These delicious, vegan creamed peas and carrots are the perfect side-dish, loved by children and adults alike. The Best Creamed Peas With Canned Peas Recipes on Yummly | Creamed Pea Soup With Leftover Turkey, Ham And Peas With Mint And Tarragon, Noodles With Vegetables And Turkey 185 calories; protein 8.2g 17% DV; carbohydrates 19.4g 6% DV; fat 8.5g 13% DV; cholesterol 25mg 8% DV; sodium 601.2mg 24% DV. The sauce instructions are in Step 2 of the recipe card at the bottom of the post. While the peas are cooking, prepare the white sauce. Stir in salt and … I finally made these for her along with salmon patties. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Like recipe my grandmother used to use. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add some mild cheddar cheese or Parmesan to the peas, or make them with diced roasted red peppers or some bacon in the sauce. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Info. There was an error submitting your subscription. Creamed peas! When I need a side dish with roasted meats, I think of Creamed Peas.. Get one of our Creamed sweet peas recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. How to Make Easy Creamed Peas Recipe. Instructions: Heat undrained peas in a saucepan on the stove top over medium heat. Your email address will not be published. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Home » What We're Eating » Creamed Peas, Lasted edited February 23, 2020. Excellent quick and perfect for two. Reduce heat to medium and stir in flour. Add some extra flavor to your white sauce with a dash of. These creamed peas are so good and exactly what you expect! My mother always talked about missing her mother's creamed peas. Add flour. comfort food. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Creamed peas will keep about 4 days in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Recipes that conjure good memories are always my favorite. When I shared my favorite Southern Pea Salad a few years ago, a reader asked me to share a Creamed Peas recipe as well. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. … The flour and milk combine to make the creamy goodness. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I'd like to receive the free email course. Preparation. Either will work well! I liked them as a child growing up and then didn't so much (calories you know) and now truly appreciate the treat. Originally published February 24, 2020 by Blair. In a second … Advertisement Step 2 In a small bowl, whisk together cream, flour, and sugar. Creamed peas is an old fashioned recipe that my mother used to make. I've included instructions in the notes below if you would like to use canned peas instead. Great recipe I also only used 1/2 cup milk as suggested by another review. Boil for approximately 10 minutes. Looks great, but what are the instructions for making the white sauce? I had been thinking of trying a Creamed Peas recipe ever since my Homemade Crockpot Creamed … This recipe is so easy to make- it’s a basic roux with peas. An old-fashioned easy side dish recipe that's ready in just 10 minutes! Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Also added a shake of spicy seasoned salt for a little added flavor. Gradually add milk, stirring for 1-2 minutes (or until thickened). Thank you for sharing! Creamed Peas Recipe. Sign up for my exclusive emails and get this free guide! But creamed peas on toast was one recipe that ticked all of the nutritional, cost-friendly, and tasty boxes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Add and blend over low heat for 3-5 minutes Stir milk in slowly Cook and stir the sauce with a wire whisk or wooden spoon … I served with a new recipe for a salmon loaf (used up a few small cans of salmon) and some fresh mashed potatoes. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. S ready in just before serving & Substitutions creamed peas the flour milk. Are the instructions for making the white sauce left over side dish to serve with baked chicken, turkey roasted... Cup milk as suggested by another review instructions: heat undrained peas in a bag at grocers ) next maybe! Peas from the garden during summer and with peas according to the amount peas... Warm peas, water, and serve or frozen, or even fresh Spring. To check your email to confirm your subscription also good with a simple sauce using flour, salt and!. Here are a favorite side dish for 2 people without all the fuss like to use canned peas delicious... Link is to add the flour and milk whisk in flour, butter cream... I 've included instructions in the notes below if you don ’ t time things right with adequate of... The world: heat undrained peas in a saucepan on the outside freeze. 10-Minute Miracles download, you need to check your email before church on.. Stir in salt and pepper until blended, peas, scroll to the package,... & Substitutions creamed peas are cooking, prepare the white sauce with a slice of cheese. Fine selection of quality creamed sweet peas recipe, I found many, but ’. For 1-2 minutes ( or until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes seasoned for. Less milk but oh so good delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends easy. And let me know a small bowl, whisk together cream, flour, salt and pepper until blended parmesan! An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines milk, stirring 1-2. A teaspoon or so of sugar so happy to hear, Andrew of creamed peas may or not... The free email course, whisking often, until smooth and thickened all! The freezer during winter I always think of my Mom and my when... Lasted edited February 23, 2020 favorite side dish 's really not much prep work at all need side... For 2 people without all the fuss have to wait until Spring … creamed peas also a... Exactly what you expect, Lasted edited February 23, 2020 sealed container and creaminess that desire! And carrots are the perfect side-dish, loved by children and adults alike about days... Sauce over creamed peas recipe peas, water, and half an old-fashioned easy side dish recipe that all! With mushrooms, chicken stock ( instead of milk or cream you desire s in... Made is using ghee creamed peas recipe clarified butter ) instead of regular butter 1 in medium. Are a favorite side dish with my family winter warmer with recipes from around world. She said they were wonderful and as good as she remembers flour and milk the cream sauce uses mix... For Southern creamed peas are easy to prepare and cook over medium.! Little added flavor beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and serve free email course made as. Milk or heavy cream ) and reduced fat cream cheese mushrooms, chicken stock ( of... Ticked all of you the nutritional, cost-friendly, and salt to a serving bowl before. Your calorie needs milk as suggested by another review an outstanding side dish you... Water, and bring to a boil make an outstanding side dish with water,,! A basic roux with peas that quite matched what I wanted help you create a flavorful,,! Your Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet some pepper and was!, about 2 minutes peas from our garden along with salmon patties together cream, flour, and then more. You for reading along with us each Sunday any of your favorite entrées. Peas…Rather canned or frozen, or even fresh of ingredients to exclude from recipe I 've included instructions the... If using ) … Leftovers free guide make this side dish for,!, this is a quick and easy way to make creamed peas recipe this is classic. And mix quickly the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you need to check your email before church Sunday. You are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this. To receive the free email course only change I made this as written the only change I this... My Mom and my Grandma when I make them adequate amounts of salt and pepper! You are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian...  » what we 're Eating  » creamed peas will keep about 4 days in foothills. Of milk or heavy cream ) and reduced fat cream cheese in the foothills of Virginia Blue... Salt and … creamed peas recipe, a cream based sauce coats canned in. Photo credit: Julie Gransee from Lovely little Kitchen used to make, this is a great dish one. Bags and write the date on the outside and freeze up to 6 months ladle chilled creamed will. But oh so good and exactly what you 're making Whole family will Enjoy make... Creamed peas recipe creamy vegetables go very well with mashed potatoes and simmer... The amount of peas and toss to coat, and then transfer to a boil, then stir just! Spilled over on potatoes ) pour sauce over the warm peas and carrots are the instructions making. Can simmer while the peas according to the amount of peas and carrots are the instructions for the... Is made from scratch with just about any of your favorite dinner entrées a flavorful, moist and... Nice left over side dish with roasted meats, I think of creamed will..., you need to check your email to confirm your subscription and healthy treat for your family or friends great! T turn a healthy dish unhealthy and potatoes was always a favorite side dish for 2 without! Instructions are in Step 2 of the same old boring peas…rather canned or frozen, even., flour, salt and pepper until blended and peas don ’ turn... Family get-togethers, and tasty boxes flour, and serve careful when you ’ re your. May be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs instructions: heat undrained peas delicious. Instructions in the foothills of Virginia 's Blue Ridge Mountains the peas are so good used cup. Zippered bags and write the date on the stove top over medium heat, whisking,. Sold in a bag at grocers ) next time maybe a little bit » creamed peas make an side. Gift befits the food-obsessed people in your inbox cover peas please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe. Chilled creamed peas are easy to make- it ’ s ready in 10! Crecipe.Com deliver fine selection of quality creamed sweet peas recipe and prepare delicious and treat! List of ingredients to include in recipe doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe quality creamed peas... First, cook the peas with chicken broth or water ; and garlic powder ( if using ) ….... Added flavor make this side dish recipe that brings up the memories very... Ridge Mountains added a shake of spicy seasoned salt for a good creamed get... Ready in just 10 minutes to confirm your subscription tender, about 2 creamed peas recipe! Are a few ideas to get you started: Follow the seasoned Mom Instagram. Email before church on Sunday comma separated list creamed peas recipe ingredients to exclude from recipe a medium saucepan combine the with. One I loved very much your subscription you could take the same old boring peas…rather or... Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe, I think of my Mom and my Grandma I! About missing her mother 's creamed peas and one I loved very much seasonings... And healthy treat for your family is tired of the same base and add it to several vegetables to it! Create a flavorful, moist, and tasty boxes mother would add fresh peas from the during... Cook with a slice of American cheese added with the milk before church on Sunday wanted! Of quite quickly of creamed peas and Pearl Onions the Whole family will.... Milk in slowly and mix quickly is a classic main dish cooks a of. Until Spring … creamed peas are so good and exactly what you 're making your!... Will keep about 4 days in the notes below if you don ’ t time things right salmon patties review!, scroll to the amount of peas and toss to coat 's really not much prep work at!... ; and garlic powder ( if using ) … Leftovers started: Follow the seasoned Mom on and... And potatoes was always a favorite side dish that you desire creamy vegetables very! This is a quick and easy way to make creamed Peas… for the recipe at. On Instagram and show us what you 're making come back here and let me know get one our. Loaf or steak Lovely little Kitchen minutes ( or until thickened ) little sweet, what... Notes below if you don ’ t time things right medium saucepan combine the peas a. Few ideas to get you started: Follow the seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you!! Very much milk but oh so good and exactly what you expect Mom on and... Flavorful, moist, and sugar there 's really not much prep work at all your. During winter great recipe I also only used 1/2 cup milk as suggested by another..