$ 1,675. The name is no lie: this speciality shop at the end of Atlantic/the earth will absolutely supply you with hatchets. It’s a tank in Bugatti clothing. This store exists to sell suits, but expect buying one to take a while, so you aren’t forced to rush admiring a mighty fine selection of Alden shoes and boots—including cordovan tankers, jumpers, and longwings. And definitely keep checking this story, as the shoe landscape across the city evolves. 152 Spring St, between W. Broadway and Wooster. 53 W 8th St Frnt 1. A post shared by Ellie (@slipintostyle) on May 29, 2019 at 12:38am PDT. Nike Sportswear Windrunner. Their spacious, well-adorned shop—which includes a door from the very shed in which the late Reginald Murray Williams himself started making his first boots—carries a few other handsome boots and sneakers, too. Find great deals on Clothing & shoes in New York, NY on OfferUp. Discover your style today. Maybe thousands. Starting at $500, they’re available in leathers ranging from various colors of calf, to incredibly supple kangaroo, to the exotics you’d expect from a company founded by a man who spent serious portions of his life traversing the Australian outback. Production happens in the shoe region of Italy, Montegranaro, where SCAROSSO benefits from over 40 years of experience that the shoemakers have passed on from generations. ), 10 Christopher St, between Greenwich and Gay. Comfortable shoes are a necessity even if you’re headed out for a ballet at Lincoln Center later in the day. Doing what little we can do keep incredible places like Moulded Shoe thriving and unchanged is one of the goals of Stitchdown. Formal enough for date night and casual enough for everyday wear, these shoes are just the right amount of stylish without compromising comfort. Here are the shoes women are wearing in Paris: www.findingnoon.com Are the same looks, ballerines, low boots and kitty kat heels in there, too? After closing his West Village shop and a number of stores throughout Japan, Fowler is “looking for another angle” on a true storefront, but in the meantime is happy to sell you something from a wondrous backstock of shoes and boots out of his studio (and through his website). SANDALS; FLATS; PUMPS; Last Call $19.99 Shoes Shop Now. Nike Sportswear NYC . In 2012, the shop moved to this location five blocks further north. Here’s how the price-range dollar signs work: each $ is equivalent to about $200. Their first store, smack in the middle of Soho, is a fantastic stake in the ground. Also, the Paris sidewalks are murder on my heels. Shipping and local meet-up options available. You see his work (sketches of new clothing; overheard, very extended conversations about buttons), his loves (vintage Italian scooters; timeless, impeccably built workwear), and most importantly for this particular publication, his shoes. On top of that, Leffot’s constantly refreshed pre-owned program is absolutely worth a look (at least once weekly, honestly). If you’ve never owned a pair of Allen Edmonds, it’s entirely possible that don’t own any shoes at all. It goes without saying that high heels are not your friend when it comes to walking around New York City. Pelotas Peu Twins Wabi. I love pairing them with a denim skirt when it’s warm and with frayed-hem jeans during the colder months. 191 Church St. New York, NY 10007. Whatever you do - do not come to NYC is a pair of shoes that are not broken in yet. Red Wing has hundreds of stores across the country, including one in Alaska…and two in Hawaii! Men's NYC Jacket. As a New York City college student, comfort is key when it comes to shoes. There are hundreds of shoes stores in New York City. Their museum-quality Midtown shop offers phenomenal customer service and education under the guidance of manager Kevin Hill, who’s been at the helm since the shop opened—and they just opened a more modern-designed store in Soho. Bags Small Accessories … 130 Greene St, between Houston and Prince, 2 Floor. If you love the service at Crockett, also be sure to get to J.M. Featured Shoes. We're offering Contactless Curbside Pickup at Nordstrom NYC at 57th and Broadway. I beg you: go see it for yourself. About Us. But there’s only one that carries the entire Red Wing Heritage line—this one, right here, in Tribeca. Superstar Distressed Leather and Suede Sneakers, Blanche Velvet-Trimmed Leather Ankle Boots, A post shared by Erica Choi 최유진 (@eggcanvas), A post shared by Janelle Marie Lloyd (@waityouneedthis), A post shared by Coco Cuenco (@cococuenco), chunky dad sneakers are out, and sleek athletic sneakers are in, A post shared by alyssa coscarelli (@alyssainthecity), A post shared by Caroline Daur (@carodaur), check out the only shoe trends NYC girls will be wearing this fall. 116 Franklin St, between W. Broadway and Church. Happy Holidays! Whether you're walking, traveling, or exercising, you can limit nerve damage and protect your feet with these expert-recommended shoes for neuropathy. But they also hold the distinction of being one of the few stores in the US to carry U.K. stalwart Joseph Cheaney’s line of oxfords, split-toe derbies, Chelsea boots, and chukkas. Not necessarily quite as reserved are collaborations with brands like Timberland and Dr. Marten’s. Four years into its journey, Taft has established itself as a go-to brand for anyone who wants more—not a little more, a LOT more—on the style side of things when it comes to boots and shoes. There are hundreds of shoes stores in New York City. Shoe Stores Shoe Repair Clothing Stores (212) 766-5839. Here, you don't just buy a shoe, you are expertly fitted for proper footwear. Most of them, unfortunately, are not great. This look is one of my favorites to wear to class purely because of its comfort, but it’s also elevated enough for a coffee or lunch date. Over the years, stupendously knowledgeable owner Steven Taffel has curated and re-curated and re-re-curated an airtight lineup of what could certainly be said to be (I’m saying it!) No! Sure, you can get your Iron Rangers and 875 Moc-Toes in every leather offered in Red Wing’s main collection. Owner Mark Cho has a rich history of identifying shoemakers that are under-appreciated or even unknown in the States: he was the first to convince Carmina they needed to sell in the US a half-decade ago, and is also the only stateside shop selling the otherworldly ready-to-wear line from Japanese bespoke maestro Yohei Fukuda. While it might sound counter-intuitive to wear white sneakers in one of the world's dirtiest cities, this timeless look is one I can't pass up! Oh they’ve got them too. I’ve personally bought two pairs from these fellas (these Indy boots, and my color 8 cordovan longwing bluchers—getting married is just one fantastic excuse to pick a pair of those up), and don’t plan on stopping there. A direct-to-consumer model that sells only through their website, a shop in Madrid, and this roomy second floor loft in Soho around the corner from shops selling pairs of boxers for the same price. Which is why I’ll continue to update this story as I visit shops I’ve been dying to get to, and new places open, and I get tipped off to stores I just don’t know about—if you have one you love, definitely shoot an email to editors@stitchdown.com. Everything 50%-80% Off No Exclusions + 10% Off $50 (Code GIFT10). And of course that shell cordovan: the world’s most durable and perfect shoe leather, made from the rear quarters of a horse instead of the calf leather you see on most shoes. To me, a good sneaker is everything when it comes to maintaining style and comfort. New; Shoes . Maybe thousands. READ THE FULL, IN-DEPTH STITCHDOWN PROFILE OF MOULDED SHOE, Nepenthes: Street Style Meets Classic British Country Shoes. The Roger Vivier Collection . They also sell the (significantly cheaper) often quite handsome J. Crew-brand shoes. Wish I could buy one in every color. They’ve got both downtown and Midtown canvassed, including two shops literally a block apart near Grand Central, because, why the hell not? From Business: Lugz are shoes for the hip hop generation. A post shared by Caroline Daur (@carodaur) on Jan 23, 2019 at 2:39pm PST. play/pause. Are any John Lobbs, even the ready-to-wear collection, um, “affordable”? SUPPORT STITCHDOWN—AND GET SOME GREAT FREE STUFF—BY JOINING STITCHDOWN PREMIUM. I actually also have bigger features on both of them coming up so keep your eyes peeled. But you come here for the dozens upon dozens of distinctively red-soled Craftsman Chelseas. Nike Sportswear New York. They stock sizes 6 through 13 in medium and wide in all the styles and leathers you’re probably interested in. Loafers are sophisticated enough to wear to work or your Uptown dinner plans while remaining relaxed enough for class. Back when the entire point of shoes was quality, and longevity, and an ideal fit that can legitimately make your life better with every step. 0.7 miles. Lace Ups & Oxfords. Basic, I know, but this fashion staple is still a favorite of mine. Accessories. Nordstrom NYC, Nordstrom Rack and Nordstrom Local are now open in Manhattan. The Shoe Box carries women's designer shoes, clothing, and accessories from fashion-forward American and international designers. Curt, Aniello, and Anthony are experts at expert at sizing anyone into the range of Alden lasts, and have the stock to make good on those fits. (631) 499-9786. Ranked #1 for slip resistance. Viv' Skate Strass Buckle Sneakers in Soft Leather . Our selection . That's why we've rounded up thirteen of the best shoe stores for all walks of NYC life. Shoes Bags Accessories. Men's T-Shirt. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Most of them, unfortunately, are not great. Skip to content. Love a New York shoe shop that isn’t on this list? The Dean Chelsea Boot. Austin’s own bootmaker crafts Goodyear Welted and Blake Rapid-stitched boots that are at once classic and still quite different than all the Red Wing knockoffs you’ll see out there, and age beautifully. I had to break in every pair I had all over again. Much of it is available in shell cordovan—their volume of offerings in the ultimate shoe leather is probably second only to Alden itself—at a price that can only be considered reasonable. Broche Vivier Buckle Mules in Satin. Especially because they even mark down discontinued styles, something you almost never see on Aldens. Related: F/W 2020 Collection New Arrivals Bestsellers Gore-Tex Technology Customize. Perfect for any season, loafers are both comfortable and stylish! Slip resistant shoes, work shoes, work boots, clogs and overshoes. Serena and Blair might have made it look easy, but trust me, you'll end up with blisters and sore soles before you've even made it down your building's stairwell. This is excellent! Nice ones, too! A post shared by Janelle Marie Lloyd (@waityouneedthis) on Sep 4, 2018 at 12:32pm PDT. Weston. Fowler was one of the billion-year-old British brand’s most frequent and creative collaborators for years, which means you can 1) walk out with cordovan plain-toe derbies or boots at an honestly pretty crazy price, and 2) marvel at Fowler’s personal collection of Tricker’s boots, some of which are up to three decades old, and will prompt you to offer Grahame your car/house/similar to take them off his hands (he will say no). Never having owned a pair I can’t speak to their quality and longevity the way I’d like to (something that will almost definitely change before too long). The bulk of their deep line costs under $200, and even their upscale line built with higher-quality leathers comes in below $350. If you revere shoes, you simply must go to J.M. The company manufactures the Lugz brand that… 7. Thank you for putting such a wonderful list together, this is really helpful for folks like myself who don’t live in NYC, but travel there with some regularity (in part to shop for shoes that aren’t available in my home city). And unsurprisingly they’ve also got a tight selection of Aldens, because this is an important shoe store that sells important shoes, dammit. Chelsea boots are an incredibly versatile wardrobe staple, and heritage Aussie brand R.M. Even if you dream in crocodile. Luckily tons of brands are making more fashionable snow boots, so they're not hard to find! And while Taft may be more for the purely fashionable than those who nerd out on construction and leathers, Kory ensures that everything is built to impressively high standards while keeping prices mostly in the $250-$350 range. Brit-brand Drake’s does its trademark relaxed elegance as well as anyone, via ties, knitwear, blazers, and more. The legend of Williams himself—bushman, gold miner, author, and plenty more—is too deep and rich to recount here, but I strongly recommend giving this short but thick bio about his very long life a read. We're family now. A post shared by Coco Cuenco (@cococuenco) on Jan 12, 2019 at 9:11pm PST. In other words, those designer pumps you just bought might be gorgeous, but they definitely won’t do your feet any favors. Casual enough for class and stylish enough for brunch in SoHo, white sneakers are a must on my NYC shoe list. There is no shoe store in the world like Moulded Shoe. But email him at shop@grahamefowler.com or give him a ring at 718.482.7411 and he’ll be more than happy to spend some time with you and the shoes. How do they do it? For day-to-day running around, we'd point you towards No. Monk Straps. But everyone I know who owns a pair speaks highly of their out-of-the-shoebox comfort and build quality—they use durable leather soles from highly respected JR Redenbach, for instance, and Goodyear welt all their shoes, which is rare at this price point. While they also make a wingtip, loafer, and even a double monk (who doesn’t these days? Sneakers. 6 for their namesake clog booties, or Dolce Vita for affordable flats that last. Designed in New York. Boys Shoes Big Kids (3.5Y - 7Y) Little Kids (10.5C - 3Y) Baby & Toddler (0C - 10C) Lifestyle Running Basketball All Shoes Boys Clothing Big Kids (XS - XL) Little Kids (4 - 7) Baby & Toddler (0M - 4T) Hoodies & Sweatshirts Pants & Tights Jackets Tops & T-Shirts Nike Pro & Baselayer Shorts All Clothing Keep a pair in your bag at all times. The moment you walk in, the New York full of chaos, street meat, and people who don’t even realize they’re wearing terrible shoes melts away, as Bob and Tony take you through the brand’s storied history crafting astounding footwear since 1891—and repeatedly prove that they care more about shoes than most humans are capable of caring about anything. Stay up to date on the latest with Nike NYC. 45 E 45th St, between Madison and Grand Central. Weston is probably most famous for their Mocassin 180 loafer, a perfectly balanced, split-toe, supreme achievement of design. Last Name. Vivier Marlène Strass Mules in Velvet. Snow boots are a must-have in NYC (duh). If you’re looking for an incredibly well-made shoe around $500 that you can be reasonably certain everyone else at the party won’t be wearing—even if it’s a party full of people in the shoe industry—this is your place. Belts. $ 1,650. An upstart shoemaker from the Spanish island of Mallorca, Meermin has one major differentiator: price. 327 Grand St, between Havemeyer and Marcy (Brooklyn). By Anna Furman Posted: Wednesday January 13 … $ 1,095. Loafers. Most notable: these Quoddy-ish leather moccasins, and the Brunel workboot (also seen above), whose exquisite details make it pretty obvious that your apparent Red Wing moc-toes are actually not Red Wings at all. 123 Smith St, between Pacific and Dean (Brooklyn). $9.99 Tees & Sweaters, $14.99 Pants, $24.99 All Jeans + … You’ll see White’s and Sanders and a few Loakes, but things really get going when you start cracking open boxes of Tricker’s. For over a century, the only way to treat your feet to a pair of John Lobb shoes was through their bespoke service: working with a master bootmaker for up to a year to create a last that followed the exact contours of your feet, from which a masterpiece was made to your exact specifications. In 1982, the brand finally became accessible to more men with the introduction of a ready-to-wear line that carried over the brand’s exacting quality standards. (Press Enter) ... NYC-Inspired Apparel and Shoes. The Crockett & Jones range swings from chiseled oxfords, to wingtip double monks, to some truly exceptional country boots, to one of my personal favorites: the plain toe derby in a wonderfully pebbled Scotch grain leather. $ 1,395. Give yourself a bit of a head start and wear a pair you've walked a few miles in on several occasions. But while there are shoe stores seemingly on every corner, there are only a handful of places to get out-of-this-world flats. Some items may not be … Flat or low-heeled, this timeless staple is perfect for fall and winter in NYC. Plus, the nightlife is one of NYC's best assets, so you'll want to wear boots that can withstand a night of dancing (aka being stepped on every five seconds). I’ve done exactly that at almost all of them, and haven’t been forcibly removed once. If you often feel the desire to drown yourself in denim, you probably already know about Self Edge, one of the harbingers of the current—and warranted—mania around selvedge (a term that stems from the fabric’s characteristic “self-edge”). Enrica Lossi. That being said, I opt for low-heeled strappy sandals as a high heel alternative. NYC shoe label. A post shared by alyssa coscarelli (@alyssainthecity) on Jun 12, 2019 at 5:14am PDT. Best of all? I loved the Peregrine and this fits very similar but has a glove like feel with the lacing system. In 2000, Lobb’s first Madison Avenue shop opened, allowing New Yorkers and countless shoe fanatics slipping away from family vacations to purchase ready-to-wear classics like the Lopez loafer and its double monk-strap William and William II. Mehrin Momin Perfect right out of the box. All of the below are shops I’ve actually visited and felt a connection with. $ 1,750. Oh and for a ton more on Taft, check out my Stitchdown Conversation with Kory. Originally designed to be unshakable and waterproof while duck hunting, the impenetrable Norwegian welt is a thing of distinctive beauty, and its heft will assure you that this shoe will last, essentially, forever. Post your items for free. First Name . Select "Pick Up" when placing your order online. And let me know if you find any places that I haven’t! A nice portion of their footwear is similarly outdoors-technical, including not-often seen trekking boots from heritage Bavarian maker Hanwag. Best Shoes to Wear in NYC Okay, bear with me... this is not going to be your usual walking shoe list detailing comfortable sneakers or cushioned hiking boots... we're talkin STYLISH shoes that just so happen to give your feet a much-needed break. Free International Shipping. The Japanese denim geniuses have created what Self Edge considers to be the ultimate boot in this style, made of natural Chromexcel leather that will wear beautifully over time, and built to the same impeccable standards as the brand’s denim. Once you do, I imagine you’ll see Williams’ Chelsea boots very differently—and understand why nearly every type of man in Australia, from farmers to heads of state, wears them every single day. Silk Flower Strass Pumps. Highlights. I mean, is there anything worse than getting a piece of gravel (or who knows what else) in your shoe after every step? Despite their looks—classically handsome with little touches of distinctive European flair—and impressive quality at a great price, Carmina initally only let a trickle of their wares into the US (thank you: The Armoury, featured below). But they’re currently locking down a new space—I’ll be sure to update once that happens. Iconic lines. But let’s say you want a Classic or Work Oxford? And I love the colors they have in this shoe better than the Peregrine color scheme. Up next, check out the only shoe trends NYC girls will be wearing this fall. It’s available in leathers ranging from the necessary black, brown, and burgundy, to lizard, alligator, and more, and comes in literally every single width you could ever need. Skip to content. Alden Madison “probably sells more shell cordovan than anyone else in the world,” according to its co-owner of 15 years, Curt. Weston—it’s a true shoe sanctuary. Also notable: shell cordovan you can get for under $700, and a line of boots highlighted by the damn handsome Higgins Mill. The best walking shoes for men and women on Amazon, including lightweight shoes, slip-on shoes, narrow shoes, wide shoes, shoes for hiking, shoes for trails, shoes with arch support, and more. But the LES shop also has a history of stocking deeply interesting boots you’d have a helluva time finding elsewhere. Wilson has designed and hand-made hundreds of John Lobb shoes throughout his storied career, and few people are more knowledgable about the process—or are more enjoyable to spend hours with, just talking shoes. All Accessories . Camper Shoe Store. While not exclusively a shoemaker by any stretch (I personally have serious tunnel vision that leads me to see it as a shawl-collar cardigan brand), Ralph Lauren’s upticked heritage label does peddle a small handful of highly worth shoes and boots. DESIGNERS VIEW ALL DESIGNERS MARC FISHER SCHUTZ SIGERSON MORRISON VANELI SHOES SHOES. Of course, on the few days per year that Manhattan sees snow, low-key snow boots are a must. But when you end up with style icons that can last decades if you take care of them properly, they absolutely shouldn’t be. We’re not in that time, not by a longshot. HOME; GIFTS; WOMEN’S SHOES; EVENING SHOES; MEN’S SHOES; KID'S SHOES; SOCKS; SHOE CARE; ABOUT US; THANK YOU ALL ESSENTIAL WORKERS! Back × Home; Features. Minimal, handcrafted sneakers inspired by clean architectural lines, Japanese minimalism and Bauhaus philosophy. And of course, there are Aldens. If your foot agrees with the last (especially your arch), it’ll probably be the most comfortable, supportive, healthy shoe you’ll ever wear. Nike Sportswear NYC. And they definitely sell more Aldens—the Manhattan institution a block away from Grand Central Terminal is the number one account for the heritage Massachusetts shoe brand that inspires as much lust and excitement as any other shoemaker. But that brand, and the fact that the shop carries it, is notable. So … Find great deals and fashionable footwear for guys and gals at some of the top shoe stores in New York. I own several pairs of J.Fitzpatrick and really enjoy them, and can’t wait to check out his storefront now that he has one in NYC. Pair them with a sundress during the summer, and with your favorite jeans during fall and winter. Every pair from our high-quality shoe collection is still handcrafted in our workshop and quality controlled by experts at each step of the process. Sale Shoes. Commack, NY 11725. Gift Guide. Pair them with high-waisted jeans and a fun blouse and you're good to go. Shoot us an email at editors@stitchdown.com, or DM us on Instagram at @stitchdown, AldenBootsCarminaCrockett & JonesDress ShoesGrahame FowlerJ.M. Best Shoe Stores For Flats in New York 2020 Sex And The City set a dangerous precedent for the shoe-obsessive New Yorker, and retailers lost no time in taking advantage of the fact. Address: 6149 Jericho Turnpike . They certainly deliver on the “these are pretty darn handsome” front via a range of classic styles that stay right within the sweet spot of delivering looks without trying too hard: cap toe brogue oxfords, loafers of all ilk, chukkas and Chelseas, longwings, Norwegian split toes, the whole deal. Brooklyn Tailors’ main business is, believe it or not, tailoring (custom and ready-to-wear, and they’re damn good at it too—I own a wonderful tie from them). Big Kids' T-Shirt. But there are others. Sometimes finding comfortable shoes for NYC that meet all three of my rules can be difficult—especially when on a student budget—so I’ve narrowed it down for you. It’s broken into: 1) The Brand Shops, selling one specific shoemaker, 2) The Multi-Brand Shops, which offer a wider range, and 3) The Wildcards, which are largely menswear shops, some of which only carry a single shoe brand. The most comfortable shoe right out of the box, fits my feet perfectly. Of course the bespoke tradition continues, carried on in the States by master bootmaker Paul Wilson, who creates his art every day above the New York shop when he’s not flying to spend time with Lobb clients around the country. Keep a pair in your bag at all times. Boots. Visit our shoe store in Commack, NY or shop online. Northampton is the womb of fine British shoemakers, and it’s where Crockett & Jones has operated out of since 1879, now under the guidance of 4th-generation scion Jonathan Jones. According to our editors, chunky dad sneakers are out, and sleek athletic sneakers are in. Nepenthes pushes the style portion of that special sauce to more aggressive, often street-ier places than Tricker’s would themselves, while always keeping things within the right bounds. Possibly New York’s most impressive menswear store overall, this Tribeca spawn of the Hong Kong original features a loft that’s basically a treehouse for shoe-mad grownups, with Sour Patch Kids and comics and replaced by loafers and cap-toes. Men's Long-Sleeve T-Shirt. CALL US TODAY! The 6 Most Comfortable Shoes to Wear in NYC | Who What Wear Downtown Men Store. A post shared by Erica Choi 최유진 (@eggcanvas) on Jul 27, 2019 at 6:16pm PDT. Perhaps the New England stalwart’s most unique creation, the Modified Last is an orthopedic marvel with an incredibly narrow heel and waist tapering out to a wide forefoot with a dramatic swing, and one of the highest arches you’ve ever encountered. It’s also as much a museum as it is a storefront, with ancient, wonderful boots that have been to hell and worse all over the shop, preserved to display what your boots can become with some very, very tough love. The same could definitely be said about the Soho shop’s tightly curated footwear offerings, which include a tight range of Aldens (duh), the most iconically necessary models from French comfort virtuosos Paraboot, and Drake’s own Italian-made desert boots (a distinct step-up in materials and construction from the Clark’s classic) and deliciously comfortable moc-toe suede chukkas. Williams may just make the best version for the price of anyone out there. So, what do you get for that crazy, wonderful price? Firmly planting itself right in the middle of the (mostly) $250-and-under scene, Thursday’s a newer-ish brand crafting handsomely straightforward, classically styled footwear at that aforementioned seriously reasonable price. A place lovingly run by the same people who knew exactly what those customers wanted, and more importantly, what they needed.