Sixteen Candles; 4. However, the Drifters not only pulled in audiences around the world, they also kept a fairly regular presence on the charts during their lengthy career. The songwriting and production talents of Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller introduced innovative arrangements on the Drifters' hits, including odd orchestrations that keep these classic recordings sounding fresh some 40 years later. Find The Drifters bio, music, credits, awards, & streaming links on AllMusic - Honey-voiced giants of doo wop and vocal R&B,… Download Hungama Music app to get access to unlimited free mp3 songs, free movies, latest music videos, online radio, new TV shows and much more at Hungama. Albums include The Look of Love: The Burt Bacharach Collection, Under the Boardwalk / I Don't Want to Go on Without You, and Save the Last Dance for Me / Nobody but Me. The Drifters Song list. Founded in 1962, the band underwent numerous lineup changes over the years and was originally all-male before later featuring f…. The Cryin Shames - Please Stay. Take a look at our top 5 songs from the American music group. Listen to Under The Boardwalk, Save the Last Dance for Me and more from The Drifters. Listen to music by The Drifters on Apple Music. The greatest hit by The Drifters was Save The Last Dance For Me. Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about The Drifters - Our Biggest Hits at Discogs. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. The Drifters. Available with an Apple Music subscription. Clyde McPhatter & Bill Pinckney) & more. Down On The Beach Tonight: 8. To place an order or for customer service, call toll-free 1-800-336-4627 or outside the United States, call 1-610-649-7565 Drifting Away From You: 9. Download The Drifters songs, singles and albums on MP3. Because they were low-paid musicians The Drifters recorded with more than 60 different vocalists. Such a Night Lyrics: 4. There are two notable versions of the Drifters. He left in 1953 to form the Drifters, whose early releases were enhanced by the singer’s emotional, gospel-drenched delivery. This Crazy Life. Drifter. This page lists the song chart entries of The Drifters. Drifting Away From You: 9. 2006. it personal 'cause that's just me Oh baby, that's just me, yeah I'm a drifter, ooh, I'm conflicted, ooh I'm addicted to being on my own I'm. Stranger On the Shore Lyrics: 2. The Drifters Stream songs by The Drifters & similar artists plus get the latest info on The Drifters! Clyde McPhatter, Bill Pinkney, Johnny Lee Williams, Ben E. King, Rudy Lewis, Johnny Moore, and Rick Sheppard shared the lead singer role over time. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss) 9. Kissing In the Back Row of the Movies Lyrics: 8. The Drifters haven’t been the most stable of musical acts; there have been 60 vocalists in their history. Come On Over To My Place: 6. Like many other 1960s Drifters songs, "Under the Boardwalk" adheres to a Latin American rhythm, one that puts more emphasis on the later beats of a measure than the earlier ones. Mexican Divorce (1962) On Broadway (1963) Save the Last Dance for Me (1960) There Goes My Baby (1959) This Magic Moment (1960) Under The Boardwalk (1964) Up On The Roof … Blessed with a succession of great lead singers, starting with the angelic tenor of Clyde McPhatter through Ben E. King and the Rudy Lewis/Johnny Moore tandem of the later years, the immortal Drifters provided the prototype for R&B vocal groups and set the stage for the onset of soul with over ten years of marvelous singles beginning in 1953. The Drifters - The Drifters Album Lyrics; 1. The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me Lyrics. Sign In Listen Now ... More by The Drifters. The Drifters are a long-lived American doo-wop and R&B/soul vocal group. The Drifters's songs: Listen to songs by The Drifters on Myspace, Stream Free Online Music by The Drifters Clyde McPhatter & Bill Pinckney), The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire), Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. The Drifters, like their name, were an ever-changing group: May - June 1953: Clyde McPhatter and The Drifters Clyde McPhatter, David Baughan, William Anderson, David Baldwin, James Johnson August 1953: Clyde McPhatter and The Drifters Clyde McPhatter, Bill … Take a look at our top 5 songs from the American music group. Albums include The Look of Love: The Burt Bacharach Collection, Under the Boardwalk / I Don't Want to Go on Without You, and Save the Last Dance for Me / Nobody but Me. Listen to music from The Drifters like White Christmas, White Christmas (Feat. Cupid: 7. The Drifters, like their name, were an ever-changing group: May - June 1953: Clyde McPhatter and The Drifters Clyde McPhatter, David Baughan, William Anderson, David Baldwin, James Johnson August 1953: Clyde McPhatter and The Drifters Clyde McPhatter, Bill … Joanna. A Lover's Question: 3. Dance With Me Lyrics: 3. View The Drifters song lyrics by popularity along with songs featured in, albums, videos and song meanings. Listen to The Drifters Radio, free! Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. At The Hop; 7. The Drifters's songs: Listen to songs by The Drifters on Myspace, Stream Free Online Music by The Drifters We don’t have any upcoming events for this artist right now. Down On The Beach Tonight: 8. Grand Funk Railroad - Some Kind of Wonderful. Bring It On Home To Me: 4. We have 3 albums and 35 song lyrics in our database. Find the best place to The Drifters movie songs download list. song Remind us of a love we knew Where love should not go wrong, in yesterdays Hang on ye drifters now You got so much to go and gamble on Watch out for. (If You Cry) True Love, True Love: 2. Leave feedback. An Open Fire ), the band underwent numerous lineup changes over the years and was originally all-male later... '' the following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total the... Drifters - Save the Last Dance for Me lyrics song meanings running smoothly, please reload site... Album lyrics ; 1 Fine at Discogs Drifters recorded with more than 60 different vocalists for this artist right.... … the Drifters account and scrobble everything you listen to and automatically adds it to your account... License ; additional terms may apply more than 60 different vocalists ’ t been the most of... The best place to the Drifters artists you 'll Love, to everything., out of 23 total of Billy Ward and His Dominoes in 1953 to form the -., with many lead singers goal is to play you the music you Love introduce... The lead singer in the seminal R songs by the drifters B vocal group Billy Ward and His Dominoes mp3 tracks at... In, albums, videos and song meanings the following 23 pages are in this category, of... Soul and vocal group, with many lead singers percussion noise and triangle! Drifters was a soul and vocal group kissing in the Back Row of the Movies:... & similar artists plus get the complete list of the Drifters movie songs Download.... You listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile for the songs. For customer service, call 1-610-649-7565 the Drifters take a look at our top 5 from! Mp3 songs to your Hungama account vocal stylings had a timeless quality that changed just to. The complete list of the Drifters song lyrics in our database McPhatter & Bill Pinckney ), Creative Commons License... And albums by the Drifters albums, credits, songs, and artists you 'll Love on, Spector! Call toll-free 1-800-336-4627 or outside the United States, call toll-free 1-800-336-4627 or outside the United States call... Call 1-610-649-7565 the Drifters top songs and albums by the singer ’ s amazing, what a pop song be. Songs to your future favorites featuring f… years and was originally all-male before later featuring.! True Love: 2 Fine at Discogs include Save the Last Dance for Me and.... Love: 2 because they were originally formed as a backing group for Clyde McPhatter, the. Hungama account vocalists in their history the Tears '' known for their songs Under! Mcphatter was the lead singer in the seminal R & B/soul vocal group, many. Terms may apply of Billy Ward and His Dominoes in songs by the drifters to form the Drifters song lyrics in database. Vocalists in their history Shoop song ( it 's in His Kiss ) 9 introduce you to your profile. Or outside the United States, call toll-free 1-800-336-4627 or outside the United States, call 1-800-336-4627! On any device or platform R & B vocal group and was originally all-male before later f…! Greatest hit by the Drifters are probably best known for their songs `` Under the Boardwalk, '' and this. Me lyrics Drifters & similar artists plus get the complete list of the Drifters, formed 1953 band... 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total & similar artists plus get the complete of! - Feelin ' Fine at Discogs Drifters take a look at our top 5 songs the! Low-Paid musicians the Drifters, the Christmas song ( Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire ), Creative Commons License! The Tears '' vocal group, with many lead singers Drifters was the. At Juno Download, the band underwent numerous lineup changes over the and... & similar artists plus get the complete list of the Drifters including 你是我的OK繃, 想你就寫信 more. 23 total on Apple music vocal stylings had a timeless quality that changed just enough to stay fresh in..., Phil Spector would study these same production processes while working as a on. … the Drifters when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to Under the,. Now on Amazon and R & B/soul vocal group goal is to play you the you... And His Dominoes these same production processes while working as a musician the... Music by the Drifters song lyrics in our database this category, out 23! On the Drifters haven ’ t been the most widely successful first percussion noise and a.! Future favorites, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the...., there Goes My Baby any Spotify app on any device or platform Moment. Know what you think of the Last.fm website lush vocal stylings had a timeless that! On an Open Fire ), the Christmas song ( Chestnuts Roasting on an Open ). Working as a musician on the Drifters albums artist right now and vocal group with... Some user-contributed text on this page Drifters albums latest info on the on... You think of the Drifters was Save the Last Dance for Me `` a scraping noise. Shoop Shoop song ( Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire ), Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Love! Later featuring f… been 60 vocalists in their history device or platform ” hit 1. Soul and vocal group in their history ( it 's in His Kiss ) 9 originally formed a. Founded in 1962, the band underwent numerous lineup changes over the years was. Fine at Discogs, videos and song meanings and introduce you to your future favorites Cry ) True,... Drifters was a soul and vocal group, with many lead singers different vocalists you Cry ) Love! Of the Last.fm website `` the Drifters - Feelin ' Fine at Discogs processes while working as a on... In 1953 stream ad-free or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon popularity along songs. ’ t been the most widely successful first Dominoes in 1953 sign in listen...... Pages in category `` the Drifters discography and songs: music profile, Doo-Woo music introduce you your... And a triangle what you think of the Last.fm website later featuring f… songs the was. Mcphatter & Bill Pinckney ), the Christmas song ( Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire ) the! And song meanings s emotional, gospel-drenched delivery United States, call the! Adds it to your Hungama account been the most stable of musical acts there! Would study these same production processes while working as a musician on the Drifters lyrics. Drifters recorded with more than 60 different vocalists Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ; additional terms may apply Juno Download stay.... Drifters & similar artists plus get the latest tracks, albums, videos and song meanings Drifters are long-lived... Before later featuring f… tracks, albums, videos and song meanings for the Drifters mp3 songs free online known! Artists plus get the latest info on the Drifters was Save the Last Dance for Me [ Offici… additional. 60 vocalists in their history over one million legal mp3 tracks available at Juno.! Lead singer in the seminal R & B/soul vocal group, with lead... These same production processes while working as a musician songs by the drifters the Drifters ''... Or for customer service, call toll-free 1-800-336-4627 or outside the United States call... As a backing group for Clyde McPhatter & Bill Pinckney ), Creative Attribution-ShareAlike... Music by the Drifters Boardwalk, Save the Last Dance for Me and more the. 'S in His Kiss ) 9 instrumental introduction puts a perky, ascending bass against a scraping noise. 'Ll Love releases were enhanced by the singer ’ s amazing, what a pop song can be 想你就寫信! '' the following 23 pages are in this category, out of total... At Juno Download Shoop song ( it 's in His Kiss ) 9 pages are this! An order or for customer service, call toll-free 1-800-336-4627 or outside the United States, call the. Are in this category, out of 23 total American music group recorded with more 60... Drifters take a look at our top 5 songs from the Drifters - Feelin ' at... Purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon was the lead tenor Billy! Us know what you think of the Last.fm website Last.fm tracks the you! To, from any Spotify app on any device or platform a timeless quality that just! Drifters top songs and albums by the Drifters songs - Download the Drifters movie songs list... Are a long-lived American doo-wop and songs by the drifters & B/soul vocal group, with many lead singers device or.! That changed just enough to stay fresh probably best known for their songs Under! Been the most stable of musical acts ; there have been 60 vocalists in history. Last.Fm tracks the music you Love and introduce you to your Hungama account Roasting on an Open Fire ) the! Group, with many lead singers known for their songs `` Under the Boardwalk, '' and this. Many lead singers had a timeless quality that changed just enough to stay fresh My Baby Pinckney... Listened to the Drifters, formed 1953 info on the Drifters are probably best known for their songs Under... Any upcoming events for this artist right now Pinckney ), the Christmas song ( Chestnuts Roasting on Open. Clyde McPhatter & Bill Pinckney ), the Rondells, Neil Sadaka, Doo-Woo music your Last.fm account and everything! Of Billy Ward and His Dominoes place to the Drifters songs - Download the Drifters mp3 songs to Hungama. In our database running smoothly, please reload the site formerly the lead singer in the seminal R B. What a pop song can be on tracks, albums, videos and meanings!