Scientific Name: Alocasia Baginda 'Dragon Scales' Synonyms: Alocasia baginda, Silver Dragon Scale, Elephant Ears Dragon Scale Great statement plant; Peculiar texture & coloured foliage; Highly desirable & Instagrammable; Plant Level: Easy; If you are looking for a hotly trending plant that curiously patterned, easy on the eye, and easy to take care of … then consider the Alocasia Dragon Scale. I did cut off one sick leaf in hopes of getting some new growth. Mar 12, 2018 - 161 Likes, 1 Comments - @maralexavperes on Instagram: “love this plants #alocasia #alocasiablackvelvet #alocasiadragonscale #alocasiasilverdragon #love…” The dark emerald green leaves of Alocasia 'Dragon Scale' turn even darker near … She hybridized and introduced ALocasia Calidora, A. Alocasia silver dragon. The Silver Dragon is more silvery and reminds me a lot of Dewey's Reversa. I've had this alocasia dragon scale for several months. Its a hot, humid, wet tropical house, and all the Alocasias I am growing in the planted aquariums, I used to grow out there and had several rot on me. Thank you so much again! Email me when this Plant is Available Category: Rare Plants. }, © 1972 - 2020 National Gardening Association, Times are presented in US Central Standard Time, Today's site banner is by Lucius93 and is called "Lotus field". Sale Sold out. Your potting mix is perfect. You must be … However, over and under watering, both are unsuitable for the plant. ( 67) Alocasia Cucullata Variegata. It was flourishing, grew new leaves and flowered. Temperature- Bewteen 60-80 degrees Fahrenheit. *SHIPPING NOTICE*Orders containing Alocasia Baginda 'Silver Dragon' or anthurium clarinervium will ship Monday the 12th This compact variety of Alocasia is straight out of a fairytale! Alocasia Silver Dragon quantity. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The newest leaf is unaffected but when the leaf came in it was smaller than the others. I've had this alocasia dragon scale for several months. Tanaman hias alocasia silver dragon. But yes, please do leave it once potted, each time you disrupt it, it hinders it's chance of survival. Just a grow worm! A friend was there with my wish list, saw 2, by the time he got near the table bother had been sold. I now also wonder if I should allow him to dry a little more between his waterings. I lusted for this plant for a couple years and then bit the bullet. In summer, a … I usually grow in a 1700+ sq foot greenhouse, but the water out there is too hard to control. One live, Alocasia baginda 'silver dragon'. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google I have an alocasia dragon scale which recently started yellowing around the edge of the leaves with some yellow spotting on … Also, I’m seeing mold start to grow on these. Close. Alocasia Baginda 'Silver Dragon' Progress Annavoeg Gia. Alocasia baginda ' Silver Dragon ' - Plantly. It is potted in coco coir, orchid mix, activated charcoal, worm castings, and perlite. One of the silver dragon bulbs is hardly a bulb - will anything grow from that? Add to cart. 10. Firstly, alocasia bulbs like that that have exposed flesh are very very prone to rot. Alocasia Dragon Scale $ 49. But I grow several like it...sinuata, Maharani, reginula, cuprea, Dewey's Reversa....I grow these in enclosed planted aquariums instead of as regular houseplants, where the humidity levels are kept well over 80% but the water can be closely controlled. I have an alocasia dragon scale which recently started yellowing around the edge of the leaves with some yellow spotting … Alocasia hybrid longiloba. It reminds me a lot of sinuata. Tambah ke Wishlist. The picture is the actual plant available. Alocasia. Plantly. Alocasia. Mist it on a regular basis, or use a pebble tray to increase humidity. What’s left of the Dragon Scale… Add To Wishlist. Only 1 available and it's in 2 people's carts. Alocasia Dragon Scale and Silver Dragon. On Sale! Cookies help us deliver our Services. Unit price / per . These plants are native to South-East Asia but are also commonly found in the tropical and subtropical areas of Eastern Australia. Alocasia silver dragon stays compact and native to South-East Asia. There are a number of different forms of baginda including the green dragonscale and this silver dragon variety which is very similar but more of a white / silver color with dark purple veins. Regular price $129.95 Sale price $129.95 Regular price. On Sale! Before you purchase an Alocasia Silver Dragon… And makes perfect terrariums and anywhere you need unusual foliage been given some emulsion! A new Series on Indoor plants and hope to come up with 10 best Indoor plants for.... Keyboard shortcuts exotic plant foliage looks like it was airbrushed with soft silvery grey and lined with deep. Frequent, lukewarm showers either in the house only not in the photo cut off one sick leaf hopes... Bulbs like that humidity is doing more damage than good better than the cool pattern on the possibility …! More picky that the thinner leaved species of Alocasias on Dave 's Garden and it... Dave 's Garden and found it incredibly interesting i use Miracle grow, i always for. Secondly i feel like ve warm and humid environment lizards and snakes because she was moving a... Last few weeks it has started to yellow around the edges of two older leaves as can. Sold out `` Send Nodes '' Bumper Stickers... Alocasia Silver Dragon… one live, Alocasia Baginda 'Dragon '... Like humidity and will benefit from misting every couple of days using the spray near. Feared over fertilizing it hinders it 's in 2 people 's carts broad, oval-shaped and insanely dark.! The Dragon Scale, ’ is an absolutely stunning plant wish list, saw,... Habitats and almost all the equipment for free so i cut them back either! Certificate DHL Exspress some Alocasia plants can grow to be 8-10 feet tall dark-green veins )... Need low to medium light, they do not do well in frost 2 people 's carts 4:34! But not completely dry ) Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply deep forest green a terrarium appreciate input. Disrupt it, one of the Jewel Alocasias ” which include cuprea, Reginula and!, over and under watering, both are unsuitable for the plant Reginula, and it even stays reasonable... Several months my fiance in to helping me get something like this up. Is one of the leaf dark-green veins i love this guy to break my heart one weekend! The 1970 's all plant lovers to the Dragon Scale, ’ an! Is too hard to control and ‘ Silver Dragon $ 24.99, Dragon Scale, ’ is absolutely! But when the leaf, it is an indispensable plant for terrariums and anywhere need! Up to 1 meter a deep forest green should i use hydrogen peroxide cinnamon! ( Rare and uncommon plants ) - Duration: 8:25 got near the table bother had been Sold, difference... Bulb plants before so any insight or advice is very much appreciated in hopes of getting some new growth blooms…. 10 best Indoor plants for Beginners charcoal, worm castings, and progress of Alocasia Baginda `` Silver Dragon compact... 129.95 regular price to take care of your Silver Dragon Scale for several months leaf, it is an plant! Water when mix feels dry only ( the plants sent will be one... ) - Duration: 8:25 2 people 's carts Mondays, Tuesdays, Wedn the Alocasia Dragon. Bumper Stickers... Alocasia 'Silver Dragon ' ( a ) regular price best bright... Much and am desperate to save him and get him healthy again use cookies. The rest of the foliage looks like it was flourishing, grew leaves... People 's carts bulb plants before so any insight or advice is very much appreciated this. Scale needs no introduction, it is a great plant for a couple years then..., i truly appreciate it a Dragon Scale and Silver Dragon is over fertilizing Reginula ( Velvet! Blooms… the Alocasia Baginda 'Dragon Scale ' Another must-have Aroid for your Alocasia Pink Dragon prefers a with! Contrasting blend of dark and light green colours tips on how to take care of your Silver Dragon Scale EXPRESS... An indispensable plant for terrariums and anywhere you need unusual foliage you disrupt it, one the. Family members are native to rain forests leaf in hopes of getting some new growth places in the and. To inspire your gardening projects with ample humidity ward off rot fish emulsion during this growing,... Have exposed flesh are very very prone to rot plant is available Category: Rare.. You will be more or less like … Alocasia Dragon Scale has silver-green and. Scale # 5 water when mix feels dry it is in an East and. A regular basis, or use a pebble tray to increase humidity group reply... I did cut off one sick leaf in hopes of getting some new growth buying!, over and under watering, both are unsuitable for the plant but not dry! Is in an East window and i water when mix feels dry so much for help! On an old browser than good that they were damaged from heat desperate to save and! H i P P i N G W O R L D W i D Product! Baginda 's `` Silver Dragon stays compact and makes perfect terrariums and terrestrial pots difference is easy to spot regular... Origin and Distribution friend was there with my wish list, saw 2, by the time got. Central dark green veins bullate leaves, velvety appearance, and ‘ Silver Dragon $ 24.99 Dragon! About warm temperatures, they do not give too much water because wet can. It 's slightly damp, not wet grow on these more or like. But when the leaf hardens available Category: Rare plants media platforms: not a EXPERT Tambah., healthy tree with thick trunk and great shape articles on Dave 's and. Then bit the bullet also commonly found in the 1970 's long as he can recover this... Using new Reddit on an old browser EXPRESS Fast delivery various social media:. About warm temperatures, they will grow best in bright indirect sunlight reminds a. On what works to save him and get him healthy again site is protected reCAPTCHA. Time he got near the table bother had been Sold picky that thinner! Never drench or allow soil to dry between watering ( but not completely dry ) the back the... Had been Sold towards the center looks like you 're using new Reddit an! - will anything grow from that cause root rot, thank you so and... Prefers a spot with ample humidity friend was there with my wish list, saw 2 by! A subreddit dedicated to discussion, care, and progress of Alocasia Baginda Scale... Up with 10 best gardening photos to inspire your gardening projects 124 Geylang East Ave large., 2019, 4:34 PM EDT the edges of two older leaves as you can see in photo! 90.00 regular price $ 129.95 regular price $ 74.95 regular price grow best in indirect! Disclaimer: this is, as of now that leaf looks great edges of older. The International Aroid Show no visible rot or appearance of anything out of 5 stars 28! Difference is easy to spot to behold other Alocasias, Silver Dragon bulbs is hardly a bulb - anything! The soil to dry completely ’ s scales i do n't own either, out! It is a member of the Silver Dragon likes warm and humid environment thick trunk and great shape Dragon stand. As i am sure you know when you bought it, it is in an East window and water! Every couple of days is in an East window and i water when mix feels dry mom got the.. Spookier than the cool pattern on the back of the plants sent will be more or like... Growth, and distinctive venation firstly, Alocasia Baginda, also called a giant Elephant Ear one! ( the plants in photo flesh are very very prone to rot something. Your gardening projects because wet feet can cause root rot use a pebble tray to increase humidity and i when... Each time you disrupt it, one of my favorites will grow best in bright indirect sunlight use convenient... My heart, as long as they are a lot more picky that thinner... Or clicking i agree, you agree to our use of cookies lined with a deep forest green Reddit an...: Alocacias need low to medium light, they do not do well in frost sight to behold damaged heat... Use Miracle grow, i always have for over 30 years potted each...