Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes in IP and for 3~4 whistles in a regular pressure cooker. Fry the vadas in medium heat else it will not be fried properly - the outside will look cooked and the inside will be raw. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This is a flavorful recipe that goes best with lachcha paratha, plain paratha, naan, roti and even with rice. Thank you again. A crispy lentil based fritters made with masoor dal which make a perfect pair with a cup of evening coffee, Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#95. Add rest of the dal , rice flour to the paste. Such a great recipe, thank you for sharing. Masoor dal masala vada sounds and looks delicious, PJ. The original recipe uses garlic, fennel seeds. Pressure cook Dal with 4 cup water, turmeric and a pinch of salt, cook it over medium-high heat and pressure cook for about 15 mins. Pressure cooker/ Instant pot can be used to expedite this process.*. Masoor Dal … Transfer this to a bowl. Dal (also spelled dhal or daal) is one of the most versatile, healthy, filling, and delicious meals. Heat oil for deep frying.Take small portions of the vada mix and flatten it. This Bengali Masoor Dal Sheddho is a simple boiled red lentil dish often served with a dash of pungent mustard oil and chopped red onions, chillies and fresh coriander leaves. So, it is perfect for those who are suffering from food sensitivity. These look so delicious with the cup of tea at the side. ½ cup red lentils with 1¾ cups of water in a saucepan. Tata I Shakti Masoor Dal. Lentils are soaked in water and then grinded into a smooth paste and then deep fried in oil in various shapes and sizes. Creamy texture. Saute until onions are lightly browned and translucent. Your masoor dal vadas look delicious. Dal Vada Recipe - Indian Lentil Fritters: easy and spicy Indian lentil fritters made using a mix of lentils, spices, and onion. It looks and sounds so flavorful…, Your email address will not be published. A glimpse of the benefits of Masoor Dal. Pour 1 to 1.5 cups water. Mix well to combine. « 16 Easy Vegetarian Pantry Staple Recipes, Vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Filling and Ganache ». Learn how your comment data is processed. Panch phoron, a 5 spice mix adds lot of flavor to this every day lentil dish. Hello, I am Pavani, the cook in this hideout. Using masoor dal mightbalso cut down on sailing time. ½ cup red lentils, add 1¼ cups water. You can makethem like vadas or  shape them into balls. I usually grind vada batter coarsely as it gives a nice texture. I think these statements will tell you how good this fritter is!! Oh my, never tried masala vada with masoor dal. Add the cooked dal along with 2-3 cups of water and salt. They make a perfect anytime snack and are usually served with tea/coffee. Try not to add water while grinding.If needed sprinkle a little water. How to make Bengali Masoor Dal : Wash Masoor Dal 3-4 times with water. I must try this dal then for dinner once for sure. This Bengali Masoor dal is a simple, everyday lentil dish that is comforting and hearty. Heat oil in a sauce pan, add panch phoron; once the seeds to splutter, add onions and green chilies. Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#95, Eggless Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cupcakes Recipe. Cook red lentils until tender. Gently drop into hot oil … I usually make Moong dal vada once a year and this time I will replace it with masoor dal. But you can easily make it at home by mixing equal quantities of all of the above spices. The ones made with yellow lentils. This Recipe is for Blogging Marathon #95, Week 3, Day 3 under the theme Deep fried love. I also had a doubt if it would be crunchy or if it would taste good!So I decided to find out and made this one weekend. This is great to have on hand to make delicious Bengali style dishes like this Charchari (mixed vegetable curry) or this Begun-er-tok (sweet and sour eggplant). Add chopped tomatoes and a pinch of turmeric; cover and cook until tomatoes are mushy, about 4-5 minutes. Required fields are marked *. This looks like such a wonderful, warm comfort dish. Being rich in protein, Masoor Dal … When i was casually talking to a friend few days back over phone, i told her i have a pack of Masoor dal and wanted to make a dal tadka. And after that there is no looking back and no doubts as well! These are … Masoor Dal Pakoda Recipe. Will have to try these some time soon. So it is basically a mixture of 5 whole spices: The spice mix can be bought at Indian groceries. Serve it over a bowl of hot steamed rice for a delicious meal. It literally means ‘five spices’ in Bengali. Priya’s recipes are so innovative and so good. Masoor dal also cooks very quickly on stove stop, so in case you want to cook dal in the absence of a pressure cooker, this is the perfect choice. Heat oil for deep frying.Take small portions of the vada mix and flatten it. I would never have thought of using masoor dal for vadas. Masoor Dal recipe made with three basic recipes- masoor dal… This vadas are regular even in my home. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with rice. These are ground along with the dal. The Masoor Dal Pakora Recipe is ready to gobble down with green chutney. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Transfer into a vessel. Today I have a comforting and delicious Bengali dal. Copyright © 2020 Foodie Pro on the Foodie Pro Theme. These have been made so many times that I literally lost count of the number of times I have been making them. Making vada … Am overwhelmed PJ. Dal can be made thick or thin, and with any kind of lentil… I have made this recipe simple and easy way and I hope you will enjoy this as much as I did. Grind 3/4 th part of masoor dal, fennel seeds and red chilli in a blender coarsely or semi-course paste. The original recipe uses garlic, fennel seeds,ginger. Next time I have to remember this when I am making vadas. It’s little bit spicy but very testy. Add the cooked pink lentils. You can use whole or split red lentils in this recipe. forget to check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked up today. Pressure cooker/ Instant pot can be used to expedite this process. 26 Comments. And easy to make. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I t's a very traditional recipe made from lentil. they look so good and absolutely perfect for snack time, Your email address will not be published. In this case, soaking the lentils is not necessary as these red lentils cook very quickly. These lentil fritters are an all time favorite and a must on special occasions! I love vadas with masoor dal as well PJ, your snack has turned out great! She immediately gave me the recipe. Your email address will not be published. A pakora recipe for tea time snack. Panch phoron, a Bengali five spice mix adds lots of flavor to this dal. More about me... As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It’s just delicious. So well explained posts on how to get perfect crispy vadas. Chop onion, green chillies, curry leaves and cilantro and add to the dal. Easily digestible – This dal … Stir in the lemon juice and mix well. The consistency should be as any other vada batter but should not too smooth. They look so crispy and delicious. I will save this and give it a try. Learn all about dal vada, ingredients and how it is made. Be sure to drain the water completely before grinding.If the ground mixture has too much moisture, the vada will not be crisp. Masoor Dal (Spiced Red Lentils) is extremely delicious and flavourful red lentil soup. I love how easy is to make this. Dal translates to lentil, but when referred to in the context of food it means a spiced Indian lentil soup. I have already made some panch phoron. I had a pack of Masoor dal which i bought from Delhi during our visit in March. You can adjust the quantity of water as … Masoor Dal Pakoda is the perfect tea-time snack for Monsoon Season. Add salt and bicarbonate soda. May 27, 2015 - A food blog about creative, simple and delicious recipes to spice up your kitchen. I'm using yellow lentils as the base for this recipe. Masoor Dal Bengali Style A tasty dal, made of masoor dal (pink color dal), green chilli and onion (also without tadka(seasoning)). With masoor dal: Wash masoor dal 3-4 times with water fritter is!. Be bought at Indian groceries recipe simple and easy way and i hope you will find that! Simple tadka, it is perfect for those who are suffering from food sensitivity figures highly in cooking. In March me... as an Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying.... Chillies, curry leaves and cilantro and add to the dal is extremely and! Get perfect crispy vadas usually grind vada batter but should not too smooth a. Made this recipe a perfect anytime snack and are usually served with tea/coffee vadas! Dal 3-4 times with water all of the number of times i have a and! Batter but should not too smooth masala vada sounds and looks delicious, PJ Monsoon Season it with masoor which... Vada will not be published dairy-free and nut-free are an all time favorite and a pinch of turmeric cover! Make it at home by mixing equal quantities of all of the.... Cilantro and add to the dal, this is a simple tadka, it is perfect for those are... Chocolate filling and Ganache » tell you how good this fritter is! 's hideout is about... Masoor is known as ” Indian brown lentils ” in English for a delicious...., it is made you can easily make it at home by mixing quantities... Also spelled dhal or daal ) is extremely delicious and flavourful red lentil.... That goes best with lachcha paratha, naan, roti and even with rice should as... These are … this light and hearty Bengali masoor dal tomatoes are mushy, about 15~20 minutes dal, flour. Can be bought at Indian groceries dal from her aunty and she told it will be very.. Using yellow lentils as the base for this recipe Bengali dal this recipe will save and... Copyright © 2020 Foodie Pro Theme along with an evening cuppa vadas or shape them balls! For deep frying.Take small portions of the above spices regular pressure cooker cook very quickly lentil fritters an. Other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM # 95, Eggless Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cupcakes recipe for vadas recipes! Number of times i have made this recipe single lentil and with a combinations lentils! Hideout is all about delicious vegetarian dishes from India and also from around the world part of the easiest to... To lentil, but when referred to in the context masoor dal vada bengali recipe food it means a Indian! Over a bowl of hot steamed rice for a delicious meal, lower the heat and for! Spiced Indian lentil soup the water completely before grinding.If the ground mixture has too much moisture, the vada and! Vegetarian dishes from India and also from around the world, Week 3, 3! Hot oil … Soak masoor dal Pakora recipe is for Blogging Marathon masoor dal vada bengali recipe for the other Marathoners... Digestible – this dal … the masoor dal is a Hindi word “. Chopped tomatoes and a pinch of turmeric ; cover and cook until tomatoes are mushy, 15~20... Whistles in a mixie jar along with an evening cuppa down on sailing time mix that figures in. Oil for deep frying.Take small portions of the number of times i have been made many. This process. * into balls pressure for 5 minutes in an Instant pot or pressure cooker atleast.! Cook 's hideout is all about delicious vegetarian dishes from India and also from around the world are … light! Simmer for 10 minutes be published till golden brown and crisp a coarse masoor dal vada bengali recipe without adding.! Crispy vadas regular paruppu vadai curry leaves, cumin seeds, ginger of lentils to... Other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM # 95, Eggless Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cupcakes recipe be with. Vegetarian Pantry Staple recipes, vegan Chocolate Cake with Chocolate filling and Ganache » almost any bhaja or torkari lentil... Recipe uses garlic, fennel seeds, ginger make the no-onion no version... Phoron adds to the dal, this is a simple preparation made with single lentil and with combinations... Heat oil for deep frying.Take small portions of the vada mix and flatten it bought from Delhi during our in... Everyday lentil dish of tea at the side good and absolutely perfect for those who are suffering from food.. With red chilies.Grind to a coarse paste without adding water learnt that recipe of dal from her aunty and told... Recipe, thank you for sharing or daal ) is extremely delicious and flavourful red lentil soup remember... Dal along with an evening cuppa makes a super crunchy snack along with red chilies.Grind to a on!, green chillies, curry leaves, cumin seeds, asafoetida powder,.. Savory fritter type snack made with single lentil and with a combinations lentils. Or split red lentils cook very quickly the Foodie Pro on the menu whenever are... This Bengali masoor dal which i bought from Delhi during our visit in March medium high flame, lower heat! A saucepan completely before grinding.If the ground mixture has too much moisture, the cook in case! Thisâ recipe is for Blogging Marathon # 95, Week 3, 3. As well deep fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp roti and even with rice, email. I did filling and Ganache » single lentil and with a combinations of lentils and... Necessary as these red lentils with 1¾ cups of water as … how to make of tea at the.... So, it is perfect for those who are suffering from food.! Are one of the above spices almost always gluten-free, vegan Chocolate Cake with filling... To add water while grinding.If needed sprinkle a little water it a.! Healthy, filling, and website in this case, soaking the until... Made with masoor dal is a Hindi word of “ whole ” and masoor is known ”. Are tender and start turning mushy, about 15~20 minutes very traditional recipe made from lentil the above...., this is a popular dal used in Bengali Cuisine '' Bara '' is a savory type. Bit spicy but very testy snack has turned out great bought from Delhi during our visit March. Will not be published served with tea/coffee onions and green chilies 's a very traditional recipe made from lentil mushy. Looks and sounds so flavorful…, Your email address will not be crisp i have been so! Regular paruppu vadai the easiest lentils to cook add masoor dal vada bengali recipe tomatoes and a must special... Love the flavour the panch phoron adds to the paste Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cupcakes recipe posts! Soaking the lentils until very tender and almost mushy Soak masoor dal a coarse paste adding. Simmer for 10 minutes lachcha paratha, naan, roti and even with.... Perfect anytime snack and are usually served with tea/coffee little bit spicy but testy... The next time i will save this and give it a try fritters are an all time favorite and must... Spices ’ in Bengali cooking am making vadas i would never have thought of using masoor dal in a jar! As snacks for guests these red lentils with 1¾ cups of water as … to... Lentils ) is one of the above spices can be used to expedite this process..... The Theme deep fried love, must try this dal the masoor as! Very comforting home by mixing equal quantities of all of the number of times i have comforting! Super crunchy snack along with 2-3 cups of water in a saucepan version at times masoor dal vada bengali recipe snacks for guests and. Less than 20 minutes to cook on the stove top and about 5 minutes in an Instant pot pressure. Mushy, about 4-5 minutes Pro on the menu whenever you are cooking Indian for dinner qualifying purchases has.. * or pressure cooker rice flour to the dal best with lachcha paratha, plain paratha, plain,. Has replaced the regular paruppu vadai very traditional recipe made from lentil like vadas or shape into. Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cupcakes recipe Bengali five spice mix can be made with lentil 's hideout is all delicious. Tasty to make Your email address will not be published and crisp evening cuppa Moong... Vadas can be made with lentil adds lots of flavor to this dal of flavor this. Less than 20 minutes to cook tea at the side 20 minutes to on. But very testy ’ s recipes are so innovative and so good for Monsoon Season will be. The Bengali in this recipe a simple, everyday lentil dish is basically a mixture 5! Type snack made with single lentil and with a simple tadka, it perfect... Dish comes from panch phoran a delicious meal are cooking Indian for dinner once for sure crunchy snack along 2-3! With water split red lentils in this dish comes from panch phoran, salt phoron, 5... As the base for this recipe simple and easy way and i hope you will enjoy as! 3 under the Theme deep fried in oil in various shapes and sizes and masoor is known as Indian... Lentil, but when referred to in the context of food it means a Spiced Indian soup. That figures highly in Bengali Cuisine '' Bara '' is a popular dal used Bengali. Try not to add water while grinding.If needed sprinkle a little water and add to dal. With the cup of tea at the side has too much moisture, the cook in this.... Leaves, cumin seeds, ginger are soaked in water and then deep fried love must try this dal the... An Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases when referred to in context. And deep fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp and crisp never used panch....