19. And the frost weapons are pretty good against dragonslayer armor. It's a good sword among many really good swords. If you're new and you're looking at the comments of this wiki to decide if you should use this, it's definitely a good option. Make a frost build, Vordts hammer with Irithyrll as a backup. Frost barely does anything anywhere, but the irithyll straight sword is pretty good and looks cool as shit. Tags for this mod. I think it's doing decent damage and the reason I'm having trouble with the Abyss Watchers is just my greed for hits, but is frostbite any good at all in PVE? Rendered by PID 10650 on r2-app-0680ee50d9cf24828 at 2020-12-14 13:03:12.059798+00:00 running 85e58d4 country code: US. 3 years ago. Dark Souls PVP Also it is a straight sword. and join one of thousands of communities. REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 10650 on r2-app-0680ee50d9cf24828 at 2020-12-14 13:03:12.059798+00:00 running 85e58d4 country code: US. Details and Calculator for Restrictions here. Any Straight Sword with Stance is great, any straight sword with other weapon art is ok. [–]CaptainKetsu 0 points1 point2 points 4 years ago (0 children). Look him up if you want but not gonna spoil it for you. Irithyll Straight Sword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3. When this sword strikes an Undead or Aberration, it grants a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls. Lothric Knight Sword is what many (myself included) would consider the best straight sword in the game. You’ll need to craft it with the soul of the Blood of the Wolf. You will run into a point where you will have to leave the hollowslayers behind for a little while though, since titanite scale availability goes through a bit of a lull in the early-midgame, but it'll come back strong, don't worry. The pontiff one that is. Im looking for a bit of friendly advice on which weapon would be better to use for me going forward. It's great for pvp when combined with the Fallen Knight armor and Grass Crest shield! It's good on account of being a straight sword and better still because some of the late game bosses are weak to frost. You can't buff it and it has a lower AR than a lot of straight swords, but almost everything is susceptible to frost, especially the late game bosses. Gotta maximize your fashion. Meme Lord Stranger. submitted 4 years ago by WargWrestlerPraise the keyboard! Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Last updated 08 July 2019 3:20AM. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. I expect it'll be patched honestly, given how common people using the Irithyll Straight Sword are in all cases. [S] 0 points1 point2 points 4 years ago (0 children), Sick I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes! Dark Souls III. [–]MyHeartsMistakes 1 point2 points3 points 4 years ago (0 children). I have been using this in the offhand with the irithyll straight sword in PvP, and I came up with some interesting combos: R1 R1 L2 L2 R2 and R1 R1 L2 R2. will not be tolerated. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: Posts must be related to Dark Souls 3 in content, not just in title. Trust me I've been using it ever since I picked it up. I got it and didn't really use it that much (which is unfortunate because it looks cool), I'm now using the hollow slayer great sword +1. And even though slayer armor of dragons is weak to frost it's not an actual damage type, just a status effect that barely does anything to ai or player enemies. Was just wondering, this is my first dark souls game and I'm not yet completely familiar with everything. The sword has a 139 base damage and gets a 20% bonus to damage against Abyssal enemies which includes a number of bosses such as Aldrich, Devourer of Gods. you could also swap grass crest with Shield of Want. Straight Swords are the most basic type of weapon, but have solid reach and damage, fast attack speed and the Skill Stance, along with other versatile Weapon Arts. Prod 61,948 views Thank you, [–]Eggehard 0 points1 point2 points 4 years ago (2 children). When used by a neutral character, it imposes disadvantage to hit. Please read the full community rules and guidelines. I think that is the only boss that comes to mind that it is very effective against. Anri's Straight Sword is a Weapon in Dark Souls 3. But just having two different weapons in terms of speed and damage is already very helpful. I know Dragonslayer Armor is really weak to Frost (takes like four hits to set off Frostbite). It has the potential to be stronger but it scales off Strength and Dex. I'm currently stuck on The Abyss Watchers and I'm using the Irithyll sword that I've reinforced a bit. The Irithyll Straight Sword is a bit special. The only downside of … The Irithyll Straight Sword is one of the four weapons (three in the base game) that are capable of inflicting Frostbite status without the use of skills, which hinders an enemy's staminarecovery, inflicts some direct damage to their health, and lowers their damage absorption by 20% for a short duration. White Goat. © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. It is secretly a lot longer than it looks and that is due to the weapon art. Pump-a-rum Dark Sword just has Ultra Greatsword Weapon Art (except much weaker) for some reason and Sunlight is just shit now because it requires a Faith Build, why would you need a faith spell on Weapon Art if you already have good enough build for the real miracle? Unique DLs-- Total DLs-- Total views. Dark Souls Mods. I think Irithyll Straight Sword is a quality weapon. Dark Souls 3 - Irithyll Straight Sword Weapon Location & Showcase Guide - Duration: 4:46. It ranks low because it’s skill Wolf Sword is a simple slow-spinning slash or a forward slashing somersault. It's fun, but the Frostbite effect never seems to proc on enemies. Or will it depend on the situation? Irithyll Straight Sword worth upgrading? Anonymous. As a general rule of thumb, in this game they kept the Bloodborne combat system a little more than they should; you want a faster weapon that's lighter on stamina and still has decent reach. Your point is valid, just a minor correction - Hollowslayer upgrades with Titanite Scales (not shards) and Irithryll Straight Sword upgrades with Twinkling Titanite. The advantage you have ofcourse is that the hollowslayers and the irythil straight sword go by different upgrade paths (titanite shards and the other by titanite scale) so you can upgrade them both at the same time without having to choose. However, it has unremarkable stat scaling and rather low base damage for a weapon that upgrades with Twinkling Titanite. DkS3 Builds I've spent time helping others with pontiff and the most common combinations I see are itythil ss, fallen knight armor and either grass crest or shield of want. The Irithyll one just happens to be be strength orientated and have innate frostbite. Astora Straight Sword is really good when you give it a raw infusion during the lower levels, and it goes nicely with low Str/Dex builds that can buff it. GosuNoob 50,510 views. Some co-op team comes at you with Fallen Knight sets and enough spam to feed a family, you can get slapped with it fairly easily after rolling through an Irithyll/Vordt R1 whiff-blender that builds it up almost immediately. Are there any straight swords which are superior to Irithyll Straight Sword? There's a lot of situations where my current weapon isn't cutting it (greatsword too slow for fast enemies, or straight sword not staggering enemies like the greatsword, greatsword helpful against weak but dangerous enemies you want to kill in one or two hits etc.) So far I just beat Lord Hodnir. Irithyll Straight Sword [DKS3 Wiki] Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki 11. (Broadsword, Darksword) I also saw someone clear them with the Astora straight sword which I also have but haven't buffed, is that one any good? It's such a cool sword and has been really useful to me. When used by an evil character, all damage is transferred to the wielder and can not be resisted. I never knew you could run out of rats, but I did, [Lore Spoilers] : Rosaria’s Mouth Has Been Cleaned Out Completely. Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:04 pm. Bloodborne Frostbite is everywhere at lower levels with Vordt's hammer and Irithyll straight sword. Can't be infused or buffed, though, so it'll fall behind other weapons in terms of raw damage. A community dedicated to everything about Dark Souls 3. Looks BA too. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Irithyll Straight Sword is a weapon in Dark Souls 3. Thankfully I later got gud and leveled up my VIT so I could wear silver knight armor. The community password is "GG", having a password will ignore all level and weapon restrictions. They're all exceptional because they're so spammable it's unreal. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Dark Souls 3: Dual Wielding PvP - The Irithyll Warrior - Irithyll Straight Sword & Irithyll Rapier - Duration: 16:13. Straight sword of an unknown knight, likely one of Astora's superiors." Literally shreds any boss or … If you use the irithyrll SS be sure to wear fallen knight armor and equip the eagle kite shield otherwise you do not get the stat bonus of +1 edge. that I can just switch easily. Meme templates or satire should be posted to /r/ShittyDarkSouls.. No pictures of screens (TV, monitors, phones, tablets, etc.). I've never really used the Irithyll Straight Sword but looking at its base damage per upgrade level, it seems like it's pretty close to a longsword in damage so it's not bad while you're leveling up. PC Xbox One. [–]CulturedSavage 0 points1 point2 points 4 years ago (0 children). View entire discussion (46 … What's that stat bonus and what will it give? I don't have any complaints. Dark Souls 3 Black Knight Invasion - SL85 Quality Build - … Log In to add custom notes to this or any other game. Straight sword bestowed upon the Outrider Knights of the Boreal Valley. It looks like a standard sword, but it deals additional frost damage, causing frostbite to targets. I just want to experiment a bit with the swords and I'll do that with this. If you want to try a different weapon though a raw astora straight sword is the speed runners weapon of choice, [–]WargWrestlerPraise the keyboard! I used it for a little while, but spec wise your better off using Irithyll Straight Sword. Details: This weapon is an excellent alternative to the Iridyll Straight Sword for players who would like to either infuse or buff their weapon. it makes me sad how the fallen knigh set has become a joke because it really is one of the best looking sets in the series. Irithyll Straight Sword [DKS3 Wiki] Comments posted to our Dark Souls 3 Wiki 10 . Endorsements. ... God with what looks good and feels good to you. Is the Irithyll Straight Sword any good? Compared to others it's a bit on the short side, for pve though this won't matter too much. Download: Manual; 0 of 0 File information. Noob souls player here. This sword has everything you could want: great range, excellent damage output, and low stat requirements which make it viable with almost any build you use. The sword only has one positive redeemable value. Use to be on the Knight Set + Drake Sword +Knight Shield wombo combo. Straight Swords are a Weapon type in Dark Souls 3. From shop Infinity3DPrints. Straight sword bestowed upon the Outrider Knights of the Boreal Valley. [–]a_few_ideas99 1 point2 points3 points 4 years ago (0 children). The OP-ness of it is all over the internet. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Self-promotion is allowed once weekly with community participation. Let's talk. If you want to try a different weapon though a raw astora straight sword is the speed runners weapon of choice level 2 1.0. It's great for early game PvP but later you'll find straight sword that squeeze more out of your stats. Irithyll Straight Sword any good? It doesn't seem to effect them at all but the Irithyll sword also seems to be faster and it costs less stamina than my other weapons. Original upload 08 July 2019 3:20AM. This was my first playthrough build bad when I was ignorant of online stereotypes in this game. Especially if your a knight going for a strength build. Its moveset is identical to that of the Long Sword, but with noticeably longer reach. ... plus it can be reset by your pyromancer if you have one and it has very good range. Irithyll Straight Sword; Irithyll Straight Sword. Uploaded by razorwire. -- Watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/distortion2 Its a good weapon. [–]CaptainKetsu 2 points3 points4 points 4 years ago (4 children), Frost barely does anything anywhere, but the irithyll straight sword is pretty good and looks cool as shit. yep I fully maxed it out. I have currently just left the undead settlement so will be heading through the road of sacrifices. When used by anyone who is not attuned but is Good, it is a normal straight sword. I feel it's an amazing sword. It does have frostbite and you will end up inflicting it on a lot of enemies in the early game. What's generally better then, the hollow slayer greaysword or the Irithyll straight sword? From shop LilDragonDesigns. Oh god the embarrassment. Irithyll straight sword Infinity3DPrints. Discriminatory language (racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, etc.) LT then Rt and look at a sword longer than a spear for a second and a half. Fashion Souls Until they can get the dark sword ofc. What I usually do is two varying types, so a mace for armored or tough scaled enemies and a sword for more squishy enemies. Safe to use . Good for avoiding stuff as a last ditch attempt to get out of somewhere. #3. No name and shame or witch hunting posts or comments. Dark Souls Every Outrider Knight one day devolves into a beast, constantly hounded by Pontiff Sulyvahn's black eyes. This guide will show you Irithyll Straight Sword location in Dark Souls 3, its stats and what it looks like. I am at the point I need to use two twinkling titanite to go to +2, and I wonder if it's worth it. Summon Sign 5,250. Test run I did with the ISS, pretty rough early game, late-game was alright though. Put that broken straight sword down. yes its cool looking but it gets the job done with style. Version. It swings a little slower than other straight swords IMO, and is a little stamina heavy compared to Dark Sword/Longsword/SSS.