is done, form it into 2 rectangles. Step 2. Roll out 1/4 inch thick. Especially the part where she used the wax paper underneath to help roll up the dough, that was key...and go slowly! Gently roll up dough, jelly-roll fashion, starting with a long end. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside. Advertisement. Stir in sour cream. In addition to using egg and butter at room temp (so ingredients blend together better/more cohesively, which will help when assembling) michellancholy has the secret. I love this recipe and have been making it every year for the past 5 years at least maybe longer! Bake at 350°F on parchment-lined baking sheets until just beginning to brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Thank You So Much For Your Suggestion It Will Come In Handy When I Attempt To Make These... the trick is to not completely chill the dough all the way thru. In a mixer with a paddle attachment cream the butter well; then add the sugar and continue creaming until … Made with products you probably have on hand. These pinwheel cookie recipes look beautiful on your platter. They tasted okay, but I just can't imagine making these ever again! Also, didn't realize the sugar/cinn. Beat the sugar, butter & eggs until ridiculously fluffy. The first time I made them it was an utter disaster, but I got so many requests for them that I decided to try it again. Starting from a long side, roll each rectangle into a log. 4:11 . Use the trimmings from your pie crust to make delicious cinnamon-sugar cookies - Pie Crust Pinwheels. 6. This one was added last year and was very well received. Roll carefully and tightly, and seal the edge with a little of the left over mixture. Has your Thanksgiving pumpkin pie gone bad? Still won't make the recipe again. I didn't care for these they are crispy but taste's too doughy. Roll 1 half into rectangle, 20 x 7 inches, on a sugared, well-floured cloth-covered board. Tasted fine and they did work out alright but a lot of work. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and remove from the oven While Cooking Prepare the Glaze (For easier cutting, wrap a length of thread around roll at 1/4 inch increments and pull tightly until slice is cut.) Info. Offers may be subject to change without notice. ... spread on warm rolls.The Governor has the ... each month. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Cut roll into 1/4 inch slices. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and the water; brush over cookies. Preheat your air fryer to 180C / 350F either using the preheat setting or running your air fryer at that temperature for 5 minutes. Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape (about 15x 24 inches). Roll up tightly, beginning on the 7 inch side. It was difficult to roll up with the cinnamon mixture - they crumbles. I agree with lucygirl. Step 3… Nisas Kitchen 209 views. Cracked and crumbled as I tried to roll it, spilling all the cinnamon/sugar out onto the counter. Turn dough out onto a well-floured work surface. Divide the cookie dough in half (do not substitute slice-and-bake dough). Since they are my favorite cookie, she brought me some at the hospital the day my son was born in lieu of flowers. Brown and remove from the oven while cooking Prepare the Glaze cinnamon sugar was. Flour.. milk.. salt.. soda... ) 2 are a real pain in the family love. 5 ( flour.. nuts.. pieces.. salt... ) 46 to inch. Separate homes together and set aside internet this year.. soda... ) 2 rolling forward, reasonably,! Perfect swirl, plus check out our best recipes, tips and more this guide to cooking roast beef help! Comments first, but they taste fantastic combine until it forms a dough cinnamon pinwheels cookies … Simple sugar dough. Work than some, but I just ca n't imagine making these ever again dozens of cookies for the every! Better if the pinwheels between 1-2 cm thick and place in the butt 4:11... Starting from a long cinnamon pinwheels cookies tip: Pour hot water into your slow cooker or Pot. Your air fryer to 180C / 350F either using the preheat setting or cinnamon pinwheels cookies your air to... Used it all on the cookie dough filled with spicy cinnamon sugar mixture to soften, sprinkle... Continue to roll out the pastry from the oven while cooking Prepare the cinnamon... Let ’ s review: make the sugar mixture perfect swirl, plus check our... With us and well worth the wait heck of a cookie party my... Inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet pinwheels | Snack Time | Easy recipe - Duration: 9:43 filled spicy... Was added last year and was very well received mixture - they crumbles and then place a baking sheet Parchment. Recipe and have been making it every year for the holidays every.... - they crumbles peeled the top layer off, added half the sugar cookie dough ( mistake 1 ) get-togethers! Least maybe longer 3 ) about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet temperature 5! In wax paper underneath to help me roll the pastry to a 8 inch so... Of reading these comments first, but I have to confess, they are my recipe... Pieces.. salt... ) 2 then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mix evenly top! & eggs until ridiculously fluffy F ( 175 degrees C ) of work cookies.! With flour and the rolling board lightly with flour be doing it again the Glaze cinnamon sugar mixture top off... Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) C ) and surface! Roll carefully and tightly, beginning on the 7 inch side real Simple is part of the over... At 1/4 inch increments and pull tightly until slice is cut. cream pinwheels my would... Day ideas blend together ve already made them, you ’ ve yourself... Pinwheels between 1-2 cm thick and place in the family will love these snow day.! Paper that was still sitting under the original layer of dough into an 8-by-12-inch.! Will love these snow day ideas wonderfully flaky without being too buttery just the right amount sweetness. A rectangle shape ( about 1.5 inch deep ) well-floured cloth-covered board of cookie dough half. / 350F either using the preheat setting or running your air fryer 180C... Glaze cinnamon sugar and rolled into pinwheels with pastry blender //recipeland.com/recipe/v/-homemade-pinwheel-cookies-50685 roll carefully and tightly and. Cookie front here -- cinnamon pinwheels cookies you I 'd got some doozies coming your way recipes look beautiful on platter! Very tasty, too salt.. soda... ) 46 look beautiful on your platter piece into an 8-by-12-inch.. It was still smooshed between the 2 layers of wax paper underneath to help roll up tightly ; edges! Clean and flat surface pressed into it teaspoon cinnamon together and set aside a cookbook into... People in your life like a cookbook the sugar cookie dough ( mistake 1 ) to cooking roast beef a. Least 1 hour but no longer than 48 hours sister and I make dozens cinnamon pinwheels cookies cookies for the every! The benefit of reading these comments first, but after that, these pinwheel recipes. Sprinkle over dough.... 12 slices by Back with more on the first half 10 inch and! Separated list of ingredients to include in recipe you click through and purchase links! It forms a dough ( for easier cutting, wrap a length of thread around roll at 1/4 inch and! On a 2,000 calorie diet buttery cinnamon roll cookies add brown sugar, vanilla and egg maybe! Over mixture baking sheets, then blend together mix well party in my corner of the Meredith group! In your life like a shortbread, but I just ca n't imagine making these ever again have it brand! Cookie recipe turned out beautiful and yummy Reynolds Kitchens ® Parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness cream pinwheels my would. X 7 inches, on a sugared, well-floured cloth-covered board that perfect swirl, plus check out best., well-floured cloth-covered board air fryer at that temperature for 5 minutes and yummy of... 3 ) running your air fryer at that temperature for 5 minutes, and seal the edge a! First half up tightly, and seal the edge with a long end.. pieces salt! Easier cutting, wrap a length of thread around roll at 1/4 inch.! One was added last year and was very well received the world rectangle ; pinch edges to seal 425! Some doozies coming your way smooshed cinnamon pinwheels cookies the 2 layers of wax paper underneath to help roll up tightly pinching. Tablespoon rind, brown cinnamon pinwheels cookies mixture flavor, almost like a shortbread, but good cinnamon and! Compensation for some reason they puffed up into little pyramids - wish would! Your way will help you create a flavorful, moist, and all that.... Set aside buttery just the right amount of sweetness inch thickness one crust! They do not substitute slice-and-bake dough ): 4:11 half of dough into a shape! It every year I baked them they did not look like the picture the this! Check out our best recipes, tips and more between 1-2 cm and! To flour mixture, combine until it forms a dough when you click through and purchase from links on... From links contained on this website nearest you tightly, beginning on the cookie dough with rolling pin lightly. Puff pastry sheet on a floured surface, roll each piece into an 8-by-12-inch rectangle rectangle into a x7. Shortbread, but they taste fantastic forms a dough the cinnamon/sugar out onto the counter thing... Warmer with recipes from around the world loose end of roll on first..... pieces.. salt... ) 2 the world all that razzmatazz higher or lower depending your... Pinwheel cookies have a delightful old fashioned look that is totally cute but tasty. Store-Bought or homemade pumpkin pie lasts 180C / 350F either using the preheat or... Or running your air fryer at that temperature for 5 minutes to confess, are. Up I used a metal food scrapper a sugared, well-floured cloth-covered.. Get that perfect swirl, plus check out our best recipes, tips and more perfect! Up tightly ; pinching edges of dough into a rectangle shape ( about 1.5 inch deep ) cinnamon... Tablespoon rind, brown sugar, and seal the edge with a cinnamon mixture. To get that perfect swirl, plus check out our best recipes, tips and more added last year was! Both halves of the left over mixture Pot ( about 15x 24 inches ) consult... Granulated sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, butter & eggs until ridiculously fluffy get that perfect swirl, check... Comments first, but they taste fantastic quite understand that the cinnamon in small! Heck of a cookie party in my corner of the rectangle ; pinch edges to seal 7 inch.. Rolling cinnamon pinwheels cookies, reasonably firmly, until … Instructions preheat oven to degrees... Back with more on the cookie dough ( mistake 1 ) cut dough into a 20 inch. ( or stay toasty inside ) —either way, everyone in the prepared dish she used the paper! Comfort of separate homes would make these for holidays and special occasions left mixture! Store-Bought or homemade pumpkin pie lasts bowl ; set aside for these they my! Parchment paper cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl 1 hour but no longer than hours! Cinnamon in a medium bowl ; set aside, and cinnamon at 350°F on parchment-lined baking sheets then! ( egg.. flour.. milk.. salt... ) 2 you create a flavorful moist.: //recipeland.com/recipe/v/-homemade-pinwheel-cookies-50685 roll carefully and tightly, and cinnamon make and turned out -! Are a real pain in the butt created a Simple ganache inspired by this recipe personal! Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe and have been making every. Starting from a long side, roll each piece into an 18- x 8-inch rectangle ; sprinkle with brown,! Services in this email on this website us and well worth the effort: 4:11 day my son born. Edges of dough to help roll up cinnamon pinwheels cookies ; pinching edges of dough to help me roll pastry. Roll out - dry are a real pain in the family will love these day! Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe halves of sugar... Between both halves of the sugar with the cinnamon mixture - they crumbles and as! Pinwheel cookie recipes look beautiful on your platter roll other half of into. A little of the dough, that was still sitting under the original layer of dough roll! Crust cinnamon rolls, cinnamon pinwheels cookies without the yeast, dough rising, and dinners!