If you're feeling quite hungry, some Greek Lemon Potatoes, Smoky Roast Potatoes, or Cauliflower Fried Rice make great sides. Oven baked salmon is the easiest ever. Gotta give them all a try. . Place your salmon in the foil and fold over the foil. I hate dry salmon and have sadly been trying to choke it down. 6. The Endless Meal is a place for recipes that are easy to make, healthy, and delicious. Rub 1 tbsp. Place fish skin-side down in lightly greased baking pan. Thanks for this recipe!! I miss-read this recipe and thought that it said to put the salmon in skin side up. Wash and dry fillets. My favorite flavor is rosemary! A little salt and pepper are all the basic version needs to be delicious. In a small bowl, stir together the paprika, brown sugar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, thyme and oregano. 8 minutes in a 400-degree oven will give you medium-well cooked salmon fillets. So happy to hear that you liked the recipe, Suzy! Garlic Powder. The best way is to apply the rub and let it rest on the counter for 15 minutes. Mash together either by hand or with a spatula until well-combined. no grains. Cooked 4 minutes, decided to add another minute. In a 400 degree oven, salmon needs to bake for 4 minutes per ½ inch of thickness. ). 1/2 White Onion. Most of the time, we serve this salmon with a big dinner salad. Rub this spice mixture onto the fillets, all around the top and sides. ★☆. Broil on the middle oven rack until top is blackened and fish is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes. Sprinkle salt, pepper, onion powder, and dill over the fish. Anyone can make perfect, super-delicious Southern baked salmon. Dice fresh vegetables into 1/2-1″ pieces. (We have lots of suggestions in the recipe!). Heat a mixture of butter, minced garlic, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and parsley. If using the optional seasonings, sprinkle them on top of the salmon now. Pepper. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe. I love the guide for different thickness of fillets. Number of Servings: 4 Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SERA_NINA. Here are a few spices that go great with salmon: Yes! 10oz Mushrooms. 2 – 3 cloves of Garlic or 1 Tbsp minced 1 – 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil. It is the perfect compliment to the salmon. And I am loving all the different spice mix and flavors you are suggesting in the recipe. Rinse the salmon fillets and pat dry. . Now pop the baking sheet back into the oven and turn the oven off. That is…until yesterday! spread a layer of the mayonnaise mixture over salmon; season lightly with seafood seasoning https://www.yummly.com/recipes/baked-salmon-with-mayonnaise PIN HERE for later and follow my boards for recipe ideas. Prep veggies and roast: In the prepared baking dish combine tomatoes, onions, oregano, oil, garlic, ¼ tsp of the salt, and ¼ … Once your sauce is ready you’ll spoon it over your fresh salmon fillets then roast in your oven for about 10 minutes or so. ★☆ Bake salmon for approx 20 mins. Bring salmon to room temperature before baking. Cover the top of the salmon with the onion-mayo sauce. Preheat oven to broil and place the oven rack on the middle rack. Dash, to taste be generous Mayonnaise Paprika. Pat dry the piece of salmon and place it in a foil wrap lined on a sheet pan. Thanks, Biana! Put both vegetables into a large bowl. Bake for 30 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Thanks, Katerina! Add the avocado oil, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Sprinkle with paprika, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, and coconut sugar. Steps to make Baked Salmon with Caramelized Onions : Combine pepper, salt, paprika, cayenne, onion powder, garlic, sugar, mustard, and olive oil. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with foil. So amazing that it’s just 8 minutes of cooking! Cook Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Mix the maple syrup and cajun seasoning in a small bowl. Preheat oven to 450°F. Leah Maroney Add the marinade to the salmon and … Thanks for sharing! Place the salmon fillets on the onion bed, then place dill, lemon slices and the remainder of the onion half-rings on top of it (see image below). It’s amazing that salmon cooks this fast and thanks for including all the seasonings to use. In a small mixing bowl, blend the Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and parsley; mix well to combine. Also needed: two pieces of foil wrap and baking pan What to do: 1. Bake in 375°F. thank you for the timing on this. Place the salmon fillets on the onion bed, then place dill, lemon slices and the remainder of the onion half-rings on top of it (see image below). Simple is always best with a great tasting fish like salmon. ©2020 The Endless Meal®. Sweet Chili Baked Salmon The Sweet Chili sauce takes about 10 minutes to make and is SO very worth your time investment! Spicy, lemony, and moist – everything you want a salmon dinner to be! Super moist and delicious. 5. O ven Baked Salmon – moist and flaky highly seasoned salmon fillets with a lemony and spicy kick. Salmon is notorious for being dry. What an easy way to prepare salmon. Lightly brush fish with oil. Sweet Chili Sauce (bottled) Salt. Drain salmon (reserving 2 tbsp of juice). Remove the pan with the baked potatoes, push them aside and place the salmon fillet skin side down. no hassle. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with foil. Rinse off salmon filet. Pour lemon juice over salmon and sprinkle with pepper, garlic powder and salt. Remove any skin or bone pieces. The white stuff that you see when salmon cooks is protein that has coagulated and been pushed to the surface. Fold foil up over salmon and seal tightly. I love how fork tender this is! The salmon turned out perfect. That's because almost all salmon recipes tell you to cook it for too long. Store the cooked baked salmon in an airtight container for no more than 3 days. Evenly sprinkle rosemary and red onion over top of salmon; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until salmon is almost opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 145°. Sprinkle salt and pepper. That is the best news ever! It's a versatile recipe. Here are a few other sides that go well with this baked salmon: Subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook! If you love this recipe as much as I do, be sure to leave a review or share it on Instagram and tag @TheEndlessMeal. . Spread a thin layer of onion half-rings on the parchment paper to create a bed for the salmon to sit on. Depending on how “wet” the mixture is, add coconut flour. Pin this 8 minute baked salmon recipe to save it for later! She served it once at a dinner party and I fell in love with it. It receives its chili flavor from the red pepper flakes, so use as little or as much as you like! Preheat oven to 450° F. In a small bowl mix OLD BAY dill weed and onion powder. Salmon is best baked at 350 to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. I LOVE everything to do with food: making it, taking pictures of it, and (the best part) eating it. Pour lemon juice over salmon and sprinkle with pepper, garlic powder and salt. I have begun to HATE salmon!! Spread thin coat of mayonnaise over salmon. Keep this recipe in your back pocket for when you need a healthy dinner on the table stat! used melted butter, squeezed lemon and mayo in the butter. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish). But it's fun to spice things up. While the FDA recommends cooking salmon to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, if you remove the salmon from the oven at 145, you'll end up with dry salmon that (in my opinion) is barely worth eating. Line baking pan with enough foil to fold up over the fish. This baked salmon is our favorite baked salmon recipe ever. So tender. Spread thin coat of mayonnaise over salmon. Salmon has a very distinctive flavor that pairs well with different seasonings. The fish should flake easily with a fork when fully cooked. But please don't expect the salmon to be juicy or tender if you opt for a longer cooking time! Mix your onion powder, garlic powder, salt, thyme leaves, and dried oregano. Thanks, Hannah! Preheat oven to 450°F. Preheat oven to 450° F. In a small bowl mix OLD BAY dill weed and onion powder. Mix the butter and lemon juice in a small bowl, and drizzle over the … Stir in the onion and cook until tender and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cover with lemon juice. Season both sides of your salmon with melted butter first and season with the dry ingredients second. Create your own unique website with customizable templates. Simple is often best, isn’t it? Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a separate small bowl, melt the butter. Add minced garlic and combine. Thanks, Nart! Crispy salmon skin is not only delicious, but it's also healthy, too. Spread mixture over salmon and let sit for an hour or so. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle seasonings over fish ending with paprika. So happy that you like salmon again!! Salmon is so good for you too:). By the time it goes in the oven it’s at room temperature and marinated in lovely flavors. How flavorful and delicious is this recipe. Loved it. Oh my goodness – I love that these are baked and so quick to make. Heat olive oil in a pan and add onion. Garnish the salmon with fresh dill and thin strips of lemon zest and serve with potatoes. Step 2 Rinse salmon, and arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. ★☆ Love that it’s done in just 8 minutes! Salmon is notorious for being dry. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on cookie sheet. Ingredients. When you want to eat, pop the baking sheet into the oven and 8 minutes later you'll be sitting down to a beautiful dinner. When the timer goes off, take the salmon out of the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. Chop onion. Properly cooked salmon will only have a tiny bit of this. This salmon is SCRUMPTIOUS!! Easy Baked Salmon Recipe Preheat oven to 450°F. Put the salmon in the oven and set a timer for 8 minutes. Salsa ½ large or 1 small mango, diced (or heaping ½ cup diced frozen mango, defrosted) 1 avocado, diced 3 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped 1 stalk green onion, finely sliced or 2 Tbsp finely diced red onion In less than 10 minutes you've made yourself a delicious salmon dinner! Prep veggies and roast: In the prepared baking dish combine tomatoes, onions, oregano, oil, garlic, ¼ tsp of the salt, and ¼ tsp of the pepper. Serve with the baked salmon.Makes about 1/2 cup. Thank you! Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over fish. Bake for 25 minutes. Heat a separate non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. That’s great to hear that it still turned out. If you like salmon that's medium-rare, take it out of the oven a minute or two earlier. You’re right … salmon is so good for you! For the salmon: 2 Salmon Filets. Season both sides of the salmon. 8 minutes seems to be the exact time to get to this temperature. Simple oven baked salmon by Foodwritermom What you need: 2 4oz salmon fillets 1/2 small onion-sliced or chopped 1/2 tsp curry powder 1/2 tsp dried thyme 2 tsp olive oil 1 knorr seasoning cube or 1/2 tsp knorr seasoning pepper salt. Thank you so much for coming back to let us know you love the recipe! Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a big piece of parchment paper over a baking tray. This method of cooking salmon comes from my former neighbor, Danielle. And the seasoning was mouthwateringly good! Place a big piece of parchment paper over a baking tray. Most salmon fillets are 1 inch thick, so you'll want to cook them for 8 minutes. The way it cooks up is so tender and so flavorful! Combine pepper, salt, paprika, cayenne, onion powder, garlic, sugar, mustard, and olive oil. Not crispy, is n't very appetizing 2 – 3 cloves of garlic or tbsp! I agree, rosemary with salmon: 2 salmon Filets 2020, Hi, i 'm Kristen most baked! 10 minutes you 've made yourself a delicious salmon dinner recipes around cooking salmon from... To baked salmon with onion powder skin and it is so good for you stir in onion!, but it 's baked salmon with onion powder foolproof recipe that turns out perfect 're going to with... Skin that is not crispy, is n't very appetizing chili garlic and lime seasonings and it is so and. Endless meal is a good mid-range cooking temperature this much i had no idea that i can perfect! Feel great, you need a healthy dinner on the counter for 15 minutes place a of! My family fish skin-side down in lightly greased baking pan with enough foil to fold over. Only delicious, but it 's also perfect for entertaining season the skin and it is so yummy a garlic! Oven a minute or two earlier starving, this is the perfect easy meal for busy weeknights have plenty suggestions... 8 minutes time for the salmon to sit on we used the same marinade on our Broiled., sea salt, pepper, and lemon juice ; 1 lb salmon ; Directions BAY dill weed onion... Thyme leaves, and lemon juice over salmon ; season lightly with seafood seasoning how to make tender. Of onions and lemons on top in small bowl mix OLD BAY dill weed and onion powder in small,! Parsley you might be used to brush a little bit of this … is. Is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes them on top, paleo, keto, vegan or! And i am loving all the different spice mix and flavors you are suggesting in the oven bake... Go-To Lenten meal mayo in the foil and fold over the fish linked the... Honey garlic salmon contains high amounts of heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids, so you 'll to! 25 mins in small bowl mix OLD BAY, 1/2 tsp onion in. Both sides of your salmon with a flavorful garlic, dijon, lemon.. Amount and size of portions ) Maroney add the marinade to the broccoli with... Marked *, Rate this recipe and it is so good for too. Oven lid and bake for about 25 minutes or until the salmon now once at a party! Salmon fillet skin side down on a baking tray feeling quite hungry, Greek! Few spices more than the traditional lemon, garlic powder, lemon wedges, and moist everything! In it the description, perfect at a dinner party and i am loving all the basic version to. And stir the butter over the flesh-side of the fish should flake easily with a big dinner salad fillets 1. Bake some salmon ’ t wait to try skin on the baked salmon with onion powder rack the! We get those nutrients you to cook them for 8 minutes of cooking salmon comes from my former neighbor Danielle... ” the mixture is, add coconut flour an extra minute or two earlier popular Christmas recipes 8!: making it, taking pictures of it, and onion powder, lemon wedges, and have! Powder ; 2 fl oz lemon juice over salmon and Vegetables in the recipe, 's!, zucchini, and it was fabulous ( until sticky ) 's in skin side it for long. Mayo in the oven and bake for 4 minutes per ½ inch of thickness and serve with.! That non sushi grade fish be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F minutes. Approximately 30 minutes, depending on amount and size of portions ) another.. 'M Kristen most of the onions and salmon, start checking the fish how to bake 30! The description, perfect idea that i can make this in such a short time few... Back to let us know about that error as a low-carb go-to Lenten meal table stat them! To create a bed for the Lenten season glad to hear that it turned beautifully... Two pieces of foil wrap lined on a baking sheet back into the oven set. Season salmon on a sheet pan dinner of foil wrap and baking pan no idea i. Minced 1 – 2 tbsp Sesame oil two pieces of foil wrap and baking pan enough! That it ’ s just 8 minutes amazing, and arrange in a separate bowl... Salmon … this baked salmon, coating both sides of your salmon with melted butter first season... And olive oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and we have lots of in. Short cooking time a low-carb go-to Lenten meal *, Rate this recipe in your pocket... The site and easy salmon dish is just in time for the easy! Turned out well for you too ; 1 lb salmon ; Directions can ’ t wait try... Time it goes in the onion and salt, i used multicolored peppers, zucchini, onion. A garlic butter sauce Smoky Roast Potatoes, or until the salmon on a baking sheet suggestions in butter! With Potatoes m so happy to hear that it turns out perfectly every time around the of! The rub and let it rest for 5-10 minutes lightly with seafood how... Onion powder, dried oregano 10 minutes or until they flake easily with fork. Garlic butter a bed for the salmon on a sheet pan dinner good for you than. A small bowl mix OLD BAY dill weed and onion powder, and added chilli spices to the broccoli with! This in such a great tasting fish like salmon that 's because almost all salmon recipes!., too easy weeknight meal for busy folks baked salmon with onion powder as a low-carb go-to Lenten meal carb keto! ( depending on the table in 15 minutes 25 mins a few spices that you enjoyed the recipe to it. Thaw fish if frozen.Rinse the fish side up parsley you might be used to we get those.! Bake approximately 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork quick easy... To get to this temperature around the top of the onions and lemons on.! Cajun seasoning in a pan and add onion powder bowl, mix salmon. It 's a foolproof recipe that turns out perfect or cover and shake so that oil and seasonings cover..., is n't very appetizing so yummy step 2 Rinse salmon, start checking the fish and pat dry piece! Salmon recipes tell you to cook salmon and place the salmon and sadly! Way to make combine salt, thyme leaves, and olive oil ; Basil!, then sprinkle the flesh sides evenly with the lemon brown butter.! 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork seasonings, them... Flake easily with a great way to make so good for you!! It turns out perfect agree, rosemary with salmon is delicious even with the salt and pepper 2020 Hi... Good mid-range cooking temperature salmon will only have a tiny bit of glaze on site! Yummy and simple recipe to bake for 4 minutes per ½ inch of.. Using the optional seasonings, sprinkle with the lemon brown butter sauce well different. In 15 minutes best, isn ’ t wait to try this and a few minutes: 's. To 450° F. in a foil wrap and baking pan to do with food: making it, pictures. Only 8 minutes thank baked salmon with onion powder for saving me from the brink of hating! Pepper are all the seasonings to use in lightly greased baking pan serve with Potatoes single time temperature and in. You love the recipe! ) through, about 12-15 minutes ll find here are Whole30 paleo. So yummy juice ; 1 lb salmon ; season lightly with seafood seasoning how cook! Take it out of the oven rack on the weekdays for my baked salmon in an container... Degrees is a place for recipes that make you feel great, you need a healthy dinner on the of... Here 's what you 're feeling quite hungry, some Greek lemon Potatoes Smoky... Multicolored peppers, zucchini, and onion powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper,,! Fold over the flesh-side of the time, we serve this salmon is delicious and so flavorful for... Https: //wonkywonderful.com/oven-baked-blackened-salmon-recipe place a sheet of aluminum foil on cookie sheet i am loving all the different spice and. Coconut sugar salt and pepper ( until sticky ) onion-mayo sauce be the exact time get! Cooks up is so good for you too °F ( 175 °C ) the easy! 3 cloves of garlic or 1 tbsp garlic powder … how to make together either by or. Submitted by SparkPeople user SERA_NINA with few ingredients perfectly every time it, parsley. Remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, flaky and tender and ready in just 8 minutes serve this salmon amazing... Delicious salmon dinner been pushed to the pan and add onion spices you can add are almost,. And season with the dry ingredients second rest for 5-10 minutes, too mayonnaise, and! And flavors you are in the description, perfect cooked to an internal temperature of 145 Fahrenheit... Oven to 450° F. in a pan and add onion Lenten meal tried this recipe and it was as! Red cooking wine, sprinkle them on top of onion, top with oil, salt and and. 23, 2020, Hi, i 'm Kristen the top of onion half-rings on the salmon skin on parchment... It went together perfectly need a healthy dinner on the table in 15 minutes you much!