With the two speakers side by side, I was able to identify some of the differences, and I also brought in a couple of experienced sound colleagues to validate (or contradict) my impressions. The foam actually feels pretty tough and I must admit to snagging one of the speakers on a flight case catch, but leaving no visible mark that I could see. The Yamaha DXR15 mkII is made of a sturdy polymer with a satin black finish that will look great in any setting, and can also be turned on its side and used as a wedge. Mackie SRM 215 V-Class. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Yamaha DXR12 MKII DXR 12 MK2 12” 2-Way Active Powered Speaker Monitor at the best online prices at eBay! Tags ⋅ DXR Series ⋅ DXS Series ⋅ Loudspeakers — PPA ⋅ Loudspeakers-Studio Monitors ⋅ Yamaha Pro Audio ⋅ Yamaha Professional Audio. Smart Navigator. 3 . Avg used price: $ ... Write a user review Ask for a user review. components. The LCD and data wheel allow adjustment of the various DSP functions, and a 'turn and press' will get you to where you need to be. Built-in D-Contour and D-XSub digital processing — via 24-bit, 48 kHz AD/DA — allows adjustments within the following fixed EQ parameters: FOH/Main (significantly boosts HF and slightly boosts HF) and Monitor (significantly cuts LF and slightly boosts HF) for the loudspeakers; and Boost (significantly boosts a tight, punchy LF range) and Xtended-LF (slightly boosts a broader, fuller LF range) for the subwoofer. Yamaha DXR8 MKII. Yamaha DZR12. At the point of perfection for any given application, the DZR speakers have the ability to save your settings to a USB stick connected directly to the panel. They look great in a typical Yamaha way — slightly larger than my DXR10 boxes but still nice and compact, and with an attractive foam-faced front grille in black. Sold! On Yamaha TF consoles you can use the 'Quick Config' setting, and the devices appear on the console's routing screen alongside your digital stageboxes. Review: Yamaha DXR Series Powered Speakers and DXS Series Powered Subwoofers. Yamaha DXR10 This little speaker more than met my expectations. Portable, yet capable of producing an astonishing 131 dB SPL, the DXR10’s compact, functional design makes it ideal for a wide range of applications. Yamaha DXR8 MKII. Like the DZR range, the DXSXLF subwoofers are also available with Dante compatibility, those models being distinguished in name by a 'D' suffix. This past March, I reviewed Yamaha Pro Audio’s DSR Series of portable P.A. The DZR10s had a very centred, focused sound with a strong mid–range quite unlike most speakers of this size I've used, and certainly quite different from my DXR and DBR boxes. Resisting the temptation to hook up the subwoofer just yet, I decided to run a direct comparison against my DXR10s, so I set up one of each and ran a mono track through them. The contents of this article are subject to worldwide copyright protection and reproduction in whole or part, whether mechanical or electronic, is expressly forbidden without the prior written consent of the Publishers. Yamaha already market two powered 10–inch models — the DBR10 and the DXR10 — and I own and regularly use a number of these little workhorses for all kinds of live work, both as mains and monitors. To oversimplify, they were ideal: great sounding and notably overbuilt in a very good way. The cabinet material is plywood and is finished in a black poly-coating. To name a few, the DXR8 streets for $50 less than the comparable CVA-28, plus it offers more comprehensive I/O, overall more power and weighs less. £533. Editable parameters within a comprehensive DSP. £939. Update my browser now, DXR and DXS Series components comprise a compact yet powerful, versatile and affordable powered loudspeaker system.Â, By Strother Bullins Active full-range / multi-function speaker Speaker: 12" 1.75" Neodymium driver, 90° x 60° horn, 2-Way bi-amped 1100 watt Class-D power amplifiers (950 W LF + 150 W HF), Frequency range: 52 - 20,000 … Product replaced by the Yamaha DXR15 MKII. Update your browser to view this website correctly. PreSonus StudioLive 32SC Series III Mixing Console. The outdoor job (nearly cancelled but for a fortunate weather window) required subwoofer deployment, so I took along the single DXS15XLF to handle the low stuff. The DXR10 MKII features Yamaha's innovative loudspeaker design to bring incredible imaging and clarity to your audience. Yamaha DBR15. The basic input/output section is pretty much as you'd expect, with two input channels accessed through combi XLR/TRS connectors and an old–school analogue level control for each. First Look: Pro Tools | Carbon. Those who already use these setups will know exactly what this is all about, but in a very simple nutshell it means that you can wire up the entire rig — mains and monitors — using decent-quality Ethernet cables (and switches if necessary) that carry control data and all the audio as well. Yamaha then shipped me two DXR8 two-way powered loudspeakers and a DXS12 powered subwoofer. Now I can declare that this tight little kit with an overall 2,000W of continuous power is the best portable P.A. The DZR range represents a ground-breaking step forward for portable powered units as, quite apart from their performance, the entire range is available, as an option, with Dante connectivity, in the form of RJ45–type Ethernet ports that not only carry control information but all the audio as well. For one high SPL/outdoor gig, the big low-mids of a Les Paul/Mesa Boogie Mark 5 rhythm guitar were simply too much for otherwise-great main speakers from another powered speaker manufacturer; as distortion/PA speaker breakup was audible, all involved were concerned that the mains wouldn’t last to complete the show. Yamaha … It feels like it would withstand a few knocks without getting untidy, and the large handles on the top and on one side have a good, metal-backed recess that has plenty of room to accommodate your average hand. £569. This has got to represent how things will be going in the future, and has obvious advantages both for installed systems and flexible portable setups. The DXR10mkII powered loudspeaker is a newly upgraded model that adds … 4088 . I like 10–inch speakers (good ones, anyway), as they tend to have enough bottom-end clout to be used on their own for smaller events, and can also handle the middle and top end of larger systems when using subwoofers. The DXR10 reproduces exactly what you send to it clearly without coloration and it can get LOUD. The DZR10's low–end extension is impressive for its size. Very detailed sound with strong mid–range delivery. But after about 10 minutes we started playing something smooth and jazzy, and someone said "listen to the brushes", at which point we began to appreciate the level of increased detail in the DZR sound — the snare offbeats were really in sharp focus and I could imagine the individual wire hairs touching the snare head, rather than just hearing a general hit on the backbeat. The D-suffix versions also have the Dante panel below, which sports two RJ45 network sockets for conveying both audio and control data.Control for the DZR10 is via a large panel set into the back of the cabinet and dominated by a large LCD screen at the top, used for reading and setting all parameters in conjunction with a single adjacent data wheel. My impression of the sound was just like when I unpacked them, the word 'solid' again coming to mind. I like the idea of Dante being a separate option as, although it may come to pass one day, certainly not everyone is going to need this option within their system, and with this range there's no need to pay for it unnecessarily. This is a great safety feature in that you have to deliberately choose to apply the changes, but it also means that you can't hear the adjustments as you tweak, so sometimes it's a case of trying various settings until perfection is achieved. © 2020 Pro Sound News is part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. Yamaha's newest powered speakers not only offer excellent sound and portability, but their optional Dante connectivity makes them a cinch to set up. I only got to try the smallest units in the range (I really want to hear the three-way units!) The DXR8’s small size and high power make them the perfect affordable side-fill speaker. Having decent metal front grilles is important for major physical protection of the drivers, and the foam layer provides additional protection against dust and moisture, but having the foam on the outside gives a classy look and in my experience tends to retain its looks more easily than painted steel, especially when speakers spend much time — as mine do — used as floor monitors. For a detailed explanation of all the available menus and exactly what can be set up it's best to go online and look at or download the full user manual. I used the DXR/DXS rig in many configurations, including rehearsals, a DJ rig for an outdoor event, acoustic music reinforcement in a medium-sized reverberant venue, full band “side-fill/stage lows” monitors within a larger sound reinforcement system, and several times as the main P.A. The D-suffix versions also have the Dante panel below, which sports two RJ45 network sockets for conveying both audio and control data. The DXR Series’ numbingly simple-to-apply built-in DSP just makes the sound better with almost every application. The DXR10 was what we were expecting to hear, and the different voicing of the DZR took a little while to get used to. What is a "hybrid" audio interface anyway? ... Read review. 2147 . requires two trips for one person to load into the average club gig. £359. (I should make it clear again that my own DXR10s are not the current MkII version). Dante-equipped speakers can be given an ID using the menu. Whether comprising a compact SR system or providing simple vocal / instrument amplification, the onboard mixer … £88. 97 . DZR-series speakers all feature two inputs and outputs, onboard DSP control, and a USB port for saving and recalling settings. Other names: dxr12mkii, dxr 12 mkii, dxr12 mk ii, dxr12 mk2, dxr12mk ii, dxr12mk2, dxr 12 mk ii, dxr 12 mk2 1 . £949. 5 . No matter what I threw at them, from the cleanest cleans to the heaviest distortions, the CLR topped the Yamaha every time. I did run them up pretty high, and was very keen to get them out on a live event. All user reviews for the Yamaha DXR15. C $1,365.59. Yamaha DZR12. Smart Navigator. We hardly could tell much if any difference. Yamaha … JBL PRX815W. £542. Web site designed & maintained by PB Associates & SOS. DXS subwoofers offer a polarity inversion switch, too. Shure SM58 LC. I must note that the last time I used such a small yet powerful and reasonably affordable powered loudspeaker system, it was Cerwin-Vega’s unique CVA (Cerwin Vega Active) Series, which I reviewed for Pro Audio Review back in July 2008. The DZR10 reviewed here is the smallest in the DZR range, with 12– and 15-inch two-way, full–range units available, as well as a three-way model with a 15–inch woofer and 8–inch mid-range driver, plus tweeter. One thing that is worth noting when making parameter adjustments that directly affect the sound is that changes made using the encoder knob are not applied until the knob is pressed to execute them. This tells upstream and downstream Dante equipment what role the speaker has been assigned, and it will pick up the appropriate output from a mixing console connected to the same network.One of the ground-breaking aspects of the DZR and DXS ranges is the option to have Dante connectivity. Active full-range / multi-function speaker Speaker: 12" 1.75" Neodymium driver, 90° x 60° horn, 2-Way bi-amped 1100 watt Class-D power amplifiers (950 W LF + 150 W HF), Frequency range: 52 - 20,000 … is still a budget-buster for many discriminating DIY music professionals; sure they want it, but it’s just beyond their loudspeaker budget. 97 . Many loudspeakers exhibit a loss of clarity and/or volume in frequencies near their crossover points, but the Yamaha DXR10mkII maintains clear sound thanks to advanced FIR-X crossover tuning. It delivered a lot more clean output than a system of this physical size really should — that very forward and detailed vocal mid–range was a much commented–upon feature of the sound, and the low end was both deep and very powerful, with great, even coverage. The Atomic is clear, present and seems to translate the AX8 … £499. Great care has been taken to ensure accuracy in the preparation of this article but neither Sound On Sound Limited nor the publishers can be held responsible for its contents. 20 . Although all three Yamaha speakers were Dante models (and were driven from a Yamaha TF and Tio stagebox setup), I decided to use conventional cabling mainly because I didn't have time to make up enough digital cables to reach all the DZR units. Three hours later, the show concluded without a hitch. After assuring the band that the DXR8 had almost the same power specs as their preferred main, we swapped them from their side-fill position to FOH, while the misbehaving speakers became side-fill. I am very pleased with this powered speaker. Utilizing ultra-precise 48-bit DSP, FIR-X … Yet, even though reasonably priced, the reality is that Yamaha’s premium portable P.A. You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address. One of the most impressive things was that this detail was not lost at higher levels, and the bass extension of this little cabinet is an impressive feature in its own right. Published: September 27, 2012 ⋅ Updated: March 5, 2020. And I alone can carry the DXS12 subwoofer for the average “trunk-to-stage” load-in without breaking a pre-gig sweat. A pull-proof IEC power connector and nicely recessed on/off switch are at the bottom, and two ventilation grilles allow convection cooling, which I assume will lead to less or slower fan assistance — I certainly didn't hear any fan noise when the boxes were at idle. Mastering Essentials Part 5 - Compression & Limiting, Mastering Essentials Part 4 - Mastering EQ: Balance, Don’t Match, Toontrack 24 Hour Deal - 74% off EZkeys Cinematic Grand. Its compact cabinetry is easy to hold and carry; the DXR8 and DXS12 cabinets aren’t exactly “lightweight”— they just lack any wasted interior space, making the most of your vehicle’s precious cargo space. Prices starting at $800 Average price: $800. Like; Tweet; Submit; Average Score: 4.2 ( 4.2/5 based on 7 reviews ) 3 reviews: 43 % : 2 reviews: 29 % : 1 user review… This gig was not normally something I'd use just a pair of full-range 10–inch speakers for, nor just a single sub, but this little rig performed way above expectation. Output XLRs are provided for direct or post-DSP linking, and (apart from the Dante panel on the D models) that's all you see. Whether providing simple vocal/instrument … 7 user reviews. Yamaha DXR12 MKII. Reviews; Yamaha DXR12 & DXR15. PA / Live Sound; By Mike Crofts. You set up the speakers from the back–panel menu, selecting options such as 'ST L' (for front-of-house left) or 'Aux' or 'Sub' and route the appropriate output to them. DZR10 £1170, DZR10-D £1395, DXS15XLF £1630, DXS15XLF-D £1853. They don't produce a 10–inch model in their (previously) most expensive range, the DSR series, so the 'top dog' in the 10–inch format has hitherto been the DXR10 — currently at MkII, although mine are all the original type and any reference to them here should take account of this. This DXR sub really produced the goods. 8 . Dante-equipped speakers can be given an ID using the menu. Slightly less hyped voicing on the DZR10 may take a few minutes to get used to. Yamaha DXS12 MKII 13 ratings This item runs exclusively on an operating voltage of 230V and therefore requires a voltage transformer to run in your country of United States of America . This is not only useful for saving settings for a particular venue or band, but also for setting up several speakers — just set up one, and then copy the setup on to the others in the rig. £579. 5 . They look great in a typical Yamaha way — slightly larger than my DXR10 boxes but still nice and compact, and with an attractive foam-faced front grille in black. It took me a few minutes to get used to when I should turn the knob and when I should press to select, but no matter where you get to there is always the friendly back/home button that steps back to the previous screen or wakes the display up if it has gone to sleep. evaluations should — with some good old load-in/load-out —this DXR/DXS Series system was immediately impressive. For more stories like this, and to keep up to date with all our market leading news, features and analysis, sign up to our newsletter here. With live sound work, it's obviously all about the sound itself, and the DZR and DXSXLF speakers contain much innovative and useful technology — for example, the rotatable horn on the full-range units, and the fact that the subs can be operated in cardioid mode when used in pairs. The 15" woofer delivers an … Visit our corporate site at www.futureplc.com. The DXS Series offers two subwoofer options, the aforementioned DXS12 with 12-inch LF speaker or the DXS15 with 15-inch LF speaker; both offer 600W of Class D continuous power. product lines, DXR Series Powered Speakers and DXS Series Powered Subwoofers. As main speakers, the DXR8 and DXS12 were seamlessly plugged into setups where the normal main monitor would at least feature a two-way cabinet with 12-inch LF speakers. Measurements are as follows: the DXR8 is 11” x 18” x 11” and the DXS12 is 15-5/8” x 22-1/8” x 23-3/8”. Portable, yet capable of producing an astonishing 132 dB SPL, the DXR10mkII’s compact, functional design makes it ideal for a wide range of applications. DZR-series speakers all feature two inputs and outputs, onboard DSP control, and a USB port for saving and recalling settings. £599. This three-piece P.A. Yamaha DXR10 MKII. Having listened 'through the keyhole' we all began to hear more detail throughout the frequency range, and there's no doubt that the DZR speaker was delivering a level of resolution and crispness that brought vocals forward and revealed subtleties in the material that we definitely missed when switching back. 3 . This tells upstream and downstream Dante equipment what role the speaker has been assigned, and it will pick up the appropriate output from a mixing console connected to the same network. Yamaha DBR10. DXR and DXS Series components also feature a 100 Hz/120 Hz HPF and 80 Hz, 100 Hz, and 120 Hz LPF (24 dB per oct.), respectively. The DXR12 and DXR15 cabinets … Yamaha DBR12. The lasting impression is that they really have raised the bar in terms of the powerful, clean, detailed and very focused across-the–spectrum output from portable boxes. Price: $829 and $1,049 list (DXR8 and DXS12, respectively), Contact: Yamaha Pro Audio | http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/global/en/products/speakers/. While I still believe Cerwin-Vega’s CVA Series to be among the best portable PA options available, this DXR/DXS rig is arguably better in some very attractive ways. On the D–suffixed versions there is a Dante panel for incoming and onward digital connection, and additional menu options for setting individual cabinet ID so that the correct signal is delivered to any particular speaker from your digital console or any point in a Dante network. Prices include VAT. A local sound company that I have worked with on outdoor gigs uses a high-end rig consisting of four 18–inch powered subs and just two 10–inch full–range cabinets, and they regularly put this up for outdoor carnival-type jobs. I/O is comprehensive: inputs include balanced mic/line XLR with XLR thru-put on channel 1, two separate unbalanced, quarter-inch line inputs (L and R) on channel two, and two unbalanced stereo RCA inputs on channel 3; each channel has its own corresponding level pot. These have been with me for some time now and I've always considered them to have a good sound for smaller gigs and as stage monitors. “tool” I’ve used in some time, even in a market full of worthy loudspeaker options. For this review, Yamaha provided a pair of the DZR10-D speakers, complete with covers, together with a single DXS15XLF‑D subwoofer. I turned them up, and down, and played everything from AC/DC to Boccherini, and couldn't make up my mind if I liked them or not. ... Yamaha DXR10 MKII DXR 10 MK2 1100W 10" 2-way Active Powered Speaker Monitor. There are no DZR-badged subwoofers, but the range includes and is designed to fully integrate with the DXSXLF units, available in 15– or 18–inch form. £773. Starting where all portable P.A. Slate Audio Raven MTZ. ... discreet styling of Yamaha products, and the DXR range is no exception. All DXR/DXS Series components include clip limit circuitry for speaker protection. Active PA Speakers . I like the horizontal side handle, as I find this makes pole- or stand-mounting easier, although lifting a DZR10 up to stand height is definitely a two-handed operation as my initial observation of 'solid' translates into a manageable but noticeable 17.9kg (for the D model), compared to the DXR10, which is 4kg lighter. I used the DZR10s for a couple of jobs, one open air and one in a 200-seater community hall. All rights reserved. I'd have preferred a pair of subs, if only to mount the top speakers on, but one was all I had so I positioned it in front of the stage about two-thirds to the right, more or less in front of the bass player. These are powerful, classy and compact speakers, and the Dante options make rigging them as part of a digital system a breeze. 'M sure there are some, but it’s just beyond their loudspeaker budget 2,000W continuous. In the range ( I really want to hear the three-way units! March, I reviewed Pro. They want it, but it’s just beyond their loudspeaker budget Series of portable P.A some good load-in/load-out! Still a budget-buster for many discriminating DIY music professionals ; sure they it. Dxr/Dxs Series system was immediately impressive small size and high power make them the affordable! Them the perfect affordable side-fill speaker DXR10s are not the current MKII version.!, complete with covers, together with a single DXS15XLF‑D subwoofer speakers can be given an ID using menu! Music professionals ; sure they want it, but it’s just beyond their loudspeaker budget even in a 200-seater hall! Affordable side-fill speaker review Ask for a couple of jobs, one air! Is 11” x 18” x 11” and the Dante panel below, which sports two RJ45 network for. And a DXS12 Powered subwoofer put them up for some challenging applications lb., and a port. 2,000W of continuous power is the best portable P.A black poly-coating slightly less hyped voicing on the dzr10 take... Avg used price: $... Write a user review Ask for yamaha dxr10 mkii review... Worthy loudspeaker options & maintained by PB Associates & SOS finished in a very good way DXR10 exactly! Series Powered speakers and DXS Series Powered Subwoofers sure they want it, but exact same modeler,... Rigging them as part of Future plc, an international media group and leading digital publisher saving. Sure there are some, but it’s just beyond their loudspeaker budget the material., one open air and one in a market Full of worthy loudspeaker options get... Alone can carry the DXS12 subwoofer for the average “trunk-to-stage” load-in without breaking a pre-gig sweat of plc., DZR10-D $ 1299, DXS15XLF £1630, DXS15XLF-D £1853 a pre-gig.. Update your browser to view this website correctly reviewed Yamaha Pro Audio’s DSR Series of portable P.A follows the... That Yamaha’s premium portable P.A loudspeakers — PPA ⋅ Loudspeakers-Studio Monitors ⋅ Pro... Yamaha DXR10 MKII DXR 10 MK2 1100W 10 '' 2-way Active Powered Monitor! Is a `` hybrid '' Audio interface anyway that my own DXR10s are not current... '' 2-way Active Powered speaker Monitor Yamaha then shipped me two DXR8 Powered! Later, the word 'solid ' again coming to mind by PB Associates & SOS dzr10 may take a minutes! It can get LOUD utilizing ultra-precise 48-bit DSP, FIR-X … the reproduces... Hear the three-way units! capable main loudspeaker, is under 30 lb., and the is... Not the current MKII version ) digital system a breeze DXR10 's for mon 's and have! Community hall declare that this tight little kit with an overall 2,000W of continuous power the... Dxs12 Powered subwoofer $ 1549.99 components include clip limit circuitry for speaker protection licensors, 1985-2020 time, even reasonably... $... Write a user review be more than met my expectations ⋅ DXS Series Powered and. Capable main loudspeaker, is under yamaha dxr10 mkii review lb., and the DXR range is exception. Range / Flat Response ) should it, but exact same modeler test, vocal test, or Reviews. 18€ x 11” and the Dante options make rigging them as part of Future plc, international! Modeler test, or … Reviews ; Yamaha DXR12 & DXR15, DXS15XLF‑D $ 1549.99 limit for... And compact speakers, and was very keen to get used to necessarily those of the.... Be given an ID using the menu my own DXR10s are not the current MKII )! Dsp control, and the DXS12 subwoofer for the average “trunk-to-stage” load-in without breaking a pre-gig sweat, DXS15XLF‑D 1549.99... Speaker more than met my expectations and is finished in a market Full of loudspeaker. Digital publisher exactly what you send to it clearly without coloration and it can get LOUD,! Active Powered speaker Monitor browser to view this website correctly conveying both Audio and control.!, DXS15XLF‑D $ 1549.99 the smallest units in the range ( I should make clear. … Update your browser to view this website correctly great sounding and notably overbuilt in a good. Login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address mon 's and I alone can carry the DXS12 for... Should make it clear again that my own DXR10s are not the current MKII version.... Dbr10 's, DXR10 's for mon 's and I have been very impressed by their performance and be... Later, the show concluded without a hitch DXR8, a completely capable main loudspeaker, is under 30,..., classy and compact speakers, complete with covers, together with a single DXS15XLF‑D.! Sure there are some, but exact same modeler test, vocal test, vocal test, vocal test vocal! 200-Seater community hall, together with a single DXS15XLF‑D subwoofer, DXR Series loudspeakers! Offer a polarity inversion switch, too & SOS and recalling settings to try smallest... Version ) Pro sound News is part of Future plc, an international media and. What you send to it clearly without coloration and it can get.. Loudspeakers and a USB port for saving and recalling settings almost every application they were ideal: great and. With almost every application input signal as a FR/FR ( Full range / Flat Response ) should and kit! Kit is composed of components from two new Yamaha portable P.A can declare that this tight little with! For the average club gig for many discriminating DIY music professionals ; sure they want it, but just... A single DXS15XLF‑D subwoofer there are some, but it’s just beyond their loudspeaker budget without coloration it... Version ) high power make them the perfect affordable side-fill speaker discreet styling Yamaha! This review, Yamaha provided a pair of the contributors and not necessarily those the. Assigned username or your e-mail address without breaking a pre-gig sweat DSP just makes the sound better with every... And control data have been very impressed by their performance and would be than... They were ideal yamaha dxr10 mkii review great sounding and notably overbuilt in a very way... Input signal as a FR/FR ( Full range / Flat Response ) should oversimplify, they were ideal great! Exact same modeler test, vocal test, or … Reviews ; Yamaha DXR12 &.... Up for some challenging applications 48-bit DSP, yamaha dxr10 mkii review … the DXR10 exactly! 1399.99, DXS15XLF‑D $ 1549.99 is crisp, clean and faithfully reproduces the intended signal! Fir-X … the DXR10 reproduces exactly what you send to it clearly coloration... Get LOUD DXS12 kit is composed of components from two new Yamaha portable P.A ) should 'm! Two-Way Powered loudspeakers and a USB port for saving and recalling settings make them perfect! And not necessarily those of the publishers just makes the sound was just like when I unpacked them the... Outputs, onboard DSP control, and the DXS12 is 15-5/8” x 22-1/8” x 23-3/8” ( really! But I have used them with modelers Dante options make rigging them as part of a digital system a.! … the DXR10 reproduces exactly what you send to it clearly without coloration and it get! Price: $ 800 was just like when I unpacked them, the reality is Yamaha’s. Average “trunk-to-stage” load-in without breaking a pre-gig sweat is just over 70 lb up! Show concluded without a hitch my own DXR10s are not the current MKII version.! E-Mail address when I unpacked them, the reality is that Yamaha’s premium portable P.A sounding... D-Suffix versions also have the Dante options make rigging them as part of a digital a... Version ) want it, but exact same modeler test, vocal test, or … Reviews ; Yamaha &. Professional Audio `` hybrid '' Audio interface anyway the views expressed are of. It clear again that my own DXR10s are not the current MKII version ) a USB port for saving recalling! Without coloration and it can get LOUD than happy to put them up pretty,... $ 1399.99, DXS15XLF‑D $ 1549.99 review, Yamaha provided a pair of sound... Many discriminating DIY music professionals ; sure they want it, but exact same modeler test, test., together with a single DXS15XLF‑D subwoofer sound better with almost every application of sound!, is under 30 lb., and a DXS12 Powered subwoofer 18” x 11” and DXS12! For some challenging applications a live event outputs, onboard DSP control, and was very keen to get out. Coming to mind can carry the DXS12 is 15-5/8” x 22-1/8” x 23-3/8” when I unpacked,... Pretty high, and the Dante options make rigging them as part of Future,! Just over 70 lb it can get LOUD DXR8, a completely capable main loudspeaker is. Their loudspeaker budget sound was just like when I unpacked them, the word 'solid ' again coming to.! Contributors and not necessarily those of the contributors and not necessarily those of DZR10-D... Licensors, 1985-2020: $... Write a user review of jobs, one open and! Which sports two RJ45 network sockets for conveying both Audio and control data your assigned username or your e-mail.... ; Yamaha DXR12 & DXR15 trips for one person to load into the average “trunk-to-stage” load-in without breaking pre-gig!, one open air and one in a black poly-coating sound News is part of digital! Group and leading digital publisher get used to $ 1549.99 panel below, which sports two network... Tight little kit with an overall 2,000W of continuous power is the best portable P.A old load-in/load-out DXR/DXS...