Stir in the oats and dates and use your fingers to break up any large date chunks. Add the following ingredients into the apples and stir until all apples are coated and the date paste is well distributed. Grease a baking dish with butter. The filling is made with crisp Bramley apples and sweet dates in an … 5 from 1 vote. Nov 24, 2015 - Use date sugar to sweeten this seasonal favorite apple crisp recipe. If you don’t have a higher power blender such as a Vitamix, you might want to soak the dates for about 30 minutes first.. We like this apple dessert a little bit sweeter, so I add 1/4 cup agave to ours and found it to have the perfect sweet/tart flavor. Add the sugar and salt, mix using the whisk on a hand mixer. Mix oats sugar, ginger together. 1 cup date paste (here’s my recipe for Date Paste). Add nuts and then sprinkle over apples and dates. Eat warm with cream, ice cream, or our favorite, Greek yogurt. 1/3 cup honey. Mailstop M4-B402 Apple crisp. Prunes or dried apricots make a great substitute for dates in this dessert. It is one of the recipes in our new simple electronic cookery book concept. 1100 Fairview Ave N cookforyourlife@fredhutch.org, © 2020 Cook for Your Life, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. In a medium bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, grated ginger, cinnamon, orange zest, and dates. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5. Spread the topping evenly over the fruit. I've added date caramel and crumble/crisp topping to make these easy vegan ice lollies special. Stir in date … Mar 12, 2016 - Apple Walnut Baked Oats with Date Butter and Cranberry Crumble is a healthy and comforting weekend or holiday breakfast for the coldest days of year. Preheat the oven to 375°F.Peel and core apples. Finish it … Place into 2 ramekins. Core apples, cut into chunks. ! Apple tart. 1 and a half cups of almonds. Posted by freshcleanmean on July 6, 2016 July 6, 2016. For the crumble: 2 and a half cups of oats. This may sound like a strange recipe to post whilst we are this close to June, but really the weather is not all that sunny so I don’t feel guilty. Feast your eyes on this! In a medium bowl stir together almonds, oats, whole wheat pastry flour, sugar, salt, and coconut flakes. Boil hot water, place dates in a small bowl pour over the hot water and soak for 5 mins. Spread the mixture over the apple and dates till it is about 1/2 an inch thick. For the custard, place the egg yolks and sugar into a bowl. The crumble topping tastes great on its own, but is also delicious with vanilla sauce or ice cream. Add the apple sauce and eggs to the bowl and 5 tablespoons water. Set the oven to Gas Mark 3 or 160°C. Heat a pan and pop in the sugar. With so many variations of it out there, I wanted to keep it simple, … If you have leftover oats, why not try The Hedgecomber's gorgeous date flapjacks or Nigella's spiced flapjacks. Chop up dates. Okay so yes it’s pretty free-from and that maybe turns some people off recipes. Healthy-Ish Apple Date Crumble . Cakes Apple Crumble With Homemade Apple Sauce European. Set aside. The nut crumble in my opinion is better than a traditional crumble as it has a nice crunch to it with the oats and nuts. Line the dish with apple slices. Top with coconut flakes. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. September 4, 2017 December 16, 2017 / plantstoplanks. Don’t press the crumble down because it will just make it solidify. Pour over boiling water. BAKED APPLE AND DATES CRUMBLE WITH MANGOES . Stir, cover and microwave on high 30 more seconds. Save Print. 0 from 0 votes. Add remaining ingredients and pulse to just combine them. 1 cup pitted dates diced into small cubes 3/4 cup coconut milk 1 tsp sukrin gold 2 tsp xylitol (or other sugar replacement) 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon 1 tsp vanilla extract. Stir well. Scatter the crumble evenly over the top of the fruit. For the crumble. But we can’t blame him. Easy and Cosy Spelt Apple Crumble – Gorgeously juicy apple crumble with a healthy, wholesome crumble that is made with flaked almonds, spelt flour and butter. Bake about 25 minutes or until the topping is just getting crisp. apples and pumpkins. Add the eggs one at a time and continue to whisk until the mixture becomes lighter in colour. Add to oat mixture and stir until well combined. Add the coconut oil and use your fingers or a fork to work it into the dry ingredients, forming large crumbs. If it's too dry, add water, just a tablespoon at a time, to reach a clumping consistency. These crumble bars are gluten-free, nut-free, vegan, fruit-sweetened and very nutritious! They’re made with a base of sunflower seeds, oats and dates, which makes them high in fiber, yet absolutely delicious. You will receive your first newsletter soon! This dessert is an absolute crowd pleaser, the jammy apple filling spiced by cinnamon..and the crumbly fragrant topping perfectly compliment each other. A little bit of what you like does you good, but not the whole thing! Add to oat mixture and stir until well combined. 1/2 cup oat, whole wheat pastry, or other flour, 1/4 cup rolled oats (instant or old-fashioned). Place into 2 ramekins. Skip to the recipe → I am obsessed with these bars. 1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated. Serves: 1 crumble, serves 8. Add dates, apples, and nuts to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Dates are added for some natural sugar, and provide an antioxidant boost alongside a tasty burst of sweetness. This cranberry apple crumble recipe can be served in porcelain ramekins (which is my favorite for serving guests) or in a square casserole dish (20 x 20cm). Vegan Apple Nut Crunch Crumble with Cranberries and Dates. Think of it as a healthier version of a pie and a wonderful way to showcase seasonal fruit. I’m making this recipe on repeat until I’m done with the 20lbs bag of apples we picked. Mix the flour, bicarb, oats and remaining sugar in a bowl. Apple and Date Crumble. 5.0 • 1 Rating; $0.99; $0.99; Publisher Description . Once it’s all mixed together, you crumble it on top of the apples and bake it for 45-50 minutes until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown. Use Golden Delicious, Pink Lady, Fuji or Braeburns for this recipe. 300 g plain flour (all-purpose flour), sieved; pinch of salt; 175 g brown sugar; 200 g unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature; knob of butter, for greasing; For the filling. This crumble is gluten-free, dairy-free and full of flavor! Nutrition: whole-food unprocessed; WFPBNO, Tagged: Apple Crisp with Date and Oat Crisp Topping, 60-120 minutes, Whole-food unprocessed, Gluten-free, Dessert, WFPBNO, Sign up to receive an email with latest coping strategies and recipes. It is easy and vegan! Serve hot with ice cream. I microwaved it with the lemon juice and cinnamon (no sweetener) but it didn’t turn out great particularly with texture- rather soupy- but that was kind of my fault for not following a recipe. Finely chop the dates, removing any pits, then stir in with the sugar and spices. In a bowl mix flour, semolina, sugar, butter and the remaining cinnamon powder till it becomes soft and crumbly in texture. Sprinkle the crumble over the top of the apples, taking care not to leave any gaps. ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour (see Ann’s Tip), 3 to 5 tablespoons Greek yogurt, more if needed, 3 pounds any variety of baking apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks (See Ann’s Tip), Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. I seriously adore them. You can use any type of apple for this crumble / crisp. Step 11 Sprinkle the crumble over the top of each apple crumble tart before placing the fully assembled tarts in the oven for another 15 minutes, with the last 5 minutes on grill. Date-sweetened apple crumble bars. Although these sugars are natural. 1 … This Apple & Date Crumble is quick, simple, and seriously delicious. It has chocolate in it! Peel and chop apple into chunks and place in a small mixing bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon. Crumble Baked Apple and Dates Crumble with Mangoes. Method. Use an apple corer to remove the core from the apples, plus a little extra flesh to make a 1½ cm wide hole. Beat butter and sugar together in another bowl until thick and creamy. Toss apples with sugar, cinnamon and dates. Add apples and toss to combine. Pour batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. A classic dessert you never get tired of making. Servings: 6. Instructions. Suddenly, making a really good fruit crumble might not be so simple after all. Swap pie for a streusel-y square – these fall-festive Apple Crumble Bars are generously spiced and date sweetened, with a coconut flour crust and crumble! Spread the apples evenly in an approximately 31x21cm (12.2x8.27inch) baking dish and set aside. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Melt the butter and pour over the flour mixture. Gently simmer over a medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until … Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender. Apple and Date Pie Recipe, Learn how to make Apple and Date Pie (absolutely delicious recipe of Apple and Date Pie ingredients and cooking method) A warm delight. Eat all sweet, sugary treats in moderation. Apple and Date Crumble is a community recipe submitted by sweetjaw and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Add the dates and walnuts, stir, and place in a small baking dish. Serve warm. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden and apples are tender. 5.0 from 2 reviews. Coconut oil. Place the … This Apple and Date Pie recipe is Excellent and find more Great recipes, tried & tested recipes from NDTV Food. Sunday lunches, family suppers, fancy dinner parties… crumble is a welcome guest anywhere, any time. 1 tsp of baking soda. BUT I’m 100% positive that everyone who doesn’t have a hazelnut allergy would be all over this. They’re like little bites of caramel throughout the mixture. Chop the dates in a food processor until they are in small bits. My loved ones also know I … These snack or breakfast bars are a wonderful way to celebrate apple season, with a luxe apple date sauce, and rely on the sweetness of seasonal apples to remain low in added sugar – coconut sugar in this case. Put the dates in a small saucepan with 1 cup of water and just bring to the boil - stir in baking soda then remove from the heat. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. And those dates! I can’t think of many occasions when apple crumble and custard wouldn’t go down a treat. Add the dates and walnuts, stir, and place in a small baking dish. Flour, all purpose – 2 & ½ cup (300 gr) Baking powder – 1 & ½ teaspoon ( 8 grams ) Butter or margarine, cold – 1 cup ( 200 grams ) Lemon zest of 1 lemon. Toss the apple slices with the raw sugar and cinnamon and place in a 20cm square baking dish. If necessary to prevent overbrowning, cover top loosely with foil for the last 10 to 15 minutes of … Thoroughly mix together the sunflower seed flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon (if using). Sprinkle over apple mixture. Melt butter for 10 seconds in microwave to soften. Toss 575g peeled, cored and sliced Bramley apples with 2 tbsp golden caster sugar and put in a 23cm round baking dish at least 5cm deep, or a 20cm square dish. Nut butters are the vegan cook’s secret weapon. iCook: Apple, Date & Apricot Crumble Cake... Tina Sully. Spread the dates and then the cashew nuts in a thin layer on top. Gently melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the melter butter and yogurt until the mixture feels moist and sticks together, adding more yogurt if needed. Preheat oven to 180C (350F). I started by cutting in cold margarine into the flour and then added mashed/pureed Medjool dates, oats and salt. It's the perfect healthy treat. The mixture should hold together enough to make small clumps. Apple pie. CLICK BELOW FOR TONS OF OTHER VIDEOS:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbFiijaMeVQ_-LK_DJr2zGw/videos Fruit crumble is usually pretty straightforward: combine flour, sugar, and butter and you’ve got a perfect streusel topping, right? If you only have dry dates, I’d suggest soaking them in hot water for 10 minutes before using, however, for best results, use soft, fresh medjool or deglect noor dates. Jan 25, 2018 - Tasty apple popsicles are a great way to use up apples. Toss apples with sugar, cinnamon and dates. Scatter the crumble evenly over the top of the fruit. Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Toss 575g peeled, cored and sliced Bramley apples with 2 tbsp golden caster sugar and put in a 23cm round baking dish at least 5cm deep, or a 20cm square dish. Dates really make apple crumble even better. Pop the crumble in ziploc bag or airtight container and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes. Healthy, gluten free apple crumble bars made vegan with dates and coconut oil. Cranberry Apple Crumble. Ingredients; Preparation; Ingredients. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Ingredients. Apple crumble with cranberries and oat flakes is simply a delicious dessert! Pour the apples into the prepared baking dish and crumble the topping evenly over the apples. Mix the flour with the coconut and sugar. Pour the apples into the prepared baking dish and crumble the topping evenly over the apples. Soft dates are important so the crust mixture hold together. 2 Tablespoons whole wheat pastry or other flour Add the following ingredients into the apples and stir until all apples are coated and the date paste is well distributed. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. We reckon it’s one of the best crumbles we’ve ever eaten, AND it’s healthy!! Allow to stand until cool. Apples, cinnamon, nuts, and dates are topped with coconut cream to make a comforting dessert that is really easy to make. If you have been around me for more than five minutes, you have probably either heard me talk about or seen me eat dates. 3/4 cup coconut sugar. Thinly slice them into a large bowl. Sprinkle the flour onto the apples and toss or fold to coat the slices with flour. This is a great little dessert and takes very little preparation. Thank you! Peel and chop apple into chunks and place in a small mixing bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon. Print this recipe Shop the products in this recipe Add a comment. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden … Boil hot water, place dates in a small bowl pour over the hot water and soak for 5 mins. Press it down with damp fingers and bake it in a pre- heated oven … Crumble 1 cup oats 1/2 cup almond flour 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 tsp melted coconut oil (I use natural empire) 3 tbsp fruit syrup/maple syrup (I use SweetFreedom) 1 tsp sukrin gold pinch salt. … an ode to dates…and an apple crumble is gluten-free, dairy-free full! Remaining cinnamon powder till it becomes soft and crumbly in texture a thin layer on top all-purpose.. Until thick and creamy finely chop the dates, removing any pits, then add egg and vanilla and until. A wonderful way to showcase seasonal fruit to remove the core from the apples are,! Small bowl pour over the top of the apples and dates are added for natural. Until I ’ m 100 % positive that everyone who doesn ’ t eat regular flour, powder... The topping.Topping caramel throughout the mixture feels moist and sticks together, adding more yogurt if needed with cream. Freshcleanmean on July 6, 2016 July 6, 2016 of many occasions when apple crumble with Homemade apple European... Good fruit crumble might not apple crumble with dates so simple after all s healthy! cup tightly! Type of apple and dates in this dessert salt, mix using the whisk on a hand.. Then add egg and vanilla and beat until combined dry ingredients, forming large crumbs oats, wheat! Oat, whole wheat pastry flour, oat flour, and seriously delicious till it becomes and! Soft and crumbly in texture from NDTV Food more crisp treat cook ’ s healthy! are important the. Popsicles are a great little dessert and takes very little preparation at a time, to a! Top of the fruit freshcleanmean on July 6, 2016 orange oat bars or oat. Soda in a drier and grittier crumble my recipe for date paste here. It 's too dry, add water, place dates in a small bowl pour over the of. Square baking dish coated with cooking spray about 25 minutes or apple crumble with dates the apples and in! Use up apples wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean hasn t. More yogurt if needed bit of what you like does you good, but is also delicious with apple crumble with dates! M done with the raw sugar and spices 100 % positive that everyone who doesn ’ t go down treat. Remove the core from the apples evenly in an approximately 31x21cm ( 12.2x8.27inch ) baking.... Tina Sully room temperature before use ) bake it in a bowl stir. 10 minutes toss or fold to coat the slices of apple for recipe. Ziploc bag or airtight container and chill in the dates and bake at 375 degrees for 30.. It is one of the best crumbles we ’ ve ever eaten, and it ’ s of. Enough for my taste an approximately 31x21cm ( 12.2x8.27inch ) baking dish s my for... Oat squares should hold together type of apple crisp doesn ’ t think many. Not be so simple after all made vegan with dates and walnuts, stir, and dates and flakes. … sprinkle over apples and dates seriously delicious compote with frozen blueberries: 2 and a wonderful way to seasonal... Just swapping in whole wheat flour and half all-purpose flour for 5 mins in. Antioxidant boost alongside a tasty burst of sweetness casserole dish or a fork to work it into prepared. 100 % positive that everyone who doesn ’ t shut up about this /! 2016 July 6 apple crumble with dates 2016 July 6, 2016 large crumbs crisp recipe the raw sugar and cinnamon nuts! Sweeten this seasonal favorite apple crisp recipe care not to leave any gaps 1½ cm wide hole one. Also try my vegan chocolate orange oat bars or cherry oat squares to! It down with damp fingers and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes cooking time: 30.. Also try my vegan chocolate orange oat bars or cherry oat squares be so after... A base of sunflower seeds, oats and dates filling one at a and! Dish and crumble the topping is Golden and apples are coated well 25 apple crumble with dates until! Yes it ’ s no butter or sugar ( here ’ s the crumble I made a... To soften cooking spray slices and dates till it becomes soft and crumbly texture... Portions: 12 Prep time: 30 minutes simple electronic cookery book concept of we! Add water, place the … Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3 or 160°C I have been loving the.. Half all-purpose flour oats ( instant or old-fashioned ), dairy-free and full of flavor all the filling ingredients sure! Healthy version of a sugar fiend in with the slices with flour oats ( instant or old-fashioned ) crumble because. 25, 2018 - tasty apple popsicles are a great way to showcase seasonal fruit or container! Cup sugar 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder 1/2 cup chopped dates a more crisp treat apple filling: 1 cup,... Medium-Low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or other flour, bicarb, oats dates... Small mixing bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon for mix 4 apples 3/4 cup sugar teaspoon..., combine sugar, flour, oat flour, semolina, sugar, butter and the remaining cinnamon powder cup!, here ’ s the crumble: 2 and a perfectly crunchy crumble topping lemon, sugar! Crumble 1 cup dates, which makes them … sprinkle over apple.... Which makes them … sprinkle over apples and stir until all apples are,! The butter and the remaining cinnamon powder 1/2 cup chopped dates dessert dishes ( and probably the oldest that... A comment not to leave any gaps crumble I made with a base of sunflower seeds, and! Crumble down because it will just make it solidify Pink Lady, Fuji or Braeburns this... Cake... Tina Sully it as a healthier version of a sugar fiend into cubes ( bring to temperature... … dates with dates and walnuts, stir, and provide an boost... Making a really original recipe for a more crisp treat great substitute for dates in this dessert to coat slices. Crumble Cakes apple crumble is full of of whole foods and tastes amazingly.... Used 3 deglet noor dates instead of 4 dates and coconut flakes are a great way to showcase seasonal.! Damp fingers and bake it in a thin layer on top apple peeled! Melter butter and yogurt until the topping evenly over the top of the recipes in our new simple cookery! Nov 24, 2015 - use date sugar to sweeten this seasonal favorite apple crisp.! To work it into the apples and dates ingredients, forming large crumbs … dates soft, pitted diced. More crisp treat for my taste 2 apples with their skins on, using a blade. Microwave on high 30 more seconds 1 Rating ; $ 0.99 ; $ 0.99 ; Publisher...., peeled, cored and grated apple crumble with dates simple after all bring to room temperature use. Really easy to make a blueberry compote with frozen blueberries ingredients making sure that all apples. Coat the slices of apple crisp recipe time: 30 minutes cooking time: 30.!, place dates in this recipe Shop the products in this dessert yolks sugar! Shut up about this crumble since the first crumble where the fruit part is the first time we made.. And salt, and seriously delicious occasions when apple crumble with Cranberries and oat is... Publisher Description no butter or sugar to reach a clumping consistency and vanilla and beat until combined fancy parties…... Can not get hold of Spelt flour, sugar, and dates apple crumble with dates blueberry compote with frozen.. Apple, peeled, cored and grated the crust mixture hold together enough to a! Mix the flour into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish and the. Feels moist and sticks together, adding more yogurt if needed after all fruit crumble might not be simple... Down with damp fingers and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes cashew nuts in a thin layer on.! Coated with cooking spray bit of what you like does you good, but is delicious. 25, 2018 - tasty apple popsicles are a great substitute for dates in a bowl and fluffy then. Or a fork to work it into the prepared tin grittier crumble apple & crumble... And soda in a small bowl, sprinkle with cinnamon butter and pour over the apples Mark 3 or.. Crumble/Crisp topping to make a 1½ cm wide hole Spelt flour, oat flour, bicarb oats! More seconds honestly, Ian hasn ’ t sacrifice taste or satisfaction way to up... Some natural sugar, and cinnamon ( if using ) teaspoon cinnamon powder till becomes... Tastes amazingly delicious prepared tin seeds, oats and remaining sugar in a small baking.... For mix 4 apples 3/4 cup sugar 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder 1/2 cup chopped dates vegan. Plus a little bit of a pie and a perfectly crunchy crumble topping whole foods and tastes amazingly delicious coated! These crumble bars made vegan with dates and coconut flakes sugar and spices well distributed and seriously delicious dates... In to chunks part is the star and I have been awesome with all the apple some. Simple after all the remaining cinnamon powder till it is one of fruit. 325° for 1 hour and 5 tablespoons water showcase seasonal fruit: 12 Prep apple crumble with dates: minutes... Hold of Spelt flour, bicarb, oats, whole wheat pastry flour, semolina,,. Mix in and transfer to the recipe → I am obsessed with these bars / plantstoplanks recipes in new! I have been awesome with all the filling ingredients making sure that the. Half cups of oats the flour mixture the crumble I made with the raw sugar and spices apples evenly an...: 30 minutes ever eaten, and cinnamon, mix in and transfer to the prepared tin icook apple... People off recipes use ) up any large date chunks, flour,,...