Apogee Duet. RME BabyFace Pro. Apogee Quartet. I have the Duet now (v2), and I have to say, the software is buggy, and I find myself having to unplug/replug the interface sometimes. Show Printable Version; Email this Page… 2nd February 2016 #1. carlucci0753. Apogee Duet 2 Shop now at Amazon. Despite these differences, there are still some more notable ones: the output count, the software that comes with it, and full DAW integration. Apollo Twin + Pre-amp vs. Apogee Quartet. Apogee Duet 2. Thus we will be breaking down the features of the Apogee Symphony Desktop vs UAD Apollo Twin X. Firstly, the Apollo is already out while the Symphony Desktop won’t hit shelves until later this year. categories: Music Production, Pro Tools, Recording, Interface, Advice. They could be making more money by adding it for just half the price and snagging more customers. Blackface Apollo 8 vs Apogee Ensemble. Re: Apogee Quartet vs UA Apollo Twin Hope I'm not throwing useless information (or opinion) into what I think is a thoughtful discussion on the options available today for audio production. The difference between the resolution in the high highs is staggering. Has anyone compared the converters on these units, how does the new Apollo x16 stack up against the Symphony mk2? He swears it’s right there with them. With ultra-low latency performance, comprehensive studio functionality and legendary Apogee quality, Ensemble is the ideal choice to meet the diverse demands of the professional home or commercial studio. Consequently, you can switch between a more British tone or an iconic American sound. No, X16- higher quality converters, but to what extent is subjective. Comparison of Apogee Duet 2 and Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo based on specifications, reviews and ratings. Symphony Desktop Now Available! Now, there are some key differences between the two and in this post I’ll try to lay out these differences as best I can … Audient iD14 vs Apollo Twin MKII (Solo, Duo, Quad) Read More » The converters are cleaner, and have a lot more depth. Apogee Quartet. $7000 Apogee VS. $300 Tascam Audio Recording Interface Shootout - Duration: ... From Apogee Duet to Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII UAD - Duration: 5:43. Apogee Quartet. Ensemble Thunderbolt™ is the best sounding all-in-one audio recording interface for Mac. Black Face is an improvement over the Silver, so I'd expect it somewhere between. Apogee Duet 2 vs Universal Audio Apollo Duo. 26th November 2018 #3. LinkBack URL; About LinkBacks ; Bookmark & Share; Digg this Thread! Audio Shootout Between The PreSonus Studio 192, UA Apollo Twin And Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt The new PreSonus Studio 192 interface is already getting a lot of fans, it offers a lot of great features, Studio One integration and DSP power to give a great integrated 'zero latency' tracking experience. RME BabyFace Pro. The Apollo Twin X comes with some plugins emulating said hardware including (but not limited to) the LA2A, 1176, and Pultec Pro EQs. I recently retired my mod'd Project Mix I/O and replaced it with an Antelope Audio Zen-Studio and am really happy with it, so far. That's about the best I can offer at this point. The market for home recording studios or small studios is simply overflown with options of gear in an affordable range that can yield professional sounding records – if driven by the right hands. However, more often than not, I’ve found myself making decisions based on price. Indeed. Great article. Apogee Quartet. The x16's low end is substantially fuller and smoother than the symphony and the entire top end is better balanced, detailed and resolved. If you’re looking for more options to route audio then the Symphony Desktop might be a better option as it comes with 14 output channels compared to the Apollo’s six. Apogee Quartet. I need your help in choosing the UAD Apollo Twin or the SSL 2+. Furthermore, the two interfaces are still pretty similar but with some differences that could sway you either way. The reviewers were Gearbox founder/producer Darrel Sheinman, Grammy-nominated producer/engineer Michael Angelo, Gearbox mastering engineer Caspar Sutton-Jones and composer Dru Masters. As I said before, both devices are very similar when it comes to hardware. 1. Focusrite Scarlett 18i8. As I said before, both devices are very similar when it comes to hardware. Appreciated but this isnt one of those agree to disagree cases. Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:37 pm BTW, you can use Direct Monitoring with the Elements to track while monitoring through or recording through your favorite plug-ins without adding latency, including the UAD ones. Had them with two18, one18, Pmc, and Adams s3xh... the twin mk2 has never been near the quality of dangerous music’s DA. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Vs Apogee Duet; Audio Interface. Glad to see this thread. System Requirements. So Universal Audio Apollo Twin tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than Apogee One Mac, as seen on the chart below. The Thunderbolt version is a significant qualitative step increase vs the Firewire version. By Lulu German in forum Apollo and Arrow Interfaces Replies: 37 Last Post: 23rd September 2015, 09:04 AM. After exhaustive research, I’m between the Apogee Element 24 and the new UA Apollo Twin MkII Quad. Apogee vs. Apoapsis. Apogee Symphony vs Apollo 8p; Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last. Happy hunting! Lol. Apogee Quartet. Apollo 16 has better DA than Apollo 8p, BTW. Interface question: UA Apollo Twin X Quad VS Apogee Symphony Desktop I recently asked elsewhere about different pieces of gear I’m looking at for my home studio setup, and briefly settled on the Symphony Desktop ( although I also briefly settled on the Duet, but fell in love with the idea of being able to use onboard DSP with plugins for live streaming smaller solo gigs). Connection: Any available Thunderbolt port on a Mac Apogee Quartet vs Universal Audio Apollo Quad. I'm looking at replacing 44 vsl possibly. I’d get one with the unison preamps though, I have a twin mk2 right here and a dangerous source. So, which one for you! Despite being an emulation of classic pieces of hardware, they are still very versatile in the modern production landscape. Apollo X16. Apogee Quartet. Apogee Quartet. The Apogee Ensemble included in the Shootout features Apogee A-D/D-A conversion, eight Advanced Stepped Gain™ mic preamps, monitor controller capability including talkback, front panel instrument inputs, two headphone outputs and digital connectivity for a total of 30 x 34 I/O. - updated comparative description of Apogee airfoils vs "big glider" airfoils. We can go back and forth over and over.. for what? If you're looking for high-quality converters for summing and have the $, I would go with Aurora(n) or Symphony mk2, the sound quality IMO is a just a little more HIFI. Apogee Ensemble vs. Apollo. Apogee Quartet. While each company offers up a good option, one might suit you better than the other. Apogee Duet 2 Shop now at Amazon Universal Audio Apollo Duo Shop now at Amazon. I’m struggling to decide between these two and hope for the guidance of Logic … I do have an Apollo Twin which you Daisy-Chain so I can still take advantage of the Unison Mic Pre there, although, it's nowhere close compared to the conversion quality on the x16 which has the best converts UAD has released to date. If you're summing, I've found the real weak link in the chain is your final AD converter. In this video, Robert compares the Apogee ONE and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Okay, spend the money. Thread starter TravisE; Start date Nov 12, 2018; TravisE. I have always been astonished with the sound of the symphony 1&2 and in any comparison I had done in the past either unit destroyed the competition. The Apollo Twin X Duo comes in at $899.00 while the Quad is $1,399.00. They should put out an option to get pres with DA... they are entirely two seperate workflows. However, both programs are Mac exclusive, so if you’re a PC user you’ll care more about the plugins that actually come with the hardware. RME Fireface UC. Just a friendly reminder that political discussion, (including "offhand" and 'sideways' commenting) is. If you're mixing records for the radio? Apogee. I was using a convolution in the motu, which sounded added on. I for one wouldn’t buy monitors over a grand and run them on a twin DA. Universal Audio Apollo Quad. Apogee Quartet. I am aware that the conversion quality is supposed to have better numbers in the Symphony. Apogee Ensemble Universal Audio Apollo Quad; D/A audio: 24 bit / 192 kHz: 24 bit / 192 kHz: Noise level (SNR) N/A. I was wondering if you think apogee or rme or apollo are up to par with Presonus interfaces for studio one. My salesman told me here heard the Apollo X16 up against the Symphony & Antelope. Symphony Desktop Now Available! In short, being a producer myself, I know I have spent countless hours determining which details mattered the most to me when it came to buying hardware. The new Apollo X interfaces offer more DSP grunt, Thunderbolt 3 connectivity, even better audio specs and additional functionality, and to cap it off, UA have added a completely new model to the family. Flagship Sound Quality. They're exceptional converters. You need an account to post a reply. iZotope Neoverb uses AI-assisted processing to deliver high-quality, custom reverbs for a variety of situations. The difference is not negligible at all. The Apollo Twin TB has been discussed here many times. All things considered, you can’t go wrong with either interface. RME Fireface UC. Hi guys, I'm putting out a new record later this month and am making the switch from MainStage to Ableton for live performances. - added "Shaping data for AG03" pdf files. Apogee Ensemble. On the other hand, the Apollo Twin is fully integrable with UAD’s own DAW: LUNA Recording System. Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt Coming this month! Hence my statement, if you care only about the conversation the X16 maybe well rounded, but as you are paying for sharc chips, and buit in preamp, you are sacrificing conversion quality, and it shows. tags: Pro Tools 2020, Interface, DSP, AAX DSP, Apollo, Apogee, Pro Tools Carbon. Apogee Duet 2. UA Audio Interfaces let you record through the full library of award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size, and without taxing your host computer’s CPU. The standalone hardware just comes with these native plugins but for an extra $100 you can have the Apogee FX rack bundle, thus adding five more Apogee plugins. I’m glad I bought it. Both the Audient iD14 and the Apollo Twin MKII (Solo, Duo, Quad models) interfaces are considered some of the best, or even THE best audio interfaces for home studios out there. LEARN MORE ABOUT APOGEE Defining the Art of Digital Audio Since 1985 ABOUT APOGEE Defining the Art of Digital Audio Since 1985 Since 1985, Apogee has produced innovative, award-winning technology that powers many of the […] 1. Despite this, the Apogee Symphony Desktop boasts a slightly larger dynamic range (129dB) and mic preamp gain (75dB). Re: Apogee Quartet vs UA Apollo Twin Hope I'm not throwing useless information (or opinion) into what I think is a thoughtful discussion on the options available today for audio production. Click here to login, The ability to reply to and create new discussions, Access to members-only giveaways & competitions, Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As, Access to members-only sub forum discussions, Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio, Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free. In addition, having any UAD hardware opens the door to all of their plugins. I’m glad I bought it. Flagship Sound Quality. As usual, Nate provided a detailed first hand perspective on the Ensemble Thunderbolt and I decided to make the switch. Apogee's own thunderbolt offering at the time (for Symphony) was stupidly expensive. Its touch screen display is sleek and more modern compared to Apollo’s more vintage approach. So yes this is an agree to disagree situation. Apogee offers a range of products including the Apogee Symphony, Apogee Quartet and others. That means they actually have less latency with native plugins than the Apollo has with UAD plugins. Blake Heart 15,708 views. The conversion is on another level. skinsdc Prenoob Joined: 30/12/2011 03:30:35 Messages: 54 Offline : Well, I've gone through with their 44 vsl interface. But being able to use the 140 and 250 verbs was a giant step up! But on a pure Conversion sonics comparison, the Apogee Mk2 smokes the Apollo. Vintage Preamp Emulation. Has anyone compared the converters on these units, how does the new Apollo x16 stack up against the Symphony mk2? This bundle includes three more EQs and two more compressors (one of them based on the LA3A). Apogee is an award-winning industry leader in digital recording technology with over 25 years of experience. I've used Live 10 Suite and Push 2 a bit on this record, so I'm familiar with the inner workings fairly well. This is years of having the Apollo 16, source and twin all at the same time. Despite this, the Apogee Symphony Desktop boasts a slightly larger dynamic range (129dB) and mic preamp gain (75dB). With no inserts at all, the Apollo is much smoother then then MOTU. February 26, 2020. Throwing in a dedicated AD can really open up another world. What's your summing chain? Re: Apogee Element 24 vs. UA Apollo Twin MkII Quad - Please Help! You can make great music with both, but for comfort the dangerous source is a lot clearer in the mids all the way down to the lows. Share Reply Quote. Interface Shootout 2 took place at Gearbox Records, a London-based record label with its own mastering studio and cutting facility. You’re not changing my mind and I’m not changing yours right? Read more. It was my single favorite piece of gear until I got the Apollo x16, but tbh I have a hard time believing anyone who had done a true A/B between the mk2 and the x16 could prefer the symphony. Guides » Comparison » Apogee Symphony Desktop vs UAD Apollo Twin X Comparison. Up and Comer Join … So Apogee One-Mac tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than Universal Audio Apollo 8p, as seen on the chart below. Immersive Touch Screen Interface. Subject: Apollo/RME/Apogee vs Presonus for Studio One Interface? So Universal Audio Apollo Twin tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than Apogee One Mac, as seen on the chart below. Apogee Symphony vs Apollo 8p. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. It’s pretty drastic. Let us just clarify, for the record, that are plenty of other options capable of delivering the results y… Many of us are a fan of a music genre or probably more because our taste can be different and not all of us will have the same opinion on music about which sounds better and which sounds not very suiting the ears. I'm a Berklee College of Music graduate, currently residing in LA with my dog and chinchilla. The Universal Audio Apollo x6 16 x 22 is a Thunderbolt 3 (but compatible with Thunderbolt 1 & 2 Macs – with a special adapter) audio interface, which coupled alongside it’s 6-core Hexa Core processors, means that it offers incredibly low (less than 2ms) latency and provides 50% more processing power than the previous Universal Audio Apollo units. Apogee Element 24 vs. UA Apollo Twin MkII Quad - Please Help! Apogee Quartet. I have used the Symphony 1 since 2010 until I got the Symphony 2 in 2016 and continued using it until late 2018. Messages 4,455. Very difficult to beat in terms of compactness, sound, plugins and so on. Apogee Duet 2. 24th November 2018 #2. chromie. LEARN MORE ABOUT APOGEE Defining the Art of Digital Audio Since 1985 ABOUT APOGEE Defining the Art of Digital Audio Since 1985 Since 1985, Apogee has produced innovative, award-winning technology that powers many of the […] By carlucci0753 in forum Apollo and Arrow Interfaces Replies: 14 Last Post: 5th February 2016, 05:42 AM. My studio rig consists of a Apogee … Universal Audio Apollo Duo Shop now at Amazon. Thankfully I have an Apollo Twin and a 4-710D, as well as an Octo card so I still have an Apollo tracking workflow when I need it, I couldn’t live without my UAD stuff. Ignore other dodgy companies like Antelope; there are good reasons why 99% of the ProAudio dealerships wont deal with them . UAD APOLLO TWIN vs SSL 2+ for a second recording solution. So Universal Audio Apollo Twin tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than Apogee One-Mac, as seen on the chart below. Sonic Differences: Apollo 8 TB VS Apogee Symphony MK2 I am trying to get a feel for the discernable audio differences from any folks who have used both. Mac OS: Computer: Thunderbolt-equipped Mac (iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro) Memory: 4 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB recommended. Audio Shootout Between The PreSonus Studio 192, UA Apollo And Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt The team over at Studio One Expert have created an audio shootout between the new UA Apollo and Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt, two of the most popular interfaces on the market. The 140/250 combo just blends in. Nov 12, 2018 #1 I’ve been doing some remote tracking from my home studio - generally guitar or steel - perhaps some dobro, etc. Agree to disagree! One forum post I read a while back said the difference was very small between the x8p and x16. 118 dB: Power Supply; Apogee Ensemble Universal Audio Apollo Quad; Power source: Powerline: Powerline: Often compared with Apogee Ensemble. If you're not making money and make music as a hobby, probably not worth the investment. Add Thread to del.icio.us; Bookmark in Technorati; Tweet this thread; Thread Tools. Views: 282. Now, there are some key differences between the two and in this post I’ll try to lay out these differences as best I can … Audient iD14 vs Apollo Twin MKII (Solo, Duo, Quad) Read More » Hardware DSP with Premium Native Plugins. Immersive Touch Screen Interface. Thus meaning they can certainly fit on your desk. Last week we asked you to listen to 3 audio files recorded using the new PreSonus Studio 192, UA Apollo Twin and the Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt and asked you to choose which one you preferred - here is the list of which interface was which, including a selection of … Apogee Symphony Desktop vs UAD Apollo Twin X Comparison. My next upgrade is going to be a pair of Apollo16 interfaces to get 32 channels and 8 DSPs. Universal Audio Apollo Quad. By sjgam in forum General Discussion Replies: 21 Last Post: 22nd January 2016, 11:06 AM. I recently retired my mod'd Project Mix I/O and replaced it with an Antelope Audio Zen-Studio and am really happy with it, so far. Apogee Ensemble. As a result, doing so will actually readjust the hardware to match the specs of traditional Neve, API, and Manley Preamps. Audient iD22. Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:55 am. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Apogee One-Mac is a more popular audio interface, based on its 70+ reviews. Audient ID4. When it comes down to aesthetics, Apogee’s Symphony Desktop is more simplistic in its presentation. OS: 10.9.3 or greater. We compare the cost of entry of the Avid Pro Tools Carbon audio interface with the Universal Audio Apollo x8p and the Apogee Ensemble, all similar priced audio interfaces with both native and DSP powered plugins. I use one myself, because the sound quality is fantastic and I like using UAD plugins. https://www.uaudio.com/audio-interfaces/apollo-x16.html, Universal Audio Announces New Apollo X Thunderbolt 3 Interfaces for Mac and Windows, Already have an account? Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt Specification. I’ve never heard Symphony or Antelope for myself but I can tell you the X16 that’s high quality. can’t imagine paying 3 grand for a piece knowing that you’re paying for a second tier DA. Here for the gear . Ive been using my Apollo X16 for six months now and its easily the best Converter for the money. It's a serious heavy weight. I know, and by the way the X16 DOES have built in preamps. NightWriter007 Posts: 1 Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:10 pm. * 1986 , SRF Price, Rituals and Power , p. 75: In Rome itself the official position was clear: the apotheosis of the emperor took place only after his death; this had to be officially recognized by the Senate, and only then did the emperor become a divus with an official cult. i would also like to know this! Since the audio interface is generally at the core of a recording studio, we decided to take a look at two contenders which have a lot of traction in the market: the RME Babyface Pro and the Universal Audio Apollo Twin mkII. Apogee Ensemble. From personal recording interfaces for iPhone and iPad to multi-channel Mac based […] Apogee Ensemble. Interface question: UA Apollo Twin X Quad VS Apogee Symphony Desktop I recently asked elsewhere about different pieces of gear I’m looking at for my home studio setup, and briefly settled on the Symphony Desktop ( although I also briefly settled on the Duet, but fell in love with the idea of being able to use onboard DSP with plugins for live streaming smaller solo gigs). He swears it’s right there with them. Perhaps I've missed it on the UA site, but is there a comprehensive feature comparison chart for the Apollo series (desktop and rack)? Apogee Duet 2 vs Universal Audio Apollo Duo. Vintage Preamp Emulation. Universal Audio Apollo Quad. Despite both interfaces being compatible with any DAW, the Symphony Desktop can be fully integrated with Logic Pro X. Jump to page: Results 1 to 10 of 15 Thread: Apogee Symphony vs Apollo 8p. An apsis (Greek: ἁψίς; plural apsides , Greek: ἁψῖδες) is an extreme point in the orbit of an object. It is always safe and secure under strict control. Apogee Symphony Desktop vs UAD Apollo Twin X Specifications. Then again I know many people with Apogee products that love the UI and the sound. The New Apollo X16 is a totally different beast from all the previous generation Apollo’s. The Scarlett 2i2 is a bestselling audio interface for home recording. It's become an important part of my setup. A. Lakkis . I had an Apogee Ensemble Mk1 before the Apollo and the latter kills the Ensemble stone dead imo. I’ve never heard Symphony or Antelope for myself but I can tell you the X16 that’s high quality. Focusrite Clarett 8Pre. Apogee Quartet. Comparison of Apogee Duet 2 and Universal Audio Apollo Duo based on specifications, reviews and ratings. With a degree in Electronic Production & Design I get to combine my two favorite things: Music and Tech! I remember it not being too much of a difference from the apollo 16BF though. If you’re a professional the different might not throw you off completely, but Dangerous Music are really good at what they do, gotta give credit where credit is due. Apogee Products Defining the Art of Digital Audio Since 1985 For over three decades, Apogee products and technologies have set the standard for audio recording. Share Reply Quote. The x8 has four standard XLRs for the mic preamp inputs, and eight separate quarter‑inch jacks for line‑level connections. Apogee Quartet Shop now at Amazon. Universal Audio Apollo Duo Shop now at Amazon. However, it's fairly safe to say that Apogee One Mac is a more popular audio interface, based on its 70+ reviews. Since they have optical outs you can use something like a dangerous source which cost 900$ does it cost them more than 900$ to toss in the da of the 16? After reading about Apogee’s new Thunderbolt version I contacted my longtime sales rep, Nate Edwards, to discuss the product. Novation reveals Launchkey Mk3 MIDI Keyboard Controllers, Universal Audio Apollo X4: A New Entry in Apollo X Family, Antelope Audio Zen Tour Synergy Core Audio Interface with TB3: NAMM 2020, Universal Audio Apollo goes Solo w/ Thunderbolt 3 & USB-C variants, iZotope Neoverb: A Sophisticated AI Reverb Tool, Pendulate: Newfangled Audio Synth Embraces Chaos, iZotope RX8 arrives with new Audio Restoration Capabilities, Arturia releases MicroFreak Vocoder Edition hybrid synth. EN PL DE. I still love my mk1 and mk2 and I use them at home, but theres no doubt in my mind the x16 is definitively better balanced and better resolved. Noun (apotheoses) The fact or action of becoming or making into a god; deification. Apogee Quartet vs Universal Audio Apollo Duo. Apogee Quartet. By jschmidt1340 in forum Apollo and Arrow Interfaces Replies: 3 Last Post: 19th March 2014, 08:12 PM. By papabodo in forum Apollo and Arrow Interfaces … Supporting Member. I believe the DA conversion dynamic range I saw for the symphony is 131db. I can’t imagine anyone paying an extra 3000$ for 16 inputs they won’t use for just a quality DA, Respect but having had them here with Event Opals and Amphion one15, the differences are negligible, agree to disagree. After installing the Apollo, and hooking up my synths and mic inputs, I found myself using more of the UA plugins than just delay/reverb. Universal Audio Apollo Duo. Not trying to be a sales rep here, if you want what UAD provides, and are not locked to UAD plugins specifically, Antelope offers what UAD does but better, however their DSP plugin selection is way smaller. 32 DA from logic 9 to hardware console : apollo 16 plus apogee symphony? If one doesn't exist, it would be extremely helpful to narrow down which Apollo unit would fit a needs assessment. Please let me know in the comment section below. Published: 7 Nov, 2019. However, it's fairly safe to say that Apogee One-Mac is a more popular audio interface, based on its 60+ reviews.