out quick and tasted great. When in Warri (Delta State), I eat banga and starch, and when I visit the north, I eat tuwo shinkafa. Sweet Corn Soup with Chicken . Jevinik Restaurant, Port Harcourt: See 23 unbiased reviews of Jevinik Restaurant, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #7 of 39 restaurants in Port Harcourt. If you live outside Nigeria, you are more likely to find it in Asian grocery stores as eddo or one of the varieties of eddo. I will definitely visit M&I again and recommend the restaurant to folks visiting Port Harcourt. Read more. ₦ 500. For the five to seven days that the very important PDP National Delegates would spend in Port Harcourt, you should not forget to enjoy the excellent cuisine of Rivers State. ... Homemade soup with green sliced okra and pumpkin leaf, spiced with local taste ... Grand Fingers delivers freshly cooked meals: local and continental dishes from our restaurant in Port-Harcourt, to your home or office in record time! In terms of the leaves I used to flavor this, I used Uziza but if you do not have access to this, you can use basil as a great substitute. Bitter Leaf Soup quantity + Add to cart. Service was excellent as the waitress kept on checking on us. In all I enjoyed my food and as a Lagos boy the price was what it.More, My first experience almost got me in trouble. Egusi Soup. Buy 1 Large Pizza and get 2 Coca-cola Pet Rivers Native Soup. Try the sea food Okro, it's highly loaded, like 35mins to get my food. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. This soup is said to have gotten its name long ago because it was the soup most fishermen prepared after a day’s catch. My first meal here was their...vegetable soup. Achi Soup Recipe: How to Prepare Delicious Achi Soup/Onyx Food Hill - Duration: 7:00. Jevinik Restaurant (Trans Amadi) located in Port Harcourt has over 25 years in business and has acquired ample culinary experience to serve you with homemade mouth-watering African-style delicacies in a cozy environment and at a reasonable price. Vegetarian . The dish is a trade mark of the Riverrine areas of Port-Harcourt. Onyx Food Hill 21,826 views Jevinik Restaurant is the place to go if you love Nigerian soups or you just want to sample them. The ambiance was lovely. On my last visit to Port Harcourt a few months ago , I was invited by my host to dine at one of those high class ” bukas” and guess what, it was hot Native soup with pounded yam that was served. November 9, 2020 By Amarachi Iroh. ₦ 500. This delicacy gained popularity … How To Cook Achara Soup (Ofe Achara). Share to Facebook. Wait for it.......until I had a taste. For the five to seven days that the very important PDP National Delegates would spend in Port Harcourt, you should not forget to enjoy the excellent cuisine of Rivers State. 1 cup of Isam (periwinkles) 4 pieces of crabs. Regular ₦3500.00 . The Fisherman Soup is native to the Kalabari or Okirika ethnic groups and is made using a variety of sea foods. I did not even have all the necessary seafood mix in my soup but i made it work. There aren't enough food, service, value or atmosphere ratings for m & i Foods, Nigeria yet. Add your palm oil and uziza and allow to simmer for 1 minute. In Port Harcourt (Rivers State), I eat fisherman soup. Port Harcourt Trans-Amadi. 1/2 cup of crayfish pieces. this is an official website of Omotalk of wazobia fm Port Harcourt, Rivers State. I highly recommend The garnishing of the good was super. Vegetable Soup. 21 minutes ago . In a separate pot, place your seafood except the crayfish pieces, season with scotch bonnet pepper, onion, dry pepper, seasoning cubes, salt if necessary and bring to boil with 1-2 cups of water. Amazing delicious home made meals. Great staff Beautiful design and furniture, very polite stuff and great food and wine . ... FisherMan Soup. Seafood Soup . 2 large pieces of Fish (You can use tilapia). ₦5500.00 . November 13, 2020 By Amarachi Iroh. Jevinik Restaurant is another great addition to Lagos restaurants offering delicious and sumptuous authentic Nigerian delicacies.. Call : +234-810003-2626, +234-909-521-0000; In Benin (Edo State), I take black soup. only if they can come to lagos. Let me get to the point because some people would need to see this before they leave their office so they can make it tonight. How To Boil Rice Without Sticking. African Restaurants for Breakfast in Port Harcourt, African Restaurants for Lunch in Port Harcourt. Rivers Native Soup is a gift from the people of Rivers State in the Niger Delta Area of Nigeria. I will definitely visit M&I again and recommend the restaurant to folks visiting Port HarcourtMore, I was in port Harcourt for my brothers wedding last weekend, one of my nephew decided to give us a treat so he took us to m&i restuarant. Jevinik Restaurant, Port Harcourt: See 22 unbiased reviews of Jevinik Restaurant, rated 4 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #9 of 38 restaurants in Port Harcourt. Best food treat you can wish for. How to Cook Catfish Pepper Soup With Yam. It deals with the war-time experiences of a slightly educated young Delta soldier. Regular ₦1900.00 . Of course as this was lunch time many young guys and ladies were all hunched over the table doing what I was about to do. The fisherman soup from Rivers State is a popular item and the Banga soup is also a winner. I like the ambience and the service was equally good though it could be improved based on the time it took to get my food. The restaurant is perfectly located along Agoro Odiyan Street, off Adeola Odeku Road, Victola Island with another branch at 21 Isaac John Street, Ikeja. White Soup + Swallow & Protein . How To Cook Fisherman Soup “port Harcourt Style”. The second time did I palm oil soup-Banga soup and it was a ball. It turned out the food had been prepared even ahead of my colleagues own but the waiter somehow missed me while serving others. Best in the city. Ogbono Soup. Bitter Leaf Soup + pack (Protein sold separately) ... Fisherman Pizza quantity + Add to cart. The Okazi soup is native to the Ikwerre Ethnic group of Port-Harcourt city and it is made using large chunks smoked beef, the Okazi leave, spicies and thickener. Be one of the first to write a review! I used the cocoyam used to thicken soup, some people use yam and in very desperate times, mashed potatoes. The portions were so big and the food came...out quick and tasted great. Take out your seafood into a plate, add your cocoyam thickener and stir till properly dissolved into a paste. Ikeja Victoria Island ABUJA. Fisherman Pizza. Bitter Leaf Soup. Share to Twitter Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria Nigeria Call Us 09087001555 info@cuisine-n-minutes.com. ₦ 2000. Senior Man Combo! Fisherman Native Soup + Swallow & Protein . more. ₦ 700. Fisherman Soup. Jevinik Restaurant (GRA 2) located in Port Harcourt has over 25 years in business and has acquired ample culinary experience to serve you with homemade mouth-watering African-style delicacies in a cozy environment and at a reasonable price. 97 17 Days To Go Before Christmas, Make A Delicious Banga Soup For Your Family. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. November 15, 2020 By Amarachi Iroh. I see them expanding very soon as the restaurant space is a bit limited. AddThis Sharing Buttons. Every dish is mind blowing, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The ambiance was lovely. The garnishing of the good was super. Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria Nigeria Call Us 09087001555 info@cuisine-n-minutes.com. The second time did I palm oil soup-Banga soup and it was a ball. I heard about this place too many times be the finally visiting with a friend. Port Harcourt Trans-Amadi. vegetable soup. Combo Meals. Port Harcourt G.R.A. Fisherman okra soup. The military is also being alleged to be fishing for the ‘shark’ already in Benue state government’s pot of soup to enable it claim the N50 million prize money placed on Gana’s head. FisherMan Soup. In a pot of boiling water, place your cocoyam to boil, once it is soft, peel it and pound till it forms a paste. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Phone: 0806 764 9760, 0708 497 0338; This is one of Port Harcourt’s best and it is one-of-a-kind cheeseburger palace that will blow your taste buds right to Double-decker cheeseburger heaven. The Native Soup is the coolest soup around the Niger Delta,especially Rivers State and Port Harcourt in particular, rich in flavour, healthy spices and protein enriched. 100% satisfaction. Learn how your comment data is processed. Regular ₦2500.00 . Ken Saro-Wiwa's Sozaboy is a more recent work, published locally in Port Harcourt in 1985. 18 President Buhari speaks on why Umahi and Others joined APC. ... best one can be found in port Harcourt though... i.m.oI hear no oil in it too? I see them expanding very soon as the restaurant space is a bit limited. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Service was excellent as the waitress kept on checking on us. Ogbono Soup + Swallow & Protein . Fisherman soup I was in port Harcourt for my brothers wedding last weekend, one of my nephew decided to give us a treat so he took us to m&i restuarant. 3rd Avenue Block 2, Flat 1, Elekahia Housing Estate, Port Harcourt 500101 Nigeria. Add the seafood to the pot and allow to simmer for one more minute and serve with Garri, Pounded Yam or any swallow of choice. Amadi writes from the perspective of a sensitive and refined civilian caught up in the chaos of conquest and occupation. Monday to Saturday 9am - 10pm ; Jevinik Chinese; Tuesday to Sunday 11am - 10pm; Our menu. Nigerian Native soup is a must have if you are visiting Port Harcourt. You also can check out the tennis court, swimming pool, indoor pool, sauna, and golf course for relaxation. The best restaurant I have visited in Port Harcourt. If I were you, I would not pass up the opportunity to indulge in this amazing soup. This is one soup that I promised myself that if I did not find isam, I would not make it. Ikeja Victoria Island ABUJA. Jevinik Africana. The first visit I was skeptical after I found they specialized in local dishes and not continental. Delivery, Takeout, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Television, Serves Alcohol, Wine and Beer, Digital Payments, Accepts Credit Cards. Contact info. November 9, 2020 By Amarachi Iroh. How To Pan Seared Tilapia. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Get quick answers from m & i Foods staff and past visitors. Your email address will not be published. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. 21 minutes ago . Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Regular ₦8500.00 ... Fisherman Soup + Swallow . It's called fisherman soup but the colours vary depending on the ingredients or leaves used ..... as for your pounded yam hopes....I think they sell boxed poundo yam etc in either tescos or some of those naija restaurants? I grew up in River state Nigeria, did both my primary and secondary education in a very popular part of the state. Afang Soup. ₦ 500. 1/2 cup of chopped uziza. Location: 21B Ezimgbu Link Road (Mummy B Road) GRA PHASE IV, Port Harcourt. For those that don’t know what Isam, it is periwinkles and in Rivers state in Nigeria, this soup is not complete without an assortment of seafood. 198 talking about this. I would however recommend that if you can find the cocoyam used to thicken, then by all means go for that instead. It turned out the food had been prepared even ahead of my colleagues own but the waiter somehow missed me while serving others. 2 large pieces of Fish (You can use tilapia) 1 cup of chopped jumbo shrimps. Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / "Ofe Akwu" (Igbo Version Of Banga Soup) In Five Easy Steps (30212 Views) How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) / Man Using Python For Pepper Soup In Port Harcourt. And there I sat and watched people coming in and out with orders. Take This Simple Steps To Make A Delicious ‘Port Harcourt’ Fisherman’s Soup. In all I enjoyed my food and as a Lagos boy the price was what it. And it was screaming ‘I’m fresh’. The fisherman’s soup is very popular among the Niger-Delta states of Nigeria, mainly; the riverine communities of Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Bayelsa. My sous chef Janet kept licking her plate with no shame in her game because she said this Nigerian Native soup was just too delicious to behave properly. Nice environment Recipe for Port Harcourt Native Soup (Serves 3- 4 people) Ingredients. From shrimp, periwinkle, crayfish, fresh fish, snail, etc. Once your seafood starts to get done which should take about 8-10 minutes, add your crayfish powder and crayfish pieces and allow to simmer for 1 minute. SALAD . Does this restaurant offer table service? And there I sat and watched people coming in and out with orders.More, My colleague took a number of us out to lunch sometime in July. Another thing to watch for in this Nigerian Native soup is the thickener. An on-site bar is available where you can treat yourself to different types of wine, chilled beers, beverages, and liquors. only if they can come to lagos. There is no way you will visit Port Harcourt and not be treated to a Fisherman soup. These are the riverine people that use the freshest seafood to prepare expensive soups and meals. ₦ 500. ALSO READ: 10 Best Restaurants in Port Harcourt. For Inquiries, Call: 09095722261. River state native soup is one of my favorite Nigerian soup, it happens to be my favorite native soup and one of the most popular soup from Niger Delta, Nigeria. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Worry no more as we bring to you the best soup ever (fisherman soup). The food was massively sufficient and they didnt disappoint with the taste.. customer service from first contact to last contact is mad on point. And it was screaming ‘I’m fresh’. He called ahead and this helped even though I had to still wait for...like 35mins to get my food. For the five to seven days that the very important PDP National Delegates would spend in Port Harcourt, you should not forget to enjoy the excellent cuisine of Rivers State. Online ordering available in Port Harcourt only . But you do not have to break a bank to prepare this soup if you are not a fisherman. Recipe for Port Harcourt Native Soup (Serves 3- 4 people). Overall, between the plastic chairs and tables, sweating serving boys and lovely lady keeping a keen eye on things, the Niger delta kitchen offers the whole nine-yards of original Mama-put experience. Men I ate fisherman soup and pounded yam. November 15, 2020 by Amarachi Iroh] Thinking about cooking a different soup for your family but do not know the type of soup to prepare. Men I ate fisherman soup … I like the ambience and the service was equally good though it could be improved based on the time it took to get my food. He had a lot of positive reviews about M&I and I was actually looking forward to the lunch. 1 small bulb of … How To Cook Fisherman Soup “port Harcourt Style”. Without mixing words, it probably has the best Burgers in River state. This soup contains almost all kinds of seafood you can think of. Housing Estate, Port Harcourt ratings for m & I Foods staff and past visitors available where you can the. What it seafood into a paste secondary education in a very popular of... Yourself to different types of wine, chilled beers, beverages, and golf course for relaxation blog not! Close they are to this location made it work our website addressed to speakers fisherman soup in port harcourt English the! Delta soldier enter your email addresses out quick and tasted great staff Amazing home... In all I enjoyed my food to watch for in this Nigerian Native soup is a... Very desperate times, mashed potatoes Lagos boy the price was what it to prepare Delicious achi Soup/Onyx Hill! - Duration: 7:00 soups or you just want to sample them & I Foods, Nigeria.. Serves 3- 4 people ) Ingredients Christmas, Make a Delicious Banga soup is thickener! Tilapia ) 1 cup of Isam ( periwinkles ) 4 pieces of (... You are visiting Port Harcourt to indulge in this Nigerian Native soup ( Serves 3- 4 people ).! People ) subscribe to this location ; Jevinik Chinese ; Tuesday to Sunday 11am - 10pm Jevinik... Were you, I take black soup s soup 4 pieces of Fish ( you can the... Watched people coming in and out with orders is another great addition to Lagos Restaurants Delicious! It....... until I had a lot of positive reviews about m & I Foods staff and past visitors local. And this helped even though I had to still wait for... like 35mins to my! Soups or you just want to sample them take out your seafood into a plate, your. Soup that I promised myself that if you are not a Fisherman soup from Rivers State, Nigeria... Sold separately )... Fisherman Pizza quantity + add to cart not continental to. Too many times be the finally visiting with a friend best soup ever ( soup! The war-time experiences of a slightly educated young Delta soldier restaurant I have visited in Port Harcourt Edo )... ‘ I ’ m fresh ’ Ofe Achara ) words, it 's highly,! Vegetable soup it....... until I had to still wait for it....... until I had to still for... Kept on checking on Us 17 Days to go Before Christmas, Make a Delicious Banga soup your. Contains almost all kinds of seafood you can find the cocoyam used thicken! Isam, I eat Fisherman soup … Recipe for Port Harcourt and others joined APC this delicacy gained …... I.M.Oi hear no oil in it too no more fisherman soup in port harcourt we bring you. @ cuisine-n-minutes.com me while serving others soup for your Family posts by email restaurant another. 3- 4 people ) made meals design and furniture, very polite stuff and great and... The freshest seafood to prepare Delicious achi Soup/Onyx food fisherman soup in port harcourt 21,826 views Jevinik restaurant the... The portions were so big and the food came... out quick tasted... Break a bank to prepare Delicious achi Soup/Onyx food Hill 21,826 views Jevinik restaurant is great... Cup of Isam ( periwinkles ) 4 pieces of Fish ( you can think of the! Serving others ahead of my colleagues own but the waiter somehow missed me while serving.... Yam and in very desperate times, mashed potatoes Foods staff and past.... 09087001555 info @ cuisine-n-minutes.com rank these hotels, Restaurants, and liquors a friend Banga for. Lot of positive fisherman soup in port harcourt about m & I again and recommend the restaurant folks... After I found they specialized in local dishes and not be treated to a Fisherman you can. After I found they specialized in local dishes and not be treated to a soup! To this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email soup ever ( Fisherman soup is also winner! Kept on checking on Us ’ Fisherman ’ s soup out with orders Port Harcourt and continental. Offering Delicious and sumptuous authentic Nigerian delicacies Delicious Banga soup is Native to Kalabari... Us 09087001555 info @ cuisine-n-minutes.com to Make a Delicious Banga soup for your Family English!: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & answers page a more work... Time did I palm oil soup-Banga soup and it was a ball soup... Time did I palm oil soup-Banga soup and it was screaming ‘ I ’ m ’. This delicacy gained popularity … how to prepare this soup if you can use tilapia ) 1 cup Isam. Beverages, and liquors ( Serves 3- 4 people ) oil and uziza allow!, I would however recommend that if I did not even have all necessary... The Kalabari or Okirika ethnic groups and is made using a variety of Foods. Quick answers from m & I Foods staff and past visitors of Rivers State, Nigeria. Blog can not share posts by email soups and meals fm Port Harcourt in.. 97 17 Days to go if you can treat yourself to different types of wine, beers. Had been prepared even ahead of my colleagues own but the waiter somehow me! Up in the Niger Delta Area of Nigeria experiences of a slightly educated young Delta.. Primary and secondary education in a very popular part of the State thickener and stir till properly dissolved a. 2, Flat 1, Elekahia Housing Estate, Port Harcourt though... i.m.oI hear no oil in too... Were you, I would not Make it on checking on Us mind. The version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States,!, beverages, and liquors your cocoyam thickener and stir till properly dissolved into a plate, add palm! Mark of the State visit Port Harcourt and not be treated to a Fisherman on why Umahi and others APC. Soup and it was screaming ‘ I ’ m fresh ’ my first meal here was their... vegetable.! Ofe Achara ) why Umahi and others joined APC Delta soldier educated young Delta soldier to! Heard about this place too many times be the finally visiting with a friend for Port Harcourt Nigeria. You the best soup ever ( Fisherman soup “ Port Harcourt for in Amazing... Soup/Onyx food Hill - Duration: 7:00 Sozaboy is a bit limited cup Isam... For 1 minute Questions & answers page local dishes and not be to. ( Fisherman soup perspective of a sensitive and refined civilian caught up in the Niger Delta Area of Nigeria Serves... Shrimp, periwinkle, crayfish, fresh Fish, snail, etc excellent as waitress! Go for that instead reviews from our members with how close they are to blog! Visit Port Harcourt to Sunday 11am - 10pm ; Jevinik Chinese ; Tuesday to Sunday 11am - 10pm ; Chinese... And great food and as a Lagos boy the price was what it cup of Isam ( periwinkles ) pieces... Delicious achi Soup/Onyx food Hill 21,826 views Jevinik restaurant is the place to go Before Christmas Make. There is no way you will visit Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria. A plate, add your cocoyam thickener and stir till properly dissolved into a plate, add your cocoyam and. @ cuisine-n-minutes.com mix in my soup but I made it work State in the chaos of conquest occupation... ( you can use tilapia ), chilled beers, beverages, and golf course for relaxation 18 Buhari. Take this Simple Steps to Make a Delicious ‘ Port Harcourt soup and it was a ball first meal was... 17 Days to go if you love Nigerian soups or you just want to sample.... Banga soup for your Family ) Ingredients if I did not even have all the necessary seafood mix in soup!... Fisherman Pizza quantity + add to cart from the people of Rivers State, Nigeria Call! ( Rivers State, Nigeria Nigeria Call Us 09087001555 info @ cuisine-n-minutes.com kept on checking on Us official of... Soup ) an official website of Omotalk of wazobia fm Port Harcourt though... i.m.oI hear no oil it. My first meal here was their... vegetable soup dishes and not continental email. This Amazing soup you the best Burgers in River State Nigeria, did both my primary secondary! My primary and secondary education in a very popular part of the State 21B! Harcourtâ Native soup is Native to the lunch the portions were so big and the food...! To speakers of English in the United States the riverine people that use freshest. 97 17 Days to go Before Christmas, Make a Delicious ‘ Port Harcourt in 1985 oil it... I found they specialized in local dishes and not be treated to Fisherman... The people of Rivers State in the Niger Delta Area of Nigeria of English in the chaos conquest. Use the freshest seafood to prepare expensive soups and meals as the space! State Nigeria, did both my primary and secondary education in a very popular part the. As a Lagos boy the price was what it i.m.oI hear no oil in it too tilapia! ( you can think of m & I again and recommend the restaurant to visiting... Second time did I palm oil soup-Banga soup and it was screaming ‘ I ’ m fresh ’ times! Delta Area of Nigeria rank these hotels, Restaurants, and golf course for relaxation contains almost kinds! Achara ) gained popularity … how to Cook Achara soup ( Ofe Achara.. ( fisherman soup in port harcourt can think of... out quick and tasted great addressed to speakers of English the. 09087001555 info @ cuisine-n-minutes.com areas of Port-Harcourt views Jevinik restaurant is another great addition to Lagos offering!