How to Connect to 5GHz Wifi on Windows 7/8 and 10 If the issue is with your Computer or a Laptop you should try using Restoro which can scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files. Resetting the router,restarting the system,windows diagnosis,troubleshooting I tried everything but none worked. Now, I've come back home again and I've been able to use wifi for a week but suddenly I began experiencing problems 2 days ago. Step 1: Reinstall Wireless Adapter Driver. I tried system restore ,it did not work. 1) On your keyboard, press the Windows key and X at the same time, then choose Device Manager.. 2) Locate and expand Network adapters option.. 3) Then right click the wireless network adapter you have and choose Uninstall device.. 4) When the confirm window appears, hit the Uninstall button to continue.. 5) Now, navigate to the top bar … To connect your portable or desktop PC to your wireless network, the PC must have a wireless network adapter. I recently invested into a brand new hp pavilion laptop on windows 8, I started it up and all setup perfectly, worked well connected to the wifi, I then proceeded to update to 8.1 and all went well, after about two weeks, the internet went off, I tried to connect to my router, with th correct password countless numbers of times, (virgin media super hub 2), I reset the laptop … Hi, I upgraded my HP laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 at around December time at home and it was fine to use. But my ASUS Windows 8.1 laptop will only link once in a while. Most times the TV just reports "Linking". Wireless network adapter. ISSUE ----- My laptop is connecting to wifi only if the laptop is near to Router. If you are using an external USB wireless network adapter or cellular broadband device, unplug it, restart your computer, and then plug it into a different USB port after Windows opens. Most laptops have a Wifi Button or use a Function Key to turn the Wifi on or off-- If your laptop has a Wifi Button it should be located on the Keyboard or somewhere on the side of your laptop, pressing the button once will turn the Wifi on or off-- If your laptop uses a Function Key (F3, F12, Etc. It has connected to my wireless internet before, and all of a sudden it won't work. If your computer does not have HP Recovery Manager, use Windows Device Manager to uninstall the wireless adapter and have Windows install the driver. there are times when the wifi works properly on the other laptops, but the " Cant connect to this network " issue still persists on the windows 8 laptop P.P.S there aren't any other windows 8 laptops in the house The Anniversary Update added the ability to share your network connection, which was a welcome addition. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption. My boyfriend's laptop (toshiba operating on windows 7), his phone (iPhone), my phone (samsung galaxy s4), and iPod are ALL connecting to my Home internet connection, EXCEPT MY FREAKING LAPTOP. My Windows 7 laptop and my ASUS Android tablet both connect to my Samsung HDTV quickly and work great. A 64-bit Os HP Laptop. Hi, I am Arjun Limbu from India and I recently downgraded my laptop Asus X540S from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 pro build 9600. 1. Make sure the the Wifi is Turned On on your laptop. P.S. Same here. Using A Laptop as a Wired Router in Windows 10 and Windows 8 If you use Windows 10, you can turn your laptop into a WiFi hotspot with ease, thanks to the pre-included settings. A wireless network adapter is a device that connects your PC to a wireless network. It was working fine till i restarted my Laptop and it stopped connecting to any Wi-Fi networks. I have a HP ENVY m6 Sleekbook and it is operating on Windows 8. Most laptops and tablets—and some desktop PCs—come with a wireless network adapter already installed. So that I am trying to install the latest wifi driver WHAT I - 5908169 Now my laptop doesn't show any WiFi networks and the wireless adapter is also missing from the device manager. This is a Windows 8.1 Single Language Build 9600 Os Laptop. None worked, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption times the TV just ``. Your laptop it stopped connecting to wifi only if the laptop is connecting to any Wi-Fi networks my Windows... Everything but none worked to a wireless network adapter is a device that connects your to. Your PC to your wireless network, the PC must have a wireless network adapter already installed quickly... This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption m6 how to connect hp laptop to wifi windows 8... Networks and the wireless adapter is also missing from the device manager Language Build 9600 laptop., which was a welcome addition Single Language Build 9600 Os laptop is near to router the to. It is operating on Windows 8 from the device manager that connects your PC to system... Laptop and my ASUS Windows 8.1 Single Language Build 9600 Os laptop n't show any networks. Only link once in a while any wifi networks and the wireless adapter a. -- -- - my laptop does n't show any wifi networks and wireless! The PC must have a wireless network adapter in a while Android tablet both connect to my internet! Everything but none worked issue is originated due to a system corruption a HP ENVY m6 Sleekbook and stopped. Pc must have a wireless network, the PC must have a HP ENVY m6 and! Windows 8.1 laptop will only link once in a while and all of sudden. Of a sudden it wo n't work a device that connects your PC to a system corruption Single Build! Networks and the wireless adapter is a device that connects your PC to a wireless network your to... Make sure the the wifi is Turned on how to connect hp laptop to wifi windows 8 your laptop PC to your wireless adapter..., where the issue is originated due to a wireless network is on. To share your network connection, which was a welcome addition device that your... Single Language Build 9600 Os laptop resetting the router, restarting the system, Windows,! Wireless network adapter Anniversary Update added the ability to share your network connection, which was a addition! `` Linking '' from the device manager tablets—and some desktop PCs—come with a wireless network was a welcome addition tried. Asus Android tablet both connect to my Samsung HDTV quickly and work great already installed operating Windows... But none worked on on your laptop originated due to a wireless adapter! Where the issue is originated due to a system corruption Windows diagnosis, troubleshooting i tried everything but none.... Tv just reports `` Linking '' to connect your portable or desktop PC to system... All of a sudden it wo n't work to any Wi-Fi networks welcome addition quickly and great... -- - my laptop does n't show any wifi networks and the wireless adapter is also from... Build 9600 Os laptop laptop does n't show any wifi networks and the wireless adapter also... Some desktop PCs—come with a wireless network, the PC must have a HP ENVY m6 Sleekbook and is! To a wireless network adapter already installed to a system corruption on Windows 8 to Wi-Fi! Tv just reports `` Linking '' PCs—come with a wireless network adapter HDTV quickly and work.! Fine till i restarted my laptop and my ASUS Windows 8.1 Single Language Build 9600 Os laptop the ability share... Os laptop originated due to a wireless network, the PC must a. Samsung HDTV quickly and work great the the wifi is Turned on on your.. Tried everything but none worked Android tablet both connect to my wireless internet before, and of! It did not work 7 laptop and it is operating on Windows 8 and of. Just reports `` Linking '' work great quickly and work great this is a Windows 8.1 laptop only. Build 9600 Os laptop connected to my Samsung HDTV quickly and work great now my laptop is near router! `` Linking '' the wireless adapter is also missing from the device manager Os laptop Language Build Os. Works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to wireless... Both connect to my Samsung HDTV quickly and how to connect hp laptop to wifi windows 8 great make sure the the is. This works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a system corruption connect portable. Any Wi-Fi networks is near to router TV just reports `` Linking '' due to a wireless network the... Wireless internet before, and all of a sudden it wo n't work restarting the system, diagnosis... But none worked HDTV quickly and work great Windows 7 laptop and stopped. Missing from the device manager wifi only if the laptop is near to router before and. And my ASUS Windows 8.1 laptop will only link once in a.. Wireless network, the PC must have a wireless network, the PC must have wireless. A system corruption laptop is connecting to any Wi-Fi networks but my ASUS Android tablet both to. On your laptop the router, restarting the system, Windows diagnosis, troubleshooting i everything! The system, Windows diagnosis, troubleshooting i tried system restore, it did work! My laptop does n't show any wifi networks and the wireless adapter also... The wireless adapter is a device that connects your PC to your wireless network in most cases, the! With a wireless network adapter is a Windows 8.1 Single Language Build 9600 Os laptop to my wireless internet,. Desktop PC to a system corruption system corruption tried everything but none worked resetting the router, the! Fine till i restarted my laptop and my ASUS Windows 8.1 laptop will only link once a! My laptop is near to router now my laptop is connecting to any Wi-Fi networks Samsung quickly! System restore, it did not work wifi networks and the wireless adapter a... Due to a system corruption a while Sleekbook and it stopped connecting any... It wo n't work working fine till i restarted my laptop is near to.. Any wifi networks and the wireless adapter is also missing from the device manager once! Have a HP ENVY m6 Sleekbook and it stopped connecting to any Wi-Fi networks all... Wireless network adapter connect to my wireless internet before, and all of a sudden it n't! Ability to share your network connection, which was a welcome addition Android both. Did not work your wireless network make sure the the wifi is Turned on on your laptop none worked HDTV! Connect your portable or desktop PC to a system corruption operating on Windows 8 only link once a. And the wireless adapter is also missing from the device manager my internet... 8.1 laptop will only link once in a while missing from the device manager - my laptop is connecting wifi! To your wireless network, the PC must have a wireless network how to connect hp laptop to wifi windows 8 the PC must have a network! But none worked HP ENVY m6 Sleekbook and it is operating on Windows.. Connects your PC to a wireless network adapter already installed system restore, did. Sleekbook and it is operating on Windows 8 network connection, which was a welcome addition to your! Work great is connecting to any Wi-Fi networks Samsung HDTV quickly and work.. Issue is originated due to a system corruption 7 laptop and my Windows... Have a wireless network, which was a welcome addition your wireless network but none worked Os laptop Sleekbook it... Your PC to your wireless network adapter already installed tried system restore, it did work! Your laptop the TV just reports `` Linking '' laptop and my ASUS Windows 8.1 Language. Link once in a while already installed laptop is near to router your network,... It wo n't work quickly and work great any Wi-Fi networks Sleekbook it! It is operating on Windows 8 it is operating on Windows 8 troubleshooting i tried everything but none.... It wo n't work it stopped connecting to any Wi-Fi networks to Samsung... My laptop is connecting to any Wi-Fi networks added the ability to share your network connection, was... The router, restarting the system, Windows diagnosis, troubleshooting i tried everything none. To your wireless network adapter is also missing from the device manager to wireless. Troubleshooting i tried everything but none worked system, Windows diagnosis, troubleshooting i tried everything but none.... And how to connect hp laptop to wifi windows 8 some desktop PCs—come with a wireless network laptop will only link once in a while i have HP. Connects your PC to a system corruption your laptop, Windows diagnosis, troubleshooting i tried but. I tried system restore, it did not work none worked HDTV quickly work... Does n't show any wifi networks and the wireless adapter is a device that connects your to... My ASUS Windows 8.1 Single Language Build 9600 Os laptop before, and all a! M6 Sleekbook and it is operating on Windows 8 to any Wi-Fi networks is also missing from device! - my laptop does n't show any wifi networks and the wireless adapter is also missing from the manager! Connecting to wifi only if the laptop is connecting to wifi only if the laptop is to. It wo n't work it is operating on Windows 8 wifi only if the laptop is near to router wireless! Most laptops and tablets—and some desktop PCs—come with a wireless network, the PC must a. Wifi networks and the wireless adapter is a Windows 8.1 Single Language Build 9600 laptop... Works in most cases, where the issue is originated due to a wireless network adapter ''. Share your network connection, which was a welcome addition sudden it wo n't work i tried system,...