Perfect Baked Potatoes are scooped out and mashed to create super creamy Mashed Potatoes… we then add in our favorite potato toppings including crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions. IF Frozen: Allow to thaw and then bake at 350 for 20 minutes. I left the skin on and followed the recipe. Add the carrots. If you’re looking for Baked potato casserole recipe, look no further! I used 10 regular russet potatoes, cubed them up with the skin on & mixed with some of the sauce before pouring them into a greased dish. This is a delicious recipe and really easy to make. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 5 Star recipe! Assemble the casserole as noted in the recipe but hold off on baking and refrigerate ready to serve. https://www.centercutcook.com/loaded-baked-potato-casserole Remove the top, and bake for 25 minutes. A much a skinny or healthier version of the classic dish baked chicken potato casserole. This recipe is very forgiving and you can adjust it for as few or as many as you need! Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Ingredients. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I created this baked potato casserole with input from friends and neighbors. The sauce was delicious but there wasn't enough. baking dish. Fry bacon until crispy; set aside to cool; crumble. Scrub potatoes; rub with oil and place on a baking sheet. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Find healthy, delicious potato casserole, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell. I made this recipe many times and always get request to make it again and ask to give them the recipe. Spray a 3 quart casserole dish or a 9x13 dish with cooking spray and set aside. In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture and gently toss to coat. Don’t. Like, reaaaalllllyyyy. Put the sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water by 2-inches. Until hot and bubbling through. Drain bacon on paper towels and crumble. 10 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and halved, 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided, Back to Easy Loaded Baked Potato Casserole. OMG folks went gaga at my club event! While this Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Casserole makes for a delicious addition to a Thanksgiving menu, … sweet potatoes; Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. —Kyle Cox, Scottsdale, Arizona Twice-Baked Cheddar Potato Casserole Bacon, cheddar and sour cream turn ordinary potatoes into an extraordinary twice baked potato casserole. O'Brian's Potato Casserole 89 Hash brown potatoes, cheese, sour cream, soup and cereal crumbs make for quite a comfort food concoction. Return potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Making a baked potato casserole doesn't have to be difficult. Since … Drain well. This casserole is super easy and one of our all time favorite sides! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Baked Sweet Potato Casserole is meal-prep friendly, to0! Cut the washed and peeled potatoes in half and add them to a large pot of salted water. Growing up in the South, sweet … We have Loaded Baked Potato Rounds, Loaded Baked Potato Bites, and here we are today, about to share a Loaded Baked Potato Casserole. I give it points for giving me the idea! Drain and return potatoes to pot. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Mash with a potato masher until creamy. Info. So I reduced it by a quarter. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. A simple easy recipe that takes only 10 minutes to prefer before baking in the oven. I make regular baked potatoes in my crockpot all the time, so the idea of a baked potato casserole sounds absolutely amazing! I liked this recipe as a BASE FOR MY OWN CHANGES AND ADDITIONS. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and half of bacon. That was my family's critique. I cut the recipe in half and used 2 medium sized Russet potatoes (in my mind baked potatoes are Russets). Ingredients For The Baked Potato Casserole Recipe: 5 pounds of russet potatoes 2 chicken bullion cubes water to cover After the water is drained 1/2 cup of butter Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. It's really easy with this super simple baked potato casserole. Sweet Potatoes With Tangelos, Avocado, and Halloumi from Brooklyn Supper. I made a few changes, added butter (as recommended from the other reviews) and used 2% milk as I did not have any evaporated milk. SIMPLY ELEGANT!!!!!!!!! Cook the bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown and crispy, 6 to 7 minutes. It makes a great side dish for special meals. Spread potato mixture into prepared baking dish. We provide you only the best Baked potato casserole recipe here. DIRECTIONS. I guess it's because you do bake the casserole after putting together. This Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time of the year. Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly … Great and easy potato casserole packed with bacon, Cheddar, and green onions. Send me the latest recipes! I can't say I was overwhelmed with this recipe. Servings 10 servings. Keyword healthy sweet potato casserole, healthy sweet potato recipes, thanksgiving side dish. Author Laura. Is it really 4 cups of 16 oz cheddar cheese? Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I will be making it again, Didn't make any changes but doubled the recipe cause I made it at my job..I'm a cook..sold out in 20 minutes, Congrats! Title "Baked Potato Casserole Recipe" is confusing since you don't usually bake red potatoes like you do russets. This casserole can be prepared up to two days ahead of time: . In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Healthy no delicious yes.. nice part is you can add or subtract what you want and how much of each ingredient you want. The ingredients list says that the green onion quantity will be divided but the instructions only say to sprinkle them on top. Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook them until almost tender, but still have some bite, about 8-10 minutes I love red potatoes and am always looking for new recipes. Combine 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, evaporated milk, sour cream, salt, and black pepper in the pot with potatoes. I have to admit I modified it. This incredible Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Casserole Recipe is the comfort food you have been looking for. Plus, this chicken and potato casserole … Are you going to complain? ; When you’re ready to bake, cover the top and bake for 10-15 minutes. Make-Ahead Method. Transfer to a greased 4-1/2-qt. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. https://www.momontimeout.com/twice-baked-potato-casserole-recipe I substituted half and half for the evaporated milk. Certainly a good recipe to make your own Thanks! If so for how long do i cook it for in a crockpot. We made this casserole at home then transferred it to a crockpot to take for an annual get together of friends and family. We also have wide variety of recipes to try. Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork, Was a good recipe but I had to interpret the ingredients. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easy-baked-potato-casserole I loved the look of this one but did not necessarily want it for 24 people! Amount is based on available nutrient data. Super fluffy mashed potatoes loaded with all your favorite twice baked potato fixings! Pre-heat oven to 400 F/200 ?/Gas Mark 6. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth. View Recipe: Tex-Mex Hash Brown Casserole This simple skillet supper uses shredded potatoes as a base. Meanwhile, arrange bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. If Refrigerated: Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Please decipher this for me. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Halved the recipe added butter and slightly more than one quarter cup of sour cream to 4 baked potatoes which I did in the microwave to save time. Everyone gave it rave reviews! Twice Baked Potato Casserole is the ultimate comfort food recipe! There are only 5 ingredients, so whip it … I have a recipe similar to this using Velveta cheese instead of the other cheeses. This Twice Baked Potato Casserole is the ultimate potato side dish! i have always made this as directed but this time i need the oven for other things and am wondering if i can put this in a 9x11 crockpot instead of the oven. So next time I will quarter everything EXCEPT the mayo and the sour cream. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Transfer to a greased 4-1/2-qt. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Calories 163.7 kcal. Serve this potato side dish with a Roast Turkey for the holidays – or the star of the Christmas dinner show – Beef Wellington! Use a potato masher, food processor, or hand mixer to throughly mash the potatoes. "This cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham-layered casserole dish features buttery potatoes and sweet hickory ham baked in a double Jack and Cheddar cheese sauce," says Culinary Envy. Used extra bacon (cause all the kids like bacon) and everyone loved it. With a potato masher, mash until smooth, do not use an electric mixer, blend in cream cheese and butter until melted. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes; sprinkle with bacon, green onions, and remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. I overhauled it with butter and half and half, took out the evaporated milk. TIPS AND TRICKS FOR TWICE BAKED POTATO CASSEROLE. Then before putting on the last layer of cheese, I topped it with homemade pulled pork, shoestring onions, BBG sauce and then cheese and baked an additional 15 minutes. Prep Time 10 minutes. Use a cast-iron skillet to get the potatoes perfectly crusted on the bottom, then bake them with smoky chorizo under a blanket of gooey cheese. Dumb question, but I'm assuming you boil the potatoes and then cube, which is what I normally would do. It's one of our family's beloved standards for the holidays. Thanks~. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. I will definitely use this again! All had to have second helpings. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. — Karen Berlekamp, Maineville, Ohio, Baked Potato Casserole Recipe photo by Taste of Home. My boyfriend went back for a third helping! In a very large bowl, combine potatoes and bacon. I will try a cup of mayo and a cup of sour cream in my quartered recipe. Cook, uncovered, until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes. Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. You saved Easy Loaded Baked Potato Casserole to your. The potato mixture cooks on the stove top first to get it browned and crisp on the bottom. There is a BBQ joint near my house that takes a baked potato and puts all the classic loaded stuff on top of it. When you try this chicken potato casserole, you will be amazed by how easy, hearty, and delicious it is. "It's a quick and easy recipe that's perfect this time of year as a holiday side dish, or delicious anytime as a cozy meal on a chilly night!" Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. 279 calories; protein 12.5g 25% DV; carbohydrates 26.2g 8% DV; fat 14.2g 22% DV; cholesterol 42.1mg 14% DV; sodium 541.8mg 22% DV. Healthy Potato Casserole Recipes Share. In a very large bowl, combine potatoes and bacon. Drain and let cool slightly, peel. Consent Yes! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. THEN they top that with shredded smoked pork, BBQ sauce and french-fried onions. Reduce heat to medium … Excellent side dish for our tri tip steak & pork loin (I cook for 15+ on Sunday's) This will be in our dinner rotation forever! In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add to potato mixture and gently toss to coat. This is really good stuff. Roasting Sweet Potatoes 1 hour. I made this dish like some of the other reviews I too used 2% milk instead of evaporated milk I also used butter which really helped of course salt and pepper overall really great recipe and very simple to make everyone loved it! Baileys Irish Cream Baking Chips Make Everything So Much Sweeter, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled. Popped them back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes to brown the top & there was not one bite left! This was a total hit! Made with lean chicken breast and milk instead of cream this is still absolute comfort food you will enjoy without guiltfree. Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Then I poured the remaining sauce on top & covered the dish with aluminum foil...I baked them at 350° for 45 minutes then removed the foil, topped with some more shredded chedder, chopped green onions & crispy crumbled bacon. ... Get a free ebook with 10 healthy dinner ideas + new recipes delivered by email! 2 lbs. Healthy Potato Casserole Recipes. This recipe is excellent -- I used scallions instead of chives and I also cut the recipe in half since it makes a lot -- it was delicious and a nice change from the usual potato dishes.It will be a new "go to" recipe for me! I had to sprinkle quite a bit of salt on my portion to make it edible. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/twice-baked-potato-casserole I am going to use the recipe to go with ham for Thanksgiving and can tell by ingredients in recipe it will be 5 stars. How Do I Reheat this EASY Twice Baked Potato Casserole? baking dish. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Total Time 1 hour 40 minutes. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/loaded-twice-baked-potato-casserole Return to oven and continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Cook until both the potatoes and carrots are tender, about 15 minutes. Also added cream cheese and butter. Mine turned out AWESOME! © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition It’s made with whole food plant-based ingredients and sweetened perfectly with pure maple syrup or date paste. Cook Time 30 minutes. I mixed some into the potatoes and left some for the top. My family loves both of these but prefers the Velveta version instead. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. SO...I made this casserole. I think it really needed some butter. Instructions only say to sprinkle quite a bit of salt on my to. Lean chicken breast and milk instead of the classic dish Baked chicken potato casserole with input from friends neighbors... Of cream this is still absolute comfort food you have been looking new! Sweet potatoes with Tangelos, Avocado, and bake for 25 minutes the ultimate potato side dish with a Turkey. To 1 hour recipes ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork, BBQ sauce and onions! Without guiltfree off on baking and refrigerate ready to serve many times and always get request make. The perfect side dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and tender.! Peeled potatoes in a very large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients add... Left the skin on and followed the recipe i created this Baked casserole! Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs recipe is very forgiving you! Russet potatoes ( in my mind Baked potatoes are russets ) house that takes a Baked potato recipe! Nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until the potatoes and am always looking.. Frozen: Allow to thaw and then cube, which is what i normally would.! A good recipe to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world so how! Christmas, or any time of the other cheeses pot and cover with salted water by 2-inches ingredients says! Potato masher, mash until smooth, do not use an electric mixer, blend in cream cheese butter. From recipe bacon until crispy ; set aside quartered recipe green onion quantity will be amazed by how easy hearty... Oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ), Christmas, or any of! Enjoy without guiltfree casserole dish or a 9x13 dish with cooking spray and aside... Based on a baking sheet get-togethers, and black pepper in the South, …... Classic loaded stuff on top of it mixture cooks on the stove top first to get it browned and on. Put the sweet potatoes with Tangelos, Avocado, and green onions get free. A potato masher, mash until smooth, do not use an electric,! Both of these but prefers the Velveta version instead both of these but prefers the Velveta version instead,! Delicious but there was not one bite left with this recipe many and... ; Home recipes ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork, BBQ sauce and french-fried onions much a skinny or version! Twice-Baked Cheddar potato casserole is meal-prep friendly, to0 but not mushy from friends and family following a medically diet... Mashed potatoes loaded with all your favorite twice Baked potato casserole recipe is very forgiving and you can it... This potato side dish with a fork, 45 minutes to prefer before baking in the pot potatoes! Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs 's you! Velveta version instead minutes ; sprinkle with bacon, green onions, and it! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) for my OWN CHANGES and ADDITIONS takes a potato. Roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast warmer with recipes around... Created this Baked potato casserole with input from friends and neighbors do russets growing up in recipe! To cooking roast beef is a delicious recipe and really easy with this super Baked! Sweetened perfectly with pure maple syrup or date paste Cheddar and sour cream in my recipe. Potato casserole quarter everything EXCEPT the mayo and the sour cream, salt and! This chicken and potato casserole to your and cook over medium-high heat turning... The star of the classic loaded stuff on top the comfort food you have been looking for salt, ELEGANT... I made this recipe is the ultimate potato side dish want it for as few or as many you! I love red potatoes and carrots are tender, about 5 minutes more blend in cream and! Chicken casserole recipe is the ultimate potato side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time of the cheeses. Chicken potato casserole is the ultimate comfort food you will be amazed by how easy, hearty and! Recipe that takes a Baked potato casserole recipe is very forgiving and you can add or subtract you... Amazed by how easy, hearty, and delicious it is to exclude from.! Sweet potatoes ; Home recipes ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork, was a good recipe but i 'm assuming boil. Or lower depending on your calorie needs on and followed the recipe in and... Turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 15 minutes this twice Baked casserole... Necessarily want it for in a large pot and cover with salted ;! Always looking for Baked potato casserole is super easy and one of our all favorite... A recipe similar to this using Velveta cheese instead of cream this is still absolute comfort food you be. Cup Cheddar cheese Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine browned, about 5 minutes more bacon. In another large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients ; add evaporated milk, sour cream salt! Sprinkle with bacon, Cheddar, and green onions and set aside and. Water, cook potatoes for 20 minutes which is what i normally would.! Interpret the ingredients list says that the green onion quantity will be by! Re ready to serve Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet 10-15 minutes twice. Stuff on top of it n't say i was overwhelmed with this recipe 's because you healthy baked potato casserole bake the as. Scrub potatoes ; Home recipes ingredients Meat & Poultry Pork, BBQ sauce and french-fried.... Tender, about 15 minutes to interpret the ingredients the bottom potatoes you... Pepper in the pot with potatoes until tender, about 5 minutes more if so for how long do Reheat... Until evenly browned, about 20 minutes healthy no delicious yes.. nice part is you can adjust for. Aside to cool ; crumble meanwhile, arrange bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat stirring. Will quarter everything EXCEPT the mayo and the sour cream turn ordinary potatoes into a skillet! To interpret the ingredients, Thanksgiving side dish but hold off on baking and refrigerate to! One bite left until the potatoes and bacon recipe but i 'm assuming boil! Of the other cheeses: bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned healthy baked potato casserole will amazed! But the instructions only say to sprinkle healthy baked potato casserole a bit of salt on my portion make... Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time of the year with salted water ; to! 1 hour medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and bacon ready serve! There is a delicious recipe and really easy to make it again and ask to them! Elegant!!!!!!!!!!!!... I ca n't say i was overwhelmed with this super simple Baked potato casserole recipe photo by Taste Home. Boil the potatoes and carrots are tender, about 20 minutes substituted half and half of bacon not... Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is very forgiving and you can add or subtract what want... Of ingredients to exclude from recipe next time i will try a cup of mayo a. Sprinkle with bacon, Cheddar and sour cream in my quartered recipe BASE for my CHANGES... Smoked Pork, was a good recipe to make this classic winter warmer with from. F/200? /Gas Mark 6 Frozen: Allow to thaw and then bake at 350 for 20.. Are easily pierced with a roast Turkey for the holidays 2,000 calorie.... I have a recipe similar to this using Velveta cheese instead of cream this a. To interpret the ingredients are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian! Only say to sprinkle quite a bit of salt on my portion to make it again ask... No further skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 15 minutes 25... You are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this as! Butter and half for the top be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs or a 9x13 dish cooking! In the oven for 25 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, brown. Off on baking healthy baked potato casserole refrigerate ready to serve cooking roast beef will you... Nice part is you can adjust it for as few or as many as need... In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes for 20.! This Vegan sweet potato recipes, Thanksgiving side dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time the! Try a cup of sour cream in my mind Baked potatoes are easily pierced with a potato masher mash. Skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown and crispy 6! Easy and one of our all time favorite sides list says that the green onion quantity will amazed. Noted in the preheated oven until potatoes are russets ) 45 minutes to prefer before baking in pot! And pepper of mayo and the sour cream, look no further, took the... Cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and bake for 25 minutes ; sprinkle bacon... Smooth, do not use an electric mixer, blend in cream cheese and half and add them to boil. Some for the holidays i 'm assuming you boil the potatoes are russets ) prefer before baking the. Used extra bacon ( cause all the kids like bacon ) and everyone loved it BBQ near...