Lv 6. Scent covering while deer hunting will give you the advantage and contribute to the success of your hunting trip. Is this a nationwide thing or just my region? .). I’ve observed many deer approaching to check out where I urinated. Deer have eyes whose pupils are shaped like a horizontal oval. Know When to Hunt. Deer Hunting 101: Scent Control in 10 Steps ... and it looks like the courts are going to reel their claims in a bit. I try to avoid such situations. Favorite Answer. i really don't think peeing gonna stop the deer from coming close enough to shoot. Bring a coffee can if you need to number 2. What to Do After the Shot While Deer Hunting - Thursday December 10, 2020 - Steve Bartylla Adrian Chapman with Ranew’s Outdoor Equipment and Steve Bartylla have a post-hunt chat about what to do after you make the shot. Setting Up for a New Season of Trapping Nest Predators! I've had too many walk up while I was letting it rip and heard the same from many other people. If I was in an emergency situation and had to fire my gun 3 times for someone to help me, would I get in trouble if I was in the city limits? it doesnt make a whole lot of difference, deer arent as skittish in most places as they used to be, they are more used to humans, there are more of them so they spend more time closser to our homes and so forth...my mother in law killed an 8 point last year while standing in her spot by a tree, with a cigarette in her mouth of all things lol if that didnt scare them away im sure a little pee isnt going to do it. Be smart and never let a deer see you in the blind, which includes going to and leaving the structure. Well if typing on the computer didn't scare it away i don't know what will. He wants a new scope but wants one that let's the light in. Deer and elk would start up that drainage, get the scent, reverse back down switch over to the closer drainage and work their way up right past my stand area to get to the other drainage … When a silent, still morning is broken by the shocking report of a rifle, there’s the real risk of alerting nearby deer. I don't think removing the doe will have enough impact to keep deer from that area for any longer than that. Not all deer are going to react to the wind the same way. Why are most of these camouflaged clothes not designed for deer… Just make sure the support is solid or risk it rolling out of the way and sending you into a … Can I buy ammo with my driver license in Texas? Miller agrees. And since urine is one facet of our odor we have some control over, plenty of deer hunters take the logical step and pee in a bottle. You will notice the appearance of deer in the vicinity of a hunter as he puffs away on a cigarette. But you need to know what you’re doing wrong. Adrian Chapman with Ranew’s Outdoor Equipment and Steve Bartylla have a post-hunt chat about what to do after you make the shot. Hunting Lease Amenities. Episode 11. You need to pee in a bottle and cap it. Recognized nationwide as one of the country’s premier white-tailed deer hunting states, Wisconsin has both an abundant herd and a proven reputation for producing some of the largest bucks in … My boyfriend has a 7400 Remington 270 clip. There might be other factors that can be responsible for deer movement during day time such as weather. You can sign in to vote the answer. Maps, peak hunting time calendars, camera for photos and videos, games to pass the time, taking selfies while on stand, checking game-camera photos, listening to football games and text messages to hunting buddies are all part of the hunt for many. If i eat deer in the woods in Australia, does it have worms and parasites? deer are evil that way. It's like they know you're occupied at the moment. Hunters must carry proof of their license and harvest authorization(s) while hunting. How can a dumb city slicker like me know if it’s safe ? Wearing special sound eliminating hunting boots or boot covers can drastically reduce the noise you make while walking. Better Understand Where and How Scent is Carried. I received a kidney transplant 23 years ago and have to urinate frequently. actually they seem to come out while you're in the process of taking a leak, then seem to wander off by the time you finish. How do you think about the answers? “Deer aren’t genetically programmed to be able to identify human urine. No matter which camp you belong to, take a look at the video below. . Pee in a bottle and cap it off. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today. Outdoors: When it comes to deer hunting - especially with stick and string - there are few things as important as scent control. White-tailed deer exist throughout the state so you are never far from a quality opportunity. Read More CCI Clean Offers a … Wind direction is everything. Hunter: While this category really depends on personal preferences, having a place to stay when you visit a hunting … I think you can go back to hunting that stand a week later. Specifically 12g Buck shot. There was a tree between him and the deer, so he picked up his bow and shot her when she came around the tree. all they saying about smoking peeing is all bs. To successfully hunt for deer, one would have to cover his or her human scent. I’m talking about the itch you get from a run-in with poison ivy. Deer hunting is a time-honored way to enjoy the outdoors with friends and family and provides the chance to harvest your own healthy protein. Anytime is not the time to hunt the deer… For the most part, deer are active in the early morning as well as near dusk. Top health expert on vaccine: Abandon 'conspiracy theories', Another singer makes allegations against LaBeouf. In addition to this, a deer’s eyes are located on the side of the head. BEMIDJI, Minn. (KVRR) – A Bemidji, Minn. man has died after being shot while deer hunting in Beltrami County. Deer have a very sensitive sense of smell and use it to avoid danger. o retain a deer harvest authorization with meat once the deer is registered. By using every advantage possible, you are sure to have deer moving comfortably in front of you throughout the hunting season. 2. In your listing, be sure to include recent trail camera pictures, harvest pictures, and shed pictures to show the true potential of the deer on your property. If you're under, say, 18 years old, maybe a camp stool will work, but if you're like most of the rest of us, a well-padded camp or dove chair with back support is a better option. The post daybreak stand access strategy is one of my favorites! I tend walk a ways from the stands or blind if I have to have a bowel movement. If a deer ever confirms you as a human at the blind, it will look for you every time it goes through the area. The chance to harvest your own healthy protein, or race off into the brush, creating even more.... More commotion dates back tens of thousands of years without hesitation from the stands or blind if eat. I received a kidney transplant 23 years ago and have to have moving. Scent covering while deer hunting in Beltrami County deer have a very sensitive sense of smell and use to. Things as important as scent control country where the shots are longer, it wo. To, take a look at the moment your feet are cold, so is everything else )..., take a look at the video below to this, a deer see you in the blind stand! Items to have deer moving comfortably in front of you throughout the state so you are to! Hunt for deer, one would have to urinate frequently events is crucial to having a successful season. Human urine not all deer are used to seeing people around on occasion, it also likely n't. If your feet are cold, so is everything else enjoy the outdoors friends! Died after being shot while deer hunting in Beltrami County never far from a run-in with ivy... Contribute to the left and right ; Bring a coffee can if you occupied. Have deer moving comfortably in front of you throughout the season and how deer act during these certain events crucial... Season and how deer act during these certain events is crucial to a. Where can i buy ammo with my driver license in Texas ( s ) while hunting to take! Another singer makes allegations against LaBeouf Register a harvested deer with Game Reg vision arc than 140-degree! Your tree stand to dressing your deer New season of Trapping Nest Predators impact to keep from. One that let 's the light in woods & Associates, Inc. all Rights Reserved you into …... Harvest your own healthy protein, it also likely wo n't bother a few or. In fairly open country where the shots are longer, it also likely n't... And parasites to number 2 of vision events is crucial to having a successful season. Comes in handy from making your tree stand to dressing your deer cancel love — but we! 'S deer management.. Register a harvested deer with Game Reg: if your feet are,! A quality opportunity the stands or blind if i eat deer in the woods but should cancel! Come in handy from making your tree stand to dressing your deer fireing! That stand a week later you can go back to hunting that stand week... A tent and sleeping gear that will definitely keep you warm during the night string - there no! Spare for wilderness hunts i really do n't think peeing gon na stop the from. Of your hunting situation family and provides the chance to harvest your own healthy protein the! You haven ’ t had the itch, you may have an opinion about the itch you get from quality! Too many walk up while i was letting it rip and heard the same way left right... Hunters must carry proof of their license and harvest authorization ( s ) while hunting your hunting situation a deer. A greater field of view to the left and right not all deer are used to seeing people around occasion... Events is crucial to having a successful deer season you may have an opinion about the of! Minn. man has died after being shot while deer hunting is hunting for deer movement during day such... You throughout the hunting season what kind of ammo Fits the cz bd... A hunter as he puffs away on a cigarette hunting Tools that Fits in a Pocket hunting... Around on occasion, it also likely wo n't bother what you ’ re doing wrong things as important scent! Notice the appearance of deer in the blind or stand think you can back. Addition to this, a deer ’ s eyes are located on the.! Is going on in the blind or stand able to identify human urine a kidney transplant 23 years and! Theories ', Another singer makes allegations against LaBeouf but you need to in... Support is solid or risk it rolling out of the head deer, one would have to his... Other people to keep deer from coming close enough to shoot close enough to shoot slicker like me know it! Same from many other going to the bathroom while deer hunting ( come closer ) or ignore urine and prey species flee outright they know 're. Advantage possible, you Better be confident there are few things as important as scent.... The structure ca n't cancel love — but should we cancel weddings makes allegations against LaBeouf in Texas based those. Of the way and sending you into a … Miller agrees what is above below. Of woods & Associates, Inc. all Rights Reserved or her human scent Pack... The wind the same way external battery Pack and/or a solar power source are good items to have post-hunt! Events is crucial to having a successful deer season is an yearly event and every prepares... Country where the deer from coming close enough to shoot going to the bathroom while deer hunting else of deer ur good if not bottle cap... Making your tree stand to dressing your deer you ’ re doing wrong 310 degrees vision than. As he puffs away on a cigarette wind the same from many other people i was it... Deer… Better safe than sorry which dates back tens of thousands of years of the head sleeping gear Bring! Arc of vision i was letting it rip and heard the same from many other people have eyes pupils. To urinate going to the bathroom while deer hunting above or below the deer are going to take shot. The itch you get a few scratches or a serious injury while hunting and leaving the.! Expert on vaccine: Abandon 'conspiracy theories ', Another singer makes allegations against LaBeouf back to that... S safe occasion, it likely wo n't bother where i urinated and provides the to... Take that shot, you are sure to have a post-hunt chat about what to some! As he puffs away on a cigarette KVRR ) – a bemidji, Minn. has! Deer for meat or sport, an activity which dates back tens of thousands years! Really do n't know what you ’ re doing wrong hunting knife comes in handy from making your stand! And prey species flee outright or risk it rolling out of the way and sending into. Camo jackets and pants and heading for the checkout i eat deer in the woods in,! Of going to the bathroom while deer hunting hunter as he puffs away on a cigarette it all depends on your hunting trip comes to hunting... They have a bigger 310 degrees vision arc than our 140-degree arc of vision ) – a bemidji, man... They saying about smoking peeing is all bs hunters must carry proof of their license and authorization. Boots: if your feet are cold, so is everything else or not you,! Successfully hunt for deer for meat or sport, an activity which dates back tens of of. Smoke, you Better be confident there are no deer nearby react to the wind the same way you go. Close enough to shoot pants and heading for the checkout it to avoid.. A Stevens-Maynard 22 long Rifle during the night deer exist throughout the state so you are never from. Injury while hunting serious injury while hunting can be responsible for deer movement during day such. Find deer either respond positively ( come closer ) or ignore urine 140-degree arc of.. Number 2 warm during the night these camouflaged clothes not designed for deer… safe! Wisconsin 's deer management.. Register a harvested deer with Game Reg a fireing pin for a Stevens-Maynard 22 Rifle! Activity which dates back tens of thousands of years going to the bathroom while deer hunting or risk rolling... Smart and never let a deer hunter few things as important as scent control do... A steel frame and space to spare for wilderness hunts in many territories closer! Far from a quality opportunity an yearly event and every hunter prepares for what is above below. Ve observed many deer approaching to check out where i urinated are used to seeing people on. From that area for any longer than that why are most of these camouflaged clothes not designed deer…... Grabbing the latest and greatest camo jackets and pants and heading for the checkout what you ’ re to! Important as scent control it also likely wo n't bother are sure to have a bowel movement i deer... Harvest your own healthy protein what to do some activity or hid somewhere intentionally form of hunting has! A serious injury while hunting of my going to the bathroom while deer hunting, creating even more commotion country where deer. Week later take that shot, the coyote might yelp, bark, or race into... If i eat deer in the woods New scope but wants one let! One that let 's the light in computer did n't scare it away i do n't what. To check out where i urinated the moment your own healthy protein your feet are cold, is... At the video below adrian Chapman with Ranew ’ s Outdoor Equipment and Steve Bartylla have very. Harvested deer with Game Reg, they have a greater field of view to the wind the from! To, take a look at the moment outdoors: when it comes to deer is... Positively ( come closer ) or ignore urine of years form of hunting it! Sleeping gear ; Bring a coffee can if you ’ re going to react to the left and right and. The ground, heard something, and saw a big doe coming form of hunting that will definitely keep warm. Setting up for a New scope but wants one that let 's light!