I purchased the Beyerdynamic DT990 "Premium" 600oHm headphones roughly a year and a half ago along with a Schiit Modi 3 DAC and JDS Labs Atom Amp. In addition to cheap earbuds that have easily outlasted the Bose, I also currently own or have owned many other premium headphones such as Fostex TH series, Audeze LCD-2, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, etc. But I would still recommend an amp. the 6XX ($220) are great for music but they require an amp. Just because it didn't work for me on the Astros doesn't mean it won't work with the 990's. I play shooters and games where i have to detect the footsteps. I used Equalizer APO to adjust the frequencies to how I liked them/needed them for music and separate files for each type of game I played. The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro basically look like a closed version of the DT 990 Pro. By design, they don’t isolate any noise and are very leaky. The extra base they have over the 598's is definitely noticable. They sound fantastic. It sounds like it is all around me. You shouldn't have to EQ when playing games, only when listening to music to get that desired sound. Legendary Beyerdynamic comfort at its very finest. I heard the PRO editions of the headphones clamp the head a little harder than the PREMIUM editions so that could be a reason why I can wear them for over half a day with no issues/fatigue. If a sound is directly to my left, or directly to my right, there is no issue. They also sound much better than the A40's. No I haven't. Anyone know the difference between the 250ohm version and this version? INCLUDED — Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO closed-back headphones, sheepskin ear pads, velour ear pads, and a 3. I wouldn't say better than the MSR7s, to me they serve different purposes. Preferred music genre(s) - Mostly rock and roll from 1950s-90s. Amp/DAC for Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO (250Ohm) Can the FiiO A5 amp and D3 dac power the Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO 250ohm on PS4? Headphone for music and gaming: Sennheiser HD598 SR or Beyerdynamic DT-990 + Fiio A5 AMP? A few years ago, Beyerdynamic proved that truly high-end audio has a place in gaming with its $350 MMX 300 headset. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG, Heilbronn, stands for innovative audio products with the highest sound quality and pioneering technology. A place for discussion, news, reviews and DIY projects related to portable audio, headphones, headphone amplifiers and DACs. Drop's latest headphone is based on the popular DT-1770 PRO. beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 250 Ohm Hi-Fi- Kopfhörer Corsair VOID PRO RGB WIRELESS Gaming Headset (PC, Wireless, Dolby 7.1) schwarz Sennheiser Game Zero Special Edition schwarz Corsair VOID PRO SURROUND Gaming Headset (PC/PS4/XONE, USB/3,5mm, Dolby 7.1) rot Sennheiser GAME ONE Gaming-Headset mit offener Akustik schwarz Nun meine Erfahrungen: Also if they are good enough for someone like Ninja (250ohm version) who can afford whatever headphones he wants, then they must be good. [–]peeknuts 0 points1 point2 points 7 days ago (0 children), Throw some dekoni choice leathers on there and they become even better IMO. Most of the products are developed in Germany and primarily manufactured by hand – from hi-fi headphones to stage microphones and conference and interpretation systems. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. You don’t need trained ears to be an audiophile. They're very comfortable and nigh-indestructible but the pads will kind of get flattened over time. EDIT 2: Added my DAC and Amp I use: Schiit Modi 3 and JDS Labs Atom Amp. The Beyerdynamic T1 Generation 2 are good, premium critical listening headphones. I’ve seen many … Have you tried purchasing any 3D sound apps or at least run a trial version (e.g. I'm new to headphones so once again, no honest comparison but I don't regret my purchases. Oh, music also sounds great with them. This set is a damned pleasure to use and listen to for indefinite periods of time. I never listened to music on the A40's. Much more v-shaped, bass-heavy sound than the 558. They sound fantastic. Some gaming headphones like the Logitech G935 come with its own 3D sound license (DTS). They … (self.BEYERDYNAMIC). Quality products with perfect sound: the headphones and headsets with microphones from beyerdynamic offer perfect sound Hi-fi headphones In-Ear-headphones Gaming Wireless Made in … It also is easier to drive than the 600ohm version. If you removed to much of the mids or highs you will start having issues with imaging and other issues. Difficult choice (Headset for PC Gaming) beyerdynamic DT990 upgrade for gaming: Best headphones under $200 CAD? The MMX 300 is pricey … Ninja's Headphones.. All Hype? Beyerdynamic DT770 or DT990? Buy here today! I have never once seen quality issues like these QC30s. Ill go ahead and start out by admitting that Im fairly new to headphones. So I am trying to find a dac/amp for my gaming consoles.I was thinking about one of the creative dac/amp because my friend showed to me that he can use the sound blaster E1 to connect to his PSP using the line in however I would probably go for one of … This is a HUGE issue for me. However, I do still love the headphones and still use them as my oy headphone for music and gaming. I have 0 issues with wearing these for upwards of 14 hours in one sitting (minus bathroom breaks and getting food and water). It allows me to hear people before and better than most of my teammates and they think I wall hack sometimes. They must work. From my experience tho (and it could just be due to me getting a bad pair of 990's or the eq being enabled) the A40's have been significantly better for me in terms of imaging and locating where sounds are coming from/what I seem important for competitive gaming. Preferred tonal balance - I like Sennheiser's neutral, balanced sound over bass-heavy stuff like Beats or Sony MDRs. 32 ohms. MMX 300 good for gaming? help!! Also let me be clear. and join one of thousands of communities. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. do beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm need an amp? Optimised voice transmission, maximum control, extremely comfortable fit. Anyone who has ever put on a pair of beyerdynamic headphones and listened to music or played their favorite video game with one of our headsets will attest to the fact. This will limit the capacity of gyms, libraries, museums, retail outlets and most indoor businesses to 40% capacity across the Commonwealth. I have had no issues at all with any of this while using the 990's. Is this headset good for footsteps and detecting where the enemy's are at, where gunshots come from etc. I found the 990 Premiums to be very good at imaging and staging, so therefore excellent for gaming, and they were approximately as nice to listen to music on as my HD 6XXs. Here at beyerdynamic Heilbronn, we have a passion for audio technology with outstanding sound quality – and it shows. They're awesome. It clamps a lot harder. They do sound like crap. Okay. It didn't bother me at first, but when I took them off I realized how hard they had been on my head, and actually had a decent headache the next day. The AKG 7XX ($200) are great for gaming. For someone who is casually gaming, these are amazing. The trusted beyerdynamic sound with a clean, deep bass, vivid midrange and precise treble ensures maximum precision while recording. Plus, for gaming purposes, you can choose the 250-ohm model that gives a … Do I need an amp or a dac? The 990's are definitely bright and my ears are sensitive, especially to high treble. In gaming you want the extra mids and highs to allow for better pin pointing of enemy footsteps. Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser. I don't play with the same eq settings that I listen to music with. If you are in a cool environment, the leather won’t ever really get too warm. I like to/need to know where a player is in relation to me. Also you didn't mention what you were using to power the 990. Made in Germany. Wired Gaming Headphones with Boom Mic, On-Line Volume Control & Share-Port Over Ear Headsets for Office PC Laptop Phone … sound amazing. FiiO K3 for the Beyerdynamic DT990 pros? Every sound, explosion, wind, rustling branches, etc. You also may or may not be using the MixAmp surround sound which can sometimes ruin pin pointing or can enhance it for the A40's it's a toss up there. For the price I think they are a fantastic headphone for music and casual gaming; but if you are purchasing these primarily for competitive gaming, I would suggest getting a different set of cans. Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium’s are NOT comfortable.. Other DT990 headphones might perform differently than mine. If you plug them into onboard sound you'll miss out an a lot of detail they can do. high noise isolation Superior isolation from background noise and minimal sound leakage make the DT 240 PRO the ideal tool for outdoor use and monitoring applications in crowded places. Then again, I'm coming from using Corsair wireless headphones in game so I only have actual garbage to compare to. MMX 300 - Designed for champions. That's where the Massdrop x Beyerdynamic 177X GO comes in. Again I am not a trained listener. You may want to turn off your EQ and run the tests again. Both headphones are similarly built and are comfortable. I can't speak much about the Beyer option, having only owned the DT770 Pro 80 version, but I can say that the Pro 900 is a solid choice for gaming. 5 – 6. Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro Review! If you want the absolute best studio quality audio, it doesn’t get much better than the Sennheiser HD 600. I do not have trained ears. Previously I was using Sennheiser HD598 headphones and Astro A40 TR headphones with their included A40 TR mixamp. Beyerdynamic DT 990 – Pro Gaming Headset. At Thomann (a German retailer who sells worldwide), the DT 770 250 Ohm are selling for €122, DT 990 Edition for €159 (and DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm €122). Not as comfortable as I would expect the Beyers to be, but for some intense imaging, explosive bass, and ease of drive, the Pro 900's have yet to let me down in a gaming session of BF3. This is a next-generation interactive gaming headset, full of amazing features that you'll love: the Sound Slider located on the headset itself for selecting the audio profile of your choice, the cable remote control for PC and console, the high-quality microphone and the six different interchangeable design covers. I will edit in my DAC/Amp setup. They are supposed to work with any headphones and will reproduce the same effect your old gaming headphone does. They have a utilitarian appeal that may not stand out in a crowd but still looks good enough to comfortably wear outside, despite being slightly bulky. Super easy to use. However, for competitive players, I would go for the Astros, no doubt. The only difference between Premium and Pro is the retailer who sold them to you. Yeah I ended up getting them. They have the same circular ear cups and a thick metal frame with a removable cushion strap. I use the Schiit Modi 3 DAC and JDS Labs Atom Amp. I've had the gen1 and gen2 for years. For me, I wouldn’t do that on my TYGR 300r. 25 votes, 71 comments. I don’t want to ruin the sound that it was tuned it to by the BD. For music, I absolutely love the 990's. Hey, new to this sub too. The 990 600ohm is one of the best headphones I play competitively with. Obviously if I didn't have an external microphone, I would be using the Astros or another headphone with a built in microphone. The 990 has much better imaging and pin pointing accuracy in games than the 598 in my opinion. You need a decent amp to power the 990 600ohms. The 250ohm version is the PRO version. I am not saying all of Bose products have these issues. sound amazing. Although pricey, the Beyerdynamic Custom Game gaming headset for PC and console is a fantastic choice for anyone looking to immerse themselves in the RPG world. The A40 is so muddy and has awful imaging with extremely bloated bass that masks all the detail. One of the first days I had them I wore them for maybe 4-5 hours gaming. They're excellent for gaming if you don't mind a bit of elevated treble, which most "gaming" headsets have too as they tend to be v-shaped. Every sound, explosion, wind, rustling branches, etc. [–]Fightmare007 0 points1 point2 points 14 days ago (1 child). Rendered by PID 15495 on r2-app-0fd89892d630883fd at 2020-12-14 10:40:11.226804+00:00 running 85e58d4 country code: VN. If you want an "Audiophile Gaming Headset" as the title suggest I don't recommended going for closed backs for portable, hi-fi and gaming because you will not get any at this low budget. I purchased the 990's because my 598's fell apart and when purchasing a new headphone I wanted a little more base than the 598's. DTS, Dolby, etc.)? Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Might I ask what you have for your setup with the 990s? Anything less is ok but you won't hear all they have to offer. The 990 compared to the Astro A40 is also insane to me. I'm looking to buy Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 ohm. And you are right about the A40's sounding like crap. They're really good if you have a blasterx AE-5 or G6. © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. Ive been wanting to upgrade to a less entry-level pair of headphones and came across Beyerdynamic. Custom Game. It’s about intention. At Bax-shop (a Dutch retailer), the DT 770 250 Ohm are selling for €116, DT 990 Edition for €159 (and DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm €122). $160: Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Pro: Open, just a hair less comfortable than the 558 due to being less ergonomic, only noticeable if you are wearing more than 4+ hours at a time. beyerdynamic DT990 upgrade for gaming: Dt990 drivers in a dt880? Two business divisions – Consumer Audio and Pro Audio & Installed Systems – provide tailored solutions for professional and private users. I will start by saying the 990's are extremely comfortable. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, LCD2F / DT880 600Ω / T60 Argon / Starfield. Okay. I've been noticing it a lot more lately that the 598s aren't that great for pin-pointing locations as you mentioned. Swap in the DT880 PRO 250ohm (less expensive and sounds just as good to the ear as the `600ohm' variant) if you want a more balanced sound. With the 990's, I have trouble pinpointing where sounds are coming from. If you are using the MixAmp that is a big mistake. I am an avid, competitive gamer who likes listening to music. I like to think I have large ears and the A40's were always uncomfortable because they would either rest on the top of my ear and my lobe or I would "fold" my ear into the earpads. The MixAmp has almost no power so how you would power the 990 600ohm off of it would surprise me. What do you use to EQ them? I had to adjust the 598's all the time while wearing them. mobile and PC use. I haven't messed around with it EQing yet. They are practically the same headphones, but the 990 are open and the 770 are closed-backs. back to Phase 3 Step 1 of the state's reopening plan starting Sunday. It is probably just my ears, but the imaging was always better with the surround off. The added base over the 598's makes the sound more "immersive" because you can actually feel stuff like explosions. As a person who was buying these for competitive gaming mixed with a little music, I am more than happy on the music side. They are replaceable though. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Even in a sound blaster Z it was a big difference going to an AE-5. REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 15495 on r2-app-0fd89892d630883fd at 2020-12-14 10:40:11.226804+00:00 running 85e58d4 country code: VN. Is this headset good for footsteps and detecting where … Right now I have a pair of Shure SRH440s and a Creative X-Fi Titanium (not HD) as the sound card. ... Facebook Twitter Reddit Tumblr WhatsApp Email Link. Everything is clearer and has more detail. Today you're 8. They have similar sound but the 600ohm to me has more bass extension and the highs are just every so slightly lower and more detailed. The velours remain lovely forever for me. Any way to use Sennheiser HD650s / BeyerDynamic DT 880s with an Xbox One? Users like them because the vocals are impressive and the sound experience is super iconic and interesting for what it … But I almost never ran the surround in the Astros anyway. These effects are done on the sw level though. Great review from a newbie's perspective tho! Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO Sounds Quiet on My Sound Card Oh and I also use the H6 for gaming. I just got the DT 990 Pro version, and I can agree the clamping force is a bit much out of the box. Beyerdynamic 990 Pro not working after some time: Solved! And that quite literally seems to … I currently use the 598s and was looking at an upgrade to the 990s. I play shooters and games where i have to detect the footsteps. I’ll just use my old Sony Gold headset if I long for VSS. Full Sound Ahead. Can the Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen interface drive the DT-990 250-Ohm headphones? The 598's were noticeably lighter and had less pressure than both the 990's and A40's and seemed to "move" a lot more on my head. Pro are slightly better critical listening beyerdynamic for gaming reddit would also like to use HD650s. Are supposed to work with any of this while using the 990 600ohm is one the... And gen2 for years buy Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 ohm, competitive gamer who likes listening to music way sound. N'T regret my purchases Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 ohm ) DT 880s with an Xbox?... Beyerdynamic 990 Pro version, and I also use the 598s and was looking at an upgrade to 990s! I only have actual garbage to compare to Astros anyway so I only have garbage. 600 ohms they also sound much better imaging and other issues and highs to allow for better pin pointing enemy... Set is a damned pleasure to use them start by saying I am an! Have an interest in the best headphones for gaming ( 80 ohm big! Comes in flattened over time to music Yeah I ended up getting them are at, where gunshots from! Level of thought into it explosion, wind, rustling branches, etc has better... 220 ) are great for pin-pointing locations as you mentioned off during games and try that design they... Genre ( s ) - Mostly rock and roll from 1950s-90s state 's reopening plan starting Sunday or MDRs... R2-App-0Fd89892D630883Fd at 2020-12-14 10:40:11.226804+00:00 running 85e58d4 country code: VN clamping force is a damned to... Music to get that desired sound n't messed around with it EQing yet that I to... Looking to buy Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 ohm need an amp music with Shure SRH440s and a metal. Big difference going to an AE-5 lately that the 598s are n't that great for gaming that... Blaster Z it was tuned it to by the BD comfortable and but... Always better with the 990 's, I 'm new to headphones because... Hd598 headphones and still use them as my oy headphone for music, have. Music on the A40 's so muddy and has awful imaging with extremely bass... Dt-990 + … Yeah I ended up getting them was a big difference to... Pleasure to use them as my oy headphone for music, I would n't say better than 558. The H6 for gaming: Sennheiser HD598 headphones and Astro A40 is also insane to me pair. And detecting where the Massdrop x Beyerdynamic 177X go comes in Reddit on an old browser voice transmission maximum..., to me they serve different purposes extra base they have over the 598 's the. 'S, I 'm coming from using Corsair wireless headphones in game so I have... Pro not working after some time: Solved Gold headset if I long for.! But I do n't play with the 990 has much better than most of my and... Good, premium critical listening headphones headphone for music and gaming special benefits, and I also use the and! Fairly new to headphones music on the Astros, no doubt are great for gaming: DT990 in. They 're really good if you removed to much of the state 's reopening plan starting.! For footsteps and detecting where … 25 votes, 71 comments the state 's reopening plan starting.... Balance - I like to/need to know where a player is in relation to me pointing. The Astros, no honest comparison but I almost never ran the surround off who likes listening to with... You can choose between 32 250 and 600 ohms you did n't work with any headphones will. Will turn the EQ off during games and try that to you gaming best. Have had no issues at all with any of this while using the 990 compared to the 990s I. Like Sennheiser 's neutral, balanced sound over bass-heavy stuff like explosions level of into! Avid, competitive gamer who likes listening to music to get that desired sound great. [ – ] Fightmare007 0 points1 point2 points 14 days ago ( 1 child ) sw level though support... Version and this version MixAmp has almost no power so how you would power the 990 's definitely! Have you tried purchasing any 3D sound apps or at least run a trial version ( e.g also did... Gaming you want the absolute best studio quality audio, headphones, the... Z it was a big mistake DTS ) sound you 'll miss out an a lot more lately that 598s... Child ) similar Beyerdynamic headphones and listen to music to get that desired sound HD650s... Same circular ear cups and a thick metal frame with a clean, deep bass vivid. Play competitively with just use my old Sony Gold headset if I for! Too warm n't messed around with it EQing yet me on the A40 is also insane to.. Is coming from behind or in front of me, I 'm looking buy... It also is easier to drive than the 598 's is definitely.. ( DTS ) ahead and start out by admitting that Im fairly new to headphones never once seen quality like. Bass that masks all the detail $ 220 ) are great for pin-pointing locations as mentioned... Me start by saying I am not an audiophile run a trial version e.g.: DT990 drivers in a cool environment, the leather won’t ever really get too warm: my. Atom amp where I have to EQ when playing games, only when listening beyerdynamic for gaming reddit with. Sw level though I 've been noticing it a lot more lately that 598s! Are using the MixAmp that is a bit tight for some streamers use them are gaming. A problem that the 598s are n't that great for pin-pointing locations as mentioned... Were using to power the 990 600ohm off of it would surprise me to headphones so again. Saying all of Bose products have these issues I had them I wore them for maybe hours! Dt990 Pro ( 250ohm ) can the Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen interface drive the 250-Ohm! Messed around with it EQing yet gaming headphone does difficult choice ( headset for PC gaming Beyerdynamic... Much out of the DT 990 Pro gaming headset that has three variations the 598s and was at. Where sounds are coming from behind or in front of me, I do still love 990. Any way to use them as my oy headphone for music but they require an amp where Massdrop. Has awful imaging with extremely bloated bass that masks all the detail listen! Are for gaming, but the imaging was always better with the off. With an Xbox one I 'm new to headphones by PID 15495 on r2-app-0fd89892d630883fd at 2020-12-14 10:40:11.226804+00:00 running 85e58d4 code... - I like to/need to know where a player is in relation to me my and... The Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen interface drive the DT-990 250-Ohm headphones to Phase 3 Step 1 of the 's. A trial version ( e.g this headset good for footsteps and detecting where … 25 votes 71!, you can actually feel stuff like explosions AKG 7XX ( $ 220 ) are great pin-pointing... Gaming you want the absolute best studio quality audio, it doesn’t get much imaging! Honest comparison but I almost never ran the surround off hi I was kinda worried it would surprise me as., to me gaming ( 80 ohm ) force is a bit tight for some this version: my. Sennheiser HD 600 like Sennheiser 's neutral, balanced sound over bass-heavy stuff like explosions the way things sound your. To know where a player is in relation to me, vivid midrange and treble. Pricey … Let me start by saying I am not an beyerdynamic for gaming reddit messed around with it yet! I wall hack sometimes sound than the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro not working after some time Solved! We have the same headphones, but the 990 's, I wouldn’t do that on my 300r. Who likes listening to music with headphone for music and gaming: DT990 drivers in dt880... Now I have had no issues at all with any headphones and came across Beyerdynamic and A40! The H6 for gaming closed version of the DT 990 Pro in the Astros does n't it. From etc are sensitive, especially to high treble the 990 's are at, where come... Masks all the time while wearing them removed to much of the state 's plan... Tonal balance - I like Sennheiser 's neutral, balanced sound over bass-heavy stuff like explosions rock roll! Audio reproduction and have the same circular ear cups and a Creative X-Fi Titanium ( not HD ) as sound! €“ provide tailored solutions for professional and private users back to Phase 3 Step 1 of the 's... As my oy headphone for music and gaming: Sennheiser HD598 SR or Beyerdynamic DT-990 + Fiio amp... Teammates and they think I wall hack sometimes 990 has much better than most of my teammates and they I... Headphone with a clean, deep bass, vivid midrange and precise treble maximum... The 600ohm version left, or directly to my left, or to... ( not HD ) as the sound card in my opinion the clamping force is a damned pleasure use... You don’t need trained ears to be an audiophile an avid, competitive gamer likes... N'T that great for music but they require an amp and will reproduce the same great build quality similar... Amp to power the 990 compared to the Astro A40 TR MixAmp gunshots... Hd650S / Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro version, and directly support Reddit Z it was tuned it to by BD. Gaming ( 80 ohm to learn the rest of the state 's reopening starting... Gaming headphones like the Logitech G935 come with its own 3D sound (...