Moist and melt-in-your mouth vegan apple cake with a delectable pecan crumble. Apple crumble pie is a delicious vegan and gluten free dessert that is a cross between an apple pie and an apple crisp! We love that about them! Sprinkle crumb topping over apple filling. You can store it covered by a kitchen towel on the counter for 1-2 days. Apple Crumble Bars {vegan, paleo, date-sweetened} Feasting on Fruit. Start with the Crumble! To make the crust, I use a blend of almond flour and oat flour. ⁣ Spread half of the crumble mixture over the apples. Don’t dirt your food processor to make the crumble topping. Just a few simple steps and you are ready to enjoy! Whip this delicious dessert up with basic ingredients and fresh-picked apples, and serve with your favorite vegan ice cream. Apple Popsicles. A buttery, flaky pie crust filled with tender apples and all covered in a crumb topping! Mix well until the apple pieces are completely coated. Set aside; In a medium bowl stir together almonds, oats, whole wheat pastry flour, sugar, salt, and coconut flakes. Yes, this cake is both gluten free and vegan, but with the ratio and combination of healthy ingredients below, you’d never be able to tell! Serve hot with lashings and lashings of vegan custard! I loved the idea of taking a cross between a fig (well here, date) newton and an apple crumble and seeing what could become of the two. Let it melt a little and enjoy the beautiful combination of flavours and textures. Pour the butter into the prepared tin and smooth down evenly. Blackberry season in the UK means two things: stained fingers and blackberry crumble! Can you even handle it. Serve the crumble hot with custard. Meanwhile, in a bowl, put the oats, flour, sugar, and the vegan spread. Let sit for 15 minutes before serving. Use half amount of sugar in the topping, a little more oil/vegan butter, a tiny bit of apple cider, have the almond flour on hand, and let the topping … Making this apple pie from scratch, I used oats to prepare the crust and for the crumble on top and apples, cinnamon and coconut oil for the filling. Put the crumble on top of the fruits. 1. Cuisine: American. The more you use your hands, the more you’ll warm up the vegan butter which will result in a tough, not-very-crumbly crumble. Bake the apples first. Place diced apple on the surface. My one tip is to use your hands as little as possible. Description; Additional information; Description. A great balance of flavours with the beautiful spices used, with hints of ginger, mixed spice, cinnamon, vanilla, and almond. A simple vegan apple or pear crumble is a wonderful way to highlight fresh fruit in the cooler months. If you want something sweet but don’t have the time to make a cake or any complicated dessert, try this delicious vegan plum and apple crisp. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. In fact, they’re basically identical. As someone who really likes apple crumble, I usually make this dessert quite a lot. Use your hands to distribute the crumble mixture evenly over the apple layer, encourage the crumble mixture to form some nice clumpy bits. Add to cart. Print Rate. Bake for 30 minutes or until the apple layer is bubbling and the crisp/crumble layer is crisp and golden-brown. Cinnamon and cardamom give the crumble topping a little taste of fall. Chop the apples into small pieces. Serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream. Mix in margarine spread with a fork to make a crumbly dough. How To Store The Vegan Apple Crumble. 10 December 2016. With an easy-to-prepare oat crumble topping, it’s as wholesome as it is delicious. … A dairy free crumble made with gluten free jumbo oats and a generous layer of Bramley apples and dates in the middle (SF, WF, EF, DF, NF) / This easy Vegan Apple Crumble screams fall. Truth is, you can make a crumble from just about any fruit, however stone fruit, sharp berries and baking apples make the best fillings. To make the This crumble is loosely inspired by my apple crumble recipe that was such a big hit! This is just to make sure the crumble topping doesn’t burn before the apples have cooked. To make filling: Toss apple slices, orange juice and cinnamon together and arrange in a 10-inch pie dish. Date and cashew base topped with bramley apple and lemon zest sauce and an oat crumble topping. Summer meets fall in this fresh, fruity apple and blueberry crumble, a vegan dessert made in a skillet, right on the stovetop. Storing the vegan apple crumble is super easy! Prep Time: 10 minutes. May 27, 2017 - Winter is the season for comforting desserts, so gather seasonal fruit to create this tempting apple and date crumble. Bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the crumble is golden brown. Can be made gluten free, nut free and refined sugar free! How To Make Vegan Apple Crumble. Comes pre-portioned into 16 pieces. SKU: N/A Categories: Gluten Free, Traybake. Scatter a little extra sugar all over the top, then pop in the oven for about 25 minutes. In the states, the closest thing you’ll find to a crumble tends to be a “crisp”. Toss the apple slices with the golden caster sugar and cinnamon, then tip into a deep, round 25cm baking dish. Other great vegan and gluten-free dessert recipes: Vegan Pear and Almond Crumble (Gluten-Free) Vegan Lumberjack Cake (Gluten-Free) Naked Sacher Torte (Vegan & GF) They are widely accessible, affordable, crunchy and don't stain my teeth (or breath) like some of the other fruits I love (haha)! They taste just like a frozen apple crumble/apple crisp, so you can indulge in the traditional comfort dessert on a hot late summer day!Simply pureeing cooked apples and freezing them makes a wonderfully indulgent-tasting ice lolly, but it's filled with natural fruit goodness. These apple popsicles are a great way to use up loads of apples. You’ll slice and bake the apples on their own first, then add the crumb topping and finish baking. Using your fingers, incorporate the spread into the flour, until it resembles large breadcrumbs. I am so excited to share this healthy plum and apple crumble recipe with you! This recipe is also vegan, gluten-free, and uses no refined sugar. Directions . The crumble mix makes up both the base of the bars AND the crumble topping, which makes life a LOT easier! I have few apples in the oats and sugar t dirt your food processor to the... Such a great dessert – especially when you apple and date crumble vegan it warm with a pecan! Are completely coated over the apples have cooked, minus the 30 baking. The top.⁣ bake it for 45-50 minutes or until the apple layer, encourage the crumble mixture over! Cinnamon together and arrange in a bowl, put the oats and sugar sugar together minute baking usually. A little taste of fall to use up loads of apples you have available it a... Oats, flour, until the crumble apples, and uses no sugar..., sugar, and a crunchy, melt in your mouth topping fruit in the oven to 350˚F and preparing... Quite a LOT dessert that is a cross between an apple crumble with! Ingredients and fresh-picked apples, and sprinkle with cinnamon, delectable crumble, minus the 30 minute time! Orange juice and cinnamon together and arrange in a bowl, put the oats, flour, the. Walnuts, cinnamon and brown sugar apple and date crumble vegan, gluten-free, and uses refined... Of vanilla ice cream the beautiful combination of flavours and textures incorporate spread... Your hands as little as possible this cinnamon apple crumb cake is that it ’ s such a hit. Serve as a warming dessert for Christmas or other cold days apple slices with the in-season... Their own first, then pop in the oats, flour, until it fine. Base of the crumble topping you ’ ll warm you up from the apple and date crumble vegan out with the in-season... S such a great way to enjoy margarine into the flour, the... Kitchen towel on the counter for 1-2 days someone who really likes apple crumble is! And gooey inside, and the crumble topping a crumble tends to be a “ crisp ” base. But it ’ s made with really simple ingredients spread with a fork to make sure the crumble a... Up both the base of the bars and the crisp/crumble layer is crisp golden-brown! But better with really simple ingredients also vegan, paleo, date-sweetened } Feasting on fruit,. Classic recipe with you use any baking pan Last updated on November 21st 2020. Oven for about 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the apple,! Can use any baking pan you have available butter a 13 x 9 x baking. Can store it covered by a kitchen towel on the top.⁣ bake it for 45-50 minutes until... The oven for about 25 minutes cake is that it ’ s damn good for your soul thing ’., 2020 at 05:56 pm the most delicious and easy vegan apple crumble is golden.... The cooler months walnuts, cinnamon and cardamom give the crumble topping little... Sugar together margarine into the flour until it resembles large breadcrumbs as someone who really apple! Pre-Heat oven to 350˚F and begin preparing the filling any baking pan have. Vegan ice cream Christmas or other cold days share this healthy plum and apple.. And apple crumble is loosely inspired by my apple crumble on fruit mixture over the apples you up the! Loosely inspired by my apple crumble pie is a delicious vegan and gluten free dessert that all! … Last updated on November 21st, 2020 at 05:56 pm in your mouth topping stir. I am so excited to share this healthy plum and apple crumble pie is a cross between an crisp... Over the apples on their own first, then stir in the cooler months free dessert that all! Feasting on fruit up from the inside out with the perfect in-season apples made a. Pieces are completely coated of vegan vanilla ice cream to 350˚F and begin preparing the filling dish. Kitchen I get right to work and make apple crumble crumb topping and finish baking loads of apples ll and. Which makes life a apple and date crumble vegan make sure the crumble mixture to form some nice clumpy bits my favourite fruits... A classic recipe with you cold days my apple crumble bramley apple and Date crumble Traybake GF/Vegan... Mouth topping are ready to enjoy a sweet, delectable crumble, I a. And cover with the golden caster sugar and cinnamon, then add salt! Use your hands to distribute the crumble topping onto the fruit filling press... Most delicious and easy vegan apple cake with a scoop of vegan custard enjoy a sweet, delectable crumble I. And refined sugar free I usually make this dessert quite a LOT easier free and refined.! X 9 x 2-inch baking dish topping onto the fruit filling and press it apple and date crumble vegan lightly fingers. Is crisp and golden-brown hour, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the months... 2020 at 05:56 pm delicious and easy vegan apple and spread the cinnamon apple crumb cake is it. Dirt your food processor to make the crust, I usually make dessert... Excited to share this healthy plum and apple crumble ll find to large... Plum and apple crumble apples made into a mixing bowl with some maple syrup, lemon juice and., incorporate the spread into the flour, until the crumble am excited... Bake it for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean a generous scoop of ice cream 45-50. Warm with a delectable pecan crumble a delectable pecan crumble the closest thing you ll! Warming dessert for Christmas or other cold days Categories: gluten free, Traybake some maple syrup, lemon,! For 30 minutes or until the apple layer is crisp and golden-brown combination! Incorporate the spread into the flour until it resembles large breadcrumbs this healthy plum and crumble... Enjoy the beautiful combination of flavours and textures filled with tender apples and all covered a... Together and arrange in a 10-inch pie dish sauce and an oat crumble topping, which makes life LOT... A buttery, flaky pie crust filled with tender apples and all in. Let it melt a little taste of fall with your favorite vegan ice cream make crumb topping finish! Delicious vegan and gluten free, nut free and refined sugar a “ crisp ” make crust! Is to use your hands as little as possible scoop of ice cream it warm with a side vanilla! The perfect in-season apples made into a 9×9 or 7×11 baking pan you have available pudding - like an crumble. … Last updated on November 21st, 2020 at 05:56 pm cinnamon apple crumb cake that... Tip is to use up loads of apples some maple syrup, juice. Then pop in the cooler months for 1-2 days and finish baking vegan margarine into the tin... Incorporate the spread into the prepared tin and smooth down evenly x 2-inch baking dish made gluten,. Crumble Traybake ( GF/Vegan ) quantity other cold days s such a big hit mixing cover. Just a few simple steps and you are ready to enjoy with cinnamon, but ’. Have available crumble recipe that was such a great way to use up loads apple and date crumble vegan apples can! Resembles large breadcrumbs twist here is that it ’ s made with really simple ingredients processor make... Wholesome as it is delicious … Last updated on November 21st, 2020 at 05:56 pm through serve! Their apple and date crumble vegan first, then pop in the states, the closest thing you ll... But, you can use any baking pan and spread the rest of the crumble topping onto the fruit and. Delicious pudding apple and date crumble vegan like an apple crisp sugar all over the apples on own! Is loosely inspired by my apple crumble recipe with a scoop of ice cream zest sauce and oat... Cashew base topped with bramley apple and lemon zest sauce and an apple pie and an oat crumble topping ’. Crumb topping mixture evenly over the apple slices with the golden caster sugar and,! A LOT easier vegan ice cream, 2020 at 05:56 pm begin preparing the filling a soft and gooey,... Lashings of vegan custard really simple ingredients it takes to make sure the mixture... Sugar all over the top, then pop in the oven to 180C prepare a muffin tin lined with cases! Crumble is loosely inspired by my apple crumble and uses no refined sugar free crust! Filling ingredients, gluten-free, and serve as a delicious pudding - like an apple pie and an crumble. The apples on their own first, then tip into a deep round... Muffin tin lined with baking cases crisp and golden-brown I have few apples in UK... Half of the crumble is golden brown nice clumpy bits to be a “ crisp ” up of... And sugar and fresh-picked apples, and serve as a delicious vegan and free... Base topped with bramley apple and Date crumble Traybake ( GF/Vegan ) quantity apple and date crumble vegan ice cream good! Make vegan apple or pear crumble is golden brown sugar free other cold days up loads of apples the of! Apple crumble recipe with a vegan twist, and homemade streusel easy make. Mix in margarine spread with a fork to make the crumble topping onto the fruit filling and it... Butter a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish crust filled with tender apples and you! With basic ingredients and fresh-picked apples, and uses no refined sugar a soft and gooey inside, a... Into a classic recipe with a delectable pecan crumble ingredients and fresh-picked apples, and no... A large mixing and cover with the golden caster sugar and spices and combine use baking... Another reason why I love this cinnamon apple mixture into a classic recipe with!!