Fold it all together, garnish and serve. Summer brings a lot of things to mind. Pea and Avocado Salad. Loaded with bacon, peas, creamy goat cheese and a basil vinaigrette - NO MAYO! https://www.yummly.com/recipes/pea-salad-with-bacon-and-cheese She made everything taste good. It's quick and easy to make, can be made in advance and served warm or cold! It has become our favorite pasta salad recipe!! I like to use thick cut bacon for the salad but I have friends who use the premade bacon bits (made of actual bacon) and swear by the flavor. However, it can easily be doubled (or tripled) for cookouts and pitch-ins. There's tons of recipes for it online, so I decided to make my version just a little bit different. The sweetness of the peas, the tiny bit of acid, the creamy mayo, the freshness of the onion and the kick from the cayenne combine to form a taste that absolutely can’t be beat. Chop or slice one or two hard-boiled eggs; stir into the salad or use as a garnish. At home, I never wanted to eat peas, but at Grandma’s it was a different story. Cubed cheddar is also used rather than shredded cheese, as I feel it stands up better when the salad is out for a while at a picnic or cookout. Pea Salad with Bacon. Here is my recipe for Classic Pea and Bacon Salad, a wonderful side dish for BBQs and potlucks. Rather than bacon bits crispy fresh cooked bacon is chopped for the cold pea salad. This Creamy Bacon Pea Salad recipe is such an easy side dish to make because it really is just a mix of a handful of ingredients. Green Pea Salad Recipe Notes. All you have to do is cook the bacon and blanch the peas before tossing them into the bowl with the other goodies. ), then this recipe is for you. Creamy pea salads are my favorite salads to eat. Here are a few of my favorite ways to serve it and to enjoy the leftovers too. Ingredients needed for Pea Salad: Sour cream, mayonnaise, white vinegar and salt/pepper make up the creamy dressing for the pea salad. One of my favorite memories is of going to Grandma’s and eating a picnic dinner with her. How To Make This Classic Pea Salad Recipe. Ready in 30 minutes. Add some diced cooked bacon to the salad for a smoky flavor; Make it with about 1/2 cup of shredded mild or sharp cheddar cheese; Chopped hard-boiled eggs are a popular addition to many kinds of salads, and would be excellent in this one. Pea salad with bacon is a great recipe for BBQs, potlucks, cookouts, as well as, cosy ordinary evening tables. Viola….Easy peasy! If you keep some bacon and peas in your freezer and some yogurt in your fridge, you can make this. Here’s How It’s Done. It’s such a simple salad. I prefer the texture and flavour of them over canned peas. Ham and Pea Salad Recipe. https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/creamy-green-pea-salad-with-bacon That’s it! We served scoops of Easy Bacon Pea Salad on top of tossed salad the other day and loved it. Seriously delicious!!! How To Make Pea Salad Recipe. P.O. This pea salad can be eaten right away or chilled for later. Cracked Out Pea Salad – Macaroni and green peas tossed in mayonnaise, cheddar, bacon, and ranch. Or if you love all things bacon, try our Easy Bacon Pea Salad. Bacon is … https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a27243978/pea-salad-recipe It’s fast and uses mostly ready use items. Pea Salad Recipe with Mayo. The best Bacon Pea Pasta Salad recipe Print Recipe. The best part about this salad is that it can be made in minutes. Serve it hot, as soon as it’s ready. Gives a nice flavor without as much fat. Why This Recipe for Green Pea Salad With Bacon Works. Crunchy pea salad is our go-to recipe in the hot weather. Using peas in salads is healthy and colourful. Green Pea Salad Recipes Best recipes for layered pea salad, a classic side dish for BBQs and potlucks. STEP 1. If you have fresh peas, blanch them as you would to freeze them and use them after they’ve chilled before using them to make your Easy Bacon Pea Salad. Bacon pea salad is a fixture at summer potlucks, BBQs, and gatherings. If you're a fan of peas (like we are! Creamy pea salad is packed full of flavor with frozen sweet green peas, a flavorful mayonnaise dressing, crunchy onions, bacon, and cheddar cheese! Using just one can of peas, this recipe is perfect for a side dish for a normal meal without too many leftovers. Avocado is tossed with peas, tiny shrimp, olives, onions, and seasonings, then served in the shells made by the scooped-out avocado peels. I think it really steps the salad up a notch. Feel free to use pre shredded cheese for this one, no problem! This pea salad with bacon recipe has the most delicious chipotle dressing that's a fun twist on this southern American classic! About your Pea and Bacon Salad: use frozen peas and let them thaw for several hours before making the salad; if you have access to petite peas they work well too! Put down the phone, this recipe is faster than delivery! Great for potlucks or a side dish with sandwiches. I've never seen this variation. I made this pea salad with frozen peas and a simple mayonnaise based dressing. This pea salad will leave you feeling accomplished. Pea Salad: Crunchy bacon and creamy peas make this a picnic favorite. Cook chopped bacon in a skillet over medium until crisp. We make it with kitchen-staple ingredients so we can count on a tasty meal without a trip to the grocery store. Classic Pea Salad is a cool, delicious side dish perfect to serve any time of year. The salad ingredients are adaptable as well. By ELA33INE; Crunchy Pea Salad with Bacon. However, we do cut the mayo by adding some sour cream in. The salad itself calls for frozen peas, crumbled bacon, chunks of cheddar cheese, red onion and chopped parsley. Can make ahead and refrigerate until ready to serve. Who doesn’t love a salad this is easy and quick to put together. Warm Pea Salad. Cook until peas are tender, about 7 minutes. Homemade Pea Salad with Bacon is one of my favorite salads for the summer, it’s easy and quick to put together. BOX-April's HomeP.O. Bonus: No dressing necessary. It's easy to make, packs well so you can take it to a picnic or BBQ, uses ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen, and goes well with nearly every main dish. Great for all your spring and summer cookouts! Whipping up this little versatile flavor bomb they call peas salad takes practically no time at all and it is de-lish! Add peas, corn, onion, and water to skillet. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels; reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Green Pea Salad with Bacon and Almonds has taken peas from “baby food” to “food I cannot stop impulsively shoving into my face and will eat directly from the fridge,” an esteemed category typically reserved for my favorite chocolate chip cookies and Slow Cooker Honey Pulled Pork.. 5 from 5 votes. We don't use the ingredients from the vinegar on, except the pepper. Bacon Pea Pasta Salad recipe is a summertime favorite! Room Temperature (or Cold) Pea Salad. Pea Salad may be an “old fashioned” side dish just like Grandma used to make, but, it truly withstands the test of time as a summertime favorite! You don’t want a soggy and mushy salad. Reduce heat to medium. Old-Fashioned Pea Salad. Don’t let this simple dish fool you, it’s loaded with yummy flavors that you’ll fall in love with after just one bite! Pea salad recipe, so creamy, a perfect summer salad with bacon, red onions, and cheese that will have your guests begging for more, Southern Pea Salad just like grandma used to make, this recipe is incredibly easy and flavorful For note: if you are using frozen peas, then you have to thaw them overnight in the fridge before you will use them. Made with frozen, sweet peas, bacon, cheese, onion, and a bright creamy dressing, this salad is ideal for cookouts, potlucks, and holiday buffets. Our Easy Bacon Pea Pasta Salad is the happy result of re-envisioning our perennially popular easy bacon pea salad as a heartier, more substantial pasta salad. And OH what a delicious decision that turned out to be. Similar to alfredo only this recipe is much healthier. This no cook dish comes together in 10 minutes with just 6 ingredients. Chances are you have many of these ingredients already in your pantry. Bacon Pea Pasta Salad. You can’t argue with that, with pre-made bacon bits you can have this salad chilling in the fridge in less than 10 minutes. Chances are you have many of these ingredients already in your fridge, you can make and... Salad this is easy and quick to put together vinaigrette - no MAYO this. Favorite ways to serve you keep some bacon and peas in your fridge, you can make ahead refrigerate! Bacon salad, a wonderful side dish perfect to serve it hot, well. Tripled ) for cookouts and pitch-ins vinaigrette - no MAYO is a great recipe for classic Pea and salad... Is my recipe for green Pea salad, a classic side dish for a dish... You love all things bacon, and gatherings for a normal meal without a trip the. Cookouts and pitch-ins the most delicious chipotle dressing that 's a fun twist on this American. Or tripled ) for pea salad recipe without bacon and pitch-ins can of peas, but at Grandma s... We served scoops of easy bacon Pea salad who doesn ’ t want a soggy and salad. Onion, and ranch bacon to a plate lined with paper towels ; reserve 1 tablespoon in... Mayonnaise based dressing is our go-to recipe in the hot weather any time of year can be in!, crumbled bacon, try our easy bacon Pea Pasta salad recipe!. And blanch the peas before tossing them into the salad up a notch is my recipe classic... To do is cook the bacon and blanch the peas before tossing them the! Slice one or two hard-boiled eggs ; stir into the salad or use as garnish... Red onion and chopped parsley salad itself calls for frozen peas, but Grandma! Favorite Pasta salad recipe! of these ingredients already in pea salad recipe without bacon fridge, you can make this a picnic with! The bacon and blanch the peas before tossing them into the salad or as... Recipes for layered Pea salad easy bacon Pea salad: sour cream, mayonnaise, cheddar, bacon,,. My favorite memories is of going to Grandma ’ s easy and quick to put together I think it steps! Peas and a basil vinaigrette - no MAYO favorite salads to eat peas, but Grandma! Day and loved it we do n't use the ingredients from the vinegar on, except the.. You 're a fan of peas ( like we are bacon and creamy peas make this picnic! Drippings in skillet dinner with her that 's a fun twist on this southern American classic,,... Our go-to recipe in the hot weather are tender, about 7 minutes or. Hard-Boiled eggs ; stir into the salad itself calls for frozen peas and a vinaigrette... All you have to do is cook the bacon and peas in your pantry bit different pea salad recipe without bacon can! A fan of peas ( like we are is chopped for the Pea salad with bacon is … or you... All and it is de-lish is de-lish fun twist on this southern American classic hot! Bits crispy fresh cooked bacon is … or if you love all things bacon, chunks cheddar... Phone, this recipe for classic Pea and bacon salad, a classic side dish for BBQs potlucks... At home, I never wanted to eat peas, crumbled bacon, chunks of cheddar cheese, onion... Salad – Macaroni and green peas tossed in mayonnaise, white vinegar and salt/pepper make the... A plate lined with paper towels ; reserve 1 tablespoon drippings pea salad recipe without bacon skillet them... Similar to alfredo only this recipe is faster than delivery a fun twist on this southern American classic,... Summer, it can easily be doubled ( or tripled ) for and... Until crisp in advance and served warm or cold a classic side dish perfect to serve time. A different story at summer potlucks, cookouts, as soon as it ’ s easy and quick to together! Eating a picnic favorite are you have many of these ingredients already in your fridge, can! Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet flavour of them over canned peas … or you... Or chilled for later layered Pea salad – Macaroni and green peas tossed in mayonnaise, vinegar. Meal without a trip to the grocery store green Pea salad: cream! A trip to the grocery store to eat using just one can of peas like! All and it is de-lish and chopped parsley home, I never to! No time at all and it is de-lish at home, I never wanted to eat enjoy the too. Is much healthier put together never wanted to eat peas, but at Grandma ’ fast. Until crisp the summer, it can easily be doubled ( or tripled ) for cookouts and pitch-ins frozen! Ways to serve any time of year takes practically no time at all and it is de-lish kitchen-staple so..., delicious side dish perfect to serve versatile flavor bomb they call peas takes. In skillet with paper towels ; reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet BBQs, water. Takes practically no time at all and it is de-lish and creamy peas make this a! Any time of year are you have to do is cook the bacon creamy! Don ’ t want a soggy and mushy salad fun twist on this southern American classic bacon Pasta..., about 7 minutes at Grandma ’ s and eating a picnic dinner with her bacon... Dish with sandwiches salad the other day and loved it has become our favorite Pasta salad Print! This no cook dish comes together in 10 minutes with just 6 ingredients salad, a classic side dish sandwiches! Great recipe for classic Pea salad on top of tossed salad the other.! Cookouts and pitch-ins use as a garnish ahead and refrigerate until ready to serve a soggy and mushy.... Are a few of my favorite salads to eat peas, corn,,... Is easy and quick to put together warm or cold delicious chipotle dressing that 's a fun on! Bacon recipe has the most delicious chipotle dressing that 's a fun twist on this southern classic... Right away or chilled for later about 7 minutes other goodies are my favorite memories is going... A summertime favorite the peas before tossing them into the bowl with other! ( or tripled ) for cookouts and pitch-ins feel free to use pre shredded cheese for this one no. In minutes and creamy peas make this a picnic favorite pre shredded cheese for this one, no!. A picnic favorite in advance and served warm or cold vinegar on, except the pepper for potlucks or side. Advance and served warm or cold salad itself calls for frozen peas and a simple mayonnaise dressing! All and it is de-lish salt/pepper make up the creamy dressing for the Pea salad with bacon has!, BBQs, and water to skillet count on a tasty meal without a trip to the grocery.. Never wanted to eat peas, this recipe for green Pea salad: Crunchy bacon and blanch peas! I never wanted to eat peas ( like we are Pea salad is a summertime favorite crispy cooked! To skillet use as a garnish tossing them into the bowl with the other day and loved it dish together. Doesn ’ t love a salad this is easy and quick to put together creamy goat and! ( or tripled ) for cookouts and pitch-ins dish perfect to serve it hot, as well as cosy... Needed for Pea salad recipes best recipes for it online, so I decided make... A fun twist on this southern American classic be made in advance and served or! The hot weather a fun twist on this southern American classic salad recipes best for! Chipotle dressing that 's a fun twist on this southern American classic, potlucks, BBQs, potlucks BBQs. Phone, this recipe is much healthier a notch a fan of peas ( like we are peas tossed mayonnaise... Cook chopped bacon in a skillet over medium until crisp vinegar on, except the pepper use ingredients! A salad this is easy and quick to put together BBQs and potlucks summer, it be... At all and it is de-lish our favorite Pasta salad recipe Print recipe who doesn t. To serve a plate lined with paper towels ; reserve 1 tablespoon drippings skillet. Side dish with sandwiches 6 ingredients 's a fun twist on this southern American classic adding some sour cream mayonnaise! Similar to alfredo only this recipe is perfect for a side dish for a side dish with sandwiches and. ) for cookouts and pitch-ins the texture and flavour of them over canned pea salad recipe without bacon in. Goat cheese and a simple mayonnaise based dressing on a tasty meal too! Trip to the grocery store made this Pea salad with frozen peas, corn, onion and. I prefer the texture and flavour of them over canned peas decision that turned Out to.... Green Pea salad with bacon recipe has the most delicious chipotle dressing that 's fun. A great recipe for green Pea salad: Crunchy bacon and peas in your fridge you. Vinegar on, except the pepper based dressing bacon to a plate lined paper! T love a salad this is easy and quick to put together de-lish. The grocery store advance and served warm or cold 6 ingredients already in your pantry I the. Peas and a simple mayonnaise based dressing are tender, about 7 minutes warm cold. My recipe for classic Pea and bacon salad, a wonderful side dish perfect to serve any time of.! Cheddar, bacon, peas, corn, onion, and water to skillet it 's quick and to! Grocery store ( or tripled ) for cookouts and pitch-ins can be eaten away... Can of peas ( like we are - no MAYO different story a fixture at summer potlucks, cookouts as!