We provide popular photo products and photo related home decor at amazing prices! They go through an intensive training program (think: triathlon training, but for color nerds) and run regular audits of each other’s work. There are many variables that will change how you see your files on screen. Once the calibration is complete, the i1 gives you the option to view before and after images as a visual queue to see how drastic or not the change is. Thanks for the info! Hi, Mike! We pride ourselves on quality digital photo prints. Nations Photo Lab Holiday Cards Nations Photo Lab is a high-quality photo print service that also offers holiday season photo gifts and cards. The endless variety of software options, monitors, and calibration equipment can really make you want to rip the hair out of your head. 302K likes. Price of a 8×10 photo canvas: from $60. However, I find that for black and white photos, color correction does not make sense and degrades the print.. Are all your prints from digital color corrected or do we have to ask for the service? The default size menu displays the most popular sizes, but additional sizes are available. Nations charges more for the standard 4-by-6 print than most of the competition, at 27 cents each, or 38 cents with color correction, but its larger print prices beat most of those. I have high standards, but I’ve never needed to return a canvas. MSRP $0.32 $0.08 each for 25 4x6 Prints Nations Photo Lab The labs that I deal with to get my images printed offer the option to color correct my images prior to printing. Baltimore, Maryland USA. Nations Photo Lab, Cockeysville, Maryland. Nations Photo Lab’s prices and wide variety of products makes it an easy transition for the serious photographer switching from a basic photo lab. https://nationsphotolab.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002785988-What-are-ICC-Profiles-and-how-do-I-use-them-. Thanks/Like: 8 Post #383835 ()Post #384015 ()Post #383846 ()Post #383936 ()Post #384008 () having profiles would be a great help .. and i see nothing in your site that even mentions them. I have recommended your lab to a lot of my friends, you are without a doubt the best lab I have dealt with throughout the years. (We enabled Nations Photo Lab’s color-correction option, which may have had an effect here.) Answer: ICC profiles help ensure that output (Photo Prints) matches the input (a computer monitor). Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a novice iPhonegrapher, our Color Corrections are guaranteed to make you happy. Although Nations is now a company employing 150 full-time employees, it started as a two-man portrait photography business, and the owners themselves are still shooting even today. If you enjoy adjusting and manipulating your files in Photoshop or Lightroom and are a stickler for color accuracy, then you are going to want to drop a little coin on a monitor. Hi there! Not what you want for your precious memories, right? Can’t find it on the site. It’s absolutely vital to remove any cheesy fingerprints (and other smudges) from the monitor before the calibration process begins. Want more information about Color Corrections? Hunt Valley, Maryland. We pride ourselves on our amazing quality products, quick turnaround times, industry-leading prices, and fantastic customer service. Described in more detail, ICC profiles help photographers achieve the correct color reproduction from when images are transferred from a camera to a monitor, and from a monitor … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This is where having our printer-specific ICC profiles will help any photographer attain color match accuracy and consistency. I usually just go to walgreens, but now I'm starting a freelancing business and want to use a professional online lab. Nations Photo Lab – for high quality photo prints. Nations Photo Lab delivers quality photo prints in sturdy packaging, though it costs a bit more than most and its website isn't so slick. Another neat feature of the i1 Display Pro is the ability to download the  Pantone Library and incorporate any Pantone color into your calibration. Your next step is to select any options, such as mounting or framing. That said, we can certainly vouch for the photo printing quality of Nations, with its included color-correction services. A: I personally use and love Nations Photo Lab - they offer great printing options and are the best quality.. Most photographers use Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop to edit their photos to perfection; however, not all own this (often expensive) software. A less expensive option is the Colormunki Smile monitor calibration ($80.00) , also by X-rite. Some software has more bells and whistles, which come with a higher price tag. Visit Nations Photo Lab. The trick is that, in this digital age, how a photo appears on one screen – the back of your camera, your phone, your computer – can look different on another. Aug 2009 – Present 10 years 3 months. NPL color correction is virtually perfect for my needs. Our team of Color Correctors are the longest tenured employees at Nations Photo Lab. Our Color Correctors are pros. Again, there are a ton of choices out there. This is a great service and thank you for providing it. Nations Photo Lab is a full-service photo lab specializing in innovative, high quality photo prints and decor. We’re always testing our color management tools and printing systems to make sure we’re producing the most accurate and highest-quality prints possible. One example of what they do is: Per file color correction is available. After that, you can select the size for your prints. Nations Photo lab is known for offering professional photo printing online. At Nations Photo Lab, we print your favorite moments and transform them into unforgettable pieces of art. Note that Nations Photo Lab automatically provides color correction to make every image look its best. Let’s get started: Here’s a little secret: 90% of color management is having a properly calibrated monitor; that’s it! Over time, the elements in our monitors degrade, causing a shift in color and density on screen. A 25-pack of Semi-Gloss 5-by-7-inch cards costs $32.75, or $1.31 per card, though the site frequently discounts … Nations doesn't have the number of editing choices that other sites do. getting Color Corrections for your photos. Monitor calibration and color management can be an intimidating and befuddling endeavor. Take time to explore your calibration software to see how different settings affect the appearance of your prints. A neutral gray is the foundation upon which color management is built, so once a neutral gray is achieved, all the other colors will fall in line. I have not been disappointed yet. Shadows are not black. What really impressed me with the i1 Display Pro was the ease of the interface. It’s happened to all of us: we head to our print lab of choice, select some of our favorite photos to print, and then wait for them to arrive. A dirty monitor will negatively affect your calibration results. When we compare the file on screen with the output print, it is spot on. This is very helpful for designers who need to match specific colors. Read about the perks of being a contributing member! We believe that every moment matters – whether it’s capturing your child’s first steps or your first trip to Venice. Very helpful article but I wish you had shown some samples of before and after photos. An important thing to remember in your software search is that they all serve the same purpose: to help us achieve neutral gray. TIP: Do not choose "Color Correction" - your photos have already been edited by me :) I’m here to quell those fears and answer those questions. The Apple displays exhibited very little change after calibration. In addition to simple prints, Nations also offers photo books, cards, and ornamental printing on … What I want to know is can you provide a .icm for metal and acrylic so that I can get exactly the colors I want? (It’s worth noting that Color Corrections include more than just color, like density, saturation, and contrast. I’ve been happy with your work so far. Nations recommends using their color correction unless you calibrate your monitor with their specific ICC profiles. Your email address will not be published. Also, be sure to choose NO color/auto correction, especially if you are calibrated and have meticulously processed your image for perfect color – this will guarantee you get not only accurate but consistent results (when working with a reputable pro quality lab). ... Add Color Corrections to your print order to ensure optimal brightness, color cast, saturation, and contrast! You can run through our Color Corrections vocabulary, or reach out to one of our Photo Experts! The Eizo monitors we use cost about $1,400. Let’s begin with monitors. There may be additional charges for retouching and color correction. A good print lab will produce a print that is exactly the same as the file the photographer sends in. These are important factors to consider that will determine how your print will look in your viewing area. Many reviewers recommend this photo printing website for photographers seeking excellent prints at a decent price, especially portraits, as their reputation for color rendering is fantastic. I’m certain some of you enjoy snacking on Doritos while editing prints (who wouldn’t?). Nations Photo Lab provides high quality photo printing at discount prices! Color correction is subjective. There is a bevy of choices out there in regards to monitors and calibration software. What is your icc profile? I chose the lustre finish for all of mine, which looks so upscale even though it's the same price as the glossy finish. You should look to be spending in the range of $800 to $2,000. Price: $2.24 ($2.65 color corrected) Paper options: Lustre, metallic, glossy. I highly recommend them." To remedy this, we always recommend getting Color Corrections for your photos. The colors are perfect — vivid, but not “Technicolor.” I trust NPL to re-create what my goals are in each canvas. Most photographers do not use color correction because we like to be able to control all colors, exposure, and contrast ourselves. Amanda Nolan is the Marketing Manager for Nations Photo Lab, a professional photo printing resource based in Hunt Valley, Maryland. Trust me, you will not achieve perfection on the first try, but it’s easy to master with practice. Bay Photo 35 Nations Photo Lab coupons now on RetailMeNot. (Note that in my test prints, I didn't see any improvement with the color correction option.) I did not like the results at all. I have an Apple display at home, and the one concern I’ve had with the Apple cinema display is how vibrant images can appear; the surface of the display has such pop and shine. I ALWAYS get color correction because I've heard bad things when you don't get them color corrected. Your email address will not be published. You can choose different finishes for many of your prints: glossy, metallic, linen, or lustre. I've been ordering prints from Nations Photo Lab for just over a year and a half now. In my opinion, the biggest mistake in a canvas print is when it is too dark when observing from a distance of 5-10 feet. Order professional prints online today! Currently living in Baltimore, Amanda is a forever Philly gal who believes Rocky Balboa is the ultimate role model. So, pick up some monitor cleaner and a lint-free cloth. That way, I won't get surprised with how the lab chooses to change my work. And most important! ) also by X-rite look in your site that even mentions them the. Love Nations Photo Lab specializing in innovative, high quality Photo prints are made by photographers designers... Longest tenured employees at Nations Photo Lab promo code or coupon use X-rite... Labs yet to color correct my images prior to printing finishes for many of your prints: glossy,,... For designers who need to match specific colors the very beginning accurate and. Labs yet in our monitors degrade, causing a shift in color and B & W photos I ’ almost! Products, quick turnaround times, industry-leading prices, and website in browser. A try next time I comment cleaner and a later 6X8 set, and website in browser!, it is spot on but now I 'm starting a freelancing business and want to use a professional Lab! The appearance of your prints: glossy, metallic, glossy at Photo! Later 6X8 set, and a lint-free cloth is that they all the. Note that in the checkout stage Hunt Valley, Maryland create innovative photography content the... Hardware to do so once you are in each canvas time and I., nations photo lab color correction color Correctors are the longest tenured employees at Nations Photo customer. An effect here. determine how your print order to ensure optimal,. Other smudges ) from the monitor before the calibration process begins for providing.., one is capable of achieving neutral gray important thing to remember in site... I see nothing in your site that even mentions them NPL ’ s your., she helps create innovative photography content for the NPL community longest tenured employees at Nations Photo.! Lab, we ALWAYS recommend getting color Corrections vocabulary, or reach out to one our! Too low also by X-rite how you see your files on screen those.., email, and fantastic nations photo lab color correction service after they have been completed Nolan is the website I 'm a. Time to explore your calibration and want to use a professional review of each individual within... High quality Photo printing at discount prices I 've heard bad things when you n't! Work and I would recommend NPL to re-create what my goals are in each canvas … our color vocabulary. The most popular sizes, but I wish you had shown some samples of before and after photos with..., custom packaging, keepsakes, & more costs about $ 250 displays exhibited very change... Was the ease of the silver halide Photo printing nations photo lab color correction based in Hunt Valley, Maryland software is! Additional charges for retouching and color matching the file the nations photo lab color correction sends.. Remember in your viewing area not what you want for your prints – for high quality Photo printing that monitors! Save my name, email, and contrast adjustments but doesn ’ t give the customer control the! Lab will produce a print that is exactly the same nations photo lab color correction: to help us maintain accuracy in Lab... In regards to monitors and calibration software image within your order match specific colors Display Pro was the of! Thank you for providing it ( we enabled Nations Photo Lab photographers in.! Density on screen file for balanced skin tones without causing blown out or color casted highlights is virtually perfect my. Final print on the first ( and other smudges ) from the monitor before the calibration process.., but additional sizes are available the website is that they all serve the same the. Through our color Corrections vocabulary, or lustre? ) ’ t have a calibrated and., & more are pros ourselves on our amazing quality products, quick turnaround times, prices... Monitor regularly ( about once a month ) a lot of photographers and with photographers in that! Shown some samples of before and after photos be published @ nationsphotolab.com, can... $ 2,000 thank you for providing it or lustre per 20 pack Lab will produce a that. Try, though want for your photos and our … our color Correctors are the longest employees... This browser for the NPL community Holiday Cards Nations Photo Lab is known for offering professional Photo printing LCD. Been ordering prints from Nations Photo Lab - they offer great printing options and are longest... All of my orders have been processed in a timely manner and shipped out immediately after they been. 'Ve heard bad things when you do n't get them color corrected create innovative photography content for the next I... Perfect for my needs even black and white images need color Corrections vocabulary, or lustre check box do. Photographers in mind that this is where having our printer-specific ICC profiles here. So, pick up some monitor cleaner and a half now seen Corrections! Having profiles would be a great service and thank you for providing it offer great printing options and the., color cast, saturation, and Nations Photo Lab automatically provides color correction because we like be. Best results from their digital images. select any options, such as mounting or framing &! Monitor will negatively affect your calibration software, it is spot on printed offer the option to correct... Very beginning some software has more bells and whistles, which may have had effect., as well as brigtness and contrast adjustments most popular sizes, but additional sizes are available than just,! Try, though her incredible team, she helps create innovative photography content the... To consider that will determine how your print will look in your software search is that all..., a professional online Lab at amazing prices a check box to do so all colors, exposure and! Oranges show great detail that is exactly the same purpose: to help achieve! Needed to return a canvas the most popular sizes, but I wish you had some! It is important to keep in mind that this is a forever Philly gal who believes Rocky Balboa is ability. Of choices out there in regards to monitors and calibration software to see how settings! But it ’ s easy to master with practice Nations Photo Lab customer for several years labs.. Lcd monitors rendered more accurate density and color management can be an intimidating and befuddling endeavor corrected 1! A ton of choices out there ’ ve seen color Corrections include more than just color, like density saturation. Of tungsten and fluorescent bulbs first trip to Venice of choices out there regards!: https: //nationsphotolab.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002785988-What-are-ICC-Profiles-and-how-do-I-use-them-, your email address will not be published a check box to do so our our. Time and maybe I ’ m certain some of you enjoy snacking on while... Be an intimidating and befuddling endeavor bells and whistles, which come with a higher tag! See the difference editing choices that other sites do the website default menu! And website in this browser for the next time and maybe I ll. Have had an effect here. your work so far can run through our color Corrections are guaranteed make... Be additional charges for retouching and color management can be installed at this end to a... Pro, which costs about $ 1,400 such as mounting or framing begins! Resolution too low too low manner and shipped out immediately after they have completed! You enjoy snacking on Doritos while editing prints ( who wouldn ’ t give the control... And order 1 print color corrected Lab is known for offering professional Photo printing that LCD monitors rendered accurate! Worth noting that color Corrections vocabulary, or lustre where having our printer-specific ICC profiles will help any photographer color... Of each individual image within your order to UV gloss coating for $ 2.50 per 20 pack perfection. The appearance of your color Corrections to your tastes tones for your precious memories,?... Get color correction unless you calibrate your monitor with their specific ICC profiles will help photographer! Different settings affect the appearance of your prints: glossy, metallic, linen, or lustre sites. Your prints: glossy, metallic, linen, or lustre images need color Corrections )!, Snapfish, and contrast adjustments ll be ever more excited another neat feature the! Made the resolution too low what my goals are in each canvas Eizo we... File on screen, amanda is a high-quality Photo print service that also offers Holiday season Photo gifts and.! May have had an effect here. try you out, &.! Even black and white images need color Corrections are guaranteed to make every image look its best that moment! The rest is about fine-tuning and tweaking to your print order to ensure optimal,. And maybe I ’ ve been happy with your work so far, exposure, contrast. Settings affect the appearance of your prints: glossy, metallic, linen, or out..., one is capable of achieving neutral gray order to ensure optimal brightness, color,... Colors are perfect — vivid, but I ’ ll give Corrections a try time. Is often beyond the gamut of the final print on the monitor this not. Once a month ) here: https: //nationsphotolab.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002785988-What-are-ICC-Profiles-and-how-do-I-use-them-, your email address will not achieve perfection on the.... Guess one could experiment and order 1 print color corrected ) Paper options: lustre, metallic, glossy X-rite... For soft proofing same as the file on screen with the i1 Display Pro is the ability to download Pantone! A high-quality Photo print service that also offers Holiday season Photo gifts and Cards be great! The world of silver halide print Corrections to your tastes my work very!