My sister made these truffles following this recipe, but used vegan products to make it dairy free and vegan. Romanian Rum Balls Gabitza's Green Kitchen. They look gorgeous too. They are easy, no-bake, vegan-friendly and dairy free-friendly, and … , Thank you Wendy! Tortuga Chocolate Rum Balls have a shelf life of up to 12 months when stored in a cool temperature. Store rum balls … They do keep in the freezer very well. Thank you for sharing your international experiences. or my blog? ), chocolate (or cocoa powder and sweetener), nuts (such as pecans or walnuts), rum, and some kind of binder (for example, corn syrup or condensed milk). I even had a chocolate making friend try to help me, but I ended up with “blooming” cookies the next day. And now that I’m an adult, I need no invitation to make my own! Tempering chocolate is one thing I can’t do though, I don’t know what it is but I always mess it up! ), I’ll take half a dozen please, especially since they have a good “glug” of rum . We've rounded up our favorite Christmas Cupcakes and there's something for everyone including this adorable Snowglobe version. Then process it with cocoa powder and sugar (if you like to add a touch of sweetness), and then pour in the melted chocolate, rum, butter (or coconut oil) and mix to form a soft “dough”. Learn how your comment data is processed. oooh please let me know how it goes!! December is also about a new beginning for me. If dough is too … I would love to see a photo too, and I will try to look into adding that feature on my blog in the future. Would be great to give as gifts but very hard to part with them:), Thank you Sandhya! (I’m actually having one now…). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Just looking at them makes me happy. You are so going to love these quick and easy coconut macaroons. Little bite-sized morsels of rich indulgence. I married my best friend in December, and started a whole new life with him, so the celebration of that is also a consistent reminder that new and amazing things are just around the corner! temper the chocolate according to the following directions. Welcome to our site! Made with dark rum and dark chocolate, these chocolate covered rum balls are a variation on my easy rum ball recipe. Chocolate covered rum balls are a sweet, boozy grownup treat. They’re a little confectionery cake that is usually rolled around in chocolate … If you are adding any chopped nuts or desiccated coconut, you should add them at this point, while the chocolate is still wet. Then add crushed biscuits and mix well with a wooden spoon. December has always been about the holidays for me – Christmas lights, decorations, New Year traditions, the presents, the food, the sense of family and love. Thank you Jessie! Hi Bella, I use desiccated coconut here because I really like the coconut flavor, but it’s not crucial to the recipe, so you can leave it out if you like. Rum balls are … In a food processor, process the cookies, coconut and cocoa powder and sugar till it's completely crushed and is in fine crumbs. Blend in the rum add chopped nuts, mix well, then allow to cool a little. They make a great addition to the holiday dessert table and they are perfect for holiday cookie exchanges. When mixing in the rum, I did it bit by bit till the bough formed a moist ball in my food processor. Join my FREE recipe challenge to receive new recipes and dinner ideas straight to your inbox! Thank you Hilda! Im so glad they come out well! This world-famous Shakshuka recipe is beyond delicious and it's our new addiction! xx. Find me sharing more inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram. The adults answer to Christmas Cookies! Store in an airtight container for … For these rum balls, I chose the easiest way to temper by using “seeding chocolate”, where I first melt about 2/3 of the chocolate in the microwave in bursts until its just melted. They make me happy too!! Disclaimer: The Flavor Bender is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Whisk in the butter pieces. Place the truffle "dough" in a bowl and knead for a few seconds until completely mixed through, and smooth. The whole notion of a cold Christmas is weird to me too. It’s become a day about family (sort of like our Thanksgiving!) overview Since there's no such thing as too much rum (or too much fun! Store balls at room temperature in a covered, air-tight container to keep them moist, dusting with a bit more powdered sugar. This Baileys Irish Cream White Chocolate Fudge is absolutely delicious and only uses 4 ingredients. Roll it in tempered chocolate (or melted vegan chocolate) to form chocolate coated rum truffles. It’s been a fantastic year, and I can’t wait to see what 2015 will bring! Seriously it hurts to part with these chocolate rum balls, they are just so addictive! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Make 1 - 1 1/2 inch balls from the dough and place them on a parchment paper. Chocolate Rum Raisin Balls Recipe Instructions via Wendy’s Kitchen Table In a small bowl soak sultanas in rum for 1 hour or overnight if time permits. Having grown up in Sri Lanka, New Zealand and Australia, December has always been warm and hot. A keeper of a recipe. (Or in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water.) Thank you for being a part of our party. I cannot stop drooling looking at these truffles. Then top these with a white chocolate drizzle or nuts or coconut. Thank you Mila! Is coconut a vital part of the recipe? This will bring the temperature of the chocolate up to 105°F (for me this is usually 95-105°F). Finely grind vanilla wafers, pecans, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor. Before the chocolate coating sets - sprinkle some nuts, coconut or sprinkles. I am slowly but surely demolishing the rest of them! Any tips? These intensely boozy, fudgy, chocolate rum balls (or rum truffles) are the perfect indulgent treat for the holidays! I wanted to share the pics with you but uncertain how to do so here. thank you so much for the recipe, Your very welcome!! Most often, we make rum balls around the holidays. Thank you Jhuls! Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Shake off the excess gently and place them back on the parchment paper. Get my curated collection of the Top 10 Flavor Bender recipes! These dark chocolate rum truffles are not for the faint of heart! Cheers, View now. . directions Combine the vanilla wafers, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder until crumbly. Cookie policy. I am so glad you made them and you and your kids liked them!! You definitely need to try it . Thank you for the recipe. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in the icing sugar. Watch the quick video now. The reviews are confusing. The good thing is that even if you mess it up you can start over (provided you don’t burn or sieze the chocolate (which I’ve done! Did you know that you can duplicate the most perfect crumbly shortbread using only 3 simple ingredients? If you're coating the rum ball truffles in chocolate - you can melt candy coating wafers or. You can roll these in coconut or chocolate sprinkles and serve them just like that if you prefer. Enjoy! Plus there are Vegan and GF options too. This recipe is 100% natural and sweetened with dates. powder sugar, unsweetened cocoa, rum, rum, cherries, granulated sugar and 6 more. These chocolate rum balls are made with digestive cookies (or digestive biscuits) but you can easily substitute them with graham crackers if you like. A moist and fudgy chocolate center bursting with rum flavor and coated in dark chocolate sprinkles, these delicious Chocolate Rum Balls are a sweet and creamy confection created to capture a taste of the Caribbean in every bite. It gets rave reviews too! Sounds just perfect – deep, dark, decadent little morsels! When I make your recipe, I will be covering the truffles in Chocoley compound dipping chocolate instead (unless you offer tempering lessons with a money back guarantee ). Crumble cake into a large bowl, drizzle with rum and set aside for 10 minutes to absorb. Another way you can coat the truffle is by pouring the chocolate onto a marble slab, and then rolling the rum balls in the chocolate until completely coated. I’ve given homemade truffles as gifts before and people usually love them (even if it is messy looking!). Compound chocolate is much easier I have to agree! Remember to process the dry ingredients together. With only 4 ingredients (plus sprinkles) and no baking required, these decadent truffle-like, … Form the mixture into 1-balls. Chocolate Rum Balls- Easy No-Bake This recipe for Chocolate Rum Balls is sure to become a holiday tradition! Nothing beats chocolate-dipped strawberries and they are perfect for parties. I am so happy that your brother’s family enjoyed it! Smart Sips, Liquor Lovers Flavored Coffee Variety Sampler- Raspberry Rum Ball, Cognac, Irish Cream, Chocolate Amaretto, 24 Count for Keurig K-cup Brewers 4.1 out of 5 stars 207 $13.96 $ 13 . Melt the bittersweet chocolate and butter and 1/4 cup rum in a heatproof bowl in the microwave (in 30 sec bursts) till nice and smooth. Add vanilla, rum, and water and pulse until a ball forms around the blade. This is a must make for the holidays and it couldn't be easier. Required fields are marked *. To do this, I add “seeding chocolate” – the remaining 1/3 of the chocolate and mix it well, vigorously, to bring down the temperature of the chocolate to 84 – 86°F. I have to make these! For an even more decadent treat, try chocolate covered rum balls! Plus it was the only time of the year, we were allowed to drink a little wine as kids. DIRECTIONS Melt the chocolate on the stove, mix in remaining ingredients except coconut. I used milk chocolate because that sweetness was a nice contrast against the bitter-sweet, boozy dark chocolate rum balls. Super boozy, if that’s ok with you? Hope you enjoy the rum balls! Watch how to make this beautiful dough from scratch and serve this up at your next get together. Mocha Rum Balls Bacon Fatte. I made these Rum truffles to gift my brother and he and his family enjoyed it. These look gorgeous oh my gosh! Pour half of the chocolate on a cool marble slate or kitchen counter top and roll each of the rum balls in the melted chocolate OR dip the truffles in the melted chocolate. They’re usually similar to chocolate … Well if you’re uninitiated then let me tell you, rum balls are similar to chocolate truffles in richness and decadence. Melt chocolate over low heat and stir in sugar and syrup. … Whisk in the sugar and the rum. Those truffles look amazing – the perfect thing to fend off the cold in a North American winter. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases (at no cost to you) that will help support this website. Chocolate Rum Truffles (Chocolate Rum Balls), they are vegan-friendly and dairy-free friendly and of course no-bake too, Now you can be a little creative at this point, I prefer using Digestive cookies but vanilla wafers or even graham crackers will work too, chips or chopped from a block - Vegan for DF version, I love seeing what you’ve made! If you love cookie truffles, then you will LOVE these Bourbon Gingerbread Truffles too. I am extremely impressed with your chocolate tempering! I hope so… Ive got Rum, Brandy and work stocked up especially because I think I might be getting the cold already (again)!! We curate recipes, DIY, craft and more from the best sites on the web. I agree they look great but did anyone else actually make them? When I made these rum balls for the first time, I had a very good idea of what I wanted these chocolate rum truffles (rum balls) to taste like, Check them all out now and Pin your favorites. If you love eggs, this is one of the best possible dishes that you can make. Deliciously spiced gingerbread truffles, spiked with bourbon and coated in chocolate! Looking for more recipes?Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to get new recipes in your inbox each week! This Nutella Tear And Share Bread is a true treat, straight from the kitchen of a celebrity chef! We grew up with Christmas trees and Christmas celebrations all around us. These get really popular during the holidays and around Christmas time, and I’ve gotten a number of messages on facebook from readers who enjoyed them. I agree to email updates from The Flavor Bender. In a large bowl, combine the crushed wafers, chopped nuts, 3/4 cup icing sugar and the cocoa; add/mix in rum and corn syrup. We have a video tutorial to show you how. Check it out now. They were so boozy they made me lightheaded after eating just one! I experiment with flavors, textures and ingredients, and I love passing on all my tips and tricks to you! Today we show you the proper way to make them and also several easy ways to decorate. hahaha!!! Chocolate Rum Balls usually contain crushed cookies (such as Oreos, Nilla Wafers, etc. The desiccated coconut needs to be chopped up along with the cookies. . Thanks! They are made with simple pantry ingredients and they are scrumptious. It's the perfect use for your over-ripe bananas and healthy too. The year is soon to end and I am sad as well… and happy, too, for the new year coming. Then these rum truffles were dipped in the tempered milk chocolate with a truffle dipping fork, and kept on parchment paper to set. Thank you Michelle!! This has quickly become my favourite! ), we decided to up the rum content in these rich chocolate truffles from 1.5% to 4%. Blend in the melted chocolate. I bet these little gems made a lot of people happy! This has been an Internet smash and you won't want to miss it. It should become less sticky and less soft but still fudgy. These truly are “amaze-balls”! Dave's here with a quick video to show us how. Next, the chocolate needs to be tempered and cooled down, to avoid blooming. Submit your question or recipe review here. Hi! Thank you so much Angela! The texture of the truffle “dough” is quite sticky, soft and fudgy. These 3 ingredient banana pancakes have been an internet sensation and it's the secret ingredient that makes them fluffy and delicious! It can be a lovely gift for the holidays! Or drizzle some white chocolate once it sets. Your email address will not be published. This Banana Nutella Swirl Muffins Recipe is a keeper and you are going to love it. I enjoyed reading about the pieces of different cultures you have incorporated into your life. . I forced myself to read the tempered chocolate link and now I think I can make these! (no charge if you can bring cookies and you don’t mind if it goes horribly wrong!) Roll mixture into small balls and dust with cocoa, or even chocolate shavings, for decoration. Prepare recipe as directed, substituting 3 chopped Swiss dark chocolate nougat bars (3.52 oz. You can find me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER,INSTAGRAM,  PINTEREST, YOU TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too. Roll the mixture into one inch balls, then roll the balls into the chocolate sprinkles, covering them … Need I say more? Roll 1 Tbsp of mixture into a ball and transfer to a tray. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. They look soooo decadent! Chocolate Beer Truffles with Beer infused Pretzel Praline. These truffles look soo good. And boy, do I make ’em. Pinning and sharing…I so want to make these! Maybe one day we can temper chocolate together! But I would love to see your post you can definitely use a picture that you like, would it be ok to have a link back to this post? I am happy to see people preparing for such occasion. . I’m going to make these and wondered if you can freeze them until Christmas? Do you mind me using your pic in a post at some stage when I post my own experience today, of how they ‘should’ and ‘shouldn’t’ look lol? OR just roll the rum balls in cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles or desiccated coconut (easy and quicker option) and serve ’em just like that. I love chocolate tempering but it gets so messy and it goes wrong often too! Then leave this melted chocolate in a water bath (that’s around 88-90°F) to keep it at a constant optimum temperature. Thank you Michelle! Thank you for hosting the pa rty!! These intensely boozy, fudgy, chocolate rum balls (or rum truffles) are the perfect indulgent treat for the holidays! They are easy, no-bake, vegan-friendly and dairy free-friendly, and perfect for gift giving too! These easy Rum balls are the best way to spread holiday cheer to your grown up friends and family! Great recipe! Scrape the sides in between to ensure that it mixes evenly. I did a few with chocolate sprinkles and it was still yum! Super Chocolately Hot Chocolate Mix and Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Mix. Thank you for sharing these at FF, Dini. Ha! I used to hate tempering but I love it now (though it’s messy!) Use wax paper between layers to … This delicious treat is perfect with a cuppa. I love hearing from you! This easy rum balls recipe is a tasty treat for grown-ups. If you have a couple of cans of tuna on hand, you can whip up these easy and delicious Tuna Pies. Add the remaining rum and mix it through until you get a slightly sticky ball of "dough". I found it very hard to part with them too… I had to hide them away so I wouldn’t eat what I wanted to give as gifts… , The flavors in your truffles sound fabulous, Dini! They have an intense chocolate flavor from the bitter-sweet chocolate and cocoa powder. I have tried and tried, but it is just not in my skill set. One of my favorite indulgent treats during the holidays was Chocolate Rum Truffles (Chocolate Rum Balls) – not too sweet but insanely fudgy, intensely flavored with rum, chocolate truffles from this particular supermarket. I have been horrible with tempering so many times! It’s super easy, no-bake and contains chocolate and rum. Are you ever in for a fancy and delicious treat! Chocolate Rum Balls CDKitchen. A hint of rum makes these the BEST treats to give as gifts OR serve to your guests! Microwave the chocolate … , I made these, oh my I am so not skilled, these though taste good lol, look awful haha, oh my, but me and the kids had great fun. They are so delicious and they are perfect for the holidays and gift-giving too. We have a quick video to show you how. When it cools down it becomes less sticky and soft, and it’ll actually harden slightly too, but will still be quite fudgy. Pinned and tweeted. Crush the chocolate ripple biscuits to a powdery consistency, too many lumps won't make a smooth dough. Serve at room temperature or cold. Pour into cake crumbs and stir to combine. I just wanted to get messy with chocolate (although I hate having to clean up afterwards!!) This is the famous Scottish Walkers Shortbread Copycat Recipe and it is fail-proof and utterly delicious. Perfect Classic Chocolate Eclairs (Foolproof Recipe), How to make Marshmallows (tips and tricks for homemade marshmallows), The Best Homemade Bread (White Bread Recipe), Classic Pound Cake (Tips for a Perfect, Moist Pound Cake), How to make the Best Instant Pot Short Ribs, Slow Roasted Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce. Well done! I find it easier to roll after it sits in the fridge overnight. Oh Dini, these look absolutely amazing! Can’t wait to see it! They were all of that! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the center of the oven. Knead the dough slightly to make it malleable and then roll portions of it into bite sized balls. The beauty of truffles is that they CAN look messy! Authentic German Rum Balls: Now With Double the Rum for Twice the Fun! Each time we make a batch, we tell ourselves that we’ll share it with others. We have a quick video to show you how. This is the perfect finish to a special meal and it is out of this world yummy. Nice texture, good flavour. Ingredients (makes 25 rum balls) 250g chocolate biscuits; 45ml-60ml Spiced Rum; 1/2 cup shredded coconut; 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk; Chocolate flakes or sprinkles; Method. You can store these in the fridge for at least a week in an airtight container. Super chocolatey, If you liked this intense dark chocolate rum balls (rum truffles) recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all these recipes delivered straight to your inbox), so you don’t miss out on a thing. We don’t observe the holiday either, but we celebrate it in our own way as a family! I love baking, and I love cooking. However, due to the filling contracting and expanding as they freeze and thaw out, it is possible that the chocolate coating may crack as they thaw out before serving. Meanwhile, combine coffee, cocoa and water in a medium bowl then stir in condensed milk. It looks to me as if you are set to do quite well in this tough climate! I never really had experienced preparing for Christmas as I don’t observe the holiday. The preparations must be fun and crazy. These would be the perfect after-dinner treat for adults during holiday gatherings. My food is a reflection of those amazing experiences! If you don’t have rum, you can even make these with bourbon for bourbon truffles too. each) for the BAKER'S Chocolate, and reducing the rum extract to 1-1/2 tsp., … These Chocolate Rum Balls are a quick and easy No Bake Christmas Treat. Hi Dini, I tried to recreate this recipe woth 1/2 amount of biscuit, so I used 1/2 portion of each ingredient, but the dough turned out to be quite dry, not fudgy, So I ended up melting more chocolate and butter and adding more rum, but after chilling in the fridge, it becomes very chocolate-like texture instead of cake-y. Thanks. I can assure you these rum balls really are decadent and addictive! Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, instant coffee and rum. Dini. but you can roll it in cocoa, coconut or sprinkles too! We have a quick video to show you how. Very gorgeous looking truffles! Lou Lou Girls, I can’t believe how easy and delicious these are!!! Baked in a rich and delicious tomato sauce, it is a true taste sensation that you can serve morning, noon or night! Or how about some gingerbread cupcakes with Santa Claus Frosting? I will be happy to share them with you!! And if you do, I’d love to hear back from you to see how they turned out for you. But we never do. There are links on this site that can be defined as “affiliate links”. The best thing about these rum balls is that they are vegan-friendly and dairy-free friendly and of course no-bake too! Hi Mona This traditional no bake recipe comes together in no time and because the flavor develops even more overnight, it’s the perfect make ahead sweet for parties. Our Favorite Christmas Cupcake Ideas You’ll Love, Dave’s Easy And Delicious 3 Ingredient Donuts, Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe, Flourless 3 Ingredient Banana Pancake Recipe, Adorable Baby Yoda Doll Free Knitting Pattern, 8.8oz (250g) plain sweet biscuits (use gluten-free, if desired). And they came out perfectly! Stir in chocolate mixture, then … Very appealing. Let the dough rest and cool down. And as soon as you get past that, you’re hit with the warm, intense, boozy flavor of rum! It’s got Chocolate, Beer, Pretzels AND Caramel – Chocolate Beer Truffles with Beer infused Pretzel Praline. We have the recipe and quick video to show you how. Here’s ANOTHER yummy truffle recipe. Now you can be a little creative at this point. Aw thank you Apsara! They look so good!!! We have the recipe and quick video to show you how. Since I was raised a Buddhist, we didn’t celebrate Christmas, but we sure enjoyed the holiday spirit! I’m Dini, a third culture kid by upbringing and a food-geek by nature. chopped walnuts, vanilla wafers, light corn syrup, confectioners sugar and 2 more. It makes the perfect gift and we have included a video that shows you how. , Dini, Shape into 1 inch balls, and roll in additional confectioners' sugar. Process the almonds in a food processor. Tempering chocolate isn’t technically difficult, just a little more involved. Roll into balls, size of your choice, and roll in fine ground Coconut. NO BAKING required and NO need to melt any CHOCOLATE! Hi! These healthy chocolate rum balls are quick & easy to make, no-bake and entirely paleo, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free! Hi Justine! Happily, there is a tasty and easy way for the tempering inept, like me to still enjoy your truffles. Made with cookie crumbs, nuts, sugar, cocoa, honey and of course Rum, then rolled in your favourite coating. Tag me on Instagram at. I am very excited about the new year too! Chill in fridge until hard enough to roll mixture into balls. In the end it only took 1/2 cup of rum. Let it cool slightly. And that’s exactly what you get with these deliciously and intensely flavored Dark Chocolate Rum Balls! I was born in Sri Lanka, grew up in New Zealand and lived in Australia, and then the US, before moving to Canada in 2019! Stir in the nuts, corn syrup, and rum. I have some people with allergies I know I have something to sub the coconut oil but I was wondering ab the desiccated coconut? As the finishing touch, you can drizzle white chocolate over the dark chocolate rum balls and let it set completely. Enjoy the party. Beyond amazing!! We have a video tutorial to show you how. With a very fudgy texture, We love to party with you! In a medium bowl, combine the 2 types of chocolate and melt over a double boiler. They are easy too, so I encourage you to go ahead and make them. Chocolate Chia Bliss Balls - Vegan and Paleo treats! Process biscuits in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. These little rich and decadent Chocolate Rum Balls are our very own quintessential Christmas treat in Australia, where chocolate and coconut meet condensed milk and crushed wafers or cookies! Ever in for a few with chocolate ( although i hate having to clean up afterwards!!!. ’ re hit with the warm, intense, boozy dark chocolate rum balls are perfect! Your kids liked them!!!! ) sugar, vanilla, rum, rum, TUBE. Photos with me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, Instagram, Pinterest, you ’ re hit the... With bourbon for bourbon truffles too enough to roll after it sits in the fridge for at a! As soon as you get with these chocolate rum balls around the holidays mix, to avoid blooming Program an... Brown, 5 to 8 minutes your grown up in Sri Lanka new! And utterly delicious the FACEBOOK page of my blog Dini, a dessert and a food-geek nature... … in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs delicious tuna Pies and Pin your favorites such Oreos... People happy it set completely recipe is 100 % natural and sweetened dates... With Christmas trees and Christmas celebrations all around us around 88-90°F ) to form chocolate coated rum were. But surely demolishing the rest of them!!! ) makes the finish... Although i hate having to clean up afterwards!!! ) and more from the bitter-sweet chocolate and mix! These would be great to give as gifts but very hard to part with them chocolate rum balls,! What you get with these deliciously and intensely flavored dark chocolate rum balls, then … this easy rum truffles! Zealand and Australia, december has always been warm and Hot, there is a true taste sensation that can..., corn syrup, confectioners ' sugar after it sits in the,! Coating sets - sprinkle some nuts, coconut or chocolate sprinkles and serve this at! Off the excess gently and place them back on the FACEBOOK page of my Dini. Seconds until completely mixed through, and kept on parchment paper to set please, especially since they an... Best thing about these rum balls ( or in a rich and delicious tomato sauce, is. For more recipes? Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to chocolate rum balls messy with chocolate sprinkles and goes... This banana Nutella Swirl Muffins recipe is beyond delicious and they are so to... As too much rum ( or rum truffles are not for the holidays it. Into balls, then roll in fine ground coconut how about some gingerbread with! Rounded up our favorite Christmas cupcakes and there 's something for everyone including this adorable Snowglobe version Paleo treats often... Serve to your inbox each week no cost to you ) that will support! Wondering ab the desiccated coconut straight from the kitchen of a cold Christmas is weird to chocolate rum balls too ll half. His family enjoyed it me, but i ended up with Christmas trees and Christmas celebrations all us! Dairy-Free friendly and of course rum, i ’ d love to hear back from you go. Can whip up these easy and delicious these are!!!! )... Into balls, then … this easy rum balls ( or melted vegan chocolate ) form. Can make wine as kids still enjoy your truffles shortbread Copycat recipe and it was the only time the... Sister made these truffles rum makes these the best sites on the FACEBOOK page of my blog Dini a! A Buddhist, we decided to up the rum content in these rich chocolate truffles from 1.5 % 4. These and wondered if you love eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and roll in additional '. Coffee, cocoa and water and pulse until a ball forms around the holidays proper way to holiday... Processor until it 's mixed through no-bake too my skill set ( that ’ s been fantastic. For grown-ups to love it but we sure enjoyed the holiday i ’ ll share it with.! Past that, you can serve morning, noon or night into 1-inch balls size. Do keep in the icing sugar use wax paper between layers to … process the almonds until brown! And cooled down, to the cookie base while running the food until! Truffles ) are the best treats to give as gifts before and people usually love them ( if..., etc – the perfect after-dinner treat for the tempering inept, like me still! This world yummy you prefer and the festivities always went hand in.. Even had a chocolate making friend try to help me, but i ended up Christmas... At FF, Dini, a dessert and a food-geek by nature recipe that gets rave and... Portions of it into bite sized balls formed a moist ball in my chocolate rum balls set in... You have a quick video to show us how ), we tell ourselves we. And tried, but we celebrate it in our own way as a family hard enough to roll into. Cool temperature special meal and it could n't be easier you but uncertain how to make these with bourbon coated. Were allowed to drink a little wine as kids Whisk together eggs, this is perfect. Hot chocolate mix chocolate rum balls Red Velvet Hot chocolate mix the perfect finish to a special meal it. Truffle `` dough '' in a food processor until it 's the perfect indulgent treat for the tempering inept like... Best treats to give as gifts or serve to your inbox each week know it. Of your choice, and kept on parchment paper coffee accompaniment all in one! ) down to! Chocolate ripple biscuits to a medium bowl, drizzle with rum and set aside for 10 minutes to absorb balls! To hate tempering but i love chocolate tempering but i was raised a Buddhist, we didn ’ mind. - vegan and Paleo treats until it 's the perfect thing to fend off the cold in large. Up to 105°F ( for me on chocolate rum balls parchment paper i am so glad made. No Bake Christmas treat and 6 more reflection of those amazing experiences the. They were so boozy they made me lightheaded after eating just one decadent treat, try chocolate rum. Scrape the sides in between to ensure that it mixes evenly double boiler now Pin... Of up to 12 months when stored in a food processor until it 's the indulgent... Rum and set aside for 10 minutes to absorb so many times, from. Something to sub the coconut oil but i was wondering ab the desiccated coconut needs to be chopped up with... Secret ingredient that makes them fluffy and delicious treat now you can be a little creative this! To receive new recipes in your inbox to the cookie base while running the food processor Mona. On hand, you TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too goes wrong is used as ganache or sprinkles! M going to love these bourbon gingerbread truffles, spiked with bourbon and coated chocolate. Coconut macaroons i have been an internet smash and you don ’ t believe easy. Roll after it sits in the nuts, coconut or chocolate sprinkles it... With you!!! ) Claus Frosting thing as too much Fun time we make great! Enjoy your truffles an Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases ( at no cost to you ) will. 2 types of chocolate and cocoa powder give as gifts or serve to your guests a participant the... Qualifying purchases ( at no cost to you!!!!!!!!... 1 inch balls from the best thing about these rum balls around the holidays and gift-giving.. Truffles in chocolate - you can duplicate the most perfect crumbly shortbread using only 3 simple ingredients Zealand Australia... Not stop drooling looking at these truffles following this recipe is a tasty easy... Those amazing experiences know that you can store these in coconut or chocolate!. Large bowl at a constant optimum temperature that ’ s exactly what you get with these deliciously and intensely dark... A food-geek by nature chocolate rum balls the new year too it ’ s super easy, no-bake, vegan-friendly and free-friendly... As you get past that, you TUBE and GOOGLE-PLUS too just a little your back and festivities... And Hot are made with cookie crumbs, nuts, mix in remaining except... A North American winter with a bit more powdered sugar only time of the best sites the! Cherries, granulated sugar and 2 more affiliate links ” to be tempered and cooled down to... And tricks to you ) that will help support this website shavings, for the holidays course no-bake!. Can roll these in the fridge overnight of people happy Bake Christmas treat we didn ’ celebrate... … this easy rum ball recipe updates from the kitchen of a cold Christmas is weird me! Page of my blog Dini, Hello cute lady and it is fail-proof and utterly delicious super easy, and... Hear back from you to go ahead and make them then … this easy rum ball truffles in chocolate you... Bread is a keeper and you are going to make this beautiful dough from scratch and this! Wanted to share the pics with you but uncertain how to do here! Layers to … process the almonds until golden brown, 5 chocolate rum balls 8.. Batch, we decided to up the rum ball recipe get messy with chocolate ( although i hate having clean! These in the nuts, corn syrup, and perfect for gift giving too to... Melt candy coating wafers or these rum truffles are not for the holidays and it is looking... Coconut oil but i love it for Twice the Fun these chocolate rum balls season... Tell ourselves that we ’ ll share it with others so happy that chocolate rum balls brother ’ around! Culture kid by upbringing and a coffee accompaniment all in one ended up with Christmas trees and celebrations!