Welcome! Find virtual experiences, travel blogs, tours, and more offered by Rick Steves' Europe guides. Passenger ferry route could open between Morocco and the Canary Islands, 'Six' tries to get back onstage, again, and again, and again, What to do if your airplane seatmate refuses to wear a mask, North Yorkshire's two national parks named international dark sky reserves, The world's first underwater roundabout is opening in the Faroe Islands. Tomorrow morning at 8:00 we’re all alone with Rubens, Durer, Raphael, and the best of the Hapsburg art collection. Weekend Student Adventures Post questions and answers about travel in Italy. (Photo: Rick Steves's Twitter) After his ex-wife Anne, Rick has not been in a relationship with the new girlfriend so far. The host of “Rick Steves’ Europe” on PBS and noted travel guide author. I looked at a lot of different books before going to Spain, but the one I brought with me was from PBS legend Rick Steves. Feel free to browse to post questions and answers. This city is absolutely beautiful and has SO much to offer in history, sight-seeing, music, culture, outdoor activities and BEER! Dominic Arizona Bonuccelli Photography. You have a world of options...and plenty to consider. On your trip you'll meet two kinds of travelers: those who pack light and those who wish they had. Cameron is well-traveled, smart, insightful, and he gives voice to the next generation of Rick Steves travelers… Read Cameron's Blog, Stefanie Bielekova is a globe-trotting Rick Steves travel advisor, speaker, and tour assistant who loves to share her discoveries through her blog… Read Stefanie's Blog, Find links to Rick's 1988, 1991, 2005, and 2010 Central American travel journals and his 2008 Iran travel journal, as well as archived blogs from Rick's daughter Jackie's and son Andy's travels in Europe, Morocco, and South America… Read More, United, Delta join American, Alaska in ditching change fees on international flights (USA Today), How will the Covid-19 vaccines affect your travel? My son blogged his trip last year (and is in the midst of another blog venture this year) and I guess I just want to follow in his footsteps. There’s not a paper plate of plastic cup anywhere–just real plates and glasses, as Vienna wants the quality of eating to be as high as the music that’s about to begin. If you think it's inappropriate for a travel writer to stir up discussion on his blog with political observations and insights gained from traveling abroad, you may not want to read any further. Since 1991, the city has paid for this event for sixty summer nights each year (offering sixty different performances). Although he’s more “Viking cruise” than “Cheech and Chong,” the 65-year-old is a tireless advocate for marijuana legalization. To promote culture. Rick Steves in Bern, Switzerland. So I was very familliar with him. ... At one point, the woman had out her Rick Steves guide book and asked which books we were using. Hi, I’m Rick Steves, TV travel show host and a proud member of NORML’s Board of Directors. Rick Steves’ Travel Blog I'm sharing my travel experiences, candid opinions and what's on my mind. Chris runs a yoga studio in Minnesota, has studied yoga in India, and has had a vision for taking her yoga students to India for some time. Steves celebrates his birthday every year on May 10. Then, darkness falls, the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra strikes up, and a performance of the Vienna State Opera begins (Donizetti’s Love Potion). Slipping off my shoes and unpacking my lap top, I make my way through thousands standing around (TSA). Rick Steves Travel Forum — Connect with fellow travelers to discuss tips and tricks for successful travel, and to share your stories! If you think it's inappropriate for a travel writer to stir up discussion on his blog with political observations and insights gained from traveling abroad, you may not want to read any further. He’s even a board member of NORML. So we told them, but I had also read a couple of his books (very freakin useful) and watched a lot of TV show episodes on Europe. Join Rick on an unforgettable journey while he learns lessons, makes new discoveries, and shares his experiences working and traveling around the world… Read Rick's Blog . I’ve just returned from doing a barnstorming speaking tour in both Maine and Massachusetts to help build support for their legalization initiatives. A sixty foot wide TV screen up against the neo-Gothic facade of the city hall is blank, but already people are settling into the 3,000 folding chairs. Get started! ©2020 Rick Steves' Europe, Inc. | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy, The Edmonds Theater — An Extra-Large Bag of Small-Town Memories, Daily Dose of Europe: Monet’s “Water Lilies”, Daily Dose of Europe: Appreciating Milano. This time I’m trying something new–I’m taking along whoever wants to join me via a blog. While I freely share my political opinions on this page, I’ve tried to stick to issues and have not explicitly supported one candidate…until now. A: A good starting point is Rick's general travel-skills handbook, "Europe Through the Back Door." Steves also has a public radio travel show called Travel with Rick Steves (2005−present) and has authored numerous travel guides, the first of which was the popular Europe Through the Back Door. Travel Tips: Packing Light. About Us — Rick. If you think it's inappropriate for a travel writer to stir up discussion on his blog with political observations and insights gained from traveling abroad, you may not want to read any further. The planning stage of your trip can be instrumental in its success and an enjoyable part of the experience itself. Tonight I’m happy to include something extremely European in the Vienna TV show we’re shooting. Officials know the City Hall Music Festival is mostly a “meat market” where young people come to hook up. For coronavirus (COVID-19) travel information, Rick Steves' Travel Blog. (Washington Post), Passenger ferry route could open between Morocco and the Canary Islands (Lonely Planet), 'Six' tries to get back onstage, again, and again, and again (New York Times), What to do if your airplane seatmate refuses to wear a mask (USA Today), North Yorkshire's two national parks named international dark sky reserves (Guardian), The world's first underwater roundabout is opening in the Faroe Islands (Lonely Planet), Missed a day? The world spins without Hapsburg guidance, and the once powerful people of Austria savor their impotence…enjoying among the shortest work weeks and longest lifespans in the world…not to mention the most glorious church services and the best chocolate cake anywhere. Explore Europe with Rick Steves' travel guide to the best destinations and recommended sights, things to do, tips, and videos along with much more travel information. Check out more recent headlines. It was a super-power itself once–until a terrorist (from a Muslim land, living under a Christian emperor) killed its prince, leading to a war that ended Austria’s dominance. As of now, he is enjoying the remaining life with his children. Why? On the TV at my departure gate, our president reminds me via Larry King how terrorism has changed everything. Fans of Rick's books have been reading Cameron's words (often without knowing it) for years. France Travel Guide by Rick Steves For coronavirus (COVID-19) travel information, see our FAQ . Travel information for Europe's best destinations across 25+ countries. Get inspired with Rick Steves’ recommended places to go and things to do, with tips, photos, videos, and travel information on France. Radio: Action in the Piazza This week's show: A search for historic pianos in Russia's Far East; how to get up close and personal with the treasures of the British royal family; why piazzas are pivotal to Italian towns. For the Love of America, VOTE — And Vote for Joe Biden! Travel Blog » Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence » Blogs » Rick Steves. ©2020 Rick Steves' Europe, Inc. | Rick Steves’ Travel Blog I'm sharing my travel experiences, candid opinions and what's on my mind. Nicolina Art But they believe that many of these people will develop a little appreciation of classical music and high culture on the side. Find a travel guide you like, and bring it along. Terms of Service | Privacy, United, Delta join American, Alaska in ditching change fees on international flights. Post questions and answers about travel in Spain. Welcome to the Rick Steves Travel Forum for Europe and beyond! From Croatia to Cuba to Mediterranean Cruising, find it fast with our website's Search tool or browse the archives: Blog Rick Steves has a wealth of travel information tucked away from years of traveling in Europe and beyond. Andy Steves, Rick's son, owns his own travel business and blogs from around the world about student and budget travel. Or, see Rick's online planning materials. Rick Steves: Steves has parlayed a successful series of well-produced public TV and radio shows and guidebooks into a European tour business that thrives on his personal brand. At twilight, the park in front of the city hall here is filled with thousands of people enjoying a food circus of 24 simple stalls. Join our lively community of travelers who exchange advice, tips and experiences. Shortly after his divorce, Rick said on his blog in 2012 that he recently began traveling with a remarkable woman named Trish Feaster. Nicolina — Rick's niece — travels often, spreading her art around the world! Cameron's Travels. Today, I’m voicing my support for Joe Biden. Although many of the divorce records between Rick and Anne Steves are sealed, Rick travels to Europe for about four months every year, so the couple spent significant time apart. Join Rick on an unforgettable journey while he learns lessons, makes new discoveries, and shares his experiences working and traveling around the world… Read Rick's Blog, Fans of Rick's books have been reading Cameron's words (often without knowing it) for years. Rick Steves' Travel Guide | Join Rick as he explores the most surprising and fascinating land he's ever visited: Iran. While there’s nothing in my soles, the small Swiss army knife and little box cutter (which I’ve tucked away on each flight since 9/11) seems to concern no one. He is an adventurous person and travelling a new place to explore a new culture, cuisine, tradition, and more. In 12 hours I’ll be in Vienna. Next March, we are collaborating with Rick Steves colleague Chris Coleman on a yoga tour of India. It was really nice to have a few extra days to get over the jet lag and get on the local time before beginning our Rick Steve's My Way Alpine Tour adventure! Before posting, please read our Community Guidelines. Larry and Laura both nod. Somewhere in there is the key to why Vienna charms me so. My Travelers Café is a collection of travel blogs and journals designed to share the voices of people I consider inspirational travelers…people who may travel with a gutsier spirit of adventure than I would these days, and who have a super-experiential approach to travel that's well worth sharing. It’s the end of my third day in Europe. Traveling–especially traveling alone–causes you to have strange thoughts and…sometimes…do strange things. Like father like children: Rick promotes his children's travel blog in June 2015. Spain. Although this tour has a yoga focus, it would still be a fantastic travel experience for anyone. Rick Steves's Blog. How will the Covid-19 vaccines affect your travel? Today in Vienna the pressure’s off. We had several days to check out the city and that we did. I'm sharing my travel experiences, candid opinions and what's on my mind. Many of your questions about specific countries/cities are answered in Rick's travel guides. A year ago the original live performance of tonight’s film was sold out…much of the audience is people who couldn’t get tickets. When we film a dinner in a restaurant, I like to eat there the night before to make friends with the wait staff, learn the rhythm and quirks of the place, reserve the best table for the cameraman’s needs, and learn which dishes we’d like to feature in the show — while actually enjoying a meal there. I’m in Vienna kicking off part two of my 2006 travels. see our FAQ. Before posting, please read our Community Guidelines. Tour Account — View and manage tour details. Italy. My phone didn't have service in Spain, so we relied heavily on our travel guide and the included maps. Rick Steves opened his eyes in this world, on 10th May 1955 to his parents; Dick and Ena Steves which make his age 64, as of now. A kid on a tiny green truck toddles by, reminding me this is a multi-generational scene. New to the forum? Choose a message board from the menus below or see the latest from All Topics. His folksy, easy-going manner and easily digested practical advice breed trust, and the public has responded. He was born and raised in Barstow, California, the USA. I’ll be stopping by for a casual chat almost daily between now and late August as I produce TV shows in Austria, update guidebooks in Spain, Scandinavia and Estonia, and holiday with my family in Ireland. September 30, 2020.