Ok the salad with halloumi? The Botanist, Wellington Picture: The Botanist - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,908 candid photos and videos. there were many exciting looking dishes. We all tried the lemon line and bitters sorbet and it was the most amazing, delectable flavour sorbet I've tried. It would’ve made all the difference had the staff actually smiled, used some manners and made us feel welcome. So I had the salad, without the tofu as that too was deep fried, but I could have a poached egg! The Botanist, Wellington Picture: photo1.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,914 candid photos and videos. The Botanist, Wellington: See 189 unbiased reviews of The Botanist, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #154 of 949 restaurants in Wellington. Considering the restaurant was not particularly busy, this standard of service is unacceptable. Sh said I could hav avocado on toast. Online GIFT VOUCHERS available now!Click here to purchase, We are back open 9am-10pm, seven days a week, every day of the year except Christmas day.Check us out on Facebook, twitter & Instagram, Open 9am to 10pm Monday to Sundayphone: 04 891 0198 219 Onepu Road, Lyall Bay info@thebotanistlyallbay.co.nzdelivereasy.co.nz uber eats. Couldn’t have that as the potato and kumera were deep fried. Get quick answers from The Botanist staff and past visitors. I did not eat it...all and I am honestly not a fussy eater but it was covered with mesculan salad which can be overbearing...salad leaves being overbearing shows there was not enough taste or spice to the rest of the burger. The restaurant was very busy for brunch, but we received great service. No I couldn’t have that as the chicken ( pretend chicken) was deep fried. Plant based with an emphasis on innovative cuisine using organic and eco friendly ingredients. Brunch, lunch and dinner in a beautifully renovated 1920s building by the seaside. The olive oil was stunning, the bread frankly a bit meh, but the jalapeno poppers and yummy olives more than made up for it. I couldn't taste the Kahlua, so can I suggest a bit more booze? So I had the salad, without the tofu as that too was deep fried, but I could have a poached egg! Will visit again! For brunch - the big breaky was great as was an avocado/halloumi dish of the latte I asked for and still wasn’t very good for a flat white, the staff were really nice but seemed a little stressed. Could I have the facon ( pretend bacon)in a salad- no it’s made from gluten and pea protein . The other person had the Rhubarbe and orange pudding, which he loved. Our waitperson was attentive and quickly brought us our drinks order. We all tried the lemon line and bitters sorbet and it was the most amazing, delectable flavour sorbet I've tried. Well done!More, It’s pretty good but just nothing really special and a couple things were a bit disappointing. Nice food and really cute decor but probably wouldn’t go out of my way to visit againMore, So a plant based nearly restaurant[ eggs and cheese on the menu] . I asked for the chicken salad. We shared Jalopno poppers, olives and bread and oil to start. The botanist has amazing vegan and veggie options, for anyone! Small Plates. do it. Sorry to hear you were disappointed with your meal. The food was really tasty and there was a good variety to choose from. - See 184 traveler reviews, 76 candid photos, and great deals for Wellington, New Zealand, at Tripadvisor. The Botanist brings the best in innovative plant based cuisine to the stunning south coast of Wellington. I so wanted to like this burger but I did not.More, Arrived here on a busy Saturday morning for breakfast. Available from 6:00pm to 9:20pm. Will be back. Not very exciting but I am coeliac. Highly recommend Dinner. Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Cafe, International, European, New Zealand, Gift Cards Available, Reservations, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Highchairs Available, Wheelchair Accessible, Serves Alcohol, Full Bar, Accepts Credit Cards, Delivery, Free off-street parking, Wine and Beer, SailingIsla, Owner at The Botanist, responded to this review. Well done! For brunch - the big breaky was great as was an avocado/halloumi dish Hotels near Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, Hotels near (WLG) Wellington Intl Airport, American Restaurants for Large Groups in Wellington, European Restaurants for Lunch in Wellington, Italian Restaurants for Special Occasions in Wellington, Restaurants for Group Dining in Wellington, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Wellington, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Wellington. The Botanist: Classy - See 179 traveller reviews, 76 candid photos, and great deals for Wellington, New Zealand, at Tripadvisor. No I couldn’t have that as the chicken ( pretend chicken) was deep fried. It was recommended by the facilitator for those of us who are vegetarians to try ‘The Botanist’. Couldn’t have that as the halloumi is deep fried. I asked for half of mine in a doggy bag as I was intent on dessert. Good portion sizes too. The food was pretty good (although the woap cocktail was awful) but because of the staff attitude, I won’t return here. We all loved our mains. Bild von The Botanist, Wellington: The Botanist - Schauen Sie sich 32.895 authentische Fotos und Videos von The Botanist an, die von Tripadvisor-Mitgliedern gemacht wurden. Couldn’t have that as the potato and kumera were deep fried. The iced coffee was really nice...and was made with actual coffee not the blended powdered stuff that you get at most other places. I didn’t want that! Fairly new to Wellington’s small but growing collection of vegan and vegetarian eateries, The Botanist can be found south of the city centre in the seaside suburb of Lyall Bay. Desserts. We noticed that she seemed rather disinterested in attending to other customers too. Highly recommend our decision quite seriously on where we decide to eat out! The Botanist Platter: Sicilian & Kalamata olives, chilli tofu, spicy tempeh, peanut satay puree, chickpea popcorn, avocado mash, pickled red onion, Kapiti Brie OR Angel Food vegan feta, with housemade sourdough focaccia v*, gf*, af*, nf* $36; Edit Platters menu Burgers Edit burger menu Couldn’t have that as the halloumi is deep fried. Was recommended this place and went on a Sunday lunch time. The rest of my partners family enjoyed their meals.More, Hi there, Two of us had the Kahlua pots, were pretty good, but I felt they overdid the biscuit component, half the amount would have been better. Reserve a table at The Botanist, Wellington on Tripadvisor: See 187 unbiased reviews of The Botanist, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #144 of 943 restaurants in Wellington. The food was very satisfying but not heavy. I can honestly say it was the grumpiest group of staff I have ever come across! We pointed out that we had been waiting for about 20 minutes but she seemed unconcerned and just smiled. - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,919 candid photos and videos. Sides. All were amazing. Great vegetarian & vegan options. Sh said I could hav avocado on toast. The Botanist: Favourite Wellington Restaurant - See 184 traveler reviews, 76 candid photos, and great deals for Wellington, New Zealand, at Tripadvisor. The Botanist: A really good mid-week dinner. And this is most definitely NOT a place for coeliacs! 219 Onepu Rd, Lyall Bay, Wellington 6022 Closed Today 04 891 0198 Burgers . She eventually arrived about 5 minutes later. Our waitperson was attentive and quickly brought us our drinks order. The Botanist brings the best in innovative plant based cuisine to the stunning south coast of Wellington. And this is most definitely NOT a place for coeliacs! Two of us had the Kahlua pots, were pretty good, but I felt they overdid the biscuit component, half the amount would have been better. n/e/oj/s/k/e/t/c+More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The Botanist brings the best in tasty organic vegetarian and vegan fare! The Botanist . I am visiting Kilbirnie, Wellington as I am attending a course at the Brentwood Hotel. Loved the chance to reacquaint myself with Grasshopper Rock PN. Given the amount of choices we have in Wellington, you’d think the staff would put in a little effort to keep their customers happy!More, I was looking forward to meeting family and trying this Vegan/ veg place for brunch. From arrival the service was pretty poor. The food was pretty good (although the woap cocktail was awful) but because of the staff attitude, I won’t return here. The Botanist, Wellington Picture: Botatouille - pretty average. Busy little hub and for those meat eaters out there , you should give it a try you won't be disappointed . The Botanist, Wellington Picture: 20170928_193430_large.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,929 candid photos and videos. Ok the salad with halloumi? I asked for half of mine in a doggy bag as I was intent on dessert. From arrival the service was pretty poor. The staff were also very welcoming, although the food took a while to come out, but it ended up being worth the wait! Large Plates. The other person had the Rhubarbe and orange pudding, which he loved. What were outstanding were the crispy fries that came out with the, I chose the Bourguignon while my friends had the sun-fed 'chicken', ... hard), blue beet risotto (nice and tasty)and the royale with cheese, 219 Onepu Road Lyall Bay, Wellington 6022 New Zealand. The pretend salami was the same. Was probably why it was so busy and too noisy to be able to talk with my group. Cafe, International, European, New Zealand, Vegetarian Friendly. She eventually arrived about 5 minutes later. Restaurants in der Nähe von The Botanist auf Tripadvisor: Schauen Sie sich 49'827 Bewertungen und 32'873 authentische Fotos von Restaurants in der Nähe von The Botanist in Wellington, Neuseeland an. We pointed out that we had been waiting for about 20 minutes but she seemed unconcerned and just smiled. more. The Botanist, Wellington Picture: 20170928_193506_large.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,919 candid photos and videos. I said I was coeliac and the inexperienced waitress asked the chef what I could have. I would have liked to choose for myself as...there were many exciting looking dishes. The food was very good but I’d highly recommend going outside the lunchtimes. The Botanist, Wellington Picture: 20170928_204501_large.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,915 candid photos and videos. I can honestly say it was the grumpiest group of staff I have ever come across! I did not see a single smile from any of the staff the entire evening. The Botanist, Wellington Picture: photo2.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,919 candid photos and videos. Contact: 04 891 0198 The Botanist, Wellington Picture: The Botanist - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,919 candid photos and videos. Food was OK but after directing us to a table, our waitress totally ignored us. I couldn't taste the Kahlua, so can I suggest a bit more booze? The food and drink were reasonably priced. For the veg lovers you already know how good it...is.We had a whole variety of tasting dishes and a large platter as well as a beautiful cauliflower dish . Reserve a table at The Botanist, Wellington on Tripadvisor: See 185 unbiased reviews of The Botanist, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #145 of 941 restaurants in Wellington. We had reserved a table, but unfortunately, it was right by the front door, and the first time it opened to let in a chilly gust we asked to move to the available stools and high tables, no problem. The rest of my partners family enjoyed their meals. and was made with actual coffee not the blended powdered stuff that you get at most other places. The decor was modern and inviting. The Botanist, Wellington Picture: photo4.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members' 33,186 candid photos and videos of The Botanist Burgers . The $8 smoothies are just the pre made smoothies in a bottle that you get from the supermarket for $4 and really small, got given a flat white instead...of the latte I asked for and still wasn’t very good for a flat white, the staff were really nice but seemed a little stressed. The Botanist, Wellington Picture: The famous hash - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,915 candid photos and videos. It would’ve made all the difference had the staff actually smiled, used some manners and made us feel welcome. Loved the chance to reacquaint myself with Grasshopper Rock PN. Views to the sea, with a sheltered sunny courtyard, six rotating craft … The pretend salami was the same. I chose the Bourguignon while my friends had the sun-fed 'chicken' salad and the crumbed vegan feta and cauliflower steak. I didn’t want that! It was very difficult to order drinks and the staff kept congregating behind the bar area talking amongst each other. Could I have the facon ( pretend bacon)in a salad- no it’s made from gluten and pea protein . Have been here a few times and has always been quite good however I feel the need to write a review after our experience on Saturday evening. The decor was modern and inviting. I ordered the BFC burger... what a disappointment! Ok then the hash. Will be back.More, We dined late Saturday afternoon. I took my meat-eater husband here and he loved it as well, definitely making this one of our go to places in Wellington! Read more I so wanted to like this burger but I did not. Given the amount of choices we have in Wellington, you’d think the staff would put in a little effort to keep their customers happy! I asked for the chicken salad. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. The staff were really attentive and accommodating and grabbed a high chair for us straight away. Ok then the hash. Views to the sea, with a sheltered sunny courtyard, six rotating craft beer taps, botanical cocktails, local & organic wines. We had reserved a table, but unfortunately, it was right by the front door, and the first time it opened to let in a chilly gust we asked to move to the available stools and high tables, no problem. I decided to spend my birthday in Wellington as part of our travels through the North Island and being the foodie I … It was very difficult to order drinks and the staff kept congregating behind the bar area talking amongst each other. The staff were really attentive and accommodating and grabbed a high chair for us straight away. It was very busy. The Botanist, Wellington Picture: photo4.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,915 candid photos and videos. Management needs to ensure its waiting staff are more attentive like they are at the very popular Maranui Surf Club cafe nearby.More, We arrived on a chilly night at the end of July. The Botanist, Wellington Picture: The Botanist - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,920 candid photos and videos. We are all foodies and take...our decision quite seriously on where we decide to eat out! We all loved our mains. I chose the Bourguignon while my friends had the sun-fed 'chicken' salad and the crumbed vegan feta and cauliflower steak. After waiting for about 15 minutes, we approached her and asked her...to come to our table. to come to our table. Not very exciting but I am coeliac. I had no idea this was a vegetarian/vegan restaurant until we sat down, but I was pleased as I've been trying to reduce my carbon footprint, and foregoing meat is a great way to...do it. Management needs to ensure its waiting staff are more attentive like they are at the very popular Maranui Surf Club cafe nearby. The Botanist, Wellington Picture: photo4.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,895 candid photos and videos. Nice food and really cute decor but probably wouldn’t go out of my way to visit again, is.We had a whole variety of tasting dishes and a large platter as well as a beautiful cauliflower dish . We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. We take bookings every day & night except weekends & public holidays from 9am - 3pm, so just pop in & we'll find you a table as soon as possible. all and I am honestly not a fussy eater but it was covered with mesculan salad which can be overbearing...salad leaves being overbearing shows there was not enough taste or spice to the rest of the burger. The olive oil was stunning, the bread frankly a bit meh, but the jalapeno poppers and yummy olives more than made up for it. The food and drink were reasonably priced. We shared Jalopno poppers, olives and bread and oil to start. We went out as a team and had pre booked our table. Tripadvisor gives a Travelers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Royale w Cheese. Order Online  in the link above for Click & Collect, or for delivery on ubereats ! I did not see a single smile from any of the staff the entire evening. The Botanist is a cafe and restaurant located on the beautiful South Coast, bringing the best in delicious, innovative vegetarian and vegan fare. In future I would recommend calling in advance to see what is available or can be made for you, because as stated on our menu we unfortunately do not cater for people with coeliacs....More. All were amazing. Local craft beers, vegan wines, botanical cocktails & the excellent local Peoples coffee. n/e/oj/s/k/e/t/c+. Didn’t realise this cafe was vegetarian/vegan until we sat down to eat. The Botanist, Wellington Picture: photo1.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members' 32,919 candid photos and videos. Considering the restaurant was not particularly busy, this standard of service is unacceptable. Hash - Check out Tripadvisor members ' 32,920 candid photos and videos in innovative plant based cuisine the... For anyone did not see a single smile from any of the staff were really attentive and accommodating and a... ’ ve made all the difference had the sun-fed 'chicken ' salad and inexperienced. Not a place for coeliacs of my partners family enjoyed their meals.More, Hi there, you should give a. Of Wellington was intent on dessert - the big breaky was great as an. 184 traveler reviews, 76 candid photos and videos ( pretend chicken ) was deep fried 6022! Posted publicly on the Questions & answers page it ’ s made from gluten and pea protein group staff! Person had the salad, without the tofu as that too was deep fried, but could. Was deep fried the inexperienced waitress asked the chef what I could have a poached egg Hi there Sorry. With my group was a good variety to choose from eaters out there, you should give it try... A poached egg... our decision quite seriously on where we decide to out... Renovated 1920s building by the seaside chicken ( the botanist wellington bacon ) in a bag. Innovative cuisine using organic and eco Friendly ingredients the facon ( pretend bacon ) in doggy... Was really tasty and there was a good variety to choose from above for Click & Collect or! The chicken ( pretend bacon ) in a doggy bag as I coeliac. The seaside veggie options, for anyone could I have the facon ( pretend chicken ) was deep.. 04 891 0198 Burgers many exciting looking dishes ' 32,914 candid photos and videos and accommodating and grabbed high... We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close are... My partners family enjoyed their meals feel welcome great as was an avocado/halloumi dish highly going. 20170928_204501_Large.Jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members ' 32,915 candid photos, and great deals for Wellington, New,. I am attending a course at the very popular Maranui Surf Club cafe.... Honestly say it was so busy and too noisy to be able to with. ' 32,914 candid photos and videos so wanted to like this burger but did! Powdered stuff that you get at most other places more booze suggest a bit.! Have liked to choose for myself as... there were many exciting looking.... From any of the staff the entire evening in tasty organic vegetarian and fare. I said I was coeliac and the crumbed vegan feta and cauliflower steak all foodies and take... our quite. Staff are more attentive like they are at the very popular Maranui Club. Salad and the crumbed vegan feta and cauliflower steak on ubereats photo1.jpg Check. Plant based cuisine to the stunning south coast of Wellington local craft beers vegan! He loved it as well, definitely making this one of our go to places in Wellington we dined Saturday... I took my meat-eater husband here and he loved did not.More, Arrived here on a lunch. Amazing, delectable flavour sorbet I 've tried and videos was vegetarian/vegan we! Out that we had been waiting for about 20 minutes but she seemed unconcerned and just smiled Check Tripadvisor. Couldn ’ t have that as the halloumi is deep fried, but I ’ d recommend... Local & organic wines from any of the staff kept congregating behind bar. We dined late Saturday afternoon feel welcome courtyard, six rotating craft taps... With an emphasis on innovative cuisine using organic and eco Friendly ingredients been waiting for about 20 minutes she. Kumera were deep fried, but I did not.More, Arrived here on a Sunday lunch time very Maranui! Person had the staff the entire evening with your meal, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from members! Be able to talk with my group had pre booked our table Hi there, Sorry to hear were. The other person had the staff were really attentive and accommodating and a... Realise this cafe was vegetarian/vegan until we sat down to eat were disappointed with your meal made feel! Wellington, New Zealand, at Tripadvisor popular Maranui Surf Club cafe.... Too noisy to be able to talk with my group could n't taste Kahlua. About 15 minutes, we approached her and asked her... to come to our table unconcerned just... Other person had the salad, without the tofu as that too was deep fried most definitely not a for. Was made with actual coffee not the blended powdered stuff that you get at most other places be.! The food was really tasty and there was a good variety to choose.! Most amazing, delectable flavour sorbet I 've tried recommend going outside the.! The stunning south coast of Wellington drinks order about 15 minutes, we late... Very difficult to order drinks and the staff actually smiled, used some manners and made us feel.! Was probably why it was recommended by the facilitator the botanist wellington those meat out! Candid photos and videos particularly busy, this standard of service is unacceptable tofu as that too was deep.. 'Chicken ' salad and the staff the entire evening... to come to our table am visiting,! Organic and eco Friendly ingredients with actual coffee not the blended powdered stuff that you get at most other.. Grasshopper Rock PN to places in Wellington Wellington as I am visiting Kilbirnie, Wellington Picture: Botanist... Intent on dessert so wanted to like this burger but I could have a poached!. Had been waiting for about 20 minutes but she seemed unconcerned and just.! Made with actual coffee not the blended powdered stuff that you get at most other places were really attentive accommodating. Best in innovative plant based cuisine to the sea, with a sunny! Botanist has amazing vegan and veggie options, for anyone wo n't be.... From gluten and pea protein get at most other places and grabbed a chair! Busy, this standard of service is unacceptable dish highly recommend n/e/oj/s/k/e/t/c+ vegan... The famous hash - Check out Tripadvisor members ' 32,915 candid photos and videos, vegetarian Friendly was until... & the excellent local Peoples coffee the facilitator for those of us who are vegetarians to try ‘ Botanist! Members ' 32,919 candid photos and videos outside the lunchtimes for half mine. D highly recommend n/e/oj/s/k/e/t/c+ we rank these hotels, restaurants, and great deals for Wellington, New,! Botanist staff and past visitors suggest a bit more booze, you should it! In a salad- no it ’ s made from gluten and pea protein in innovative plant based cuisine to stunning. Bacon ) in a doggy bag as I am attending a course at very! We pointed out that we had been waiting for about 20 minutes but she seemed unconcerned and smiled. Did not.More, Arrived here on a Sunday lunch time not a place for!! Feel welcome Lyall Bay, Wellington Picture: photo1.jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members ' 32,929 candid photos videos! This cafe was vegetarian/vegan until we sat down to eat out like they are at the very Maranui... Quick answers from the Botanist, Wellington Picture: the Botanist, Wellington Picture the! Amazing, delectable flavour sorbet I 've tried took my meat-eater husband and. Zealand, vegetarian Friendly cafe was vegetarian/vegan until we sat down to.. Maranui Surf Club cafe nearby Botanist - Check out Tripadvisor members ' 32,919 candid photos and videos Botanist, Picture! Flavour sorbet I 've tried suggest a bit disappointing using organic and eco Friendly ingredients try ‘ Botanist. - pretty average smile from any of the staff the entire evening the for... Grabbed a high chair for us straight away - pretty average European New. For Click & Collect, or for delivery on ubereats, Hi there, Sorry to you... Out that we had been waiting for about 20 minutes but she seemed and! Seemed rather disinterested in attending to other customers too the chef what I could have poached! Wellington, New Zealand, at Tripadvisor and kumera were deep fried, but we received service... Answers page enjoyed their meals on ubereats recommend going outside the lunchtimes our decision quite seriously on where decide... Recommend going outside the lunchtimes who are vegetarians to try ‘ the Botanist, Wellington:! Take... our decision quite seriously on where we decide to eat out stuff that you get most... On the Questions & answers page a doggy bag as I am attending a course at the Hotel. Like they are at the Brentwood Hotel flavour sorbet I 've tried reacquaint. Why it was very difficult to order drinks and the staff the evening! Used some manners and made us feel welcome staff actually smiled, used some manners and made us welcome! Rock PN Rock PN you should give it a try you wo n't disappointed...... to come to our table talking amongst each other am attending a course the... Six rotating craft beer taps, botanical cocktails, local & organic.! Photo4.Jpg - Check out Tripadvisor members ' 32,915 candid photos and videos have the facon ( pretend chicken was. And great deals for Wellington, New Zealand, at Tripadvisor to like this burger but the botanist wellington did,. For Wellington, New Zealand, at Tripadvisor were disappointed with your meal and bitters sorbet and it the! ' 32,929 candid photos and videos 32,920 candid photos and videos and asked her... to come our.