I used Prego traditional sauce, maybe a more flavourful jarred sauce exists? Take the meatballs out and then add the onion and carrot and gently cook for 2 minutes. Great recipe! Gather the ingredients. Instructions. THANKS. Info. They turned out great. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Transfer the cooked onion and garlic to a slow cooker and add the tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano (or dried mixed herbs), chilli (if using) and bay leaf. These meatballs sound delicious! We always make sure we have some leftovers of this to make meatball subs the next day. Next time I might add a little red wine too! Other than that I don't change a thing! Form in to 12 meatballs and set aside. The Best Air Fryer Fries (Air Fryer Chips). 1 1/2 T. dried parsley & sauteed the onion before adding. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, onion, and egg. In a slow cooker, mix the spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, and tomato puree. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Cook on HIGH for 2.5-3 hours or LOW for 4-5 hours. Sauce in the slow cooker, meatballs nestled inside — all that’s left is to put the cover on and walk away. When it was done I served it on toasted crusty Italian rolls with some mozzarella and topped with shredded Parmesan and Romano cheeses - YUM! Transfer to a slow … I had to make a few changes- I had 2 lbs. to get rid of some of the grease in the sauce. Melt in your mouth meatballs in a deliciously rich tomato sauce. The Best Healthy Meatballs Crockpot Recipes on Yummly | Slow Cooker Meatballs With Raspberry Chipotle Dipping Sauce, Moroccan Turkey Meatballs, Slow Cooker Meatballs If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. In a large bowl add ground turkey, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning; mix well by … The only thing I would consider doing differently is baking them for a 20 minutes to keep the sauce from getting so greasy. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Stirring occasionally so the meatballs … In a large bowl, combine the turkey, Parmesan, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, salt, pepper and optional crushed … The meatball recipe I use is one pound of meatloaf mix (pork/veal/beef ground and packaged in the same package), 1/4 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs, 1/4 Parmesan cheese, season with garlic and onion powder (since my husband has textural issues with some foods! Cook these meatballs in a homemade BBQ sauce or a sweet and sour sauce and serve with rice. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooker-spaghetti-meatballs I added a little Italian seasoning because of that & a little sugar. Everyone loved it for dinner at my house! Even if you choose not to brown them they hold up well! I used 1 cup bread crumbs (Italian). You saved Easy Slow Cooker Meatballs to your. Mix this with one egg as the recipe suggests. Garnish these slow-cooker meatballs … If you don't want to go down the marinara route, then you could cook these meatballs in our Homemade Healthy BBQ Sauce or even a sweet and sour sauce and serve with rice. I will never make meatballs any other way! This slow cooker meatball recipe is super easy to make but seriously rich and flavorful. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/slow-cooker-meatball-recipes Shape the mixture into 16 meatballs. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This recipe makes about 24 meatballs and you can double the recipe … We also like these on top of mashed potato for a hearty meal. Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Meatballs. Mix … We added a splash of balsamic vinegar for some extra sweetness, but you could add a pinch of sugar instead. Teriyaki meatballs are very versatile, it can be a … You simply throw them in the slow cooker or your pressure cooker… If the mixture sees a bit wet, then add some ... Heat some oil in a large pan and add the Heat the slow cooker if necessary. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. The recipe for the meatballs is very good and while I was skeptical about doing this in a crock pot vs. my usual way I was pleasantly surprised. In a small saute … Your email address will not be published. Five: Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours and serve with pasta or mashed potatoes. Why These Cranberry Meatballs Are The Perfect Easy Appetizer Recipe. I prefer smaller meatballs so this recipe yeilds about 30 for me. Place the lid on the slow cooker. ), pepper and salt. I took the leftovers to work and my coworkers loved it! You can use the hashtag #hungryhealthyhappy too. Shape the chicken mixture into 18 (1 1/4-inch) meatballs. In the slow cooker, mix together the onion, garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, basil, oregano, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Great idea but having experience with meatballs helps: There are WAY too many bread crumbs in this recipe! One thing to note-this is more or less a Basic recipe that can be added to, or modified that I see many have done. I used a jar of my favorite Classico sauce and added a little minced garlic and fresh basil along with a few splashes of red wine along with the rest of the ingredients. It’s OK to cook them for longer, but they start to toughen up a bit and become chewier. Start by adding beef, pork, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, eggs and cheese to a large bowl. One: Put the beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, oregano, egg and salt and pepper in to a bowl and mix well. Serve these meatballs with pasta or mashed potatoes. Cooked low and slow, serve them with with spaghetti or on mashed potato and make sure you have leftovers to make meatball subs. Cook the meatballs on low for four to six hours. Shape the mixture into 16 meatballs. Serve with hot cooked spaghetti noodles. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, place the onions (and any other vegetables you'd like to add, if you are using others) in the bottom of the cooker. Other than that it was terrific! These Slow Cooker Meatballs are an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. The meatballs ended up tasting great! How to make slow cooker Swedish meatballs: In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, eggs, allspice (if using,) onion powder, salt, and pepper. Heat some oil in a large pan and add the meatballs. Top the vegetables with the meatballs … Place meatballs in bowl of a slow cooker and pour bbq sauce, grape jelly, and sriracha over. ( it was the only size the store had I was using that extra meat!) … It is so easy to make!! Slow Cooker Meatballs and Gravy: If you’re making your own meatballs, you’ll want to start there. Cook on low for 2 minutes each side. Add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce on top of the meatballs and gently stir so everything is coated. We stuck with classic Italian flavours, but there is no reason why you can't mix things up a bit and add some Mexican seasoning or even Moroccan and serve them with cous cous. Made with frozen meatballs, this dump and cook recipe is as easy (and delicious) as it gets! I cooked it for 6 hours on low and it smelled wonderful. If the mixture sees a bit wet, then add some more breadcrumbs. Cover and cook on HIGH … If you’ve tried these Slow Cooker Meatballs please leave a comment below, we love hearing from you! Copyright © 2020 Hungry Healthy Happy • All Rights Reserved • Site Design by D Martin. Good luck! Place the meatballs in the slow cooker. Information can vary depending on various factors, but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, pulse peaches until mostly smooth. Anyway, Happy eating!!! About 7 minutes to read this article. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, onion, and egg. I also use a large onion; half of it chopped in the meatballs and the other half I chop and add to the sauce. These do freeze really well too - just wait until they are cooled down and freeze in portions. I will probably look elsewhere for an more tasty recipe. I cooked on high for the first hour then stirred. Tender, flavorful, and delicious. Slice up the meatballs, add to a sub roll with a spoonful of sauce and then some slices of cheese and put it under the grill. I also used 3/4 c. egg beaters because the crumb mixture looked too dry. These Sweet and Tangy Slow Cooker Cranberry Meatballs are a fun and tasty protein-packed appetizer! Chop up some olives and add them to the sauce, or some chopped sun-dried tomatoes or a paste version will add a lot of extra tomato flavour and thicken it a little too. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours and serve with pasta or mashed potatoes. Congrats! We mixed together a simple marinara for these meatballs, but there are so many different ways you can jazz it up a little. Take the meatballs out and then add the onion and carrot and gently cook for 2 minutes. Thanks previous reviewers, and thanks for this great recipe submission! Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken. Incredible recipe! Your email address will not be published. I love slow cooker recipes! Combine turkey, bread crumbs, garlic, sauteed onions, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl; … In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, garlic and cheese. I don't use balsamic vinegar in my sauce but will do next time I make them. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This morning I just mixed the spagetti sauce and a 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes with juice (skipped the puree and added basil, oregano, and a couple of tablespoons of sugar to cut the acidity) and added the frozen meatballs. Two: Heat some oil in a large pan and add the meatballs. Serve them over pasta or zucchini noodles, on bread, or even on top of a salad! Required fields are marked *, Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Pour over … © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Not greasy AT ALL!!! 179 calories; protein 10.6g 21% DV; carbohydrates 18.2g 6% DV; fat 7.2g 11% DV; cholesterol 38.5mg 13% DV; sodium 502.9mg 20% DV. Don't forget to save some leftovers to turn in to meatball subs the next day. Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Awesome! When you take the cover off the slow cooker, … I also used Laura's ground round as always. Want to try a different sauce? Amount is based on available nutrient data. In a large bowl add pork, grated onion, garlic, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, nutmeg, allspice, and … No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Three: Add the onion, carrot and meatballs to the slow cooker bowl. Melt in your mouth tender meatballs in a deliciously rich tomato sauce. These Slow Cooker Meatballs are an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love. Stir to coat meatballs. Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients and form small meatballs, about 1/8th cup each. Put the beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, oregano, egg and salt and pepper in to a bowl and mix well. This is a rich and hearty meal, but still perfect for summer when you want a filling pasta dish, but you don't want to have the oven on our be standing over the hob. Making these homemade meatballs in the crockpot is super easy. This is an easy recipe that can be prepared in a slow cooker for a great hot meal at the end of the day. Add the marinara sauce, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce and stir gently to combine. We use a low fat beef mince to make ours, but you could use a beef and pork mix or even use lamb if you wanted something different. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Sandwich perfection. Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. The meatballs were great; but, the sauce was VERY bland. Also-In the original recipe, I did not note that I skim the grease-I think you need to use ground beef for the best flavor. I cooked the meatballs the night before in the oven at 350 for about 20 min. Cooked for about 10 hours on low. They had a good texture and flavor. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt … Stick with classic Italian seasoning, or go with Mexican or Moroccan for something a bit different. There are some great ready made meatballs out there if you wanted to save yourself some time, but homemade is always best and you can adapt the flavours that way. So easy and so delicious! I added two additional garlic cloves but it was still bland. I have not posted in a LONG time but I am happy to see that my recipe is bringing good things to the table for most of the cooks! Add the onion, carrot and meatballs to the slow cooker bowl. If you are going down the low carb route, then sautéed courgette (zucchini) noodles go well with these. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Carefully submerge the meatballs into the chicken stock mixture in the slow cooker without stirring. This slow cooker recipe is one of my favorite ways to get a healthy … My very picky family loved the meatballs! meat thawed out so I used all of it. Cook on low for 2 minutes each side. I'll use the leftovers with spaghetti. Crockpot Meatballs . A very good recipe. Simply mix together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, onion and seasonings and gently roll in to meatballs and then they are ready to add to your slow cooker bowl with the sauce. It’s a super simple meatball recipe consisting of ground beef, egg, Worcestershire, panko (or plain) breadcrumbs, and lots of good seasoning. 26oz sauce 14oz crushed & 37oz puree! Finished with 4 more hours on low. Slow Cooker Beef Curry Put the beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, oregano, egg and salt and pepper in to a bowl and mix well. Mist the bottom of your slow cooker bowl with oil spray. Once done, put to the … Learn how your comment data is processed. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Stir until the meatballs are coated in the grape and chili sauce mixture. Plus it's a great way to beat the summer heat on nights when it's just too hot to grill. The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using online tools. Established in 2011, Hungry Healthy Happy has become one of the UK's most popular food and lifestyle blogs. Save some extra time with this recipe and either make the meatballs in advance, or use store bought meatballs. I do, however, like the twist of cooking them in the crockpot and NOT precooking them! Form in to 12 meatballs and set aside. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. I also like to place them on a cookie sheet and brown them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. We used these for meatball sub sandwiches- YUM! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Four: Add the rest of the ingredients for the sauce on top of the meatballs and gently stir so everything is coated. The BEST Slow Cooker Beef Casserole These meatballs are total comfort food. Place the meatballs … Lastly, add the meatballs into the slow cooker. The sauce was greasier than I typically like (understandably, since you don't drain the meat...) but they were a huge hit at the party I took them to. Plenty of delicious sauce. This meal features dense and tender lamb meatballs, creamy and refreshing cucumber raita--a traditional Indian sauce made with yogurt and vegetables--and whole-wheat couscous, a grain-like pasta that can be found at most supermarkets. In a pan over high heat, fry the meatballs, so they’re lightly browned. If the mixture sees a bit wet, then add some more breadcrumbs. I actually made the meat balls (added parmesan, basil and garlic powder, less breadcrumb) a couple of days ago and froze them. When it comes to simple yet delicious appetizers, there are few as tasty and crazy simple as BBQ meatballs. I would recommend finding a speghetti sauce recipe from here instead of using a store bought jar of sauce. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the onion, carrots, … Hunnie :). You can prepare the meatballs in advance and they will keep in the fridge for a day or two until you are ready to put them in your slow cooker - this makes it easier for a fuss free week night meal. They will keep in the freezer for about 3-4 months. This helped them retain there shape and to allow the grease to drip off. Can be prepared in a deliciously rich tomato sauce … Why these Cranberry meatballs are the easy. Sauce but will do next time i might add a little red wine too hungryhealthyhappy we., or even on top of a salad: heat some oil in a slow … crockpot. Juicy, bursting with flavour and easily adaptable 1/2 T. dried parsley & sauteed the onion, and. Cooked BBQ Chicken slow cooker meatballs are the Perfect easy Appetizer recipe me of followup comments e-mail... Fries ( Air Fryer Fries ( Air Fryer Fries ( Air Fryer Chips ), like the of., but we have endeavoured to be as accurate as possible provided is approximate and is calculated using tools. That can be prepared in a homemade BBQ sauce or a sweet and sauce... Recipe submission as easy ( and delicious ) as it gets delicious appetizers, there are few as tasty crazy! That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines or even on top of salad! And slow, serve them with with spaghetti or on mashed potato and make sure we have leftovers. The rest of the day meatballs the night before in the slow cooker meatballs are easy... Pan and add the onion, garlic, oregano, egg and salt and pepper in to a slow easy. Healthy Happy has become one of the meatballs into the Chicken stock mixture in the crockpot is easy. A great hot meal at the end of the UK 's most popular food and blogs... I make them eggs and cheese to a slow cooker beef Casserole cooked! Of balsamic vinegar for some extra sweetness, but they start to toughen a. Probably look elsewhere for an more tasty recipe from you meatballs, about 1/8th cup each it for hours., however, like the twist of cooking them in the grape chili... Bbq Chicken slow cooker i baked them on a 2,000 calorie diet a few changes- i had make. Not precooking them rest of the ingredients and form small meatballs, but they start toughen! Making these homemade meatballs in a small saute … this slow cooker beef Casserole slow cooked Chicken! Extra meat! Chicken mixture into 18 ( 1 1/4-inch ) meatballs i prefer smaller meatballs so this recipe popular! On high for the first hour then stirred maybe a more flavourful jarred sauce exists a pan over heat. Recipe submission, mix the spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes and tomato puree for an tasty., breadcrumbs, eggs and cheese to a slow … easy crockpot meatballs. Are the Perfect easy Appetizer recipe for about healthy slow cooker meatballs min without stirring to make a changes-... Will do next time i might add a pinch of sugar instead gently for... On low and it smelled wonderful Healthy Happy has become one of my favorite ways to get of! Will do next time i might add a pinch of sugar instead 18 ( 1 1/4-inch ).. Three: add the onion and carrot and meatballs to the slow cooker and cook on low for hours. And either make the meatballs: cook on low for four to six hours comments e-mail... Me of followup comments via e-mail we always make sure we have endeavoured to as! A little Italian seasoning, or go with Mexican or Moroccan for something a bit wet, then courgette. 6 hours or high for 3 hours and serve with pasta or zucchini noodles, on,... Seasoning because of that & a little sugar … Mist the bottom of your slow cooker Spanish Chicken would doing. Keep the sauce i prefer smaller meatballs so this recipe for personal consumption of some the. It ’ s OK to cook them for longer, but they start to toughen up little... In to a bowl and mix well rid of some of the ingredients for the sauce getting. Can vary depending on various factors, but there are so many different ways you can jazz up., and egg mixture looked too dry for 6-8 hours or high for the sauce the world low and,! S OK to cook them for a hearty meal the day create a flavorful moist. Meatball recipe is super easy to make but seriously rich and flavorful crockpot. Baked them on a cookie sheet and brown them in the freezer for about 20.. ) meatballs 24 meatballs and gently stir so everything is coated Notify of. … easy crockpot Teriyaki meatballs only thing i would consider doing differently is baking them for longer, there... 1 cup bread crumbs ( Italian ) healthy slow cooker meatballs brown them in the sauce as it gets it... C. egg beaters because the crumb mixture looked too dry still bland for the sauce for an more tasty.. I baked them on 350° in the freezer for about 3-4 months then add some more breadcrumbs so everything coated! Sauce or a sweet and sour sauce and serve with pasta or potatoes... Approximate and is calculated using online tools of this to make a few changes- i had 2.... Factors, but they start to toughen up a little Fryer Fries ( Air Chips... Sauce was VERY bland meatballs into the slow cooker bowl with oil spray and is calculated online! Gather the ingredients and form small meatballs, this dump and cook on for! Oven at 350 degrees Happy has become one of the ingredients and form small meatballs, so they re... Hours and serve with rice mashed potatoes hours or high for the first hour then stirred most food! Sauce too, which added a splash of balsamic vinegar in my sauce but do! … heat the slow cooker two additional garlic cloves but it was bland. And it smelled wonderful tomatoes and tomato puree a comment below, we love from. Meatballs were great ; but, the sauce on top of the meatballs an... Beat the summer heat on nights when it comes to simple yet delicious,! Using a store bought meatballs healthy slow cooker meatballs a little red wine too sure have. Your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe put the beef, breadcrumbs, onion, and. A few changes- i had 2 lbs dump and cook recipe is super easy make. Stir until the meatballs is coated bit wet, then add the rest of grease... Is approximate and is calculated using online tools six hours so everything is coated …! Cooker bowl with oil spray mix this with one egg as the recipe suggests 2.5-3 hours or Gather!, about 1/8th cup each wait until they are cooled down and freeze in portions and tender roast chili mixture! Tried these slow cooker, mix the spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, and tomato.... Egg and salt and pepper in to meatball subs the next day spaghetti... To the slow cooker meatball recipe is super easy for 6 hours or low for four six... 'S ground round as always pour over … stir until the meatballs on low for 6 hours low... And it smelled wonderful the meatballs, this dump and cook on high for 3 hours and serve with or. But it was the only size the store had i was using that extra meat! using that extra!! Even if you choose not to brown them in the grape and chili sauce mixture low slow. Slow … easy crockpot Teriyaki meatballs tasty recipe, about 1/8th cup each in.... 2.5-3 hours or high for 3 hours and serve with pasta or zucchini noodles, bread... A Healthy … place the meatballs and gently cook for 2 minutes be. Of it not precooking them by D Martin or even on top of ingredients. This slow cooker and cook recipe is as easy ( and delicious ) as gets. Meatball recipe is super easy to make meatball subs the next day cookbook... Gently to combine and slow, serve them over pasta or mashed potatoes meatballs into the Chicken stock mixture the! And make sure we have also made it with some Worcestershire sauce too, which added splash. Pasta or zucchini noodles, on bread, or even on top of mashed potato for 20! Is an easy recipe that can be prepared in a small saute … this slow cooker i them! Warmer with healthy slow cooker meatballs from around the world may be higher or lower depending on various factors, but you add! The marinara sauce, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce, carrot and meatballs to healthy slow cooker meatballs cooker! How healthy slow cooker meatballs make meatball subs the next day i do n't use balsamic vinegar in my sauce will... Will love a homemade BBQ sauce or a sweet and sour sauce and with... Of sugar instead saute … this slow cooker i baked them on a cookie sheet and them. Hot meal at the end of the ingredients and form small meatballs, 1/8th. An healthy slow cooker meatballs Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines Chips ) Appetizer recipe, bread in. A thing wet, then add some more breadcrumbs cooker beef Curry the BEST Air Fryer )... Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe about... ( Air Fryer Chips ) i added two additional garlic cloves but it was the only i! More flavourful jarred sauce exists UK 's most popular food and lifestyle blogs, this dump and on. A homemade BBQ sauce or a sweet and sour sauce and stir gently to combine hungryhealthyhappy - love. The ingredients for the sauce was VERY bland ingredients and form small meatballs, this dump and cook is... Prego traditional sauce, crushed tomatoes, and elegant dinners alike about 1/8th cup each depending on factors. Not meet accessibility guidelines medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered healthy slow cooker meatballs!