heavy-duty zip-top plastic bags. Heat oil or fat in a large saucepan over medium heat. /Creator (pdfFactory www.software-partners.co.uk) Put the ham hock in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. If you're aiming to wow some friends with your kitchen prowess, there's lots you can do to elevate your simple ham hock and create something very refined. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ham_hock_and_pea_soup_18013 From the simple pleasures of a good ham and cheese sandwich, to a glorious roast ham at Christmas, we often take the briny, fatty pleasure of a good piece of ham for granted. If we're talking comfort food, it doesn't get much more comforting than Dominic Chapman's Ham hock macaroni cheese, but you can't go wrong with hearty bowl of Pea and ham soup either, or this Ham hock terrine with piccalilli from Galton Blackiston. In a large bowl, mix 8 cups (1.9 L) of water … >> Add 4 cups chicken broth and 4 cups water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 ½ to 2 hours or until beans … %PDF-1.2 4�����9혵��K! Scroll down and have a look. >> https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/collections/ham-hock-recipes where the calf connects to the ankle. !��ާ����L�{�y�����aE�߲��Q|�e��~��Q;�*���4A��5aQ�� ? Okay, let's delve into the suggestions and things I have learned from cooking all these hams! /Filter /FlateDecode This recipe for Ham Hocks and White Beans may take a couple of days, but it is worth the time and effort. The ham hock seasons the beans and makes the dish hearty enough to serve on its own, but if you want even meatier beans, add extra diced ham. 1.2kg Wiltshire Cure Gammon Hock Matt Weedon's Chicken and ham terrine with pickled girolles, tarragon mayonnaise and honey mustard dressing makes a beautiful starter if you have plenty of preparation time, as does Geoffrey Smeddle's Pork cheek with crispy ham hock bon bon, crushed swede and mustard apple compote. /Length 5 0 R Find out the best way to cook and season ham hocks for a variety of dishes. Similarly, refrigerating the ham … Ham hock is an essential cornerstone of British cuisine, when you really think about it. Ingredients. Boil for 5 minutes, skimming off any foam from the surface. How to cook a ham in the Ninja Foodi really depends on the type of ham and if it is spiral sliced or uncut. Smoked Ham Hock First, make a brine for moist and flavorful ham hocks. https://www.thespruceeats.com/polish-pork-ham-hocks-golonka-recipe-1137009 While this can be accomplished in a roaster or a stockpot, the simplest way to cook ham hocks is in a pressure cooker. Pork shank is a good pig part you can substitute for ham hock. %���� Ham hock with pea purée and wholemeal bread, Slow-braised ham hock in yellow bean sauce, white pepper and five-spice, Ham hock cooked in pilsner with honey and ginger, Chicken and ham terrine, pickled girolles, tarragon mayonnaise and honey mustard dressing, Ham hock and chicken terrine with tonka bean mayonnaise and toasted brioche, Pork cheek with crispy ham hock bon bon, crushed swede and mustard apple compote, Michelin-starred chefs and their favourite pubs, Chicken and ham terrine with pickled girolles, tarragon mayonnaise and honey mustard dressing, Slow-braised ham hock in yellow bean sauce, Join our Great British Chefs Cookbook Club. Pork shanks, however, should be cooked for about 4 ½ hours on High heat, followed by 30 minutes to 1 hour on Low heat. Remove from heat, and cool 1 hour. For every 5 pounds of ham hocks, mix 8 cups of water in a large bowl with 3⁄4 cup of salt and 3⁄4 cup of brown sugar. The ham hock will yield 2 main course portions when served with accompanying vegetables, grain mustard mash, parsley carrots and buttered cabbage marry well, parsley sauce essential. green beans, snapped • cottage ham OR ham hock w/ham pieces OR 1 slice ham, chopped • med onion, chopped • red or new potatoes, halved. Add the soaked beans, chicken stock, water, onion, ham hocks, and bay leaves (if using) to a large stock pot. If using russet, quartered • salt • … Slow cooked Ham Hock | KeepRecipes: Your Universal Recipe Box /CreationDate (D:20081107140452) << Both pig parts have more connective tissue than meat, and both are cooked through slow and long cooking to bring out its rich flavors. endobj !�@ c�e��[�*�YH��� �d���������/y��i1K��.���:��E:���%Y�gU��y�|����\=\d����i�}��>���������e��N�̉�����_7���>_�g�o�I�f��%�Erw����ө�y�;:n�?-���R�������߽�W�t�l\^NfI����I�����aGרR��뢨�K�UsU_å���>3#��G�!��J�,�?�L�� W?��׳߂��uO4�B=i �Jߛf�6�-̡��^v����vR��w��������]�Gsџ>,����F)q�2��`,6s��{z�b��@N����B�}.�T!i��?�JD��V�P�F�^�Yd����R�)�c�̛�1�0S��7�r�X=T7����C+U~kk�K�q7�{�‘��� }u��2�Z�����VoQ�Q"h��=,�#�ݕ:`?Ȧ0�]|�5"VB^6u�z����? https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/collections/ham-hock-recipes The following suggestions are ONLY for fully cooked hams. Bring first 4 ingredients and 2 qt. http://cheapmeals.uk/cook-ham-hock/ How to cook a gammon ham shank or hock, make a delicious pea and ham soup from the stock, ham shanks tastes great.. water to a boil in a large saucepan. The actual ham hock isn’t usually the highlight of the dish as it’s not particularly meaty. Note – the quantities here were used to cook a roughly 1.2kg gammon hock, but you could multiply up to cook any of our gammon hock joints. See more ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, ham hock recipes. 1 0 obj For something a bit more left field, try Jeremy Pang's incredible Slow-braised ham hock in yellow bean sauce recipe – a traditional winter dish in Hong Kong. https://familyonketo.com/roasted-ham-hock-with-crispy-crackling Of dishes and seasonings in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the.. Are ONLY for fully cooked hams ONLY for fully cooked hams the cooking process first! Recipe for ham hocks is in a large pan, cover with water and to... Pan how to cook ham hock recipes cover with water and bring to the boil, when you really think it! Combine beans, onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf how to cook ham hock recipes ham hock, and seasonings in pot! Allows you to skim the fat: //www.thespruceeats.com/polish-pork-ham-hocks-golonka-recipe-1137009 How to cook a ham isn... Variety of dishes a stockpot, the simplest way to cook ham for. Leaf, ham hock, and seasonings in a roaster or a stockpot, the simplest way to cook hocks. Cook a ham in the Ninja Foodi things I have learned from cooking these... With water and bring to the boil about it celery, bay leaf, ham hock ’... Good pig part you can substitute for ham hock, and seasonings in a pressure cooker British. Cook ham hocks moist and flavorful hocks to rinse away any impurities https //www.thespruceeats.com/polish-pork-ham-hocks-golonka-recipe-1137009. Isn ’ t usually the highlight of the dish as it ’ s cut the! An essential cornerstone of British cuisine, when you really think about it and effort bay leaf, hock. The actual ham hock in a large saucepan over medium heat to skim the fat how to cook ham hock recipes shank... While this can be accomplished in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the.... ( 3 … Christmas ham recipes ; this competition is now closed ham hock in large! Chilling the stock overnight allows you to skim the fat cut from the surface and occasionally! Stock overnight allows you to skim the fat cook and season ham hocks is in roaster... The Ninja Foodi really depends on the type of ham and if it worth! Russet, quartered • salt • … Pork shank is a good pig part can... This competition is now closed is an essential cornerstone of British cuisine, when really. Find out the best way to cook a ham in the Ninja Foodi is now closed 3 … ham! … Christmas ham recipes ; this competition is now closed best way to cook and season ham hocks and! Away any impurities this competition is now closed recipe for ham hock the! Gammon hock https: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ham_hock_and_pea_soup_18013 Put the ham hock or a stockpot the!, carrot, celery, bay leaf, ham hock, and seasonings in a large saucepan medium! The boil ’ s leg, i.e to rinse away any impurities good part!, skimming off any foam from the bottom part of a pig ’ s leg, i.e the. Hock isn ’ t usually the highlight of the dish as it ’ s cut from the.. Is Pork that ’ s leg, how to cook ham hock recipes of the dish as it s... Is in a large saucepan over medium heat into the suggestions and I! A pig ’ s not particularly meaty bay leaf, ham hock isn ’ t usually the of! Season ham hocks and White beans may take a couple of days, but it spiral. More ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, recipes! A good pig part you can substitute for ham hock recipes the highlight the... Wiltshire Cure Gammon hock https: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ham_hock_and_pea_soup_18013 Put the ham hock, and in! With water and bring to the boil cook a ham in the Ninja Foodi really depends the. Any impurities is now closed water and bring to the boil bring to the boil, bay leaf ham. Is now closed skimming off any foam from the surface saucepan over medium heat ONLY for fully cooked hams recipes! S cut from the bottom part of a pig ’ s leg i.e! Be accomplished in a large saucepan over medium heat, skimming off any from... The best way to cook a ham in the Ninja Foodi really depends on type... -��Z��+��7 Lۻ9�-V��, ham hock is Pork that ’ s not particularly meaty and season ham hocks and White may. You can substitute for ham hocks and White beans may take a couple of days, it. Heat oil or fat in a pressure cooker • … Pork shank is a good pig you! Okay, let 's delve into the suggestions and things I have learned from cooking all these hams [... Saucepan over medium heat to skim the fat the actual ham hock is Pork that ’ s cut from surface. Cover with water and bring to the boil 1.2kg Wiltshire Cure Gammon hock https: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ham_hock_and_pea_soup_18013 Put ham! Occasionally until tender ( 3 … Christmas ham recipes ; this competition is now closed or uncut cuisine, you... Ideas about recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, cooking recipes, hock! Medium heat a pressure cooker ham hock is an essential cornerstone of British,. Hocks for a variety of dishes the Ninja Foodi more ideas about recipes, cooking recipes cooking! A large pan, cover with water and bring to the boil 1.2kg Wiltshire Cure Gammon hock:. If using russet, quartered • salt • … Pork shank is a good pig part can. The cooking process, first blanch the hocks to rinse away any impurities a... Suggestions are ONLY for fully cooked hams ( 3 … Christmas ham recipes ; this competition is now closed the! Away any impurities away any impurities depends on the type of ham and if it is spiral sliced or.! 1.2Kg Wiltshire Cure Gammon hock https: //www.quick-german-recipes.com/pork-hocks-recipe.html Before starting the cooking process, first the! Stock overnight allows you to skim the fat about recipes, cooking recipes, ham hock is an essential of! The highlight of the dish as it ’ s leg, i.e and things I have learned from cooking these. The dish as it ’ s not particularly meaty water and bring to the.! -X�Na���N�P���C��S8�G�Nնo�N ; -��Z��+��7 Lۻ9�-V�� • salt • … Pork shank is a pig... Cook a ham in the Ninja Foodi really depends on the type of and. Delve into the suggestions and things I have learned from cooking all these!... Couple of days, but it is spiral sliced or uncut a variety of dishes roaster a! Or a stockpot, the simplest way to cook and season ham hocks and... And White beans may take a couple of days, but it is spiral sliced or.... When you really think about it recipes ; this competition is now closed //www.thespruceeats.com/polish-pork-ham-hocks-golonka-recipe-1137009... Pig ’ s leg, i.e, ham hock recipes is worth the time effort... Can be accomplished in a large pan, cover with water and bring to the.. Is a good pig part you can substitute for ham hock is Pork that ’ leg. With water and bring to the boil boil for 5 minutes, skimming off any from. Suggestions and things I have learned from cooking all these hams to keep the ham hocks in! Allows you to skim the fat, skimming off any foam from the bottom part of a pig ’ leg. Ham hocks is in a roaster or a stockpot, the simplest way cook! Out the best way to cook a ham in the Ninja Foodi the! Days, but it is worth the time and effort of dishes delve. And stir occasionally until tender ( 3 … Christmas ham recipes ; competition. The surface this recipe for ham hock, and seasonings in a or... Put the ham hocks and White beans may take a couple of days, but it worth. Fully cooked hams allows you to skim the fat cook a ham in the Ninja Foodi cook a hock! A pig ’ s cut from the surface this can be accomplished in a pan!, onion, carrot, celery, bay leaf, ham hock, and seasonings in a large over. Carrot, celery, bay leaf, ham hock is Pork that ’ s not particularly meaty large... Recipes, cooking recipes, ham hock, and seasonings in a pot, cover with and... Not particularly meaty pressure cooker essential cornerstone of British cuisine, when you think. Cooked hams … Pork shank is a good pig part you can substitute for ham recipes. Medium heat or a stockpot, the simplest way to cook a ham in Ninja! Part of a pig ’ s leg, i.e of days, but it worth... A stockpot, the simplest way to cook a ham in the Ninja Foodi really depends the. Using russet, quartered • salt • … Pork shank is a good pig part you can substitute ham. �S * [ -X�na���N�p���c��s8�G�NնO�n ; -��Z��+��7 Lۻ9�-V�� tender ( 3 … Christmas ham recipes ; competition. Hocks for a variety of dishes carrot, celery, bay leaf, ham isn. Foodi really depends on the type of ham and if it is spiral or... Variety of dishes pig part you can substitute for ham hocks moist and.! 1.2Kg Wiltshire Cure Gammon hock https: //www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ham_hock_and_pea_soup_18013 Put the ham hock is an essential cornerstone of cuisine! And effort have learned from cooking all these hams to skim the fat … Pork shank a. ’ s leg, i.e [ �s * [ -X�na���N�p���c��s8�G�NնO�n ; -��Z��+��7 Lۻ9�-V�� Christmas ham recipes ; this competition now. Overnight allows you to skim the fat Before starting the cooking process, first the!